PDA

View Full Version : [OT] San Andreas Multiplayer!

L0KI
14-01-08, 11:33
Hey all,

As far as I know, I'm okay to post this on here...

I am still logging into NC on occassions to drone my PE to WoC - I'm just taking a PvP break until I have done this.
In the mean time, all my PvPing is being done in SA-MP.

Firstly, has anyone else played this? (NOT Multi Theft Auto - which is crap.)

It's amazingly fun! and a free mod!

There are several things to do in game.
- You can buy properties, which pay you a per-minute revenue
- You can create gangs/clans
- You can literally have 30 vs 30 fights over a Gang-Base/Fight Club
- Sit on vent with 3 of your mates, all shooting out of the windows of a hummer... popping the tyres of innocent motorists, and then chasing them down, beeping the horn like a bunch of angry hicks.
- Minigames... which can be activated and started at ANY TIME, by ANYONE. race 1-12, Destruction Derbys, Dildo Spanking (Where 10 + people are armed only with a dildo, and last man standing wins).

Things in particular that have suprised me...

- The PvP. The PvP is suprisingly fun, and very similar to Neocron believe it or not. In that, you're in 3rd person view, and the point is to stay locked as people move in a very very similar way to what they do in NC...
(Because of the similarities, I was good at it very quickly!)

- The stats system, that can be brought up to show all players in the chat system... Which shows Kills, Deaths, Hours online, No. of minigames won, etc etc.

- How addictive it is. Well, it's GTA San Andreas - but online. You get my drift.

- Teleportation system - to teleport to gang mates (Once every 6 mins)

- Spawn Weapons. Nothing worse than having to go back to ammunation every time you die. So... you buy spawn weapons and armour. :)

Sure, it's not Neocron, and there's no PvE, but believe me, you'll be shocked.

It's the perfect game for the times where NC has stressed you, and you want a bit of politics-free large scale war and fun :)

www.sa-mp.com for the mod
www.sa-mp.nl for the best server :)

Again, apologies if this breaks any rules!

William Antrim
14-01-08, 13:32
Oh this sounds like just the thing I need right now. I have the original GTA 3 but have not picked it up in years. I can reinstall it though!

P.s GTA 4 comes out soon, I saw a trailer on the intarweb the other day, apparently you get to play a Russian gentleman this time around.

Awesome stuff, good find.

Breakaway
14-01-08, 13:33
that sounds fucking top quality! *downloads*

danmalone
14-01-08, 13:42
im guessing all i need it san andreas and the mod to be able to play it? Need to check the specs of the game 1st... my pc hasnt been upgraded in quite sum time :p

L0KI
14-01-08, 14:14
Yeah, you need the full game to play it!
My friend used my install tho - didnt need specific serials! :)

I Play it with 3 RL mates - and we all wear the [eG] tag...

I play as [eG]Psycho.

Be sure to PM me your name if you start playing, so i can show you the ropes, and not gank you. :lol:

Edit -
More features!

Banking System
Remembers your cash! To start with, you will need to visit the banks to bank your money, but after you have 10 hours play time, you can "/bank" anywhere with a pro account.

/hitman command.
You can set bounties on other players by typing "/hitman playername cashamount" The person that gets the last shot in gets the cash

Wanted stars
You get an additional wanted star per player you kill per session (Session meaning, before you die...) So, kill 9 in a row, get 9 wanted stars, and an auto bounty of 90k.

If any of you start playing it now and again, and need any tips, gimme a shout on here - im still active ;)

William Antrim
14-01-08, 14:26
I will install it tonight. I played gta3 right through the first two cities but could never get past the plane missions. I was a naff pilot.

p.s you need to clear your pm's mate I couldnt pm you back. But anyway, ill figure out the install later and yes will be well up for some of this. Hoes down G's up and all that!

I will get my stocking cap on soon! :p

L0KI
14-01-08, 14:31
p.s you need to clear your pm's mate I couldnt pm you back.

Done. sorry!

Ill PM you my eG vent server details mate ;)

ashley watts
14-01-08, 15:20
I've heard a alot of GTA online mods but i never really gave it any attention, even though GTA is by far the best free roaming game out there imo

Whats the pop like, gotta wait for a certain time of the day to play it ?

Or are there constant players on servers ?

May purchase this if pop is nice :angel:

L0KI
14-01-08, 15:24
Well, the server capacity is 125 - but ive never seen less than 25 on (Whom are ALL actively PvPing, ALL the time!)

It sits at around 90-120 players from 3pm GMT to 3am GMT :D

The server is called LVP (Las Venturas Playground). That's the top right (NE) city - as in Vegas!
However, you do have access to the other cities (Where you can fight and buy properties!). You cannot spawn there though.

The Vegas Strip is always chaotic. Plenty of cars trapping about regularly (All players). Plenty of weapons fire at any time.
The server always feels busy, as the chat is active, and the fact that you can see every player on the map, which makes it all the more frantic! :)
It's very fast paced, and I wouldnt recommending idling, unless you are on the pirate ship on the Vegas strip, which is to an extent, a safe spot (You can still die and kill, its just not permitted).

To be truthful Ash, Ive often seen the GTA mods and thought, naaah - that'll be no good. Then i decided to test them.

The more popular one, Multi Theft Auto is less stable, has less features, less customisation options.

SA-MP is the way forward, and as I have mentioned, has plenty of features. It's about as close to MMORPGTA as it gets :)

Ash - I PMd u.

EDIT - Currently 47 online

Lula Lovelips
14-01-08, 15:40
I played all the gta games with pleasure, and people kept telling me they weren't games for a girl, well they are! :D I guess i just like violence a bit.

L0KI
14-01-08, 15:41
There are a few girls playin SA-MP. At least 6 i have spoken to. One of them is an active admin on the server!

EDIT - 70 online now, and rising :)

l8m0n
14-01-08, 17:41
I played something like this for vice city, the concept was good but they couldnt seem to add pedestrians and it was SO laggy it was pointless.

L0KI
14-01-08, 17:42
I played something like this for vice city, the concept was good but they couldnt seem to add pedestrians and it was SO laggy it was pointless.

Yeah, that was MTA more than likely. SA-MP is a completely different code, done solely for San Andreas.

As mentioned in my previous thread... Don't make the mistake of following the masses and playing Multi Theft Auto.

SA-MP is where it's at! ;)

$ir Mafia
14-01-08, 18:40
Yay, i´m playing on the SA-MP-NL Server once in a while and thers nothing i can
say, except: IT ROCKS ^^

Judge
14-01-08, 18:48
Just to point out, the Multi Theft Auto team have just released their development preview to their new MTA:SA mod. Its entirely new, nothing to do with MTA:VC from what I understand. I think that once MTA:SA is properly out and people start using their scripting language that it'll get these kind of psudo-MMO servers.

silent000
14-01-08, 19:10
Looks like i'm going to have to buy San Andreas then, this sounds like my sort of game at the moment aswell because of the lack of time I have at the moment

Hell-demon
14-01-08, 21:20
Get the Hot Coffee Mod too so you can pwn noobs in the ass :rolleyes:

L0KI
14-01-08, 21:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ljlDv_510

This is just a few one on one duels in the FC (Fight club)...

How much does that look like the cron duels? :wtf:

Not a good video of the game... I just think the duels look so much like the duels we are used to!

nobby
15-01-08, 19:57
I'll be on there as soon as I find my Disc ! wooo looks cool