PDA

View Full Version : Necron expansion part 2

JC_Denton2
25-01-08, 12:11
So I was hoping to get an official answer in one of my last threads but I guess it was kind of long and there were a bunch of questions but the one I'm most concerned about was...

Are there ever going to be plans to expand Neocron or make the Outzone seem more lively?

Some ideas for Neocron city urban renewal:

1) "Hunting areas" that are inside office buildings that pit you against corporate security and para-military groups.
2) OP Style skyscrapers that players can control and operate.
3) Malls featuring many stores from "Mom and pop" ownership that specialize in specific merchandise as well as the big timers (ie. HEW, A&W, Yo's, etc.)
4) Make it feel more like a city with an actual street level with cars, shops, alleys, garbage.

I really have tons of ideas I'll add to this wishlist as time goes on.

Any official input is definiely welcome.

Carnage
25-01-08, 12:19
We have started the Thread Neocron brainport: Your ideas, suggestions and wishes (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141298)

Please add your ideas and wishes there.

Riddle
25-01-08, 12:25

Heard this idea from a runner a long while ago, dam he was good. Turned up one day as a noob, i supplied him with a few weapons and as fast as i could build the next one, he needed it :)

He capped in no time, then said it needed a little more and it would be a fantastic game.

Handed me all his imps, armour and apartment keys and promptly left!!

Amazing what Ifound in his appy, tbh usually takes people a long time to amass what he had :p

Anyways i look forward to seeing the Brainport Thread put to good use:angel:

JC_Denton2
25-01-08, 19:26
We have started the Thread Neocron brainport: Your ideas, suggestions and wishes (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141298)

Please add your ideas and wishes there.

I feel that posts and thus valuable ideas start to get lost in threads like those, if there was someone to manage a master list of ideas on page 1 post 1 I would definitely be more inclined to post in that thread.

Apocalypsox
25-01-08, 19:48
3) Malls featuring many stores from "Mom and pop" ownership that specialize in specific merchandise as well as the big timers (ie. HEW, A&W, Yo's, etc.)

Fucking brilliant idea. Have shops like that that sell various lower end weps (>75)
with good conditions, like 100-110% on stats, and maybe 2-3 slots. That way, the newer players would have a place to get weapons that weren't peices of shit without having to go through the const procress for a tl28 wep.

Riddle
25-01-08, 23:07
Fucking brilliant idea. Have shops like that that sell various lower end weps (>75)
with good conditions, like 100-110% on stats, and maybe 2-3 slots. That way, the newer players would have a place to get weapons that weren't peices of shit without having to go through the const procress for a tl28 wep.

Noooooo!!! Then what would i do :)

I already offer ALL non rare weapons with 2 slots + from <<Logan's Emporium>>

Jest
25-01-08, 23:47
1) "Hunting areas" that are inside office buildings that pit you against corporate security and para-military groups.
Noice. It's true that we don't really fight other factions outside of players. Kind of a bummer that the HQs became safe zones.

Also nice. It'd be awesome if they made op waring a part of the city as well.

While this isnt specifically what you are asking for, player vendors have been requested since as long as I can remember. Can't imagine we'll ever see it in game.

4) Make it feel more like a city with an actual street level with cars, shops, alleys, garbage.
Personally I think the city is great as-is. Though imo the hover cars may have been the most worthless addition to the game ever, lol. Too bad they don't travel between zones.

Also, agreed, the Brainport right now feels like a dumping for our ideas. I'm sure KK keeps track of it, but its hard to really grab the attention or discussion of other players there.

Jaeon
29-01-08, 18:43
Though imo the hover cars may have been the most worthless addition to the game ever, lol.

Actually, they help the city feel alive, like the rats running around, and the copbot spontaneous walking routine.

Cabs are useless yeah, but help you immerse in the mood of NC city.

Jest
29-01-08, 19:05
Actually, they help the city feel alive, like the rats running around, and the copbot spontaneous walking routine.

Cabs are useless yeah, but help you immerse in the mood of NC city.
Fair enough, though immersion and usefulness at once would have been better. :P

flib
30-01-08, 20:06
Apparently you can hide from Copbots in them.