PDA

View Full Version : Any planned model updates?

-FN-
26-12-07, 23:07
So I saw some of the new Regant's PA for the first time. I gotta say it looks pretty nice. High-resolution textures. Higher poly count. Walking right up to a player and looking at the PA is impressive.

Then I looked at a tank with PA on. And then a spy with his PA. They're so... well, in comparison to the new PA, pathetic :lol:

Is there any planned update to these old models in the works? The PA by design is fine - it'd just be nice to see some higher res textures applied and maybe some more surface detail!

Dribble Joy
26-12-07, 23:12
I believe 2.3 is planned to be a GFX update. Though when it will be has not been alluded to yet.

Also, take a look at the WoC PAs. The texture quality is actually rather sexy.

Richard Slade
27-12-07, 01:02
I'd do a personal fap-a-ton (Apart from the regular daily ones) if we had a full update at some point.
After that it's just the zonelines-b-gone and I'll never stop playing this..

OpTi
27-12-07, 02:33
any chance we could get some screenies? not seen any of these new PA's yet

megavoid
27-12-07, 03:19
Here we go, the Regant Rifle PA:

http://grim.megavoid.de/regant_rifle.png

Danny

aenema
27-12-07, 05:07
I'd love to go back to the old NC1 skins ... those were classy and we didn't have to hide under our PA in shame ;) just put an option in the "model" section of the character creation (so that we can use the old mesh or something)

Also appart from a GFX overhaul which would take a huge amount of time (retexturing and remodeling) I guess improvements to the engine would be welcomed like HDR rendering / bloom, new particle effects for heal etc (bit old heh) though I'm not sure if it would be possible.

But yeah those regant's PA are so nice !

Apocalypsox
27-12-07, 05:51
Dual core support, let alone Quad Core support would be nice as well.

My E6600 cries every time i play NC (Which is quite often)

Burgeri
27-12-07, 06:26
Holy s*it, looking at the PA...

I would actually prefer the old character models but to be honest, it is mostly because the new ones are downright terrible. The old ones were low-poly but this could be explained with a slightly cartoony look and feel to them. The new ones are so deep in the "uncanny valley" (trying to make things appear more human and failing) they are impossible to identify with. I actually care about this kind of thing (yep, a closet roleplayer).

At least, the new models should have been based on the old ones so that the transition of old characters could have gone on without making them all bald freaks...

Apocalypsox
27-12-07, 06:49
Lol my rifle spy is still bald. Looks pretty good when i swap my tank holo armor on though, and i get quite a few "WHAT THE FUCKS" from people before they realize its a holovest. FL 4tw!

I dont want the old models back imho. I want new models that have been upgraded, or the old models with more detail to them and a higher polycount.
(Still want my cigs and shades as well, damnit!)

Sharper Blade
30-12-07, 08:30
Maybe implementing some normal maps and what not on players /pas etc and a weapon gfx update possible, also. I'm horribly sick of the way techs look, is there a plan for all that kind of stuff that is commonly in most peoples inventories?

another good idea is making us able to change clothes color again and were able to drink in nc, why can't we smoke too? smoking should give a tiny drugflash but give like +10 weapon lore or something, maybe -endurance