PDA

View Full Version : Stealth PvE

BaDDaSS
11-01-08, 03:28
Is Stealth tool supposed to work abouts mobs?

Not being sarcastic or anything. Its just that if it is, it seems very ineffective, and if it isn't supposed to work, then its doing a fine job :)

hivemind
11-01-08, 04:04
Mine seems to work everywhere but in Regant's Legacy. Those things attack me every time running to the end room.

BaDDaSS
11-01-08, 05:02
Lol to be honest, this is the only place I've extensively tested it. Never works.

That bastard by the door upon entering the boss room, is the only thing making it hard to solo that room as a droner.

aKe`cj
11-01-08, 05:04
also, stealth can only prevent mobs from initially recognizing you .. once they've taken notice of your presence you can stealth all you like, they can sense you :)

Apocalypsox
11-01-08, 05:15
It doesn't really work in reagents because of all the AoE they added to the mobs to make it harder to pull millions upon millions of XP out of thin air.

William Antrim
11-01-08, 11:08
It doesn't work in regants because it never has done. If a mob targets a player all you can do is die/zone to remove the aggro or they will still hit you in stealth. Aoe affects all stealthers afaik.

Selket
11-01-08, 11:36
the regant mob aggro is Unique in NC.

Once you got spotted the mobs will try to kill you even if others shoot at it the mobs still attack the first one. They are social too means when u attack one and 2 others are in the near u got aggro.

I guess its a bit buggy that mobs even "aggro you" while u are in stealth, they should not but they do it. plus they make Area dmg. Its not a nice place for stealth. Keep your tool Off and your gun loaded.

Riddle
11-01-08, 14:36
The general rule was if you stealth prior to being sighted by a mob then you can move safely however once seen if you then stealth you will still be hit.

This is borked at the moment imo and is not unique to regants.
Go to El-Farid and stealth down there , even unseen before stealth they still hit you. Not tested the swamp caves though.

Skusty
11-01-08, 14:44
You can use Stealth against mobs, even if they have aggro on you, go behind a wall so the mob dosen't see you, enter stealth, then walk up to the mob in stealth, it won't attack you.

Riddle
11-01-08, 14:48
You can use Stealth against mobs, even if they have aggro on you, go behind a wall so the mob dosen't see you, enter stealth, then walk up to the mob in stealth, it won't attack you.

Sorry Skusty i tested this the other night in El-Farid don't work!
And regants neither.

Reaction77
11-01-08, 15:02
Go to El-Farid and stealth down there , even unseen before stealth they still hit you.

I can stealth in El-farid without being hit fine, the only time I get attacked is when I accidently walk into/push one of the mobs.

Riddle
11-01-08, 15:36
I can stealth in El-farid without being hit fine, the only time I get attacked is when I accidently walk into/push one of the mobs.

Then i am bugged , i tested this several times.

Stealthed zoned down to level 2 and hid round corner

re-stealthed went through first door and received a stack hit and not from something i ran into!

So i tried it again and same shit.

I will try this tonight to be sure , Stealth II tool.

Jaeon
11-01-08, 16:01
perhaps Regant mobs are supposed to detect you even if stealthed...

don't know if its a feature or a bug, either way, i've gotten used to it.

As all other bugs / features of this game.

IceStorm
11-01-08, 16:02
Stealth is working fine. I drove past several DoY and Hoverbot mobs on the drive from DRT to H_14 today. None of the aggro'ed on me. I also stealthed past the MC5 guards and those defense cyborg thingies. Same thing, no aggro. I was using both an Obliterator and a Stealth III, depending on the situation.

I've also used Stealth extensively in El Farid. There are times when they'll hit you just because the scorpions are doing stuff and hit you, not because they see you. The last time I was stealthing in El Farid was a couple weeks ago.

If you are seen by a mob while out of Stealth, it's game over. You have to kill the mob, zone, or log out. Hiding behind a wall and re-Stealthing has never worked for me (that I'm aware of).

Seraphin[69]
11-01-08, 16:43
Like people said :

If you stealth AFTER a mob sensed you, it will shot you in stealth.

Exemple : you want to run inside a cave without beeing spoted, then you have to stealth BEFORE entering the cave.

BaDDaSS
11-01-08, 18:58
For all the people saying it works fine, or "stealth before they sense you" this is bullshit.

I can stealth before I even enter Regents, walk down stairs without getting near/touching any mobs, and they will still hit me.

Therefore I figured Stealth was bugged. But it appears more that either Regents is bugged, or the Regents mobs are supposed to be able to attacked invisible runners.

hivemind
12-01-08, 01:21
I can stealth before I even enter Regents, walk down stairs without getting near/touching any mobs, and they will still hit me.
I agree with this entirely. I'm quite sure I know how to use stealth; I've been away a long time, but stealth was out before I left, and I used it quite a bit then on Bus Driver. Hell, one of the few things in my belt on transfer were stealth 1 and 2 tools...

I think it's broken in Grave as well, I seem to remember stopping there on my re-activate-all-genreps world tour last month. I stealthed in, got mobbed by snakes at the entrance, poisoned, zoned out, and died. :(

Shenanigans1o
12-01-08, 01:59
It also could be server lag. I seen this happen alot of times, u think you stealth but right when u did it lagged so on your screen it looks like u stealth but u didn't or there was a delay.

Just welcome to world of buges :)

hnlecter
12-01-08, 02:04
I agree with this topic, myself and a few others in my clan seem to be completely visibile to mobs at certain times even when cloaked before zoning. I'm farely sure something is bugged with the stealth.

BaDDaSS
12-01-08, 02:08
Well in that case I better submit a bug report =]

Hmm, how do I do that again? bugs@kk.kk or ingame "?" tool?

Shenanigans1o
12-01-08, 02:12
Good luck on that one that bug been there from the start >.< I could point out like 100s more but why waste my time, it's better for us just to play with them or around.

hivemind
12-01-08, 05:12
It also could be server lag. I seen this happen alot of times, u think you stealth but right when u did it lagged so on your screen it looks like u stealth but u didn't or there was a delay.

Seriously, I know it says you're from Cali, but is English your second language?

Or third?

nobby
12-01-08, 17:34
Stealth is a NO GO for Regents, always has been, bug?

I've spent a LOT of time in El Farid, I've managed to run all the way through to the queen room with Success. However it seems, whenever I try now, I either get Poisoned to death or all the fuckers in the Room ALL attack me.

So Nobby doesn't like his stealth anymore :(

Rage
13-01-08, 18:55
I had problems with my steath tool also, it failed @ Grave with the snakes. tbh i think the steath tool is broke/bug'd or something. =\

Seriously, I know it says you're from Cali, but is English your second language?

Or third?

And I could read it just fine. Less you cant figure out that u means 'you'. The rest is writen as more of a recap, in more of a 1st person ideal view, thus the past-tense. Maybe a common between lagged and so and fix the type-o with buges, being bugs but hell.. IMO, those two are fairly minor.

Skusty
13-01-08, 19:33
The Stealth Tool seems to work against Mech mobs, such as WBs.

nabbl
14-01-08, 11:08
it works against all mobs except the regant mobs...

and this is INTENDED. you shouldnt be able to get to the last boss room too easily.

so its actually a feature.

IceStorm
14-01-08, 16:08
it works against all mobs except the regant mobs...

and this is INTENDED. you shouldnt be able to get to the last boss room too easily.

so its actually a feature.I've stealthed past the mobs on the first level of Regant's, pre-faction patch but during 2.2. I guess I'll have to drive out there and try it again. Maybe the faction patch changed something.

nabbl
14-01-08, 16:20
I've stealthed past the mobs on the first level of Regant's, pre-faction patch but during 2.2. I guess I'll have to drive out there and try it again. Maybe the faction patch changed something.

no it was like that since the dungeon came out. there was a thread in german forums some time ago and an official confirmed that issue.