PDA

View Full Version : Dome Of York streets too empty

Raver
30-12-07, 12:08
Hi all,
It will be a nice idea imo to put some mid-low level mobs spreaded around the Dome city streets, just to make it more "realistic" as that's an abandoned place, and give the chance for the new cahracters to go there to hunt (so not only in the designed hunting places) or anyway for anyone that's walking there to find it a bit more suggestive.

Thx in advance to anyone that wanna comment it :)

Selket
30-12-07, 13:49
the DOY should be a great lvling spot.

I suggest make the old Faction HQs into OPs so it will be Allways populated

Hoder
30-12-07, 17:48
There were rumours not so long ago of mutants taking over some of the streets.

If they had a xmas break I'm sure they'll be back now. Take a look and see :)

William Antrim
30-12-07, 19:52

Said this in another thread (brainport i think)..... but will repeat it here for sake of getting it heard.

DOY SHOULD BE MADE TO BE AN AREA TO GET YOUR SOULLIGHT BACK UP.

Put some of those anarchy breed dudes in (though level 50-70 not the insane ones) to make it a little bit hazardous and you would find people will pvp there more also.

zii
30-12-07, 20:36
OPs would have been brillient, but KK wrote in another thread that this had been looked into but they could not do it.

More critters in the street would be good. Some AB strondhold would be interesting or some other SL chaps wondering around as the thread starter wrote. AB are neutral to BD but BD are drug runners and deserve bad SL :D (yes, I play in BD and like a challenging life.)

Raver
30-12-07, 23:02

Thx for the update ;)

aenema
31-12-07, 05:04
I think DOY should be a new high level area which would require full prepared groups to enter, but with great rewards ;)

Jubaku
31-12-07, 05:17
I think DOY should be a new high level area which would require full prepared groups to enter, but with great rewards ;)
What, so droners can solo it and dominate the market, like the rest of the end-game non-pvp content?

William Antrim
31-12-07, 12:05

Try the Woc quest.

Jaeon
31-12-07, 12:38
What, so droners can solo it and dominate the market, like the rest of the end-game non-pvp content?

Droners, while irritating at times, are necessary. If not for them, the items most people want would be huge in cost.

If you think droners are that broken, make one yourself and go farm :)

Jubaku
31-12-07, 14:26
Droners, while irritating at times, are necessary. If not for them, the items most people want would be huge in cost.

If you think droners are that broken, make one yourself and go farm :)

I would argue that if not for them, we wouldn't have such rediculous inflation. When I left in 02/03 or whatever, a 0-slot anything was 100-200k, max.

d5g (my clan) tried to buy a 0 slotter from Dribble Joy the other day, he was looking for 500k-1500k for one. Granted that he's currently in desperate need of cash for his WoC addiction, but still. What the hell?

It's not as though there's legions of chinese kids farming neocreds to sell for real money, either. All this inflation comes straight from the 100+ people who've been playing for the last few years.

For the record, I did make a droner, and it's so easy that I don't see a point in farming with any other class for anything, ever.

Back to the topic though, is there even a point to a regular (H-C) tank, or monk even doing the WoC weapon quests? I've never heard of a WoC grenade launcher or crahn, though they would be sexy.

Jaeon
31-12-07, 14:40
well its bound to get better now, with all the changes.

And as for the WoC addicts, ill gladly join the list lol

Voodoo_Magic
31-12-07, 16:26
I would argue that if not for them, we wouldn't have such rediculous inflation. When I left in 02/03 or whatever, a 0-slot anything was 100-200k, max.

d5g (my clan) tried to buy a 0 slotter from Dribble Joy the other day, he was looking for 500k-1500k for one. Granted that he's currently in desperate need of cash for his WoC addiction, but still. What the hell?

It's not as though there's legions of chinese kids farming neocreds to sell for real money, either. All this inflation comes straight from the 100+ people who've been playing for the last few years.

For the record, I did make a droner, and it's so easy that I don't see a point in farming with any other class for anything, ever.

Back to the topic though, is there even a point to a regular (H-C) tank, or monk even doing the WoC weapon quests? I've never heard of a WoC grenade launcher or crahn, though they would be sexy.

Inflation came from the various money exploits that have plagued since 2.1 release...

Was hyped up, clan doy sold a MC5 SA for 45m...

Then it was fixed and things settled, went down ALOT.. could pick MC5's up for 5-10m due to droners.

Then 2.2 brought many more money loving tricks.... And the boost started.

THANK THE GODS OF KK!!!! They have been fixed :) -

The people with loads of money aint even the ones who exploited tho, there just the ones who sold stuff to them -

(dont edit, :( , its all true nid)

Doc Holliday
31-12-07, 17:02
prices have always been over inflated since the nc2 merger. prices used to be like they are now on saturn. on uranus the economy was a tad more balanced but some people just over pay. fact of life. everyone knows it so everyone aims for max profit out of people.

As for the deal with doy being populated with mobs. i killed a hurler in abandoned sector 9 and copped an symp hit. i lost about 7 points or somethin from TG symp. My char at the time was fa. i think it needs looking at.

danmalone
31-12-07, 17:52
Said this in another thread (brainport i think)..... but will repeat it here for sake of getting it heard.

DOY SHOULD BE MADE TO BE AN AREA TO GET YOUR SOULLIGHT BACK UP.

Put some of those anarchy breed dudes in (though level 50-70 not the insane ones) to make it a little bit hazardous and you would find people will pvp there more also.

/agreed :D