PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Idea

JC_Denton2
08-01-08, 20:31
What do the devs think of getting rid of unfurnished apartments and letting us move around the stuff in the furnished apartments, sans the GR?

William Antrim
08-01-08, 20:58
Takes away a big cash sink and a large wedge of "content" within the game. Not going to happen anytime soon I am afraid.

Pestilence
08-01-08, 21:12
What do the devs think of getting rid of unfurnished apartments and letting us move around the stuff in the furnished apartments, sans the GR?

Simple, it's not possible. These two appartement styles are in a way two different appartements. The cabinets etc. are hardcoded in the furnished appartements and taken out with their leveleditor in the unfurnished ones.

But what's the problem? If you want your furniture to be in a different place, just buy an unfurnished one. Yes it's much more expensive, but I like the way it is, so you can chose what suits you better.

JC_Denton2
09-01-08, 00:18
Simple, it's not possible. These two appartement styles are in a way two different appartements. The cabinets etc. are hardcoded in the furnished appartements and taken out with their leveleditor in the unfurnished ones.

But what's the problem? If you want your furniture to be in a different place, just buy an unfurnished one. Yes it's much more expensive, but I like the way it is, so you can chose what suits you better.

It's not really a problem, it just doesn't make sense that an empty apartment costs more than a full one and the fact that a cabinet costs 105,000nc.

Sorin
09-01-08, 01:29
It's not really a problem, it just doesn't make sense that an empty apartment costs more than a full one

Agreed. But it's probably one of those things that developers of games just say "you have to pay for the priviledge of this" sort of thing. I strongly disagree with this philosophy, but that's just the way it is.

If you were to buy an unfurnished apartment at the same price as a standard furnished one, then equipping it out to be identical to the furnished one is already going to set you back a huge amount of money. Hell, the gogo alone is 300k. It's like the extra money over the price of a furnished one is some sort of priviledge fee. Or just plain, flat out, illogical money sink. Because it's damn sure not a cheaper way of living.

Jaeon
09-01-08, 04:39
Then ur spoiled.

The new generation of MMO's comes with a pay real dollars for everything, including ammo, clothes, HP pots...

zii
09-01-08, 17:52
We don't want to pay more $$. (/me runs off to check ebay for stuff)