PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] Price Check on a PPR

hivemind
24-12-07, 05:24
Not every single setup needs a PPR, and as all of us have 4 PP guys who are all doing the epic, it means that we'll have a few extras - the tradeskillers don't need them. We could have as many as six extra when it's all said and done.

What's the going price on these things now? Hopefully this is the answer to our cash flow problems...

flib
24-12-07, 05:56
At least 2,000,000 each, that's what I sold both of mine for.

William Antrim
24-12-07, 12:33
I have seen one idiot try to sell one for 9 million.

A good estimate on prices would be around 4 million at the upper end imo. 2 mill is too cheap tbh. The mc5s go for 4-8 million but personally I would never pay more than that.

How do you like the rifle btw, its a slow firing job so you might want to mod it in neofrag to try out the different mods it can use before finalising the setup. I normally put a red dot sight on them just to help a little tiny bit.

hivemind
24-12-07, 15:48
Thanks for the fun gun. I ultimated it, toxic, and a barrel, then a laser and a flashlight, because flashlights are pimp. :) It hits like a truck. The frequency's fine. It's not a Pain easer, but it shoots like 79 RPM.

4 million, eh? That doesn't seem like enough for something that's, basically, irreplaceable.

Matanius
24-12-07, 22:47
Even 4 million seems a bit cheap tbh. Last time I saw them (before the patch) being sold they were regularly going for 6 million, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less but that was pretty much the going rate.

As with all things though, it all depends on how much someone wants the damn thing ;)

Nidhogg
24-12-07, 23:34
I'm thinking of putting an online store together for constructors and traders. One of the features I was thinking of was the ability for sellers to check the maximum, minimum and mean prices for anything that had been traded on the site to help with problems like this. Sound useful?

N

$ir Mafia
24-12-07, 23:36
Sounds sexy

yuuki
25-12-07, 00:01
sounds great tbh :D

Glok
25-12-07, 00:02
6 mill seems right to me considering any combat class aside from droners and dex'ed up PEs use them, and they are still better than any of the mini-pprs.

flib
25-12-07, 00:13
I love that idea Niddhog; I wish that it existed when I had my PPR's so that I could have sold them for such higher prices and not had to sell some things with sentimental value to get enough money for my WoC disk.

(I sold the Hawking Chip that I got from the Easter event :( )

Doc Holliday
25-12-07, 01:41
I'm thinking of putting an online store together for constructors and traders. One of the features I was thinking of was the ability for sellers to check the maximum, minimum and mean prices for anything that had been traded on the site to help with problems like this. Sound useful?

N

yes that would be really helpful i think. let the community decide it themselves and then you can see whats a fair price. nice work.

Jodo
27-12-07, 07:06

N

Sounds good, but, assuming all the price info is coming from players, how would you prevent people submitting bullshit prices to alter the market for their own benefit?
If I wanted to buy a PPR for nice and cheap, I could submit that I had recently sold some (or 1 multiple times) and even use multiple accounts or friends accounts to bring the price down. Even if you were to link it to actual paid accounts I have access to 5 or 6 myself and could maybe ask a few other people to falsify in return for doing them the same type of favour somewhere down the line.
Obviously, given the price the DS went for this time last year, I could potentially save quite a few creds.

William Antrim
27-12-07, 12:27
Sounds good, but, assuming all the price info is coming from players, how would you prevent people submitting bullshit prices to alter the market for their own benefit?
If I wanted to buy a PPR for nice and cheap, I could submit that I had recently sold some (or 1 multiple times) and even use multiple accounts or friends accounts to bring the price down. Even if you were to link it to actual paid accounts I have access to 5 or 6 myself and could maybe ask a few other people to falsify in return for doing them the same type of favour somewhere down the line.
Obviously, given the price the DS went for this time last year, I could potentially save quite a few creds.

The end user would still have the choice to sell it at this "fraudulent" price or their own price though I would estimate. If someone was stupid enough to sell their CCP for 20 nc and a milky ren it would be their fault at that point I would assume. It is human nature to pick fault with systems and figure out how to use them for personal gain I guess but common sense ought to override this hopefully.

NC-bay. I like it.

Nidhogg
27-12-07, 15:18
The stats would be available for your own sales, all sales on your server, or all sales for a particular game (i.e. Neocron initially but possibly other games in the future). The number of unique sellers would also be available. Naturally this isn't foolproof and it isn't intended to be, but over time it should become fairly representative.

Incidentally you'd be able to state your price in terms of cash, goods or a combination of the two. If a buyer meets the price exactly (using a mechanism similar to the in-game trading screen) then the sale would be automatically confirmed, otherwise a nomination would be sent to the seller. The seller would then have the ability to accept, reject or alter the nomination (in which case the nomination would be sent back to the buyer and a further round of negotiation would begin).

It's all still in my mind at the moment and I'll probably start a thread once I have a few more ideas set down and possibly something of the model and use cases.

N

Jodo
27-12-07, 15:48
The end user would still have the choice to sell it at this "fraudulent" price or their own price though I would estimate. If someone was stupid enough to sell their CCP for 20 nc and a milky ren it would be their fault at that point I would assume. It is human nature to pick fault with systems and figure out how to use them for personal gain I guess but common sense ought to override this hopefully.

NC-bay. I like it.

I know all that, yes we still have free will at the end of it, but with anything I do in NC (or anything online) I keep in mind the potential hordes of tossers who will spend considerable time and effort to screw something up for everyone else.

Nidhogg
27-12-07, 16:01
I know all that, yes we still have free will at the end of it, but with anything I do in NC (or anything online) I keep in mind the potential hordes of tossers who will spend considerable time and effort to screw something up for everyone else.
If it looked like someone was screwing around I'd have the option to remove their sales from the stats (and ban them if necessary).

N

William Antrim
27-12-07, 16:19
Could you add some sort of reputation system for the seller then? Just like E-bay I mean. People could see something like star rating or whatever. I agree with your points completely Jodo and it is well worth bringing them up, I am just trying to get round the problem before it starts.

Nidhogg
27-12-07, 16:30
I was thinking of a private reputation system where buyers and sellers could maintain their own personal thoughts on the people they've had dealings with. Reputation systems can also be abused.

Nothing's set in stone yet though.

N

Jodo
28-12-07, 01:25
If it looked like someone was screwing around I'd have the option to remove their sales from the stats (and ban them if necessary).

N

Ah good, stick to what you know huh? :lol:

Nidhogg
28-12-07, 03:43
Ah good, stick to what you know huh? :lol:
You want to make something of it? :p Besides, it would probably be administered by the community itself. Self regulation FTW.

N

Matanius
28-12-07, 11:50
Self regulation FTW. Damn Commies...they're taking over the internet now!