PDA

View Full Version : Faction Bonuses in the City

William Antrim
24-12-07, 15:12
Good afternoon.

Since the patch I have been doing lots of fighting in Plaza 2 and I have loved it so far. However one thing is lacking in Neocron for me at the moment and I wonder how to fix it. Even though the whole population has been moved into one city (and we were at 20% last night) everyone seems to be crowded back into Plaza 1. Now I realise that in some ways this is good advertising for the new guys and stuff but I think it would be better if we could spread the population out a little over the zones. The only people who seem to use hqs are tradeskillers doing their missions and what not, but wouldnt it feel more like a city if more people actually passed through the hqs.

I would like to see KK implement some form of small (no more than +10) faction skill bonus for being in a faction and in its HQ or the zone the HQ is in. For example a Biotech runner might get a +10 implant bonus in Via Rosso 1 or Tangent might get +10 Cst in Via Rosso 2 etc. City Admin could probably get a +10 health or hitech combat bonus for example in Via Rosso 3 (I say this due to NCPD building, rather than CA hq which is Plaza 1).

The Tsunamis might get a +10 barter (gambling and all that stuff) in their zone, Black Dragons perhaps +10 Recycle (those crack houses have to come in for something useful) and TG might get +10 hitech combat for defending the homeland in the Canyon. Crahn would obviously get +10 PPW in Pepper 3 I would expect or somesuch useful skill for them. Protopharm likely would get +10 research if in the lab or something.

Obviously this is a rough draft of an idea - it came to me out of the blue as it were today tbh and I realise not all factions are tradeskiller friendly and not all are combat friendly but it would go someway to individualising the different factions and making them unique from one another.

It would also give people a small incentive to leave the sanctity of Plaza 1 (while also having safety inside faction hqs) but it would give people who are enemy to a particular faction an element of risk if they wanted to deal with an individual from that faction. You might even want to make P1 unsafe again if this idea works I dont know. I was only here for about 6 months in NC2 originally before Unreal tournament lured me away so I dont remember what the call was to make P1 "safe" again other than the constant ganking I heard about.

Anyway, more people moving around the city imo would be better as it makes it feel more alive. Obviously some people could still play it safe by gen-repping everywhere but thats just the same as it is now anyway. I think this idea would work because it helps the newbs (+10 research to research your own weapon is just as important at level 4 as it is iding mc5s at level 60 odd).

Anyway, its just the beginnings of an idea, if anyone wants to flesh it out or tell me its been posted before go right ahead.

SorkZmok
24-12-07, 15:36
Awesome idea!

I like it.

Doc Holliday
24-12-07, 16:31
agreed. it was suggested a long time ago re using ind a Labs as this style but i totally agree it should work.

Only forseeable problem is coding it. i think the doy sectors had issues in this respect. link this thread in brainport or cross post it.

Hoder
24-12-07, 17:12
Nice idea.

Why not add it to this thread? (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141298)

flib
24-12-07, 18:13
Protopharm could give health and/or resists!

danmalone
24-12-07, 18:27
everyone seems to be crowded back into Plaza 1.

plaza 1 is gay, everyone should hang out in the club in outzone station, i got vip membership and get free booze ftw :D only thing it lacks is a crytons nearby... then tradeskillers could quite happily live in that club :D

Must say its one of my favourite places atm to chill out and afk my symp :p

Anthax
24-12-07, 20:19
Some of the bonuses sound like they might be a bit useless though vs something like +cst or +ress

L0KI
25-12-07, 01:38
What a brilliant idea.

Add it to brainport Al ;)

William Antrim
25-12-07, 01:42
Some of the bonuses sound like they might be a bit useless though vs something like +cst or +ress

The reason for posting the thread is to get exactly that kind of feedback mate. I couldnt think of all of the bonuses off the top of my head.

P.s Hoder - I linked it to the brainport thread - hopefully niddy wont own me on this one.

flib
25-12-07, 01:59
Well, they'd just have to make it slightly higher than what OP's give. That, or they would be useful anyway, since, very often, outposts aren't available for a tradeskiller, not to mention it's a bit of a trek to take, just for a little tradeskill bonus.

Instead of giving an equal amount of bonus points for each skill bonus, set them each about fair in terms of actual advantage.
For example, it wouldn't take many bonus points for a health/resist bonus to be useful, but it would take quite a large amount for any combat bonus to be useful.

William Antrim
25-12-07, 02:24
Not really fllb. It needs to be lower than op bonuses - by a long chalk or what is the point of taking ops?

This idea is to give people a little something extra when they start out, it cant involve being better than op bonuses or noone would ever go take ops....

The bonus should be worked so that factions get an incentive to go to their own zones rather than being in p1, this would also give the "raiders" some form of incentive to attack another players zone while giving the defender some form of incentive to be there defending, although only a slight one. It would hopefully encourage mini fights for zones and spread people around the city.

I am not trying to keep people out of the wastelands here, just trying to get them around the city a bit.

Jodo
25-12-07, 08:50
A brilliant idea, you'd best be careful your foot doesn't fall off.

I agree with the bonus being less than OP's too, there should always be an extra reward for taking and keeping an OP.

flib
25-12-07, 22:04
Not really fllb. It needs to be lower than op bonuses - by a long chalk or what is the point of taking ops?

This idea is to give people a little something extra when they start out, it cant involve being better than op bonuses or noone would ever go take ops....

The bonus should be worked so that factions get an incentive to go to their own zones rather than being in p1, this would also give the "raiders" some form of incentive to attack another players zone while giving the defender some form of incentive to be there defending, although only a slight one. It would hopefully encourage mini fights for zones and spread people around the city.

I am not trying to keep people out of the wastelands here, just trying to get them around the city a bit.Okay, so like I said: it would still be useful anyway, since outpost aren't always available and require a considerable commute, whereas, the faction bonus is always available, and doesn't require leaving Neocron.

William Antrim
25-12-07, 22:58
Okay, so like I said: it would still be useful anyway, since outpost aren't always available and require a considerable commute, whereas, the faction bonus is always available, and doesn't require leaving Neocron.

Yeah, I am agreeing with you but the commute should be WORTH more. Thank you for your input everyone.

aenema
26-12-07, 01:05
Great idea however as you pointed out it will scatter people around, which isn't the best idea in my opinion. When / If the game has 25% + population average every night why not ... furthermore it could be a little too complicated to remember every boost of every district... and finally it will stack people at zoning and not in the actual district / faction hq

But overall great idea ;) needs bit of tweaking though I think :p

Hellmag
17-11-08, 16:39
First of, I really liked the idea!

But make the bonus +5 on Faction specific skill. And then depending on type and nuber of OP's owned by that Faction add in various skills. All of the skill bonuses in HQ/"home zone".

Example:
City Mercs owns:
3 Fortresses
2 Labs
1 Mine

This would result in:
Combat skills: +8 (5 + 3)
Research: +2
Recycle: +1

What this would do is make the HQ's HZ's more interesting to be at, and give an incentive to take OP's.

PS
Sorry for bumping thead
DS

zii
17-11-08, 18:45
This is a good idea. Outposts should still give the best bonus and the non-safe zones in factions' areas ought to be given the minor bonus.

e.g.

Give Crahn +10 PPW out in OZ8 ( where the other Chran church is ) along with PP3. They have two turfs.

Give FA +cst/+rec when anywhere in TechHaven.

Give Merc something when in their base. e.g force& pierce resist. +5 in each.

BD - Rcl is pointless to be honest when in a fight or taking drugs. Increased con or str subskill (+5 or +10) would be better because they are on drugs.

Leave p1 a safe zone.