PDA

View Full Version : Plans for new Neocron sectors?

JC_Denton2
30-12-07, 21:12
Just had some thoughts about some cosmetic things. And before you guys jump down my throat about how there are more important things to focus time on - these are just thoughts.

Just wondering if there are going to be anymore Plaza's, Via Rosso's, Pepper Park's, etc. added ever?

I was exploring some of the Neofrag decks, and I found one that looks like an apartment complex located around and park and a stream - would be cool to see some city zones that look like this.

Also how come there are no streets for cars in Neocron? Parking lots/garages? Wouldn't really want players driving around Neocron but it would be cool to see some static cars driving or hovering on some streets. I know there's the hover-cabs flying around but they all look the same. I realize there is no room for actual streets in the current Neocron zones but that means if they ever made new ones it would be cool to include something like this.

I was also thinking about the lack of unique stores that could sell things for apartments and add to the immersion, i.e. consumer electronic stores, lighting stores, bars, hotels etc. Also there aren't any visable kitchens or bathrooms in Neocron, like I said only for aesthetics and immersion.

hivemind
30-12-07, 21:40
Really, I'd just like to see the OZ and City Main Sewers turned into viable leveling spots for mid- to high-level characters. By "viable" I mean:

++ Easy access to Citycom, Gene Replicators and GoGuardians - no more than a zone or two away.

++ Hunting zones with big soullight hits for ganking.

++ Large numbers of *, **, and *** mobs in one place.

++ Some damned loot - level 3 imps, rareparts, Weaponpart 8, 9, 10, decent, usable armors, etc. Even expensive junk is fine.

++ Mobs that don't have to be hacked. Some are fine, but make it accessible to runners or teams without a spy in tow.

I'm not saying I want to see Warbots wandering the streets of the Industrial Zone (although that would be freakin' HAWT), but some mutants cooler than Launchers would be nice. I mean, it can't be that hard to bang out some new monsters and stick them into existing zones like City Mainsewer and lesser-used Outzone areas - especially the underground areas in the Outzone.

Those areas have been there for YEARS, and while, way back at the start of retail people used to actually group up and hunt there, they're never used now. They are a substantial chunk of real estate that's used for nothing now. :(

And they're so godsdamned cool!

Apocalypsox
30-12-07, 21:44
I agree with the mobs that dont have to be hacked thing. Its a pain to choose between firemobbing and lomming some hack.

I still want some Glider accessible only zones, like Islands out in the ocean. If we are ever going to get to Neo Tokyo, we need to start moving east. Hell, even implement boats for gods sake. That would be cool. Kraken, here i come!

Glok
30-12-07, 21:45
Yeah I recently got lost in the Mainsewer zones.. and I didn't even care! It was cool enough that I happily wandered and killed stuff until I ended up in OZ6. More and higher level mobs down there and an occasional Gogu would be sweet.

Sovellis
30-12-07, 22:04
Good ideas to be honest. Its about time the actually inside of neocron got livened up with some difficult opponents

Skusty
30-12-07, 22:14
Maybe some Sewer epics for newbs? Kinda like the Regant mission, but it gives a good levling gun instead.

CMaster
31-12-07, 00:44
Always felt that mainsewers is a thoroughly wasted opportunity.
Attached - a shockingly bad map of them.

trigger hurt
31-12-07, 00:55
There's no point in adding more zones when the ones we have rarely get used.

How many times have you run through industrial sectors or outzone sectors and never see a soul?

How about all those sectors that aren't inhabited by warbots or firemobs or an outpost?

Glok
31-12-07, 00:56
Aggressor General 65/65 **
Mutant Commando (rifle mutant) 50/50 *
Grim Rat (enormous diseased rat - spawns 35/35 diseased rats) 80/80 ***

I can dream. :p

CMaster
31-12-07, 00:59
There actually is something resembling the second item on your list.
Check out the pepper park maze- there are 3 50/50 boss mobs in there, all mutants. If you are of the right rank, there is a mission to gank em.

Glok
31-12-07, 01:21
The Maze, the place I keep wanting to check out and then forget. I'm not going to forget this time!

Where do you get the mission? Inside?

Also, that map.. worst map ever. :p

JC_Denton2
31-12-07, 01:29
I for one would love to see the Outzone Subway Station turned into a bazaar-style area with stalls and a collection of smugglers.

Tratos
31-12-07, 01:42
I for one would love to see the Outzone Subway Station turned into a bazaar-style area with stalls and a collection of smugglers.
Revive Outzone 1 Mall

The old OZ mall was a great place, really atmospheric with all the low-light store fronts and the caged in venders! I really like the fact that Red Pepper has a small second office/bar there and that Electric Vibes' secret entrance opens there now - just a shame there isn't more life in the place!

The rest of the OutZone and the main sewer are my favorite zones in the game as they're just COOL i wish they were used more, along with the other gaia mine sectors - why does everything have to go in the main Gaia mine?!?

These sectors would be great settings for *cough* Scenario Missions/Areas *cough* (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2110716&postcount=19)

CMaster
31-12-07, 02:12
Where do you get the mission? Inside?

Also, that map.. worst map ever. :p

From the guy that runs it. You have to be in a pretty narrow rank gap though.
And yeah, its an awful map. It was scrawled in paint on my laptop while I explored on the desktop. It does however, tell me everything I needed to know.

@ Trat - well, until they added all that stuff, nobody ever went there [save me and a few others]. Of course now it is rammed. Oh, and for the love of god, please don't use jafc.de links. Either forum.neocron.com, or better the rather funky [ thread ] tags, that work regardless.

Tratos
31-12-07, 02:22
Oh, and for the love of god, please don't use jafc.de links.
*updates bookmarks*

That's true for them being empty before the content was put in except the malfunc STORM-bot, just seems the scope of additional content hasnt gone any wider when there are so many locations that could be used.

zii
31-12-07, 12:58
By "viable" I mean:

++ Easy access to Citycom, Gene Replicators and GoGuardians - no more than a zone or two away.

++ Hunting zones with big soullight hits for ganking.

++ Large numbers of *, **, and *** mobs in one place.

++ Some damned loot - level 3 imps, rareparts, Weaponpart 8, 9, 10, decent, usable armors, etc. Even expensive junk is fine.

++ Mobs that don't have to be hacked. Some are fine, but make it accessible to runners or teams without a spy in tow.

Gogos and Citycoms? Its not meant to be easy!

I would to see some higher level mobs down there deep underground inside one of the hard to get to Main Sewers. A mixture of high level mobs that spawn randomly and do fire or xray as the main damage type so one would have to wear a mixture of armour or carry what it required, because there would be no GOGOs down there to save your butt. RCL is a requirement.

hivemind
31-12-07, 19:47
Zii, you understand that one of the reasons this game (while I love it) is a miserable failure is that it's just too unintuitive and difficult to play sometimes, right?

Games are not meant to be work, they're meant to be games, which means fun, which (for normal, non-masochistic people) means not work. If stuff is too hard, people won't do it. Why do you think people level in only a few places? Because those are the "easy" places to level.

So make more places where it's easy and fun to level.

If people have to navigate four zones to get to a spot, they're not going to go there more than once or twice.

Nidhogg
31-12-07, 20:30
Zii, you understand that one of the reasons this game (while I love it) is a miserable failure
Good job I love you too or I might have got upset with that statement. Neocron is most certainly not a "miserable failure" or we wouldn't still be here looking forward to a sixth year in business.

N

zii
31-12-07, 20:50
Good job I love you too or I might have got upset with that statement. Neocron is most certainly not a "miserable failure" or we wouldn't still be here looking forward to a sixth year in business.

N
Never been a failure. Its been a very enjoyable ride over these years.

Actually, Hive, I am happy without any gogos down there. It ought to be a challenge to get to a good leveling spot. There are plenty of other places one can get to 100/100 Harbringers in one GR hop to Point Red (or is it Crest Village) with Gogo support.

William Antrim
31-12-07, 21:28
Never been a failure. Its been a very enjoyable ride over these years.

Actually, Hive, I am happy without any gogos down there. It ought to be a challenge to get to a good leveling spot. There are plenty of other places one can get to 100/100 Harbringers in one GR hop to Point Red (or is it Crest Village) with Gogo support.

Yeah coz all the noobs go level there dont they.

The new players need something nice to ease them into the game too ya know.

zii
31-12-07, 21:51
No, they can go and attack those Cyclops outside NC in Jeriko OP. I used to go there and to the Cyclops in the dungeons in OZ2 & OZ4, but sadly these were , removed some time ago.

I agree that there should have been higher level mobs inside the city as there was once upon a time.

Eldak
31-12-07, 22:15

N
I'm not sure if I would say this is Neocrons sixth year of business. With at little as KK has done in the past 2 years, and is doing, Neocron is already a failure.

hivemind
31-12-07, 22:36
Neocron is most certainly not a "miserable failure"
You're right, that's my innate pessimism talking there. But it could be so much more, at least population-wise, than it is. And one reason it's not is the learning curve sucks. Another is that at high levels, getting anywhere to do stuff takes too long and is too inconvenient. Look at Regant's Legacy. Great place for leveling, but the loot blows, it's a PITA to get to, there's no GR remotely close, no gogo... FFS someone blew up my damned car there the other day, now I have to use a trial account to get a quad (or two) to avoid that problem again. And when you do drive there, if you die you're screwed. The only reason people go there is because it's awesome XP. What would it hurt to put the same type of area in the city mainsewers, and fix the other deficiencies?

Coming back to NC after about four years away gives one new perspectives on things. Having played a lot of other games in the meantime, some good, some bad, one starts to realize that there is definitely good to be gleaned from other games. Things like being able to take multiple missions, being able to find varied and appropriate leveling spots at any level, instanced PvE content (I'm iffy on that one I guess, but still), and convenient leveling to name a few.

I mean, some stuff is better now - the Mr. Jones quests are great, for example. Easy to do, quick, give an overview of several different mechanics, level -appropriate, and give mostly nice rewards. The Mr. Jones quests are a far, far better intro to the game than MC5 is. But there's still stuff that sucks from a convenience and enjoyment point-of-view. Why can't you de-spawn a vehicle from the garage? Why are there only a handful of Genereps not at OPs still? Come on, four years after you added GR security to Outposts there's still only Point Red, Calida, El Farid, Battledome and Desert Racetrack? IMO, anything that appears on a map with a name should have a GR.

Can you tell I'm a little frustrated? :confused:

Sorin
01-01-08, 00:17
Why are there only a handful of Genereps not at OPs still? Come on, four years after you added GR security to Outposts there's still only Point Red, Calida, El Farid, Battledome and Desert Racetrack? IMO, anything that appears on a map with a name should have a GR.

Imagine my surprise returning to the game, running all the way out to Escador Oasis, where I spent many, many months leveling various characters in the past.....only to find no more GR at Escador Oasis. Worst. Change. Ever. Well second worst change, worst was tying GRs to op security.

Why was escador removed? Some bs about NC having "easy" access to DoY? Well now that DoY is gone, you can put it back now. Kthx.

Jubaku
01-01-08, 00:38
I think to make it an "easier" levelling curve, there would need to be some NPC in game that new runners can go talk to, who will tell them an area to head to go level up. Just saying "The outzone" doesn't work, considering the dragon whatever guards in OZ1, and IND A 1 last I checked.

I also think taking a page from WOW's book, and giving each quest a name, or even letting a runner take more than one at a time, would do well.

Just this last weekend, we were trying the regant PA quest, and at ever point we had to read through our mission log to see what part of the quest we were on, and if we were on the same part. Think how much nicer it would be:

REGANT PA QUEST (2/3)
KILL: LAUNCHER CYCLOPS (4/5)

mmm.

hivemind
01-01-08, 19:49
Imagine my surprise returning to the game, running all the way out to Escador Oasis, where I spent many, many months leveling various characters in the past.....only to find no more GR at Escador Oasis. Worst. Change. Ever. Well second worst change, worst was tying GRs to op security.

Why was escador removed? Some bs about NC having "easy" access to DoY? Well now that DoY is gone, you can put it back now. Kthx.
Yep, I spent a fruitless hour there searching for it again as well. :(

Breakaway
01-01-08, 22:34
ooo i tell you what i miss. back in neocron one where parties of at least 5 people would go up to the soulcluster caves. that used to be top quality. many of these places are not used now wich is a shame as ive had loads of fun exploring different caves ect... with leveling teams. would be nice bringing some 'instance' style places into neocron. where parties of like 5-10 or whatever can go in ( without the risk of being pk'ed) and go through it killing bosses ect... i know its kinda wow style but tbh it works there so im sure it would work here.