PDA

View Full Version : Time is almost up! Whos staying?!

MrTrip
04-01-08, 02:20
How many of you freebies are reactivating and sticking around?

braydagner
04-01-08, 02:40
maybe...

Tickles
04-01-08, 02:42
lol i reactivated a couple days before the free time. oh well, more money for KK hopefully means more loving for NC.

I will definitely be sticking around for a good while.

Glok
04-01-08, 02:43
I be staying. Someone's gotta teach this Paypal noob the basics though.. do I put money in Paypal then pay, or just let Paypal needle my bank account?

Tickles
04-01-08, 02:45
Paypal hooked up to your credit/debit card should do it.

Glok
04-01-08, 02:55
I hooked it to my bank account when I set it up a couple months ago, and I don't get credit (as in no one in their right mind would give me a credit card)

Mr Kot
04-01-08, 03:26
Well, i'm hooked.

I never really left, but I certainly play more now. Having more time over xmas helped too. You haven't seen the last of me yet ;)

onero S
04-01-08, 03:32
I'm back as well. Already payed up.

Nightwing
04-01-08, 04:29
I am torn, but I will probably wait to see if they have ANY intention of fixing monks.

Glok
04-01-08, 04:33
Monks.. pff. Well, just increase psi RoF across the board by 15%. Fixed. :p

Nightwing
04-01-08, 04:40
I do not think that will be a solution. I have noticed something. If I rapidfire my modules, as in refire as soon as I can, then about 1/3 of the hits never get registered by the server. I have to delay between firing to get them all to actually register.

Next, a pure specced APU has the lowest resists, and nowhere near the highest damage, it is merely moderate to even low moderate - definitely broken/ This is supposed to be a fragile cannon that nukes things but can get taken out easily. As it is, they kinda damage them and get taken out easily... Try it if you do not believe me.

I am not going to talk about Hybrids, there is a whole thread for that.

PPU's are fine.

Apocalypsox
04-01-08, 05:47
Trip you better stay :p Glok as well. I haven't played with Tickles yet, but im glad hes stickin around as ive enjoyed the little bit of talk ive had with him. Hell, ive enjoyed having everyone back in NC again tbh.

Nytewolf2k7
04-01-08, 06:34
Well I don't get paid till next week, so that will be when I reactivate. I plan on staying, at least till I WoC both my spy and my tank...

Clive tombstone
04-01-08, 06:54
Sorry checkin out TR that me buddy got me for chrismas, be back ina few months!

Apocalypsox
04-01-08, 08:04

Damn you and your Tabula Rasa Clive. You know thats nothing compared to NC!

Lightpipe
04-01-08, 14:27
Oh yes I'm staying! I'm going to reactivate my 2 accounts as it's like old times again in Neocron :) It's been nice to see some old faces return and hopefully it will stay that way!

Tratos
04-01-08, 15:54
I'll be honest, i logged in on patch day and havnt since but this is down to working in retail grr! all my time over christmas was absorbed by my corporate overlords. However, i did reactivate my account for 3 months before patch day so i still have time to get in and play - i just need to find the time :(

Jaeon
04-01-08, 16:20
Im staying.

Still wondering why i left in the first place, since i liked the game so much...

Ah i remember - bugs and synchs.

But i can deal with those now i guess.

zii
04-01-08, 17:39
I'm staying in NC.

landofcake
04-01-08, 19:07
I'll be staying.

When does the free time run out ?

Clive tombstone
04-01-08, 19:14
Damn you and your Tabula Rasa Clive. You know thats nothing compared to NC!

True, but I am having fun with mechs now^^ And hit detection and player possitioning is definately MUCH more consistant^^.

VegaH
04-01-08, 19:24
I do not think that will be a solution. I have noticed something. If I rapidfire my modules, as in refire as soon as I can, then about 1/3 of the hits never get registered by the server. I have to delay between firing to get them all to actually register.

Ive been talking with GMs about this bug...they told me they were working on it....it's now 10 months that there working on it.....kind of a hard bug i guess (being sarcastic here) :mad:

danmalone
04-01-08, 19:27
we talking about holding down the fire button with an apu module?

Jaeon
04-01-08, 19:34
True, but I am having fun with mechs now^^ And hit detection and player possitioning is definately MUCH more consistant^^.

KK will fix this eventually.

Skusty
04-01-08, 19:48
Prolly be staying. :D

Jest
04-01-08, 20:04
I'm staying. I've also resolved never to play a fantasy MMO again. Sick of the end-game bs that they bring.

Clive tombstone
04-01-08, 20:07

heres 4.5 years of hoping^^

Bozz-Von Mel
04-01-08, 20:48
Would love to. I really like the changes that have been made. However, my vacation is over and I have to go back to work.

DigestiveBiscui
04-01-08, 21:36

they have a new MMO to make - and its been how many years?

hi btw

i wont be staying after the free time :p theres no point putting money in something thats gone so far backwards since the last time i played

goat
04-01-08, 23:04
Definitely staying :D

Zheo
04-01-08, 23:11
Question is, who is going and when can I have their stuff? lol

William Antrim
05-01-08, 00:28
Soon and never.

Clive tombstone
05-01-08, 02:33
Soon and never.

second

Okran
05-01-08, 02:49
I will be staying for teh forseeable future.

Richard Slade
05-01-08, 03:43
Like the plague I am I will continue to infest the forums...
As for actually paying...
We'll have to see about that.

First of all - I just can't deal with the engine...
The zoning.. the textures...

Second - Me's getting a cello for me birthday, yet another instrument to master (Piano, guitar and violin is behind me) so I'm not really in the mood for a so-so

Then again... I just can't keep my filthy paws away...

aenema
05-01-08, 03:58
I'm stayin.

I hope the game will get better though and that this stupid mistake that was NC2 can be forgotten.

Actually i came back because of the NC1 faction change.

This game owns :p

Apocalypsox
05-01-08, 04:04
First of all - I just can't deal with the engine...
The zoning.. the textures...

:wtf:
I have never seen someone thats been around for as long as you Slade, complain about how the game looks :lol:

As for me, ill still be here. Ive had atleast one active subscription for damn near 5 years straight now, i have no intention of stopping until this game is dead and 2 years gone.

Nightwing
05-01-08, 04:38
we talking about holding down the fire button with an apu module?

That is the biggest No no, that causes every other hit to not be registered.

Glok
05-01-08, 04:44
That is the biggest No no, that causes every other hit to not be registered.Yeah, and it makes barrels almost never do damage. taptaptap is the way to go.

Nightwing
05-01-08, 04:54
Yeah, and it makes barrels almost never do damage. taptaptap is the way to go.

you just got to be careful not to tap too fast or some will still not register.

Jodo
05-01-08, 09:28
I'll be staying as will my GF, so that's 3 accounts in total.
Damn KK and their free crack.

Muppet Rat
05-01-08, 09:40
I'll be staying as will my GF, so that's 3 accounts in total.
Damn KK and their free crack.

Screw you hippy!!! The "GF" has a name, you know o_O

You WILL respect my authoritaaaaah!!!

...and yes, I am staying, it was my bloody idea to cancel SWG :p

Tratos
05-01-08, 15:01
Screw you hippy!!! The "GF" has a name, you know o_O

You WILL respect my authoritaaaaah!!!

...and yes, I am staying, it was my bloody idea to cancel SWG :p
But dont you just feel so clean now? :p

My experience of SWG was queue up eleventybillion moves, alt tab and read the Neocron forums and then tab back in when i hear the mobs die. Possibly one of the more boring months of my life.

BaDDaSS
05-01-08, 15:37
I'm staying. I've quit and come back too many times. May as well just stick around and get woc on at least 1 character :/

Jaeon
05-01-08, 15:45
I'm staying. I've quit and come back too many times. May as well just stick around and get woc on at least 1 character :/

Getting WoC now is easy.

silent000
05-01-08, 16:01
I said I would be back for the patch but it don't look like it, I just dont have the time, I would love to play again but I never even find myself at home anymore :(

But i'll keep my account active just so i can give KK support and be able to log in and shout abuse at people :cool:

xavulos
06-01-08, 02:21
I'm staying fosh0 ^^ :angel:

Glok
06-01-08, 04:31
Just reactivated with Paypal, that was too easy... I'm going to be counting the hoops... O_o

Garg [RogueNET]
06-01-08, 14:55
How many of you freebies are reactivating and sticking around?

I'm staying, you filthy bastard Trip!

nobby
06-01-08, 18:57
Nobby will be staying :)

*Oh Noes... Nobby's staying !*

*Hides...*

Garfield
06-01-08, 19:18
each game need his pussy so am used to stay :D

Lucius Drake
07-01-08, 22:02
Subbed for 6 months, cant see me leaving again :)

Heavyporker
08-01-08, 05:25
Ain't.

Sodding bastards.

Dead Bodies
08-01-08, 18:11
i was here before and i will be here after.. well expically after i won a few months from ten ton hammer...

Brammers
08-01-08, 18:26
Well I've not played much between last July and December 2007. I missed a lot of the early December free time due to illness and Christmas, so I've only really played properly in the last 2 weeks.

However the short time I've been playing, it's been good fun. Not everyone from Phoenix has returned but the few who have returned are planning to re-new their subscription after the free time ends.

The PvE changes are good, (Although the Grim Percy needs to be hit with a big nerf bat) and there have been a few little fights in Techhaven, and I think that having everyone together in Plaza 1 again is great. So long as KK keep the updates, bugfixes and patches coming, I'm going to say this in big letters.

I'm Staying! :cool:

Eternal Pink
09-01-08, 01:21
Not staying

But...

If they fix the clipping, weapons, vhc combat and pve please send out another mass e-mail and i'll come back and look again

Man so much much potential here...

Genty
09-01-08, 02:19
Nah, I don't really have time to play anymore so the trial was just for the memories. I was looking through my PM's on the forum and I have some from 2002 with MJS. Those were the days when the dreams were vivid and the hope was high. I'm sure I will bump into some of you again, should get my time back after June and although I don't think I will be back here (although I will look) I will not stray too far from MMORPG's. Neocron just ain't home anymore. Although I don't have it anymore, it's sometimes important to KKeep The Faith". Good luck to everyone. Have fun.

LeFae
09-01-08, 04:40
Will be busy with school, and all of this but I figure it's a great game that does not need tons of commitment per play session so I will be staying. And at 10 usd the price is right :D

I'm loving drones, but here's to hoping that they balance them out so that not every person and their grandmother, and their grandmother's dog plays a rigger. Because imo drones should be played because you enjoy it, not just to exploit so balancing (or lack thereof) issue. :s

BaDDaSS
09-01-08, 07:12
imo drones should be played because you enjoy it, not just to exploit so balancing (or lack thereof) issue. :s
Lol something I've been saying for years. <3 Droning

i was here before and i will be here after.. well expically after i won a few months from ten ton hammer...
I won that too, but apparently they can only give out the prizes to the US participants! :/

Glok
09-01-08, 07:15
Just reactivated with Paypal, that was too easy... I'm going to be counting the hoops... O_oNo hoops. I'm appalled! :lol:

BaDDaSS
09-01-08, 07:37
No hoops. I'm appalled! :lol:

Go to bed... don't you have a life?

Glok
09-01-08, 07:44
Go to bed... don't you have a life?I just got up and no. :(

Nytewolf2k7
09-01-08, 08:42
Well I don't get paid till next week, so that will be when I reactivate. I plan on staying, at least till I WoC both my spy and my tank...

Well I've just reactivated my account, I'm just waiting for paypal to withdraw the funds from my back account and transfer it to Reakktor :D

Riddle
09-01-08, 11:08
Dammit.....reactivates 2nd account :D

rob444
09-01-08, 11:42
Wouldn't it be great if Reakktor could email everyone that there is free play time? I totally missed this :wtf:.

Deno
09-01-08, 14:18
Dont be organising any party's yet SXR, im not quitting :P

anyways, I think its great that the pops are consistantly at 15-20%. The OP wars have been great recently, and its also good seeing tonnes of new players! I think that if people still play Runsescape 25 years after it was released, then NC can certainly do the same. I hope that everyone reactivates, cause NC rocks at the moment! :D

Burgeri
09-01-08, 14:36
Would stay but the account management won't let me reactivate it. I'll try again when when the free time is over.

Riddle
09-01-08, 14:57
Would stay but the account management won't let me reactivate it. I'll try again when when the free time is over.

Email support?

BaDDaSS
09-01-08, 16:11
So the free time ends today at 18:00 ?

Tickles
09-01-08, 22:51
I thought it would but all my accounts are still active. Hmm I wonder if the account will cancel in middle of an op fight :lol:

Anyone know when the Free time is actually over?

CMaster
10-01-08, 00:25
KK have a grand tradition of actually dealing with account terminations on friday afternoon. So probably then.

NONpk
10-01-08, 02:26
Just reactivated today. IM BACK FOLKS :D :angel:

optiplex
10-01-08, 03:48
i prefer monks myself, i wish i could play my APU more. I dont like how their so fragile. no PPU thats fine, but to be able to die so easily buffed. i mean a whole CS clip will take me out. thats kinda stupid.

minsc
10-01-08, 04:15
I thought it would but all my accounts are still active. Hmm I wonder if the account will cancel in middle of an op fight :lol:

Anyone know when the Free time is actually over?

Well the launcher says: Subsequent to the major update all in-active Neocron 2 game accounts will be re-activated at no charge on 12th of December, 2007 at 06:00 PM CET for the duration of four weeks.

So I have always guessed the 12th of January.

Richard Slade
10-01-08, 06:04
:wtf:
I have never seen someone thats been around for as long as you Slade, complain about how the game looks :lol:

But... That's what I do!
Why would you question my purpose in life?!

Jodo
10-01-08, 10:51
Well the launcher says: Subsequent to the major update all in-active Neocron 2 game accounts will be re-activated at no charge on 12th of December, 2007 at 06:00 PM CET for the duration of four weeks.

Four weeks from the 12th of Dec is the 9th of Jan, that's why people are wondering why accounts were still active.

Rage
10-01-08, 11:41

I've played it... its "dry". A nice Online Single Player though. Still has alot growning to do. Graphics are nice, content is hella low, lots shooting though and semi-random mob placements.. a few at times, alot at other times. Unfinished maps past the starter map... last i check end game content was still being added. I give it a 50/50 if anyone wishes to try it. Not for hardcore gamers as you'll blow threw it in two weeks.

And I should be staying for at least a month... not 2 sure atm.

Wouldn't it be great if Reakktor could email everyone that there is free play time? I totally missed this :wtf:.

aw =( well dont feel to bad. Some people actually JUST log'd on today or yesterday.

Talk about a teast lol. I hate not everyone got to try NC 2.2 #168 patch. Its pretty fun. A few Monk issues and the new Combat Vehicle systems sucks.. least the combat ones. Yay for tanks, sucks for everyone else, not that I can see many tanks pumping much in the VHC but might be interesting for higher number of people and OP wars. A mix of combat vhc's for all classes/weapon types would be nicer.

Normal fatal crashes, blame it on the old engine. NC1 like faction location and symp + new rules so everyone can wonder around the city which is cool. TH has mild def against enemies, nothing a near cap person a steath cant get passed(i think steath is broke a bit). Nice weapon balance. DoY could use some more love. Sorry to those that didnt get to see everything or at least a sample of everything.

Mantiz
10-01-08, 16:26
I've had so much fun playing the last few weeks that I just had to reactivate, been 2 years :)

Hopefully it won't be completely dead now that the free time is over.

:cool:

CritiNator
10-01-08, 17:06
I heard the freetime thingie from techhaven network. KK really should start using emails.

Bozz-Von Mel
10-01-08, 18:06
Looks like free time is over. I really enjoyed the changes to the game. I will definitely be coming back in a few months.

LeFae
10-01-08, 18:13
Welp, I've resubbed but apparantly my account was a "trial" account which got reactivated. So rather than sign up for the three monhts like I wanted, I had to pay the licensing fee + a month. Hopefully this will turn into a 3 month like I wanted once I get paid from work xD

flib
10-01-08, 18:22

December 11 + 30 free days = 41, 10 days after December, so January 10.

megavoid
10-01-08, 19:02
Our core crew and a few guys that reactivated and joined us decided to stay... so G.R.I.M. is still kicking after free time. :p
I just hope the current level of diversity in opfights will not go down too much with some people leaving again.

Danny

BaDDaSS
10-01-08, 19:02
Just re-subbed for 6months, population is at 7% so far... come on peeps =]

Skusty
10-01-08, 19:40
Reactivated for one more month, going to see how it turns out. :D

Black Mamba
10-01-08, 20:00
i was gonna stay, then i realised all of my chars are useless at the moment. eg apu, melee pe and non woc pe, all pretty useless for pvp etc

BaDDaSS
10-01-08, 20:26
i was gonna stay, then i realised all of my chars are useless at the moment. eg apu, melee pe and non woc pe, all pretty useless for pvp etc

So get your PE to woc =] That's reason enough to stay surely.

minsc
10-01-08, 20:39
December 11 + 30 free days = 41, 10 days after December, so January 10.

I was only two days off, :lol: so the free time is over now?

Black Mamba
10-01-08, 20:42
So get your PE to woc =] That's reason enough to stay surely.

sorry didnt realise balanced meant i had to get woc to be pvp viable

LeFae
10-01-08, 20:54
Well the way it looks to me, in order many times if you want compete against a weapon that many people collect. (a quest item in this case) It comes down to either getting one yourself or adapting a strategy in order to compete, or getting one yourself. Imo the former is harder but more fun and it would give you something to do :lol:

darkservent
10-01-08, 20:55
Unfortunatly, Buildify, darkservant, dont mess, dilly, magic mess and co....will not be coming back. Life has taken over and have no time for games these days. This may change if Don't Mess decides to pay for it this time. Had fun, will cya in the next free time.

Regards
DS

Izeo
11-01-08, 05:17
Aw, thought I had one more day.

Had lots of fun. NC2 is the buggiest, most prone-to-crashing game installed on my computer right now - actually, I haven't had more crashes on any other game, ever. But it's still, somehow, the most fun MMO I've ever played.

I've played quite a bit now.. PlanetSide was nice but gets boring quick, FOMK I didn't enjoy, Endless Ages was neat but had an unfinished/rushed feeling and was shut down I think, GunZ isn't really an MMO and the combat is based on exploits, Entropia is not really a game... Then I played some of the **MMO** MMOs out of boredom or curiosity.. AO, DnL, Conquer, Ryzom, but after playing those type of level-based grind games, it only takes a while before I find myself looking blankly at the screen, watching my guy automatically trade hits with a desert lizard, and saying "What am I DOING" and uninstalling it. Yeah Neocron has grind and the fights are still level-based, but it's definitely got fun PvE and PvP, compared to clicking on a target, hitting autoattack and clicking hotbar spells, and the atmosphere in Neocron is way better than any other MMO I've played.

Still, I can't bring myself to pay for NC2.

I don't like WOC really, since it's just a grind-based "uber" thing that seems to be a must for PvP. Making different PAs and more rares would've been fine, just adding more variety instead of making something you HAVE to get.

The new models are OK, but they need a lot of work. The hair models should be a part of the head model, so you guys can blend the hair textures into the face realistically, since right now the hair just looks "taped on" and a little goofy. Also seeing a floating hairstyle w/ goatee everywhere.. >_< The hairstyles in general need so much work - what's up with the buzz cut for the tank with the bald spot on top? And the highway trooper mustaches? o_O Head-tubing with half haircut shaved off? They just look silly.. Look to the old model textures for some neat model ideas. For example some of the FA shopkeep NPCs have like a little metal cyborg eyepiece on one of their eyes.. and I dunno some casual short dark brown or black hair. What about that, instead of those over-the-head bronze curvy metal goggles that some PEs have? The new faces are not so great. I found myself using the first/default face for all my NC2 characters, since most of the other ones looked awkward to me. Anyhow, I think monks should have their trenchcoats once again, and the new tanks, PEs, and spies all need to have a little more body mass. NO ONE is as skinny as those new spies. No one that's healthy, anyways. Plus, it doesn't quite make sense, when an NC2 spy puts on the spy powerarmor, his torso width almost doubles!

The new specialty ammo and stuff (is it just for WOC? i.e. 9mm S.W.A.T. paralyzer rounds, or something) looks a little cheap (double stats of normal ammo?) and it's confusing since those ammo/mods are listed first in the shop windows, but we can't use them in normal guns.

Lots of the balancing stuff is confusing.. I don't like that melee dmg needs weapon lore, monks having a reticle etc, I would rather they just nerf/raise the actual damages until finding the perfect balance, not make one thing (i.e. APU damage) depend on 5 subskills and run checks to see whether he has points in PPU or whatnot.. :)

I also don't like DoY existing now -- it doesn't make sense. Had mixed feelings about the initial faction change that divided everyone into two sides. I didn't like it because I was FA and didn't want to be allied with facs I was enemies with before, BUT, it made PvP a lot simpler, which was nice. But then, I guess pro-city bombs DOY or something.. and then we welcome them all back into the city? Wha? So CityAdmin COPBOTs don't care about a TG or BD walking right in front of him? And then they don't care that anti-cities are blasting people away in Plaza 2 all day... However 10 feet away in Plaza 1, it's too suppressed to even pull a gun out? Huh? Bah, I dunno. It brought a lot of people back, which is great, but it just doesn't make sense to me. And if anti-city are allowed to roam free in the city without being shot at, pro-city should be allowed to roam the Outzone without getting two-shotted by anti-city guards, at least.. it's not like they don't have HQs with guards in them, why do they get the Outzone-1, zoneline of all places?

I dunno, buying your apartment sofas, customizing your apartment.. it's too "Second Lifey" and not "Neocron..ish" to me.

Nanites, mehh. Who likes the idea? Tanks having the low TL heal worked fine didn't it? The nanite code seems to be a mess, too. Can't use psi heal on a nanite heal.. OK, that just seems like a "quick fix" and doesn't make too much sense. Then what's up with stacking nanites? Doesn't seem to make it heal too much faster, also if you time the stack wrong, you'll end up with "Nanite Activity: 100" and the "Regeneration" just goes away.. but.. there's still nanites doin stuff in my veins.. so why'd the healing just go away? I don't even understand why two different meters are required for nanites anyhow?

TH needs their mini-mall area back, instead of those "Resistance officer" guys at the dead-end doors.

Blah.. I've probably offended everyone here with my opinions already. I have more ideas (gripes) but meh. I did have a lot of fun, really. But the truth is, this isn't NC1 anymore and I guess it never will be again. Peace out girl scouts. tbh kk kos.

NC1 Pluto: Carn
NC2 fr00b: Wee Crab, Indeedocles, Stranguh