PDA

View Full Version : UK NC Easter Meet Leeds 2008 (Details here)

StevenJ
18-12-07, 16:47
So, seems like we're agreed.

21st March, Leeds! :D

I'm going. Anyone else confirming?

... one beer reserved for Hoder if he posts the pic :angel: ...

danmalone
18-12-07, 19:33
Aye im defo going, last time was teh sex, do i get to share a room with mystic and chris again? ;)

Breakaway
18-12-07, 21:03
me and logan will be going again. last time was pure sex tbh. just a shame we had to go at like 12pm due to work sunday morning :( . but to be fair we where out 7pm-2am friday with bram n DJ n then from 12am-12pm sat drinking constantly hehe :lol: .

Hoder
18-12-07, 23:24
Ok, as we're pretty much confirmed for Leeds (and i'm sure i can talk our friendly neighbourhood copbots into going again too :D ) which hotel are we plumping for? The two travelodges that have £29 rooms still available are Leeds Central ( Blayds Court, Blayds Yard, Off Swinegate, Leeds LS1 4AD) and Leeds Vicar Lane (97 Vicar Lane, Leeds LS1 6PJ)

Which is more convenient for town / bars / staggering distance ?

StevenJ
18-12-07, 23:28
Which is more convenient for town / bars / staggering distance ?

Looking at CMaster's packed map, Vicar Lane looks good

CMaster
19-12-07, 00:15
I'd probably go for the more southern one, but you aren't really going to notice the difference. And swinegate, while near The Calls may be getting a touch close to the train station for comfort. Either will work, either will be easy to reach from any city-centre spots we end up in.

Matanius
19-12-07, 01:41
do i get to share a room with mystic and chris again? ;) Only if I can share with you too ;)

I can say for definite yet (need to check with the missus and money etc :p) but I cannot see a reason why not :D

danmalone
20-12-07, 01:20
yeh, me matan and mystic. Steven can get chris and i get the two bearded beauties :angel:

Ishmael/Mystic
20-12-07, 01:49
yeh, me matan and mystic. Steven can get chris and i get the two bearded beauties :angel:

u need something to hold onto in the night ;p

L0KI
20-12-07, 12:48
I'll be there for this one!

21st March is good for me! :)

Breakaway
20-12-07, 21:31
so, anyone got any links to hotels in the area? as think we will book quite early to avoid dissapoitment.

danmalone
21-12-07, 19:43
so, anyone got any links to hotels in the area? as think we will book quite early to avoid dissapoitment.

ideally i would like to get this done within the next week or so to save me messing about nearer the day (and its cheaper :p ) mr steven fancy making a decision? i think it would be better if as many of us could all get in same hotel as it could have saved a fair bit of bother when we were in Notts. Prob looking for the same room as last time in terms of size :D

Matanius
22-12-07, 19:48
Well looks like I'll definitely be going, missus wants to come along as well :p Will look into hotels etc tomorrow most likely. So is 21st set now?

silent000
22-12-07, 21:11
Aye looks like ill be there again... :cool:

Ishmael/Mystic
22-12-07, 23:53
o if matan is with his misses that leaves me and dan alone.... unless its me dan matan and mrs matan... tasty

Hoder
24-12-07, 19:38
Okies, the copbot crew is all booked in... Let the alcohol flow :)

i think it would be better if as many of us could all get in same hotel as it could have saved a fair bit of bother when we were in Notts. Prob looking for the same room as last time in terms of size :D

I did try but it seems all the family rooms in the Vicar Lane hotel are gone now, so I had to book in at Leeds Central which is nearby.

Like before, there will be two spare seats in my car for rides to and from Manchester area.

CMaster
25-12-07, 01:50
http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?aid=303948;label=leeds-K8EX5kbnHapB_KPOevtMSQS753937461;sid=f1f570b2ae221cbae85be0d2daf8a2f4;checkin_monthday=21;checkin_ye ar_month=2008-3;checkout_monthday=22;checkout_year_month=2008-3;city=-2600941;class_interval=1;do_availability_check=1;radius=10.3;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre;ss=Leeds;ss_all=0; ssne=Leeds;order=price
http://www.laterooms.com/en/Hotels.aspx?k=Leeds&r=0&n=1&d=20080321&rt=2,0&c=1
http://www.hotelclub.net/SearchResults.asp?city=Leeds&inYear=2008&inMonth=3&inDay=21&outYear=2008&outMonth=3&outDay=22&x=37&y=15

Are 3 sites, although their cheapest is more than the travelodges. If you want somewhere nice, go with 42 the calls - pricey, but apparently nicer than many of those several times the cost.

As said, there are 2 sofabeds at my house. But those are reserved for people who I have at least spoken to on vent or such. PM to book.

danmalone
26-12-07, 22:33
rite im booked in at leeds central now,

SAVER RATE

Family Room (Non-smoking)
Ensuite room with double bed, sofa and pullout.
Sleeps 4 (maximum 3 adults).

£29.00 per night
You save £31.00!
Flexible rate cost £60.00

So this is what i got so im assuming mystic is in with me again ;)
this leaves room for 1-2 more.... only ppl i semi know tho :p

silent000
26-12-07, 23:29
I'll take you up on dat offer mr dan, but ill speak to you soon about it cus i got kinda partition some money off for this trip and if i can afford it _AND_ a car lol cus i ent putting dat off agen

Lodar
30-12-07, 05:55
Ok I've split the old thread into two. Half of it was about the Nottingham meet and half was about the proposed Easter meet up. As thats since been confirmed, I've split the posts from the old thread relevant to the Easter meet-up into here.

William Antrim
30-12-07, 05:58
Lodar I love your sig!

Apocalypsox
30-12-07, 06:48
Christ. Im gonna have to show up for one of these one day as everybody seems to think they are made of alcohol and fucking win. (At least i'm assured to get one right!)

Dribble Joy
30-12-07, 12:15
Gordon the gopher it.

CMaster
30-12-07, 17:48
CMaster's drinking maps 2 - Leeds (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=103254829708203124071.000441660edb40d85a8dc).
Now with night- and strip- clubs!

CHA0S
30-12-07, 18:21
I think people should wear/have something relevant to NC ill let u decide on what....
even a t-shirt with Neocron on it would be great

would be interesting as to what ppl bring/wear

would recommend not bringing guns of any kind as u might get blown away by the real "copbots" hehe

Just an idea

:D

nobby
30-12-07, 19:51
Tell you what, I might just come along :p

I'll have my driving licence by then, so why not ? :D

StevenJ
30-12-07, 20:02
Gordon the gopher it.
Ed the Duck me, that was awful (sorry)

I'm off to Leeds in a couple of weeks, take a snoop around - been once before, and we ended up in a strange place called Mint. That was odd...

Trivaldi
31-12-07, 02:30
Well i shall be there, should hopefully have more sleep before hand this time so i wont be dozing off as early this time around. For the love of god someone stop me going on the Jack Daniels or anything else that burns untill atleast 10!

Here's a deal, i'll show 'the picture' at the meet in Leeds, now there's an incentive ;)

Triv

EDIT: Infact, if i can be bothered that might be my t-shirt for the evening :p

Matanius
31-12-07, 16:02
Right, well me and my fiancée are booked into Leeds Central Travelodge on Friday 21st :D See you all there ;)

ROZZER187
01-01-08, 16:00
might have to make an apperance ;)

danmalone
02-01-08, 04:11
I'll take you up on dat offer mr dan, but ill speak to you soon about it cus i got kinda partition some money off for this trip and if i can afford it _AND_ a car lol cus i ent putting dat off agen

rite so far its me, mystic and blood-junkie in my room.... has mr andrew decided what he is doing yet? :p if ya dont decide soon i may just steal filltron and hide him under the bed.

Also, ne1 know if willgebraist is making an appearance? we might need a rezz on trivaldi again :angel:

Ishmael/Mystic
02-01-08, 11:10
matty, fill, andy, dan .... in 1 room?? ..... *wipes his keyboard*

god is real.

NAPPER
02-01-08, 19:16
yep im up for it this time i have booked the days off work alrdy :D

danmalone
02-01-08, 19:34
god is real.

yes, ill make all your prayers come true :angel:

Brammers
02-01-08, 19:43
Well it's time I said I'm coming to the meet as well.

I'm coming to the meet as well, and I'm also booked in the Leeds Central Travellodge for the 21st! Still plenty of 29quid rooms available.

silent000
03-01-08, 01:47
I'm afraid i'm going to have to bottle this one lads, but im sure ill be in touch with a few people on the phone :P

Have a beer on me!

Necpock
03-01-08, 02:05
Job interveiw tomorrow, hang on... later today... so if all things go well, I shalt be coming

Hoder
03-01-08, 14:17
I'm afraid i'm going to have to bottle this one lads,
Awww, I scared you off? I have that effect on a lot of ppl ;)

silent000
03-01-08, 14:44
Awww, I scared you off? I have that effect on a lot of ppl ;)

Scared of you Hoder? pfft lol nah my reasons are women costing to damn much and thats where my money has gone :(

Doc Holliday
03-01-08, 20:30
Scared of you Hoder? pfft lol nah my reasons are women costing to damn much and thats where my money has gone :(

if u walk down the road they do get cheaper.

Im gonna try and make it. i spoke with roz and he said deffo so it looks like it will be on. gonna try and talk rabbi in to it as well. my other half said she fancies it too. so i will keep u all informed.

danmalone
03-01-08, 20:43
my other half said she fancies it too. so i will keep u all informed.

given new found information i think silent000 aka cracker may reconsider :rolleyes:

NAPPER
03-01-08, 21:14
Here is where me and roz are staying Novotel (http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/gb/nov/3270/fiche_hotel.shtml) i got 2 night for free cos i work in the same hotel group as novotel Sweet it should be £119 i night lol

silent000
04-01-08, 15:27
given new found information i think silent000 aka cracker may reconsider :rolleyes:

Actually if I were to come the girl im with wud be coming too :cool: But at this moment with exactly 4 quid in my bank untill next month it dont seem like it :(

danmalone
04-01-08, 18:05
send me pics plz, i gave u pics of my sis remember ;)

u got 2/3 months to save ur money, and whats with the excuse about women costing moneys... u said that was for a car :rolleyes:

silent000
05-01-08, 01:55
I've got the car for half the price i expected it for, so i thought i wud get the missus something nice :cool: But we will see lads, i may come at the last minute ;p;

Ishmael/Mystic
05-01-08, 10:30
Sneaky cracker, hes lying to us, playing trickies, hes just making us think he wont come then he'll pop out from under steve's bed.

Grolsch
05-01-08, 20:52
Woot another piss up.I shall be there seeing as i missed the last one in notts.

Hoder
06-01-08, 01:47
Just got word that we're gonna have another GM joining us too :)

You can all torture GM_Paralax while I escape through a back door :p

Logan_storm_03
06-01-08, 04:57
Count me in. Of course.

Jodo
06-01-08, 08:41
Just out of curiosity, did the 3 KK officials who turned up last time get tortured for info or did everyone play nicely? :p

Hoder
06-01-08, 14:04
It was two days before the long awaited patch and tongues were hanging out for information, but all I could say was how sexy it was and that it would happen soon™

So yes, they tried all right.. but they couldn't get anything out of us ;)

*glares at Dribble Joy*

aKe`cj
06-01-08, 14:57
huh ... 500 bucks for 3 days in Leeds 8|

Unfortunately there's plans for a meeting in Germany roundabout the same time ...not nuff cash to waste for both :(

CMaster
06-01-08, 16:48
huh ... 500 bucks for 3 days in Leeds 8|

Unfortunately there's plans for a meeting in Germany roundabout the same time ...not nuff cash to waste for both :(

Where are you looking at staying?

aKe`cj
07-01-08, 03:02
Where are you looking at staying?

hostel aint the big deal - flight n such is a pain money-wise :)

Hoder
07-01-08, 03:43
Depends which part of Germany you're coming from.

www.flybmi.com looks cheap. Hannover to Manchester is only €224 return and don't forget I have 2 free seats in my car from Manchester to Leeds :)

naimex
07-01-08, 06:41
Depends which part of Germany you're coming from.

www.flybmi.com looks cheap. Hannover to Manchester is only €224 return and don't forget I have 2 free seats in my car from Manchester to Leeds :)

... an airline that "looks" cheap ... I mean one thing is if they are cheap, but when they look cheap.... you know you gotta stay away from that :p

... Also, I think I saw this in a horror movie once ...

"Hey come on in, I have 2 free seats in my car, it will be the ride of your lives *evil laughter continuing as the vision fades to black*"

:wtf:

CMaster
07-01-08, 13:12

Yeah. Might well be worth thinking about flying into somewhere other than Leeds-Bradford (its a small airport and lots of the budget carriers don't bother) and then getting the train over to Leeds, if you want to fly, or alterantivley train it all the way. I don't know how much getting to Lille or Brusells would cost you, but you could then eurostar to london and train to Leeds.

Its never going to be cheap mind.

Logan_storm_03
07-01-08, 20:09
Today in a random trip to derby to buy the Orange box (not a single bloody copy in nottinghame) I saw a fellow neocron player in the street! That I remember from the nottingham pissup.

And to think if I never went to the nottingham one I would have walked passed a fellow NC player with out ever knowing.

this guy. (not mystic but I forgot his name)

http://photos-046.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v155/230/77/514849046/n514849046_494391_3541.jpg

danmalone
07-01-08, 20:16
thats chris (aka as ducky ingame) :p

Trivaldi
07-01-08, 20:32
Small world!

Just for confirmation, i now have the week free from work to ensure i can come and get drunk and fall asleep again :)

Triv

Vila
08-01-08, 05:45
if anyone wanna share room with me 50/50 and it comes cheaper, mail or dm me
in game ---> first blood or blood queen

more are welcome aswell for bigger room if it can be arranged.

Breakaway
09-01-08, 16:27
just getting all the booking info sorted. atm we getting a 4 person room n will be me , sam( logan_storm) and rob ( hybok) there will be a spare space if anyone wants it. u will have to put up with aload of drunken banter tho haha :p

Pocket Rocket
09-01-08, 17:54
it just had to be on a school night :mad:

CMaster
09-01-08, 17:55

Since when is a bank holiday friday a school night 8|
What kind of twisted school do you go to?

Lodar
09-01-08, 17:55

You go to school on a Saturday? :wtf:

(21st is a Friday) ;)

Pocket Rocket
09-01-08, 17:57
lawl was looking at february in my calendar :lol:
im on holidays then will see if i can scoot on up is anyone else going up from london / the south?

EDIT] so i don't double post i am 18... 4 months till school ends forever xD

Brammers
09-01-08, 17:57

It's on Friday 21st March... not quite a school night! Also I do recommend that you are the age of 18 or greater, if you really goto school still!

Edit: Beaten by....everyone lol! :D

lawl was looking at february in my calendar :lol:
im on holidays then will see if i can scoot on up is anyone else going up from london / the south?

Ahh that explains it... I'm coming up from Chippenham via the train. My planned route is Chippenham to London Paddington, then from London Kings Cross to Leeds on the East coast main line.

CMaster
09-01-08, 18:48
Train from London to Leeds can be as little as £11.25 (before any railcard discount) on the Friday. Depending on when you go back, its likley possible to get an equally cheap single that way.

Pocket Rocket
09-01-08, 19:03
woah how'd u get it to be that cheap? it cost me 25 to go to southampton and thats way closer...

Brammers
09-01-08, 19:18
Head to http://nationalrail.co.uk/ and put in your journey. There are advanced fares you can purchase cheap if you book in advance.

However to get them even cheaper, split the journey into 2 legs. For example:-

The all in one ticket, Chippenham to Leeds, return cost me about £87.

However if I split the Journey into 2 legs, I can reduce the fair to about £50. The Chippenham to London costs me £25 quid return and the London to Leeds bit is costing £23 quid.

The tricky bit is deciding which station on the journey to split the tickets, which may take a bit of work.

Pocket Rocket
09-01-08, 19:36
well i live in london so i guess 25 quid there and back isnt too bad

Dribble Joy
09-01-08, 20:09
just getting all the booking info sorted. atm we getting a 4 person room n will be me , sam( logan_storm) and rob ( hybok) there will be a spare space if anyone wants it. u will have to put up with aload of drunken banter tho haha :p
Go for it.

Pocket Rocket
09-01-08, 20:23
do you guys reckon its gonna be 1 night or 2?

William Antrim
09-01-08, 22:18
do you guys reckon its gonna be 1 night or 2?

ask your pocket.

NAPPER
11-01-08, 18:05
http://ojp1.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/fa?uniqueId=71883205

LOL Cost me £7.90 to get to leeds thats well cheap

CMaster
15-01-08, 17:16
What sort of times are people anticipating arriving?
And do people have any preferences on what kinda places we go, or should I just pick what feels appropriate (and where we can get into on a friday with the clothes/group we have)

danmalone
15-01-08, 18:17
Ill be rite behind StevenJ and Mystic 8|

Ishmael/Mystic
15-01-08, 19:26
i'll probably get there about mid day again.

Any place is good, as long as theres not too many chavs.

Brammers
15-01-08, 19:35
I'll be arriving in Leeds about 3pm onwards.

Anywhere is good, so long as it serves beer. (And anywhere with food would be good as well, as I'll be hungry when I get into Leeds!)

Matanius
16-01-08, 13:13
Right, Sod's law....our landlord is kicking us out (so to speak). He's decided he's gonna sell the place so we have to move out at the end of our tenancy, and guess when that is....21st March :rolleyes:

So of course aside from the fact that we will be moving (somewhere) on the day we now also have a very tight budget so probably couldn't afford it anyway.

Shit happens I guess :p Hope you all have a good time and I will make the next one! ;)

CMaster
16-01-08, 13:21
Right, Sod's law....our landlord is kicking us out (so to speak). He's decided he's gonna sell the place so we have to move out at the end of our tenancy, and guess when that is....21st March :rolleyes:

So of course aside from the fact that we will be moving (somewhere) on the day we now also have a very tight budget so probably couldn't afford it anyway.

Shit happens I guess :p Hope you all have a good time and I will make the next one! ;)

Damn, thats a shame. Reminds me that I need to find new housing too...

StevenJ
16-01-08, 13:26
What sort of times are people anticipating arriving?
And do people have any preferences on what kinda places we go, or should I just pick what feels appropriate (and where we can get into on a friday with the clothes/group we have)I'm easy, too. I think what worked well in Nottingham was having a couple of pubs we knew would be suitable as a last resort, and just wandering between them stopping off anywhere that looked semi decent.

I think I'll be arriving around 3 or 4, depending on everyone else's schedule. It's not far from me, so again, I'm easy... :cool:

Shit happens I guess :p Hope you all have a good time and I will make the next one! ;)Booger, I guess I'm destined to never meet Mr. and Mrs. Matan :(

danmalone
16-01-08, 13:31
I think I'll be arriving around 3 or 4, depending on everyone else's schedule. It's not far from me, so again, I'm easy... :cool:

Booger, I guess I'm destined to never meet Mr. and Mrs. Matan :(

I guess thats roughly what time ill be there then, only takes 20mins on a train so think ill just buy tickets at station cause theres trains every 20mins i think.

Sorry to hear ur not going Matan :( im sure me and mystic could 'put u up' for a nite if needs be :lol:

Hoder
16-01-08, 22:41
What sort of times are people anticipating arriving?It shouldn't be more than an hour's drive for me, so as long as the people i'm picking up don't take too long making themselves beautiful, I anticipate arriving in Leeds around 2-ish.

And do people have any preferences on what kinda places we go, or should I just pick what feels appropriate (and where we can get into on a friday with the clothes/group we have)I think the latter would be wiser. You probably know the Leeds doormen better than any of us so you can prejudge whether they'll take kindly to our diverse group and even more diverse dress :p

Doc Holliday
16-01-08, 22:56
It shouldn't be more than an hour's drive for me, so as long as the people i'm picking up don't take too long making themselves beautiful, I anticipate arriving in Leeds around 2-ish.

I think the latter would be wiser. You probably know the Leeds doormen better than any of us so you can prejudge whether they'll take kindly to our diverse group and even more diverse dress :p

if the shit hits the fan can we not all just hide behind u boss? ;)

Jodo
17-01-08, 01:10
Usually, as long as you don't wear anything even remotely like trainers (regardless of how smart you believe them to be) :rolleyes: then you'll be ok. T-Shirts can be hidden by a jacket or coat and then just make sure your legs are covered.
Doormen don't like trainers or blokes legs on show, after that, they tend not to mind too much.

Trivaldi
17-01-08, 02:47
I'll probably be arriving at around the same time as any other early goers. Once a common time and a place has been arranged i'll plan my journey to that.

Triv

Omnituens
17-01-08, 11:00
If i wasnt already at a LAN party that weekend, I would attend.

CMaster
17-01-08, 16:31
Well, I'd probably suggest our meeting point, from 2-5ish to be the FAB Cafe (Drinking map link (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=uk&ptab=2&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=103254829708203124071.000441660edb40d85a8dc)), up towards the top end of town, by Morrisons, probably 15 minutes walk from the station. When you get in there, you'll see why I picked the place for a gathering of sci-fi themed gamers, plus I have a little plan for there, provided I can get the manager's agreement. If anybody is thinking of getting up in time for Lunch (before this), I'm partial to the Faversham. After FAB, I'd provisionally suggest Bourbon 5-7 and then Cuthber Broderick (wetherspoons nearby) for a chance to grab food 7-9, with where we move on to dependent on the desires of the crowd we then have.

Also, a little investigation shows that university is closed thursday-tuesday, so I dare say I can act as a host if anybody wants to spend an extra day in Leeds.

StevenJ
17-01-08, 17:00
When you get in there, you'll see why I picked the place for a gathering of sci-fi themed gamers, plus I have a little plan for there, provided I can get the manager's agreement.

I'm suddenly very very scared.. will there be tin foil involved? :p

CMaster
17-01-08, 17:04

Only if you want there to be...

(Seriously, what scary thing involving tinfoil are you expecting?)

Brammers
17-01-08, 18:03
LOL I was expecting a Panda suit to be involved, but maybe tinfoil and a panda suit... 8| :D

Jodo
17-01-08, 18:09

Only on the free hats that are given out each night.

Hoder
17-01-08, 18:42
I have a vague idea what CMaster's on about as there's a similar place in Manchester

Well, if we're going to one of these theme bars, it pays to be dressed for the occasion:

www.cafepress.com/neocronshop

Last time I ordered from there, delivery time was quite reasonable considering it comes from the USA. Can't remember the exact timescale but it was within a fortnight so order in plenty of time before easter :)

nabbl
17-01-08, 18:52
no black t-shirts -.-

Hoder
18-01-08, 02:37
It has black ON it... does it matter?

Matanius
18-01-08, 09:50
Was talking to Steven about this yesterday on msn, doesn't have to be black necessarily but I just cannot seem to carry off white.

Soooo....get some more colours and I'll be buying one :p

Hoder
18-01-08, 23:16
Black and coloured t-shirts here: http://www.cafepress.com/neocronshop.39102852

nobby
21-01-08, 00:06
I'm not quite sure whether it's too childish or Trekkie wearing a Neocron T-shirt in public.

What is the definate date of the Meet ?

StevenJ
21-01-08, 00:09
I'm not quite sure whether it's too childish or Trekkie wearing a Neocron T-shirt in public.

What is the definate date of the Meet ?
Debating it is a sign of weakness - you want to wear it, go for it! :P

Date is fixed at Friday, 21st March 2007 - that's Good Friday. No excuses, mind!

silent000
21-01-08, 00:24
Right then lads I've narrowed it down to I _Maybe_ coming. I've worked out I will have the money but I may be going on a road trip with my missus and the mates but we havn't made solid plans for that yet so i will see if i can work round that, depends wen everyone has work.

So looks like I may be around again for some abuse and love from many-a-people :cool:

danmalone
21-01-08, 19:38
Right then lads I've narrowed it down to I _Maybe_ coming. I've worked out I will have the money but I may be going on a road trip with my missus and the mates but we havn't made solid plans for that yet so i will see if i can work round that, depends wen everyone has work.

So looks like I may be around again for some abuse and love from many-a-people :cool:

Pfft, u can do a roadtrip any day no? Dont tell me ur considering abandoning your fellow nc players cause if thats the case Mr Panda will not be v happy at all :(

Project-2501
09-02-08, 12:08
lol OMG last time sucked ass.. never seen so many geeks 1 one spot befor :P leeds is a good night out tho so i may show up again..

L0KI
15-02-08, 11:51
lol OMG last time sucked ass.. never seen so many geeks 1 one spot befor :P leeds is a good night out tho so i may show up again..

I don't technically fall into the geek looking category, but by playing an MMORPG, I guess I am one.

If it sucked ass last time - why bother going again? :rolleyes:

danmalone
21-02-08, 12:29
Who's showing up for definate this time? Im gonna book my tickets at end of month :D

StevenJ
29-02-08, 00:41
Me and Mr Brammers have just been talking about this... We think the following are coming...

Me
Dan
Brammers
Chris
DJ
CMaster
Trivaldi
Hoder
Lodar
GM_Paralax
Logan_Storm / Sam
- possibly Fill Tron
- possibly Viper
- possibly Psibob
- possibly Andy
- possibly Mystic Crusader
- possibly Mr and Mrs Matan
Breakaway
Antrim
Holliday
Grolsch (said so, months ago, so perhaps - Brammers is going to start bugging him)
- so probably Pepsi :P
Napper
Rozzer
Delphi (I can't remember if he said he was coming... or if I dreamt it <3)

To chase up:

Blood-Junkie
Joe

More who I'm sure I've forgotten about :)

Would be nice to get a confirmation from people :p

L0KI
29-02-08, 09:47
I'm going :p

Matanius
29-02-08, 10:17
Well at present there is not a single reason why myself and 'Mrs.Matan' will not be going. :D And Steve....you got your t-shirt yet? ;) Ours should be here in the next few days....

silent000
29-02-08, 11:38
I would say its 50/50 for me, Money isn't an issue just depends if I can sort shit out here first, long story and lots of problems so do not ask ;)

danmalone
29-02-08, 12:36
- possibly Fill Tron 8|
- possibly Mystic Crusader ;)
- possibly Mr and Mrs Matan :angel:

Joe

Not sure that Mr Joe is going to be gracing us with his presence :(
As for the rest... They shall feel my wrath! :lol:

StevenJ
29-02-08, 12:51
Not sure that Mr Joe is going to be gracing us with his presence :(
As for the rest... They shall feel my wrath! :lol:
I spoke to Vince the other day - Vince, Steve's and Fill's attendance relies on Steve's car passing its MOT... though I'm sure Fill would be quite, quite annoyed if he missed another meetup...

I'll keep badgering Joe (a non NC-style badger, that is... strangest emote in the world)

danmalone
29-02-08, 13:52
/Badger @ Necpock

Sounds like a good turnout nehow. I might have a wander to the station today and check out tickets... any idea what time ppl are looking to arrive on the friday?

StevenJ
29-02-08, 14:38
/Badger @ Necpock

Sounds like a good turnout nehow. I might have a wander to the station today and check out tickets... any idea what time ppl are looking to arrive on the friday?
Between 3 and 4 for me, I'd guess. I don't want to be as late this time as last time - I'd like to have the chance to shower and change before going out :p

Brammers
29-02-08, 15:27
I'm still coming, just ordered my train tickets, which has been a bit of fun, seems whatever normal route I take, there is engineering works and a 10 hour journey...

Anyway I'll be arriviving in Leeds at 15:02 (Virgins train from Birmingham)

Nymphette79
29-02-08, 15:56
GRRRR, so many of my fave friends going, u will have to make the next one a bit more south-westerly.
The last meet looked and sounded great and this one looks like its going to be even better so seeing as I can't go i'm going to sit and sulk in typical girly fashion :mad:

silent000
29-02-08, 16:04
GRRRR, so many of my fave friends going, u will have to make the next one a bit more south-westerly.
The last meet looked and sounded great and this one looks like its going to be even better so seeing as I can't go i'm going to sit and sulk in typical girly fashion :mad:

If I end up buying a car in the next month then you can sketch a lift up with me, providing I pass my test that is

naimex
29-02-08, 16:17
If I end up buying a car in the next month then you can sketch a lift up with me, providing I pass my test that is

sounds like a lot of IF's ...

my problem is, I'm not making enough money neither to be able to take a vacation, nor to actually be able to pay for a trip to england ...

And besides, if I showed up, everyone would run away ...

I have that effect on people :(

Necpock
29-02-08, 16:17
I will hopefully get a job soon so don't give up hope yet!

William Antrim
29-02-08, 16:36
I cant make it.

I am at Easter camp that weekend and I have interviews and medicals the week before and week after so I have loads of prep work to do.

L0KI
29-02-08, 17:22
I am at Easter camp that weekend

I went on that when I was five!
Say hi to Lorraine for me. She helped me paint my egg! :)

(sorry...)

William Antrim
29-02-08, 19:37
I went on that when I was five!
Say hi to Lorraine for me. She helped me paint my egg! :)

(sorry...)

Haha. :lol:

I am trying to think of a reply but all of mine are either obnoxious or rude.

I am also going to Goalkeeper camp that weekend. I am learning to save shots from Middlesborough players for a few days. I want to try to get a job with one of the top clubs as their keeper hopefully. I heard that Sheffield United need a replacement....

(sorry.....)

Nymphette79
29-02-08, 20:50

Thx for the offer hun but it aint transport thats the prob.
Finance is a bit of an issue but the main prob is i'd have to bring kids with me and i'm having terrible trouble getting them fake ID's :)

silent000
29-02-08, 21:02
Shirt, bit of bling, lots of Joop...They will walk straight in :cool:

And tbh i think I would rather go to Easter Camp with Antrim if I can paint eggs with him ;)

Dribble Joy
29-02-08, 21:09
Assuming I manage to work my way past the muppetry of the Student Loans Company, I will be there.

Nymphette79
29-02-08, 21:26
I cant make it.

That takes the edge off the pain of not going

William Antrim
29-02-08, 22:04
That takes the edge off the pain of not going

:angel: bless you.

P.s Im not painting eggs, it will be more along the lines of training kids to shoot, running around in forests and generally getting very muddy and very sweaty. Yes folks I am off to Al Qaeda to teach kids to become terrorists!

(Alternatively referred to as Air Cadets).

Jodo
01-03-08, 09:13
Im not painting eggs, it will be more along the lines of training kids to shoot, running around in forests and generally getting very muddy and very sweaty. Yes folks I am off to Al Qaeda to teach kids to become terrorists!

(Alternatively referred to as Air Cadets).

All fun and amusement in this forum, but don't repeat that at a public transport terminal of some sort. :p

Doc Holliday
03-03-08, 18:46
i cant make it dudes.

Sorry :( :( :(

Im moving house that weekend now. i hadnt got anything booked either for various reasons but thats dropped on me now and its not gonna happen. soorrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :)

silent000
03-03-08, 22:12
Awww Holiday, I wanted to see you again :(

danmalone
04-03-08, 10:01

It appears Andrew is coming then by the looks of things ;)

William Antrim
04-03-08, 10:43
It appears Andrew is coming then by the looks of things ;)

A poor substitute though.... ah well.

NAPPER
04-03-08, 13:35
Me and Mr Brammers have just been talking about this... We think the following are coming...

Me
Dan
Brammers
Chris
DJ
CMaster
Trivaldi
Hoder
Lodar
GM_Paralax
Logan_Storm / Sam
- possibly Fill Tron
- possibly Viper
- possibly Psibob
- possibly Andy
- possibly Mystic Crusader
- possibly Mr and Mrs Matan
Breakaway
Antrim
Holliday
Grolsch (said so, months ago, so perhaps - Brammers is going to start bugging him)
- so probably Pepsi :P
Napper
Rozzer
Delphi (I can't remember if he said he was coming... or if I dreamt it <3)

To chase up:

Blood-Junkie
Joe

More who I'm sure I've forgotten about :)

Would be nice to get a confirmation from people :p

Sorry buddy i am no longer coming the reasons i cant make it is one i start my new job on the 17th and 2 im fucked for money. Roz cant make it either his got his little one to look after

Napper

Doc Holliday
05-03-08, 17:37

yeah me too. :(

i thought that this time maybe i could try and chat up YOUR mrs ;)

William Antrim
05-03-08, 18:33
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/439/21189largelu2.th.jpg (http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=21189largelu2.jpg)

Take your best shot Doc. She's a corker. :lol:

Jodo
05-03-08, 23:02
Hahaha, she's missing the "Cracker woz 'ere" writing, that should be across her midriff. :lol:

silent000
06-03-08, 00:49
Hey! Thats my mother!

Matanius
13-03-08, 16:28
OK guys, sorry it's been so long :) I'm afraid that there is no way myself or Kat will be able to make it to this meet. The proverbial shit has truly hit the fan for us these past few weeks and there is no way on Earth we will be able to muster up the cash or time to make it :(

Really miffed about it because, tbh, we could seriously use with a break, however brief, lol and we were both really looking forward to it. Just make sure you have fun.

And for anyone who cares, don't expect to see me in-game any time soon with all this going on, in fact you've probably noticed that I haven't been about for a good month or so now :( Will get back as soon as I get the time :D

Have fun :p

danmalone
13-03-08, 17:02
OK guys, sorry it's been so long :) I'm afraid that there is no way myself or Kat will be able to make it to this meet. The proverbial shit has truly hit the fan for us these past few weeks and there is no way on Earth we will be able to muster up the cash or time to make it :(

Really miffed about it because, tbh, we could seriously use with a break, however brief, lol and we were both really looking forward to it. Just make sure you have fun.

And for anyone who cares, don't expect to see me in-game any time soon with all this going on, in fact you've probably noticed that I haven't been about for a good month or so now :( Will get back as soon as I get the time :D

Have fun :p

/me cries

Now i dont get to have sexytime :(

Ishmael/Mystic
14-03-08, 12:29
/me cries

Now i dont get to have sexytime :(

WHAT?? what am i there for then.... /crawls into a corner and cries himself to sleep.

danmalone
14-03-08, 18:11
WHAT?? what am i there for then.... /crawls into a corner and cries himself to sleep.

Well.... This partiular thread has been made a 'sticky'

Need i say more? :lol:

Trivaldi
16-03-08, 20:04
I shall be in Leeds from about 2 i imagine to have a wander around before i check in at 3pm. Not long now ;)

Triv

silent000
16-03-08, 22:53
Just make sure you don't wander off too drunk agen ;)

danmalone
17-03-08, 11:13
Trains to Leeds are every 15mins for me so ill turn up whenever basically. Its gonna be an interesting weekend... apparently ive got a few b'day bashes aswell so im gonna be left with empty pockets and nasty hangovers? :angel:

Randomly browsing through this thread and went to click on the 'history' button at top of page... i ended up pressing print by accident (bear in mind i work in norwich union) it started printing page after page off the printer in the middle of the office!!! :eek: Almost knocked a woman over in the hurry to bin all the stuff that had already printed :lol:

/edit @StevenJ- can u get in touch with Matt (blood-junkie) and let him know whats happening... i got a few matt's numbers and not sure which 1 he is. He just needs to know times and the such :D

StevenJ
17-03-08, 11:50
Just make sure you don't wander off too drunk agen ;)Hmm, to say Triv was so sleepy, he sure moved fast when he wanted to leave... so fast nobody even saw :wtf:
can u get in touch with Matt (blood-junkie) and let him know whats happening... Sure, I'll try - it's been a while since I last spoke to him though, if he has a new phone in the past few months then I don't have it.

Trivaldi
17-03-08, 14:09
Hmm, to say Triv was so sleepy, he sure moved fast when he wanted to leave... so fast nobody even saw :wtf:
Ninja training is an essential element of NCPD initiation.

We won't require search parties this time around, i'll be good :p

Triv

I'm never gonna live this down, am i? :p

Brammers
17-03-08, 22:23
I'm never gonna live this down, am i? :p

Hmm...having seen the pics...nope!

Ok have we got a starting location for drinkage? /me Pokes Cmaster.

Also Just been speaking to Grolsch on MSN - he's trying to sort out trains and hotel out as I speak... Also he's most likely plotting on how to drink all of us under the table. :D

Hoder
17-03-08, 22:44
Better wrap up warm, folks. Weekend forecast is in and it's gonna be coooold. :( Sub zero temperatures are on the way for the Easter weekend but we may escape the worst of it on Friday.

Also he's most likely plotting on how to drink all of us under the table. :DHe can try ;)

CMaster
17-03-08, 23:44
How's about this then:
3-5:30 = FAB cafe, near morrisons. Because I can't be out with a gang of gaming geeks and not go to the FAB.
5:30-8 = Stick or twist. A wetherspoons for cheap food and cheap drinks. Not the nicest spoons in the city, but probably the quitest. Can arrange somewhere else if people want nicer food.
8 onwards: to be determined by the mood of the group. Either North Bar/Sela Bar for nice world beers, or Angel Inn for cheap stuff.

I do have some other options in mind too, if people want, and can also be out and about before 3 (I have nothing better to do arranged for friday)

CMaster
18-03-08, 00:54
Also, this is the ugly mug you are looking for:
http://cmaster.linxsoft.co.uk/images/meinasuit.jpg

(Ignore the shirt and bow tie. Won't have that on the night)

CMaster
20-03-08, 20:45
Important Update - change of meeting location

So I was wandering through Leeds today, and notice the opening times on the fab cafe - they don't open until 4:30. This means a change of plans.

Instead we will be meeting, from 3 until 4 at the Golden Lion Hotel - it's right by the travellodge where you are all staying. Never been, likley to be pricey, but it is easy for you all to find I hope. From 4 until 6, it depends where we can get in, but I'm planning for us to be at The Angel Inn just off Briggate.

Video of how to get from the reception of the Travellodge to the Golden Lion:
Download (http://cmaster.linxsoft.co.uk/images/tothepub.avi) || Flash Player (http://cmaster.linxsoft.co.uk/images/tothepub.html)

Really sorry. Spread the word of the changes. See you all there.

And remember, map of some pubs on google here (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=103254829708203124071.000441660edb40d85a8dc)

Lodar
20-03-08, 23:48
I regret to inform you, my loyal subordinates, that I won't be able to make tomorrow now. Partly down to errors on my part, and partly down to the unholy clusterfuck that is my RL life these days. :(

Have a great night guys, bring lots of pics, and everyone take special care of Triv ;)

Jodo
21-03-08, 00:58
Man Down!!

Dribble Joy
21-03-08, 01:17
I shall be at Leeds station at about 2pm. So by the time the others get there I should be a little 'greased'.

Hoder
21-03-08, 01:29
I shall be at Leeds station at about 2pm. So by the time the others get there I should be a little 'greased'.Stand in a parking space for me ;)

Dribble Joy
21-03-08, 01:36
I suppose the sight of a shabbily dressed man in a manky beanie hat and a large beard (yes, the beard is back) standing about in a train station car park with a few bottles of booze isn't too uncommon up there.... :p.

Trivaldi
21-03-08, 03:18
I suppose the sight of a shabbily dressed man in a manky beanie hat and a large beard (yes, the beard is back) standing about in a train station car park with a few bottles of booze isn't too uncommon up there.... :p.
To complete the look and secure me a space too, could you perhaps lie across two bays? :p

Triv

danmalone
21-03-08, 03:31
every1 dropping out :(

Jodo
21-03-08, 03:37
To complete the look and secure me a space too, could you perhaps lie across two bays? :p

Triv

If DJ is still a student he should, by law, have a large supply of traffic cones somewhere which should help. :lol:

StevenJ
21-03-08, 09:46
I regret to inform you, my loyal subordinates, that I won't be able to make tomorrow now. Partly down to errors on my part, and partly down to the unholy clusterfuck that is my RL life these days. :(

Have a great night guys, bring lots of pics, and everyone take special care of Triv ;)
Then who will I smoke with? :(

Oh, DJ. I'll start a small fire in his beard, see how long it takes him to notice :D

And Triv will be ok, I believe Hoder's bought one of these

http://i18.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/bf/2e/e27b_1.JPG

Trivaldi
21-03-08, 12:18
Urge, to edit, for trolling... :p

I'll be setting off around lunch time and so may end up being quite early as im not sure how the traffic is going to play out with it being the long weekend.

Triv

Lodar
21-03-08, 12:31
I just thought I'd mention - anyone getting the train today be warned; theres some serious delays and cancellations expected due to some work going down on the main lines. I'm not sure if this will affect anyone up north so much, but people coming from further south might want to look into it....

/edit:

Then who will I smoke with? :(

I think you should save your smokes for "Grand Slam Sunday" - you're going to need them when we beat you ;)

Brammers
21-03-08, 12:47
ok on a earlier train so i should be in leeds at 1400

Dribble Joy
21-03-08, 13:20
Muppetry of teh Dribble knows no bounds. Sleep induced lateness means I'll be there at 3 it would seem....

Trivaldi
22-03-08, 19:37
Fanastic night out and i didnt wander off! ;)

I'm sure a new thread for aftermath discussion and photos will pop up soon enough :)

Triv