PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] [d5g] Dirty Nickel Grinders Mission and Recruitment Policies

hivemind
21-12-07, 17:59
I've already fielded a ton of inquiries via PM here and in-game, so I figured it was time to just make a post about us.

Dirty Nickel Grinders are a clan from the start of retail on the Uranus server. The core of the clan is made up of a group of gamers from the Mohawk Valley Gaming Club (http://www.mvgc.net) in central New York, USA, but we take members from anywhere, and don't discriminate by race, gender or nationality - we give everyone a hard time equally. :)

We have members interested in PvE and loot, and members interested in PvP. To this end, we'll take anyone who is willing to fight, or anyone who is willing to farm to support the fighters. Tradeskillers aren't second-class citizens, but they are expected to act like support characters, not soloers. Most members choose to contribute most, if not all, of their "loot" to the clan, so that we can better equip everyone. The point of a clan, after all, is to support and look out for each other.

As members of the Proto Pharma faction, we are very flexible in who we can ally with and work with. As our only two hostile factions are NEXT and Tsunami (both inconsequential and weak factions), we are free to work with City Mercs one day, Twilight Guardian the next, and City Admin the day after that. We also enjoy a strategic alliance with the Black Dragon, which can be a source of entertainment, profit or frustration, depending on the circumstances. Of course, this can bring issues of soullight, but as we tend to keep our fighting out of the city, this is typically a minor matter to contend with.

Towards the end of our time on Uranus (around 2003), we operated completely as a mercenary clan - our members even ran around with tags above their head reading things like: "Runner for Hire - Please DM me!", "Hacker for Hire", "PPU for Hire", etc. We do not typically have the manpower to take and hold any outposts for more than a day or two, as our core players don't get on until about midnight GMT, but if membership permits we will do so. Whose to take is another matter entirely. :)

If you're interested in joining up or just running with us, you can catch anyone in-game, here, or at the MVGC forums anytime you'd like. New members of [d5g] will obviously go through a probationary period, but provided all four of your characters are in [d5g], you prove yourself trustworthy, and you're not an idiot, your probationary period will be short. Be aware that we don't have a pot to piss in right now - what little cash we had went to buying the clan key and buying some rares from Logan's Emporium, so if you'r elooking to get in on the ground floor - well, the second floor, at least - this is the time to join. If you're looking to join the instant powerhouse clan, we ain't it - right now. ;)

Hope that clears up some stuff for people. See you on the street.

Jest
21-12-07, 18:41
Always glad to see representation from the lesser played factions. Good luck with the clan hive. :)

hivemind
21-12-07, 19:11
There's less point to it now that TG isn't in the canyon anymore, as one of the huge advantages of PP before was being able to walk right into the canyon. :(

Even so, PP is who we work for.

megavoid
21-12-07, 19:15
Welcome back and good luck with your clan!

If you need some assistance feel free to contact us, maybe we can help out a bit here and there... ;)

Danny

hivemind
21-12-07, 19:18
The best help anyone could offer us, out side of outright charity, is to hire us on for some fighting. We'd be happy to just be cannon fodder right now, just to get back in the action. We'd also be happy to provide a PPU or two, or to send a small force to hack another OP as a distraction during a fight, or to ninja hack OPs after CET prime time.

Anything you need, we'll take care of it. For a reasonable price, of course. And right now, we're so broke that our prices are pretty reasonable. :)

THE_TICK!!!!
21-12-07, 22:15
SUP sexy, once i get a computer back i might toss a d00d your way, meandmine are always lookin for some fun :) good to see ya doing some shizzle

Matanius
21-12-07, 22:20
There's less point to it now that TG isn't in the canyon anymore I thought that TG had been moved back to the canyon?

PS. Tis good to see more clannage, especially when it's a more obscure faction :)

hivemind
21-12-07, 22:30
Are TG back in the canyon? That'd be great, but I can tell you that on patch day, my TG PE walked out of his apartment into Outzone Station.

megavoid
22-12-07, 02:12
Yep they are! Technically... new clan appartments are located in the canyon. The old ones (like ours) had been moved to outzone station... :(

Danny

P.S.: Maybe we can arrange a training for you guys, have you hack one of our ops and have a fight or two just to get you back in motion! ;)

Riddle
22-12-07, 13:24
Welcome runner,

I welcome the birth of a new clan as an oportunity for business as well as war.

Here at <<Logan's Emporium>> we offer

a comprehensive repair service, trusted by runners for quality and assurance

a full range of non-rare weapons for increasing battle skills (2 slots +)

a special order service, want 50 of something? we're the place to go

a selection of high end rare weapons, although fast moving lines due to the increase in the battlefront activity, if i'm out your on the call list when it turns up.

A full range of Wetware (Level 3) Brain, Eyes, Tradegloves etc.

and a selection of the infamous MC5 implants, again subject to availability.

I wish you every success in putting PP back in the running!

Good Hunting Runner,

Logan.

*ooc
Welocme Back in game!

My dealings with you so far have made a refreshing change tbh, Until you have your tradeskillers up to speed feel free to drop by and put an order or two in with my Emporium :)

Doc Holliday
22-12-07, 16:18
with what appears to be the current inability of tangent to fight clan vs clan and not bring the whole house you might find you will end up with a few requests for mercs for hire. Or u might find TG more attractive. Officially also tg are back in the canyon. you just gotta buy an appartment there mate.

I offered u outright charity save for the fact i dont seem to get on when you are on but i still have a fair bit of stuff i dont mind donating if needed.

On a side note thanks to danny and the grim guys and girls for coming last night to fight the horde when asked. sadly they had to bring even more in the end but hey the faction relations are nc1 why dont we bring back all the lame zerg tactics that nc1 was known for as well.

i know theres gonna be a few names pop up here so please dont hijack this thread and try and flame me or hive will get angry. you wont like him when hes angry.

Basically thats the situation hive. we will negotiate payment in due course

PS.

why dont u just send recruits in to nf and bash them about ? see how they are :)

OpTi
23-12-07, 00:36
i've resubbed but i have no idea what i should skill and i have zero cash, i just wanna start opwaring again :/

megavoid
23-12-07, 03:09
with what appears to be the current inability of tangent to fight clan vs clan and not bring the whole house...

Well, the situation calmed down a lot today and some new things transpired... I guess Volde and Jini will be furious that we have lame-taken back the OPs they lame-took yesterday. We just attacked WRLD with "a few more" than they had on and didn't stop as they didn't stop yesterday when it was made clear that we were unable to defend anything. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

We had some furious WRLD-members that gave us a good fight in the end anyway and when they did we stopped harassing them further, of course. We rezzed the one that did not take the gr and had a nice chat.

Later we were attacked by AD, won a good fight, got involved with SXR who valiantly defended as well, got attacked and bashed by AD once more and finally lost Krupp to them in one of the best fights I've fought in the last few weeks. No shittalking, no bad losers on either side.... that's the way we like it! ;)

Danny

Tickles
23-12-07, 04:09
Later we were attacked by AD, won a good fight, got involved with SXR who valiantly defended as well, got attacked and bashed by AD once more and finally lost Krupp to them in one of the best fights I've fought in the last few weeks. No shittalking, no bad losers on either side.... that's the way we like it! ;)

Danny

Yeh was an awesome fight. Best one in weeks for me too, altho us guys keep getting distracted into our mini-fights, not keeping on the target! Hacking worked for once as well (definite miracle)

Keep it up, GRIM!

Parallax