PDA

View Full Version : How about we start OP fights again?

jini
14-01-08, 13:02
After recent event is p2, leading in many lost items, I suggest the community we all fight/attack in warzones. What do you think?
WoWlords would gladly defend against -ANY- reds for its OPs regardless of clans, just keep an eye to balance.

What do you guys think? Zonewhorefighting against Warzonefighting?

Vila
14-01-08, 13:14
what will we do during the time when theres no opfights ?
on the other hand, hell yea.

Riddle
14-01-08, 14:47
What do you guys think? Zonewhorefighting against Warzonefighting?

Thought it was all the same tbh, get the wrong clan against you and all they do is Zone whore the UG anyways, not much different from zone whoring the P2 line.

As for belt drops, aside from case you mention, belt drop should = risk of loss, hell if you can't afford to lose what you got don't carry it :p

More OP fights? Who wouldn't want more...;)

Lula Lovelips
14-01-08, 15:37
I'd love some op wars, i'll be crouching behind the bushes near the op ya'll are fighting at shooting you off with my silent hunter! Except for jini ofcourse! And sexy Tupac!

Plaza 2 seems a very awkward place for fighting, all i see when i come there is people who take 2 hits and start running to plaza 1. :rolleyes: so cowardish :(

Selendor
14-01-08, 16:18
After Dark have been roaming around the wastes for the last few days looking for op fights, so feel free to attack!

jini
14-01-08, 16:23
hmmm...
Maybe you didnt understood entirely :p
Anyway, we should all avoid p2 for couple days, till kk reach to a solution :p
I will give some more hints ingame.

L0KI
14-01-08, 16:39
FILL, the zoneline with TH-style turrets. EVERY zone line infact.

The problem with copbots is that they move. They wander away from the zone line and ruin the rest of the zone. P2 zoneline is the ideal place to put about 8 uber-powerful turrets.

Surely it wouldnt take long to spam every zone line with turrets?

William Antrim
14-01-08, 16:47
My comments in previous threads have made all the points I feel I need to make on this issue.

Looks to me like youre just starting to reap what you have sown.

solling
14-01-08, 21:10
thing is warlords and AD attack with 8-10 most of the time while other clans have half as many from what ive seen on ooc anyways :p

landofcake
14-01-08, 22:09
Do FF have enough to be active in op warring lore ?

solling
14-01-08, 22:41
nope we dont and we dont hold any ops but from what ive seen in p2 and when u guys fight AD and Warlords outnumber the enemy clans by quite a few since the free time has ended , correct me if im wrong.

that could be a reason for some clans prefering p2 fights to op fights.

JC_Denton2
14-01-08, 22:43
Belt dropping ruins the game and slows down PvP, fuck that noise.

Glok
14-01-08, 23:00
Belt dropping ruins the game and slows down PvP, fuck that noise.I guess you would hate the old rules then.. read this: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=84201

JC_Denton2
14-01-08, 23:07
I guess you would hate the old rules then.. read this: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=84201

Yeah that does suck, it's bad enough you usually have to get re-imped after death and to add insult to injury some dude who wrecked you gets to have your stuff.

Glok
14-01-08, 23:13
I didn't think it sucked.. ;)

edit: And I lost a LOT of stuff. In one day I lost 6 weapons once.

Voodoo_Magic
14-01-08, 23:43
I simply have this to say:

Not another fucking OP war thread by jini, where he claims all this crap..

Sorry, but its the 3rd, it will be locked, people will flame. The reason people dont attack WRLD jini is:

with 9 online, we had 8.. you guys just said on OOC: We'r leveling, come back later

You attacked us: We was in reagents, miles away.. impossible to get back in time, we said sorry we are in legacy, you say tough, always defend...

With 6 v 6.. Was a great fight, we die, get pokes.. goes upto 7 v 7, fair enough... then you die, and return.. with AD, and a few EXL snipers... 14 v 7

This happens ALOT, not just a few times, i mean ALOT!

Think about how you defend and attack before you make these threads complaining people dont OP fight -

jini
14-01-08, 23:53
I said -ANY- red. [ edited ]
That means that you can gt your buddies and attack

l8m0n
14-01-08, 23:53
I'm all up for GOOD, FAIRLY numbered outpost fights!

Yet you still have clans like AD, who see we have 2 online and attack us with nearly 10 people. Where is the fun in that? Sort it out guys.

I turn up to defend (yes just me) and find they are barreling the ug..

*logs off, switches on police documentry*

/ps, after just reading the post above. Can we put an age limit on neocron, these kiddies are simply annoying.

William Antrim
14-01-08, 23:59
I said -ANY- red. [ edited ]

Read what he said, then think about the drivel you have just posted and then think about why you made this thread in the first place.

come back when you've figured it all out. [ edited ]

Voodoo_Magic
15-01-08, 00:03
Ive not seen one person post an opinion supporting AD/WLRD/Jini on this topic.

The fact remains - WRLD/AD Outnumber people, and dont care.

Ive been to opfights also, with 10+ against only 1 or 2, maybe 3... And they barrel with Pesty like mad.

Its pointless, Maybe you should learn to op fight, before making multiple threads asking people to learn to opfight...

Ive not seen one NON AD/WRLD member support there story either-

Glok
15-01-08, 00:22
[ edited ] Are you saying he doesn't have fingers or toes.

jini
15-01-08, 08:30
[ edited ]

Cromac
15-01-08, 09:47
[ edited ]

solling
15-01-08, 11:41
I said -ANY- red. Read, or learn how to.

thats not always gonna happen jini its easier and more fun just being ur own clan. i would say stop bringing AD to all ur fights (assuming u do) u cant bring a force of 14v 7 and just assume that the clan ur attacking will bring friends it just dont work that way. check the numbers online and bring similar numbers thats the best way to get a nice op fight. I have been in enough of both situations to know :p

ALSO a known fact is that no matter what numbers any of u have u always ALWAYS see the enemy with more numbers then they actually do have (specially if u loose) :) that goes for both sides.

landofcake
15-01-08, 12:00
This thread doesn't seem to make much sense, the OP is appealing for everyone to take part in OP fights, yet has a bizzare tendancy to vastly outnumber opposing clans during OP fighting ...

If you're so desparate for people to come and take part in OP fights with you (most people would be happy to), you'll probably have to make the compromise of either:

A) Not attacking a clan when they've barely got anyone online.

or

B) Not bringing such a huge amount of players to OP fights. I understand that perhaps there's simply that many people in X faction that want to come to a fight, but you'll never accomplish decent OP fighting this way. Either keep it as clan only OR do the decent thing and DM clan leaders saying "we've got a huge bunch that are after an OP fight, can you organise a similar force ?"

Personally if i ran a clan and saw layer 1 had gone down to a force that was much larger than who we had online (and was barreling and AoE'ing the UG for that matter), i simply wouldn't bother turning up.

So, you speak like you're all for having good, fun, fair and enjoyable op fights, yet you act like all you care about is rampaging your way around the map and owning a bunch of OP's.

I've got no problem with either of those views, just be clear which one you ACTUALLY want.

Nidhogg
15-01-08, 12:28
No more trolling or flaming on this thread, please.

N

William Antrim
15-01-08, 13:41
Jeremy Beadle nailed it to be perfectly honest. There is nothing more to add, either in this or any of the other threads that this person has started.

Edit: Jini you once again have missed the point by a mile. Does it really take three threads on the same subject and over 100 posts from nearly EVERYONE else in the community before you see what is actually happening?

Really?

:confused:

jini
15-01-08, 13:41
thats not always gonna happen jini its easier and more fun just being ur own clan. i would say stop bringing AD to all ur fights (assuming u do) u cant bring a force of 14v 7 and just assume that the clan ur attacking will bring friends it just dont work that way. check the numbers online and bring similar numbers thats the best way to get a nice op fight. I have been in enough of both situations to know :p

ALSO a known fact is that no matter what numbers any of u have u always ALWAYS see the enemy with more numbers then they actually do have (specially if u loose) :) that goes for both sides.
Lore, we don't bring AD together... jesus...
We are already too many alone, we don't need AD to tag alone with us.
I am just saying -but some are trying to destort my sayings- that in order for the enemy to balance our clans (ours or ADs) to bring friends that are REDs to us, and that we don't mind (well WoW don't) and to leave that stupid zone/guardwhore fighting place. thats all

danmalone
15-01-08, 14:25
Lore, we don't bring AD together... jesus...
We are already too many alone, we don't need AD to tag alone with us.
I am just saying -but some are trying to destort my sayings- that in order for the enemy to balance our clans (ours or ADs) to bring friends that are REDs to us, and that we don't mind (well WoW don't) and to leave that stupid zone/guardwhore fighting place. thats all

Simple solution to this would be either what beadle said.... or switch factions. TT has an insane amount of players in atm whereas Tsunami for example has next to no1, i say tsunami as it had ALOT of enemies so then u will not be short of op wars. This way instead of AD and Wlrd turning up as allies they would be enemies therefor a bigger battle over ops. :cool:

solling
15-01-08, 14:26
its not always easy to get other clans to help u out specially with the tendancy to shoot alllied clans that we have in nc today :p

i think people should start using alliance more.

still jini u have a big clan and if the enemy dont have many online then dont bring everyone if u want a good fight or attack 2 enemy clans at the same time split up ur forces, or help the enemy get an effective fighting force toghether , either way its not just the other people that need to do something ur clan as well.

Glok
15-01-08, 14:43
Tsunami for example has next to no1, i say tsunami as it had ALOT of enemies so then u will not be short of op wars.Enemies are CA, BT, TT, PP, BD. Allied to DRE, CM, and FA. I think it's the perfect faction. :p

Doc Holliday
15-01-08, 14:53
keep talkin shit on here and keep talking shit in game. fact is none if it will change no matter what colour u make the shit to be.

lore. your remark about more enemies at op fights than your own side is spot on. its cause they wear pink glasses.

Tickles
15-01-08, 15:26
I'd like to formally apologise for my clan (AD)

We have been taking OPs when we have seen that not many of the enemy clan are online. Not my call. I OP fight because i enjoy the battles. I don't care about owning the OP.

I think it's a good idea DM'ing the highest rank of the enemy clan and asking them to get a force together and will endeavor to do this when I am on.

Oh and Jini, we don't TAG along with WRLD. You either call us for help or you don't.

silent000
15-01-08, 15:33
Oh and Jini, we don't TAG along with WRLD. You either call us for help or you don't.

You got told :cool:

And I wouldn't mind logging in one day this week for an OP fight, but it will prob be thurs if any1 is up for the tit that is me tagging along :lol:

Doc Holliday
15-01-08, 15:34
I'd like to formally apologise for my clan (AD)

We have been taking OPs when we have seen that not many of the enemy clan are online. Not my call. I OP fight because i enjoy the battles. I don't care about owning the OP.

I think it's a good idea DM'ing the highest rank of the enemy clan and asking them to get a force together and will endeavor to do this when I am on.

LOL

*Its too late to apologiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise* (cue timbaland music)

you wont give them back tho will you lol.

Yes its a good idea to have some respect for each other and actually communicate between clans but i dont see it happening. you need some mature clan leaders for that.

Riddle
15-01-08, 15:46
Yawn.....:rolleyes:

Voodoo_Magic
15-01-08, 15:53

Oh Good, Jini's Excuse of, they saw us fighting and "TAG'd" along wont work anymore

Selendor
15-01-08, 16:19
Alliance chat is broken, in case anyone tries to use it.

AD have been attacking ops in the hope that the owners will log on more members, its been that way in the past, also some of the owners have some non-clanned allies they bring along, so its hard to base on citycom what the resistance will be. Last night for instance there was a nice fight at cycrow, AD outnumbered the enemy by a few but they fought better than us for a long time, it was good.

And also, if op taking / fighting isn't going on people will just log off, so its out of boredom and a wish to keep the members online I think.

Anyway, these things don't stay the same for long, another clan will get more numbers soon enough.

CMaster
15-01-08, 16:29
you wont give them back tho will you lol.

Well that isn't really the point, is it.
Even if you are in it just for the fights, you're going to take the chance to fight to keep the ops.

There's nothing wrong with clans working together if they want to in my mind. I wish some people would get off their high horse about that - especially as multi-clan forces are always weaker than a single clan of the same size. Factions should be able to work together sometimes. Of course, Bringing a whole faction to take an op defended by a clan with 4 online is silly, unless your faction is DRE of course, in which case you would probably still lose.

Doc Holliday
15-01-08, 17:25
Well that isn't really the point, is it.
Even if you are in it just for the fights, you're going to take the chance to fight to keep the ops.

There's nothing wrong with clans working together if they want to in my mind. I wish some people would get off their high horse about that - especially as multi-clan forces are always weaker than a single clan of the same size. Factions should be able to work together sometimes. Of course, Bringing a whole faction to take an op defended by a clan with 4 online is silly, unless your faction is DRE of course, in which case you would probably still lose.

the point i made u quoted was simply that its one thing to take the ops when few are available for a fight but really its a slap in the face and a hollow apology if you then come on here saying oh sorry we took them and leaving it at that. its fair point tickles stands up sayin this but im guessing he isnt high up in his clan so therefore what happens next. exactly nothing. unless a huge zerg comes and takes them back in which case we stand on a big snake and slide all the way back the beginning of the board.

Im not trying to reinvent the wheel here dude but its painfully obvious sometimes.

moving forward im curious to see how this shapes up and which clans do take a stance for or against this and how it all shapes up. hopefully we (bodycount) will be able to be back actively op fighting again but in the mean time i will be keeping one eye on OOC for sure.

Ps this post is the long version of the first one a few up on the thread. it sums up my thoughts anyway :)

Selendor
15-01-08, 17:56
we stand on a big snake and slide all the way back the beginning of the board.

This is the area that I've never formed a definite opinion in my mind, either way. To take your analogy on, at the top of the board we have 6 players arranging a fight with 6 enemy players, at a mutually beneficial time, with rezzes afterwards. At the bottom of the board we have a multi-clan zerg of 30+ taking the whole map and rez-killing anyone that gets in their way.

The thing is, neither scenario leaves me satisfied as a player. I've been in op wars where its all very cordial, and you'll find I'm always willing to say gf, rez the opposition etc. But I'm not sure thats what the game is about. When I think back to the days of Saturn when big clans dominated the map, and the hatred of them drove the smaller clans to level, to fight back, to post argumentative threads on the forums...I actually think those were more fun times....

So I guess I'm saying you need an equal dose of respect and healthy dislike in order to maintain the unique enjoyment of Op warring in Neocron. I hope that makes sense. :o

CMaster
15-01-08, 18:05
I'd like to see op-wars changed to the point where you could have a valid fight WITHOUT having to rely on the goodwill of both clans to be nice and keep to this rule and that rule. No system is perfect, of course, but the fact is that at the moment if you want to just be bastards and take op after op after op you can. In fact its easy. Its only the desire for some kind of fight that stops this happening constantly.

Then again, if all you every play the game for is op fights, there are better games out there...

L0KI
15-01-08, 18:09
This is the area that I've never formed a definite opinion in my mind, either way. To take your analogy on, at the top of the board we have 6 players arranging a fight with 6 enemy players, at a mutually beneficial time, with rezzes afterwards. At the bottom of the board we have a multi-clan zerg of 30+ taking the whole map and rez-killing anyone that gets in their way.

The thing is, neither scenario leaves me satisfied as a player. I've been in op wars where its all very cordial, and you'll find I'm always willing to say gf, rez the opposition etc. But I'm not sure thats what the game is about. When I think back to the days of Saturn when big clans dominated the map, and the hatred of them drove the smaller clans to level, to fight back, to post argumentative threads on the forums...I actually think those were more fun times....

So I guess I'm saying you need an equal dose of respect and healthy dislike in order to maintain the unique enjoyment of Op warring in Neocron. I hope that makes sense. :o

That, to me makes perfect sense. I have to admit, that I myself never enjoyed getting rezzed after the OP fight.
OP fights aren't about perfect balance of numbers and skill levels. This is not CS.

What Neocron lacks now is the numbers for the smaller clans to level, rise up and fight back. People are in their clans, and they are staying put.

I built a near 200 member clan called sYn in less than 2 weeks on the Uranus server. I didnt know half of them, I just wanted to be able to compete with the big boys, and wanted to build up an army. So, I just got everyone to invite everyone they could. New players, old players, ANY PLAYERS.

Either way, if a clan even half that size was to form now, that'd be most of the server. The large scale fights just arent large scale any more.

It's clear it doesn't work in the old NC1 way. Randomly attacking an OP normally results in not enough opposition, and therefore, no fun. However, as Selendor rightly says, the only thing that would even further kill the fun is organised, friendly OP fighting. I mean, where's the Cyperpunk thrill in that?

Neocron needs a delicate balance of hatred and respect to function.

Selendor
15-01-08, 18:17
Then again, if all you every play the game for is op fights, there are better games out there...

Yes I suppose there are, Battlefield and Call of Duty are slowly introducing a levelling element to their games, however their infinite skirmishes don't have the meaning of wars in a persistent world such as Neocron.

Looking around the MMO world, I like the sound of Eve's war and politics scene, but I don't think I could ever penetrate the mystery of that monster from scratch when others are so far down its road. Its funny, that despite all my cynicism of KK making another MMO, I might find Black Prophecy is the only game that will carry on that op war feeling we've had in Neocron all these years.

Out of interest, what other MMO's have you guys played where the PvP component resembles Neocron's OP wars - and what kind of attitude do you see from the players in that combat?

solling
15-01-08, 18:24
The thing is, neither scenario leaves me satisfied as a player. I've been in op wars where its all very cordial, and you'll find I'm always willing to say gf, rez the opposition etc. But I'm not sure thats what the game is about.

i never did enjoy having to arrage an op fight or rezzing afterwards its WAR DAMIT !!! that said being polite is a good thing but being to polite is not.

if u want a fight and no one is on but u have plenty (happened to us alot to) then make 2 teams of ur clan and fight each other can be very very fun to, tho of course not as fun as an actual op fight with even numbers , just throwing out ideas.

Reaction77
15-01-08, 18:32
WE (AD) don't intentionaly wait untill enemy clans have 2 or less on for fights, we fight when we have the people on to fight. We simply cannot wait around for other clans to log more members on because it doesnt happen... unless we take some ops. A few weeks ago, we had some nice fights with sxr at gravis tyron, because when they realisd they were under attack they sent out a call over msn/ventrillo whatever that they neeeded people to log on, so they did, and they were good fights.

Now last night, sxr went on a bit of a hacking spree, as you may have noticed from the world map, AD have no ops left. Am I going to complain about this ? No, although im not happy about having no ops left, I am very happy about the great fights we had. We had 2 people on, myself and the fantastic mr-fury. (Tickles came on for a few minutes, but he was pissed out of his face :lol: ) Anyway the point being we showed up to fight at every one of those ops and we had fun doing it, as I'm sure sxr did. We wanted fights and thats what we got, just wanted to say thanks and I hope you guys will show up when we take them back again :p

Pretty much my point is; if you want op wars, you have to prepared to fight outnumbered and outguned at whatever time your ops are under attack.

Selendor
15-01-08, 18:38
I know he's a clanmate so I'm biased, but I think Reaction has the right attitude to Op wars in that post above.

See you in the wastelands!

CMaster
15-01-08, 18:57
Out of interest, what other MMO's have you guys played where the PvP component resembles Neocron's OP wars - and what kind of attitude do you see from the players in that combat?

Planetside.

If all you seek is Neocron-esque opfights, then its hard to find anything better.
Dozens of roles you can play (artillery/support/heavy vehicle/sniper/infantrymen/air force/combat engineer), a basic fire support system, real hitscan weaponry, a command structure and clan support. Fights are over erm, facilities I think they're called, basically outposts, and taking one takes time and coordination.

People's attitude towards fighting is largley that its what they're in the game for, that their commanders are incompetent, and that smaller-scale conflicts are typically started by outfits (basically clans) and have a tendency to spiral out of control. Oh, and the commanders think their troops are stubborn, ignorant pains.

To make it even more reassuringly like NC, its ugly as sin and full of hackers!

So why don't I play it?
Because there is nothing else to do in it other than 24/7 opfights. And that alone isn't worth the money per month to my mind, especially as the slightly different fighting environment (the caverns) only ever got visited during the event that was on during the free time that me and a bunch of other NC guys played.
Because honestly, Battlefield 2 probably does that kinda combat as well or better, even though I inexplicably haven't played it.
Because of the feeling of being lost in a crowd. I tend towards Natural Selection over Battlefield. I'd love to play a persistent universe game with Planetside style outposts - but with squad-level combat, rather than battalion level, as refreshingly intense as it can be. Heh, I've for a long idea had a solid design for how I'd do an cyberpunk MMORPG. Now somethings forming in my head for a millitary persistent-FPS/post apoc MMORPG... (ever since playing System Shock/Deus Ex, I've always felt all RPGs should be FPS)

Jest
15-01-08, 19:09
Reaction has the right idea, and op wars would be better if every one has his same attitude. 95% of the players in this game are incapable of admitting that they aren't the greatest Neocron player/clan/class ever. Until that changes, and people treat op wars as the fun they should be, and not a measuring tool of your e-cock, then unfortunately op wars will never reach their full potentional.

My recommendation:
- Diversify the map. Let some smaller clans hold an op or two.
- Never take more than one op in a single op session.
- Don't be a dick and hold the entire map just because you can.

I wish there should be a cap for ops depending on size, but doubt that would ever be implemented.
4-6 unique members can hold one op
7-9 unique members can hold two ops
10-15 unique members can hold three ops

And so on... Would probably give a lot more color to the map than is now.

Glok
15-01-08, 19:18
It could be made so that any one clan can only own one of each kind of OP due to 'rules and regulations' with the RP tagline 'diversity breeds innovation' or something.

Jaeon
15-01-08, 19:26
Reaction has the right idea, and op wars would be better if every one has his same attitude. 95% of the players in this game are incapable of admitting that they aren't the greatest Neocron player/clan/class ever. Until that changes, and people treat op wars as the fun they should be, and not a measuring tool of your e-cock, then unfortunately op wars will never reach their full potentional.

My recommendation:

I wish there should be a cap for ops depending on size, but doubt that would ever be implemented.

Nice suggestions!

Doc Holliday
15-01-08, 19:29

Thank you. i couldnt have put it much better. I still think we are too close to the arse of the snake far too often with all the shit talk and bitching.

Not everyone likes the whole be decent about the dm the opposition/planned fights/civility and rezzes after fights thing but its a damn sight better than some of the crap thats tossed around.

I dont get why people cant play the game and not let it get all out of hand.

One on hand people say you need hatred in the game to settle old scores etc and make the game more cyberpunk etc so its not all carebear but on the other hand hatred fuels the shit talk the lamer ninja hacking and the abuse/accusations of hacks etc not to mention the whole zerg thing.

Nothing is more satisfying than beating your enemy and we all wear our pink glasses secretly when we have won and think oh yeah we pwned them har har. some of us keep em on despite the fact we zerged with 3x the number and choose to ignore this fact. human nature.

What needs to be balanced (stifled laughter) and tempered here is the extremes at which people will go to either A. fight for an op or B. hold an op for any period of time.

So.

Put away the fucking Hater-ade cans and be a bit more civil towards op fights etc (all clans) and maybe it will end up a lot more fun for all involved.

also jest i love that idea. you should put it up for the brainport.

Lifewaster
15-01-08, 19:36

I believe there is a way this type of limit could be coded in simply enough. Make the required number of hackers increase for every OP held beyond X amount.

For example,in a most severe form, to take a first OP requires 4 hackers , taking a second requires 5, a 3rd requires 6, etc (or a less severe form, have the penalty start after you hold 5 existing ops thus need 5 hackers for the 6th and so on)

Obviously ppl will circumvent, with additional hackers, but it will be a significant delaying factor if you are needing 10+ hackers for each op by the time you own half the map.

Tickles
15-01-08, 21:30
(Tickles came on for a few minutes, but he was pissed out of his face :lol: ) .

Lol I don't remember that. I didn't get any work done today :rolleyes:

the point i made u quoted was simply that its one thing to take the ops when few are available for a fight but really its a slap in the face and a hollow apology if you then come on here saying oh sorry we took them and leaving it at that. its fair point tickles stands up sayin this but im guessing he isnt high up in his clan so therefore what happens next. exactly nothing. unless a huge zerg comes and takes them back in which case we stand on a big snake and slide all the way back the beginning of the board.

I can't say I've been OP'ing much recently but the OPs that we take are generally taken back soon after anyway. It doesn't bother me, I prefer attacking to defending anyway.

We have big numbers for a couple of hours each night, but its only in that small time period that we can effectively OP fight and its the reason why most of the people are on. Therefore we go and do it. We pick the clan who has the most on and we attack. We've known SXR to log multiple players quickly before and so we expect it from them when we attack them at the same time the next night.

FUSION seem to have a lot of unclanned mates who come along to attacks so we expect them to come along to defend too.

I don't like the feeling when we've taken 4th layer and only met a resistance of 2 players, but on a lot of occasions that changes when they log some mates on a few minutes later and we get a good fight.

Oh and no I'm not relatively low down in AD it's just I bow down to our golden (very) oldie that is Jake :lol:

He is mature... too mature :angel:

SorkZmok
15-01-08, 21:33

My recommendation:

As soon as the size of a clan would influence the numbers of OPs you can hold, people will simply form bigger clans, may it be by sticking all their chars into the clan, recruiting just about every idiot they can find or just constantly inviting trial characters to the clan.

My idea would be that OPs cost money. And the amount would increase with each owned OP.
10k per OP/day up to 5 OPs.
100k per OP/day from 6 up to 10 OPs.
1 Mil per OP/day from 11 up to 15 OPs.
And so on.

Those numbers seem quite fair to me. Small clans can easily afford to hold a few OPs.
Bigger clans should be abled to afford the money for 5+ OPs. But if you really want to own the map it's gonna hurt your wallet bad. :)

It would also be a nice money sink. :angel:

Cromac
15-01-08, 23:51
As soon as the size of a clan would influence the numbers of OPs you can hold, people will simply form bigger clans, may it be by sticking all their chars into the clan, recruiting just about every idiot they can find or just constantly inviting trial characters to the clan.

My idea would be that OPs cost money. And the amount would increase with each owned OP.
10k per OP/day up to 5 OPs.
100k per OP/day from 6 up to 10 OPs.
1 Mil per OP/day from 11 up to 15 OPs.
And so on.

Those numbers seem quite fair to me. Small clans can easily afford to hold a few OPs.
Bigger clans should be abled to afford the money for 5+ OPs. But if you really want to own the map it's gonna hurt your wallet bad. :)

It would also be a nice money sink. :angel:

so what would be the incentive to take OP's after that, other than the skills bonuses which only really help tradeskillers in the long run? no ones gonna bother holding ops if to keep them you just gotta keep sinking money into them. Very few people play this game enough to have incomes like they did way back.

There's no real answer to solving the OP situation with zergs, heavily outnumbered forces, and ninja'ing. The only real solution would be instancing or a complete overhaul of the OP war system. And im 99% sure about 99% of the population wouldn't want to see instancing at all in this game me included.

William Antrim
16-01-08, 00:44
so what would be the incentive to take OP's after that, other than the skills bonuses which only really help tradeskillers in the long run? no ones gonna bother holding ops if to keep them you just gotta keep sinking money into them. Very few people play this game enough to have incomes like they did way back.

There's no real answer to solving the OP situation with zergs, heavily outnumbered forces, and ninja'ing. The only real solution would be instancing or a complete overhaul of the OP war system. And im 99% sure about 99% of the population wouldn't want to see instancing at all in this game me included.

Comes back to what I said originally about a bit of sportsmanship. Noone wanted that though, they couldnt possibly agree. Its the same now as it has always ever been, its just a different clan name each few months or so.

Agreed with you completely however Cromac old chap. I wouldnt want to pay for the upkeep of my ops but something has to be done and its the best idea I've seen so far.

The problem is you gotta find a way to stop the lameness and thats been nc's problem since day 1. The lamers dont want to admit theyre lame or have a different opinion on it or whatever. I understand each mans right to speak but when people cant blatantly see what is staring them in the face and continue to whine about it anyway it makes me tired of discussion.

I hope this thread sorts it out I truly do, the other 2 threads started didnt seem to do so, nor did any of the other 400 I've read over the years discussing the same thing.

Good luck with that fellas. I think I am going to retire.

Glok
16-01-08, 00:56
Crazy idea #2091

After the 4 layers are hacked, the prior owning clan members get flagged. To fully take the OP 10 kills must be made (even 10 of the same runner), by anyone, within 1 game day (6 hours) giving a money reward to the killer, after which the OP changes hands. Otherwise the previous owning clan regains full ownership of the OP and the flags drop.

If the clan has members online and chooses not to defend properly, they will be targets wherever they are on the map, if they don't have anyone online (or just a few poor suckers who have to log off) the clan regains the OP shortly. Hire those mercs boys. :lol:

No more ninja'ing, no more oooh we're busy.

Faid
16-01-08, 03:38
WE (AD) don't intentionaly wait untill enemy clans have 2 or less on for fights, we fight when we have the people on to fight. We simply cannot wait around for other clans to log more members on because it doesnt happen... unless we take some ops. A few weeks ago, we had some nice fights with sxr at gravis tyron, because when they realisd they were under attack they sent out a call over msn/ventrillo whatever that they neeeded people to log on, so they did, and they were good fights.

Now last night, sxr went on a bit of a hacking spree, as you may have noticed from the world map, AD have no ops left. Am I going to complain about this ? No, although im not happy about having no ops left, I am very happy about the great fights we had. We had 2 people on, myself and the fantastic mr-fury. (Tickles came on for a few minutes, but he was pissed out of his face :lol: ) Anyway the point being we showed up to fight at every one of those ops and we had fun doing it, as I'm sure sxr did. We wanted fights and thats what we got, just wanted to say thanks and I hope you guys will show up when we take them back again :p

Pretty much my point is; if you want op wars, you have to prepared to fight outnumbered and outguned at whatever time your ops are under attack.

lol, to be fair our little hacking spree was in direct response to AD's "little hacking spree" earliar in the day while we had no one on really :p It is not entirely fun to log on everyday only to see that all our ops (which is only ever about 3 at most) have been taken while we didnt have people on to defend. It is tru that we have had some really great OP fights vs AD in the last couple of weeks, but unfortunately our two clans are on in force in two completely different timezones. So its not too often we get to fight with even numbers, which again brings up the the decision of the clan leaders to either zerg or ninja or actually be cool and not take the ops.

I'm not sure what spurred these recent "hacking spree's" but it always degrades into tihs exact situation, and in the 4+ years I've been playing this game nothing ever fixes the problem.

All I can say is try to be cool and wait for even numbers to fight, or if you notice that the other clan isnt going to muster the numbers to defend for whatever reason then do not take the OP. This, of course, is never likely to happen though unfortunately.

l8m0n
16-01-08, 23:05
AD are at it again!

3 online and we get zerged.

*reads up*

sigh

DrRisk
16-01-08, 23:17
few EXL snipers...

W1n...epic fucking win

solling
17-01-08, 01:07
id say just take of ur pink glasses :p and try to be as fair as u can if u want good op fights.