PDA

View Full Version : help please - all of a sudden cant get in game

Okran
08-01-08, 22:49
I was playing about half and hour ago and all of a sudden it went into synchronising. Now when I go to log back in it comes up with the usual xx% on Terra (currently 16%) and i get my character choice screen, but when i choose any of the characters it goers to a black screen and does nothing. I have waited for 10 mins at least and nothing happens. I cant even get to task manager, i have to shut down my pc...

If there is 16% pops on terra how com I cant get on all of a sudden?

Mighty Max
08-01-08, 22:53
Try setting the localport to something different.

Beeing behind an institution FW on campus or alike might have caused the previous port beein shut down by the admin. Or a router just having hickups. However it looks like you are getting the TCP data (Login to charselect) but not the UDP, so a port/fw issue is likely.

Okran
08-01-08, 22:58
Cheers do you know what the localport range is so i can try a different one?

Mighty Max
08-01-08, 23:03
Anything from 16384 upto somewhere into 50000 where the next reserved region lies.

Just take the current setting and add or sub a thousand.

Okran
08-01-08, 23:10
Cheers just tried that and unfort i still get the black screen of doom. Oh and i can now get to task manager thankfully.

Mighty Max
08-01-08, 23:16
Well, then try the usual things.
Restart PC, delete defs/Terra folder and models.tmp etc

Okran
08-01-08, 23:17
Whats strange is that i was in game for about a good half hour when that synchronising screen appeared and I had to press esc and it hasn't worked since then...

Okran
08-01-08, 23:19
Aye already done the restart and the delete terra folder, no joy... :(

Mighty Max
08-01-08, 23:23
I'd contact helpdesk or tech@ at this point now. They can check if there is a problem on the character and supply some help in both cases