PDA

View Full Version : Barter in 2.2, advice?

Jaeon
21-01-08, 15:58
Been wanting to make a barter toon since i joined NC... And from what i searched, 120 skill in barter was enough, pointless to put all skill points in him.

Although since things have changed now with 2.2, skill % whatnot, do u guys think a barter should have all points now? All 175?

I also noticed that the higher a char skills are - Int and Dex, the lower stuff costs in a shop.

My CST'er has no points in barter at all, and stuff costs alot less to him then they cost a newly made character.

What say you?

Brammers
21-01-08, 17:04
INT and BRT (Barter skill) effects your discount or selling price at the shops. Just barter has a bigger influence. DEX should not have an effect.

So tanks get ripped off at the shops because they have low INT, where the spies and monks get the best prices. :p

As far as I know, the influence of the skills hasn't changed in 2.2

Here's a couple of prices. (3 spies with barter skill)

Capped barter (100INT 175BRT)

Clan key 272k
Faction License 49nc

Not so capped barter (INT85 153BRT)

Clan key 286k
Faction License 51nc

Not so capped barter (INT81 115BRT)

Clan key 306k
Faction License 55nc

Jaeon
21-01-08, 17:49
Brammers for president! :cool:

Ty m8 :)

Guess ill have to do a barter now :D

Zheo
21-01-08, 23:29
You can get a barter implant, and if like me you have a second account you can get a ppu buff too giving you 187 barter Also you can get int boosting implants to give you a little boost, though drugs aren't worth it unless your doing a shite load of buying and selling expensive items. tbh :)

hope that helps.

Jaeon
25-01-08, 16:24
Thx Zheo :)

Darkana
28-01-08, 17:59
Actually things have changed with 2.2 for sure. I've collected some data about barter skill and it's effects in the past, and the savings were roughly 45% with capped INT + barter skill and respective implants. Nowadays it's like 33% from the looks of it.

Secondly, the max obtainable barter skill is 189, 175 base, +5 from the barter profession implant (Mr. Jones mission) and +9 from the PPU buff. That used to be 192, the PPU buff (Support3) got changed a bit. Also, thanks to the changes in implants, the overall INT boost past 100 has been halfed, more or less, but the effects of that are neglectible.

Jaeon
01-02-08, 14:53
Got me capped barter done :)

Droned till overcap, then lommed it all.

Got 190 in barter, 115+ in INT - implants for int.

Riddle
01-02-08, 15:56
Got me capped barter done :)

Droned till overcap, then lommed it all.

Got 190 in barter, 115+ in INT - implants for int.

Nice, well done m8, Now whats the price of a Faction License:)

Brammers
01-02-08, 16:43
Slightly off topic: I was talking to Tratos yesterday about the THN item DB data, and whether it has price data in it. (It doesn't, but support for prices will get added)

One question that got asked, is there a relationship between the price of an Item and it's TL?

Also whats the relationship between the NPC's selling price and purchase price? (Apart from he rips you off)

Anyone interesting in shedding some light on this?

Jaeon
01-02-08, 16:58
Speaking of TH, it would be awesome if a list for what mobs drops an item, and which smuggler sells which items.

Pain in the ass to list it all i know, but would be cool nonetheless. //

Riddle, ill put an Nskill pic with the barter setup and the faction license cost once i get home.

I did get a p1 unfurnished 3rd lvl app key for 300ish K. And they costed me 700k+ to my capped droner, also DRE fsm.

Carnage
01-02-08, 17:02
One question that got asked, is there a relationship between the price of an Item and it's TL?

We can use 2 methods for that. We can set prices manually (thats for the most items), and the system can generate itemprices (if we like todo that).

Also whats the relationship between the NPC's selling price and purchase price? (Apart from he rips you off)

Its a percentage of the itembaseprice (i think it was something around 40% of the baseprice)

Riddle
01-02-08, 17:05
Slightly off topic: I was talking to Tratos yesterday about the THN item DB data, and whether it has price data in it. (It doesn't, but support for prices will get added)

Anyone interesting in shedding some light on this?

I looked at this some time ago and afaik the item price from in store is directly related to TL even across different weapons. Also spllit by lowtech and hightec price range.

So if for examply you buy a low tech rifle TL35 and found a comparable pistol also TL35 then their price is the same.

I noted down all shop costs so i could figure out how much weapons cost to buy, then worked out how much they were to build, all with no barter.

So i could figure out a reasonable cost for my wepons sold. I mean why buy a normal cannon for 40k , res it, build several of them to get some slots when you can come buy a 2 slot 99% cap for 45k :) no brainer.

NOTE: I only did this for rifle/melee/Pistol/Heavy. so not indicative of game design i.e Furniture Etc.

I have no info on items sold back as i always dump them through my barter toon;)

Brammers
01-02-08, 17:54
We can use 2 methods for that. We can set prices manually (thats for the most items), and the system can generate itemprices (if we like todo that).

Its a percentage of the itembaseprice (i think it was something around 40% of the baseprice)

Thanks for that info, can you tell us how the item price is auto-generated by the game?

Speaking of TH, it would be awesome if a list for what mobs drops an item, and which smuggler sells which items.

Pain in the ass to list it all i know, but would be cool nonetheless. //

I'm working on the Item DB 1.4 serries at the moment, which is featuring a lot of display improvements and the ability to put item information in any of our guides. There are lots of small other things planned as well, and a fair bit of code refactoring to allow for future expansion and to make life a bit easier.

For 1.5/2.0 I am planning on writing a NPC database, so you will be able to find out who sells what, or where to get an item from. No ETA I'm afraid for when this will happen.

If anyone is interested in helping out with testing and commenting on the new version of the Item DB, please send a PM to me on the Tech Haven Network, there is a beta test group.

Jaeon
01-02-08, 18:27
For 1.5/2.0 I am planning on writing a NPC database, so you will be able to find out who sells what, or where to get an item from. No ETA I'm afraid for when this will happen.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome :D