PDA

View Full Version : Implanting (Poking)

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 04:04
Is there also a guide somewhere on this? I've loads of intelligence skill pts unused (125) so i've been advised to skill implant so i can poke people get tips etc. Other than an implant tool what else do i need to poke people and how does it work?

Glok
08-01-08, 04:20
You buy a 'remote implant tool' and use it like a weapon. When someone kneels in front of you you 'fire' at them. That's it! Just go to plaza 1 and say poking! repeatedly and people will kneel and push you all over the place. You might get tips too, so don't close those trade windows. :p

Riddle
08-01-08, 14:02
The Highest Implants in game are the MC5 and they require 115 points in Implant in order to "Poke" that into someone. No more points than that are needed.

However there are short cuts to conserve points for use in other skills such as weapon lore if your a combat char.

For example the drug http://www.techhaven.org/images/items/1614.gif Nighspider Gives +15.11 Implant Skill

Or the implant Glove http://www.techhaven.org/images/items/1388.gif gives +13.92 Implant Skill

So you could spec less points if you utilise the above.
There's also buffs, implants etc. but you get the idea.

You need a TL30 Remote Tool and as pointed out, point and click at someone requesting a poke.

no Gel they need that in their inventory for higher level implants.

William Antrim
08-01-08, 14:55
Does blue fairy still give implant bonus? I believe it does.

Basically you want to spec something like 87 base poke I think (then get a glove and a nightspider) and you can poke mc5 chips. If you can do those you can do anything.

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 15:19
Well I have 115 pts so would it be worth putting like 85 pts in implant right now? I could earn quite alot for tipping high implants. So for high level pokes do i need to obtain implant gel too?

Glok
08-01-08, 15:27
You only need gel to put in your own implants, your customers need their own. 115 points will get you 80 implant since skills take more simple points as the skill goes up. The nice thing is you can put your own implants in too, sometimes that will save you a LOT of downtime.

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 15:29
Would it be worth putting all those 80 pts in now then? I have like 78 weapon lore already which is pretty good for me as a rifler

Tickles
08-01-08, 15:30
If you are poking yourself you need gel in your inventory.

If you are poking other people, they need gel in their inventory.

Poking other people requires the tl 30 remote implant tool.

Poking yourself requires a tl 150 personal implant tool to reach the tl 115 mc5s, or use a tl 90 personal implant tool (much much cheaper) to poke yourself if you don't have/use mc5 chips.

Glok
08-01-08, 15:32
If you want to. People will definitely appreciate it even if you can't do the highest imps, they don't always pop anyways. Riflers can always use more weaponlore tho.

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 15:38
i think i will put my 80 pts in you must get good tips for being able to poke high lvl implants too. Do i need implant gel to poke any type of implant into myself?

Riddle
08-01-08, 16:00
i think i will put my 80 pts in you must get good tips for being able to poke high lvl implants too. Do i need implant gel to poke any type of implant into myself?

Mr Antrim - BF does give like +9 Imp skill true but i was just pointing out there are alternatives in reaching the 115 points needed. Rather than plugging in all Base points.

Yes you need gel in your inventory for poking yourself :)

as a poker you can also swop your own glove from the PSI one for spells etc. to the Implant glove when your poking.

William Antrim
08-01-08, 16:02
If I am not mistaken any implant above tl20 needs gel to be implanted (self implanting and remote implanting).

Riddle
08-01-08, 16:04
If I am not mistaken any implant above tl20 needs gel to be implanted (self implanting and remote implanting).

Kinda same premise as CST and res gel not used on items below a certain TL

CMaster
08-01-08, 16:25
Is there also a guide somewhere on this?

Yes, yes there is: http://www.techhaven.org/resources/tradeskill-guides/implanting-guide.html

Although to qualify - the bonuses from spells/implants/drugs have changed slightly - check the item database (http://www.techhaven.org/db/) to see what the new values are, and Plaza 1 is the place to poke these days rather than techhaven.
I see in another thread you mention being a rifle spy - you should think about spending more points in weapon lore - it will help you (see here (http://www.techhaven.org/resources/weapon-guides/2.2-weapon-skill-influence-guide.html)for more about how)

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 16:36
Well I think i will go ahead and skill these pts into Implant because I won't need to again so after this I will concentrate again on weapon lore.

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 16:46
hmm you need 60 INT for the implant glove too high for me but i can probably use nightspider drug. Can i get it from medicare?

Glok
08-01-08, 16:51
Just level a little more for 3 more levels of int then you can have 85 implant. That's good for everything but MC5s and the SRI, a droner implant, and droners don't die. :)

Both the implant drugs are only available from the Black Dragon fsm, and they cost 4k each or so depending on who gets them for you. It's not worth using them unless you actually are poking an MC5 (cause MC5 tips are usually quite good)

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 17:01
Surely I will get some good tips with my 80-85 implant?

Glok
08-01-08, 17:30
Most likely yep. :)

Riddle
08-01-08, 18:01
On my Poker i only ever pop a drug to boost to the MC5 level of 115 when requested. As i can poke all othe rimps fine.

Good Luck!

And hope the rifle's are working out for you :)

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 18:24
hehe I haven't used them yet! ;) still leveling my DEX at MB for now.

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 23:41
earned about 200k in first 30 mins of poking. skilled to 85 in the end. would be niec to do tl 115 imps. Where can i check if i meet the requirements?