PDA

View Full Version : Question about CST, is it any better ???

Ground_Round
21-12-07, 20:53
When I came back for the free time a few months ago constructing was really horrible, after some huge complaining from the players it was sort of fixed... Sort of...

But TBH my fully capped constructor cannot make stuff nearly as good as he did back in 2.0 when he had far less skill.

Just as an example, after the fix-up for CST a few months ago, it took me 35 tries to make a storebought TL90 raygun with 4 slots, fully capped, chipped, drugged and I was in a friggin CST bonus OP... (lol, nerf-o-matic gun wasn't worth a crap anyway)

I don't even want to admit to myself how many tries it took to get a half way decent HC Ray Canon... :o

I put a lot of work into making him and I felt like even the fixed version pretty much left him for dead.

I don't want to lom either I have two accounts full of fighters and I don't need another :(

So I guess the question is:

Has anything been done to make this better or should I just forget about it ??

I have a pile of tech parts and I can't stomach the thought of making a bunch more crappy guns/spells not worth my time and effort.

I'm seriously not whining, the patch looks awesome from a community standpoint and if you are happy that is great but I don't want to go through the frustration again that made me cancel last time.

Just hit me with the truth please...

Thanks.

Mighty Max
21-12-07, 21:05
It has been improved.
But i still wouldn't recomment a conster as the main char.

The average build quality has been lowerd for the removement of the hard build cap (the stat increase does raise for every point you put in and is no more limited to 9x%) However the higher you get with the cst skill the smaller the gain from each new point (soft-capping)

Faid
22-12-07, 02:50
The chances of slots on any build is still completely random which is still absurdly rediculous! You should build better stuff with more construct skill! The same as you do more damage with higher combat skills, it just doesn't make sense why they do it this way.

Ground_Round
22-12-07, 04:14
It has been improved.
But i still wouldn't recomment a conster as the main char.

The average build quality has been lowerd for the removement of the hard build cap (the stat increase does raise for every point you put in and is no more limited to 9x%) However the higher you get with the cst skill the smaller the gain from each new point (soft-capping)

Sigh... That makes me sad, means every decent gun from a BP will cost millions to make, not to mention the hassle and frustration.

I want to use my TPs but I'm scared it will all turn out crappy...

Making him a pure constructor forced me to sacrifice any other skill he could possibly be useful at, I was really hoping that would pay off by at least allowing him to make decent stuff.

LOL, I forgot to add that on the 35 try Raygun I was also buffed with CST2, I had everything in the universe running and it didn't help at all...

I will try one more time just because I love the character and his little life in Neocron so much but I have the feeling that it will be as bad as last time.

Fingers crossed, but doubtful.

Have happy holidays and I really hope the upswing in NC population continues because it is a really great game that deserves to have a bigger playerbase.

Glok
22-12-07, 08:03
You only built 35? Bah. I built 200 TL44 assault rifles the other day to get a 4 slot. :lol: :(

The slots aren't my issue though, I make money csting, the issue is time.. since when does even building WP9s take 15 seconds or so? So annoying. :/

Faid
22-12-07, 19:30
It really is sad, I can't even tell you how many 0 slot rares I've thrown on the ground in disgust after building them, as they are completely useless and pointless. The only thing I can reccomend would be to farm the hell out of the doy tunnels and stock up on slot enhancers. I have a stockpile that I use to build non rare stuff because I can't be arsed to sit there all day making hundreds of weapons that 95% of will be useless.

Doc Holliday
22-12-07, 21:01
It really is sad, I can't even tell you how many 0 slot rares I've thrown on the ground in disgust after building them, as they are completely useless and pointless. The only thing I can reccomend would be to farm the hell out of the doy tunnels and stock up on slot enhancers. I have a stockpile that I use to build non rare stuff because I can't be arsed to sit there all day making hundreds of weapons that 95% of will be useless.

if its a duff weapon sell it off to the right vendor with a barter and turn a nice profit. then sell off the nice ones for millions like everyone else in this game does ;)

Heavyporker
22-12-07, 22:34
A pure constructor does not equate to being completely useless at all other skills.

There's the DEX tradeskills, at least, not to forget VHC. Plus, don't you at least get the chance to use nanites to help a team out in lieu of a PPU in terms of healing and partial anti-buffing or anti-flame/poison?

edit - can't find shit about nanite in techhaven.org. WTF?

Eternal Pink
23-12-07, 01:47
Well when i tested it i found you could cap all bp buildable stuff at 231 cst, but you do need a lot more now than ya did in 2.1

Ground_Round
23-12-07, 02:24
Well when i tested it i found you could cap all bp buildable stuff at 231 cst, but you do need a lot more now than ya did in 2.1

LOL, I'm somewhere around 300 CST drugged and an OP and still can't construct worth a damn any more.

Oh well, I guess I will try some DOY tunnels now that the spawn density is reduced.

William Antrim
23-12-07, 16:10
LOL, I'm somewhere around 300 CST drugged and an OP and still can't construct worth a damn any more.

Oh well, I guess I will try some DOY tunnels now that the spawn density is reduced.

I built a fully artifact 3 slot Desperado yesterday with 305 construction. I mean it was artifact before I put the mods in. This happens quite often for me. ;)

flib
23-12-07, 17:18
I do like that 5-slot weapons are special things that you don't see a whole lot of.

Faid
23-12-07, 18:14
I too like the rarity of 5 slot weapons, but what I don't like is the fact that a guy with 100 less construct can build things just as good, if not better than, a purely capped constructer. It just doesn't make sense why they do it that way.
But this has been brought up before, and like everything else, was ignored and forgotten about by KK.