PDA

View Full Version : [ot]terminator: sarah conner chronicles

Foxtrot
13-01-08, 22:56
What are your initial thoughts of the show? It comes on in 4 hours.

I'm not too hyped up about it like LOST, but I do think its cool that Summer Glau (Firefly/Serenity) is in it. Queen Gorgio(300) is in it too. So thats 2 cool female leads. The show should be good.

Voodoo_Magic
14-01-08, 00:12
Sweet

It was good, VERY good imo -

But, i didnt think the show made it, obviously i was wrong...

I saw the pilot about 6 months ago...

Not sure if they changed it, ill watch it again tonight, Pilot was leaked btw -

Jodo
14-01-08, 00:37
I'd be surprised if it was much more successful than the Robocop TV series, and that was a big bag of shit.
It won't be possible for them to keep the stories in line with the movies as they'll want to do so much with it, and for this, I've pretty much written it off already.

nobby
14-01-08, 03:42
uhh...when and where in the UK is it on ?

I cba to download it illegally :p (I'm a good boy)

Odin
14-01-08, 04:25
I'd be surprised if it was much more successful than the Robocop TV series, and that was a big bag of shit.
It won't be possible for them to keep the stories in line with the movies as they'll want to do so much with it, and for this, I've pretty much written it off already.

Seemed to do just fine in the first episode. Gotta remember a typical budget for a 1 hour show these days is about 2.5 million so they can do a lot more.

I'll watch it for Summer Glau anyways. Nice to see River again :lol:

Foxtrot
14-01-08, 05:24
Ya she sure has matured hahas

Voodoo_Magic
14-01-08, 06:01
Anyone know if it differed from he leaked pilot?

CMaster
14-01-08, 12:29
Anyone know if it differed from he leaked pilot?

Reports were (back when they delayed the pilot) that they were taking all the guns-in-school scenes out in response to the Virginia Tech shootings (yeah, dumb isn't it). Having seen neither though, I can't confirm or deny this.

Vila
14-01-08, 13:15
was totally poor atleast the first episode.

Riddle
14-01-08, 14:48
was totally poor atleast the first episode.

Not good, considering i loved the first ground breaking Terminator film.

Selket
15-01-08, 11:19
OMG these Bastards made one of the greatest movie in a new Dawsons Creek with robots, and a teenage Robot protector SHIT :mad: :mad: :mad:

i am Really angryEven i could write a better story.....a MUCHBETTER ONE

L0KI
15-01-08, 17:48
DAMN YOU for reminding me of Firefly.

I really, really, really, REALLY loved that program.

I might PK whichever fool thought up taking it off the air.

As for Sarah Connor Chronicles... I have them on my home PC ready to watch, so i'll post my opinions later! :)

Jodo
16-01-08, 00:06
Ok, so I've watched the first 2 episodes now and I'm fairly disappointed. Other than the fact that it feels like the original films are being butchered, Sarah Connor's character is just wrong.
There were a few things she did that the Sarah from the films just wouldn't have done. I can't be arsed listing them, but they were there.

[Spoiler]

The bank scene at the end of the first episode was a fucking joke too. That was exactly the type of thing I was talking about in my earlier post. The gun was one thing but the fucking time machine?!
The people responsible for this show should be shot. It's like the Spice Girls trying to replace The 3 Tenors.

Foxtrot
17-01-08, 10:31
TBH the terminators looked lame, and they are not the same roughs and toughs look as Arnold. The terminators came off as a spoof of the movie.

I don't think even River alone will have me watchings this show. I do likes the parts where she gets naked, but waiting for a hottie scene of her for an hour isn't worth it when I have the nets.