PDA

View Full Version : Fusion rifle AOE

JC_Denton2
12-01-08, 06:17
I vote for the fusion rifle class of guns having a AOE effect, rifle users have no AOE weapons at all as far as I know, what does everyone think about this?

Glok
12-01-08, 06:56
I used to complain about rifle users not having AoE too.. but.. really, the rocket pistols should be removed. *runs*

Skusty
12-01-08, 14:18
Make a grenadelauncher an addable mod for the Assualtrifles so you can load grenades in the rifle and AoE? :D

Jodo
12-01-08, 14:33
Make a grenadelauncher an addable mod for the Assualtrifles so you can load grenades in the rifle and AoE? :D

You mean underneath the main barrel of the rifle? Yeah that could be cool but I think it should either have a very small clip size due to it being a secondary weapon. Or perhaps it would require multiple mods to place it onto the rifle, so you'd need at least a 3 or 4 slot rifle with 3 or 4 mods to attach it.

William Antrim
12-01-08, 15:46
You mean underneath the main barrel of the rifle? Yeah that could be cool but I think it should either have a very small clip size due to it being a secondary weapon. Or perhaps it would require multiple mods to place it onto the rifle, so you'd need at least a 3 or 4 slot rifle with 3 or 4 mods to attach it.

In realistic terms it would be 2 mods. One is the launcher and one is the 'nade. I put this in Brainport about two weeks ago.

JC_Denton2
12-01-08, 17:50
I used to complain about rifle users not having AoE too.. but.. really, the rocket pistols should be removed. *runs*

I love the rocket pistols too, I wouldn't want those removed but I'm glad some others think a rifle should have AOE, especially the fusion rifle though, since it happens to be an amazing PvE weapon as it is.

Jodo
12-01-08, 20:07
In realistic terms it would be 2 mods. One is the launcher and one is the 'nade. I put this in Brainport about two weeks ago.

Hmmm, sorry I missed it. I've let the Brainport get away from me a little.

I suggested a higher number of slots because I don't think you should be able to do too much else with the rifle and also, it should only be able to be fitted to the very best weapons and perhaps help make them a little rare.

Rage
13-01-08, 00:28

8| Not removed :D I say add a rare version!

Umm umm... that might be a WoC type thing. Not that they've coded in Secondary Fire Mods yet anyway. If not WoC then a really hard mission or quest. IF the gun is actually anygood... but a low clip size one, mild rate of fire and aim and range... i guess a simplery mission. When you throw in AoE plus a burst rate shot [say 3 buttels every 1.2 seconds] and a damage type nade flying out.. whew.. that spells balance issues.

Glok
13-01-08, 00:32
I think the grenade launcher that's ingame already should be RC personally, I have since NC1. HC would still have rocket launchers, rgc, fusion, hand grenades..

Rage
13-01-08, 00:54
I think the grenade launcher that's ingame already should be RC personally, I have since NC1. HC would still have rocket launchers, rgc, fusion, hand grenades..

Yeah. The Grenade Launcher does actually look more R-C then H-C. Do to its rifle like size.

And who said it has to be a Low-Tech thing? Get a Plasma version of a Grenade Luncher that puks mid-sized plasma balls that go splat causing an area effect damage. The design of the weapon its self would be nice and "Spy" ready as they arent suppose to carry "heavy" things anyway.

And a plasma grenade launcher would use battery plasma cells instead of be hunks of metal with gunpower overly loaded into them lol