PDA

View Full Version : Dystopia

carbonkink
15-01-08, 20:16
I've come upon a mod for Half-Life 2 that reminded me a lot like Neocron.... but in Steroids. Check it out. They have similar classes in a way that could be somewhat similar to Neocron, except there isn't a class that looks like a monk. They also have a super cool hacknet in the mod that really out beats neocrons version. Seriously. Check out the video in the link provided up top. Just scroll down a bit.

Let me know what you guys think. I say kk should definetly scrap their wanna-be Eve game and just make a new Neocron game from Scratch.

Jest
15-01-08, 20:43
It's pretty sweet. Played it for about a year. Was surprised I never saw more NC folks playing it. I highly recommend it. :)

Tickles
15-01-08, 20:48
Woah this mod looks awesome. Will definitely have to check it out. KK hire them please :p

Jest
15-01-08, 20:52
It's all objective based, too. The meatspace players have to coordinate with the hackers for every objective. Like on some maps you have to flip a physical switch before a hacker and flip the switch there. Or you have to turn off a turret in order to let the physical players advance.

It can be insanely frustrating being on a poor team because no matter how good you are, you usually need at least one other good person to do anything, lol.

carbonkink
15-01-08, 21:24
Woah this mod looks awesome. Will definitely have to check it out. KK hire them please :p

yes please.

This in my opinion would be hella cool if op wars were like that ;P hehe. Objective based etc.

It's a great mod :) Played it for a while and it really deserves to be up there with CS.

L0KI
15-01-08, 21:34
Was playing it for about 6 months a year ago...

It's a good game/mod. I was never totally wow'd with it from day one, but it was definitely worth my time.

I always ended up going back to CS:Source though.

Oh - if anyone gets massively into it, and wants a cheap server, PM me ;)

zii
15-01-08, 22:03
Looks great. Everyone on the ubuntu forums is asking "where can I download StreamInstaller.exe?" and the answer 'is go and Google'. Googling produces results that all have the same question " "where can I download StreamInstaller.exe?". LOL. I still don't know where to download it from, so cannot run CS and won't play Dystopia :( Long live Google :D

Voodoo_Magic
15-01-08, 22:17
http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=getsteamnow&cc=GB

Sharper Blade
15-01-08, 23:16
played this too after my account expired back in the day, i really liked playing it but it doesn't seem all that popular

William Antrim
16-01-08, 00:45
A friend of mine used to absolutely love it, he almost got me into it waaaaaay back in the day but I never got round to it.

One of the best mods for HL apparently for sure.

Foxtrot
16-01-08, 03:35
So does it replaces neocron?

Apocalypsox
16-01-08, 04:08
No, it doesn't replace NC. But its a nice vacation away from it after a shitty opfight or losing 3 rhinos in a row or something.

ashley watts
16-01-08, 07:20
It's a koolish game imo, hasnt got a long play life though

zii
16-01-08, 10:50
So does it replaces neocron?
Its a quick fix for running around shooting. Looking at it I would rather play Nc.

L0KI
16-01-08, 10:54
It's a koolish game imo, hasnt got a long play life though

That about sums it up

Riddle
16-01-08, 12:45
*stands back in awe of sharps Sig.........

Jaeon
16-01-08, 13:04
Seems interesting, but feels "toyish".

I'll stick to NC thank you :)