PDA

View Full Version : Psi Guide?

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 03:24
Hi
Well I have just bought a Psi Amp at MB off the smuggler and I have 7 Psi Power from missions, with 25 skill pts, so I want to begin using it especially as i also have lots of intelligence skill pts which i can put on the psi power subskill. Could someone provide me with a link on the forums where it explains how I use the psi amp etc what do i buy? I am a rifle spy so probably PPU is best.

Thanks

Glok
08-01-08, 04:17
Yeah ppu is best, though on a spy you might want to go with nanites for protection, however annoying they are.

You'll need a miniscule amount of focussing and the rest in ppu for damage% on the 2 (count em!) shield modules you can use as a spy and the 2 booster modules. I don't know your con setup but as you're still levelling you surely can't use a TL40 nanite injector atm, so a Jones heal is nice too. Or even a TL3 heal. Just check the psi sellers in PP3 for modules you might use.

edit: Oh the glove. It's an implant so get it poked. Then put a psi module in your quickbelt, select it like a weapon, and press fire. :)

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 15:16
Well I don't know the requirements for that TL40 but i am dex 44. Also i do have a biotech personal injector in my gogu and is the nanite regeneration units what you're talking about? I don't think i can use them yet.

Glok
08-01-08, 15:22
Yeah the personal injector with health nanites. For the TL40 one you need 40 con and 75 skill in health. The TL16 one is ok though once you can use it and still at low/mid level places. edit: You use them like a weapon, put in quickbelt, load with nanites, and fire. Just make sure you're not targeting anything when you fire, since you are injecting yourself (they don't work on anyone else anyways)

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 15:28
hmm not sure i can use the tl40 one in that case tl16. But they're an alternative to ppu heals aren't they?

Glok
08-01-08, 15:29
Yes, and a good alternative. The TL40 one beats all but a holy heal I believe.

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 15:32
are the nanites better than survival kits? i like the kits but they annoy me cos they take a long time to restore your health. do the nanites restore it more quickly or even better immediately? :confused:

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 15:34
im also interested in healing others that seems pretty cool are there low level psi modules i can use? I also saw that a spy cant level psi very highly :( lower than a PE

Glok
08-01-08, 15:36
You can use the medkits and the tools together, and they both are the slow tick tick health thing but not so bad.

Don't bother healing others unless you're a passive monk, foreign heals work less effectively and really only a high level ppu can heal another player with any effectiveness.

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 15:41
Ok so what do i need to skill to start off with to use psi modules. PPU and psi power (subskill) ? Also when i use my first ppu modules and heal myself will others around me get healed anyways?

Glok
08-01-08, 16:02
passive psi use and focussing are the required skills under psi. You might not need any psi power under psi or psi use under int (for mana) for the basic heal, I'm not sure. The normal heal modules are single person heals, so only you will be healed, unless you actually cast it on someone else, and then only they will be healed.

jonnyboy21
08-01-08, 16:37
Ok i suppose it's just a case of checking on the use restrictions on the module i want to get.