PDA

View Full Version : Help with a low-tech RC PE

MkVenner
21-12-07, 04:17
Ok so as some of you may have noticed I'm back, but I don't know my arsehole from my elbow as to what the hell is going on and I'm scared to spend any of my points incase I arse it up...

So I was wondering if anyone could give me any input on this set-up, it's probly completly arse-about-tit so give it to me straight lol :p

http://dan1987.googlepages.com/mkv.jpg

Thanks

Glok
21-12-07, 04:53
Quick thoughts -

You don't need nearly that much psi use, 10-15 base will do it, it's just for pool now, and even spies can runcast heal with 0 psi use.

You need poison, all weapon classes can be modded for poison now.

I'm tempted to say more agility, but you have 66 ath so.. though that will drop if you respec for poison.

You want more than 600 hlt.. go for 850-900. (health was totally reworked, 800 is the minimum I would go for)

hivemind
21-12-07, 05:48
You pretty much HAVE to drug to be competitive - if only to activate your MC5 and PA. Your initial thoughts were exactly what mine were: heavy on the Inquisition armor, use the CON saved there by speccing low fire resist to balance out the other stuff. Unfortunately, you quickly find out that you get more balanced results (and overall better) by speccing with Monk armor. You also NEED to get the Regant's PA rather than the standard PE PA.

Assuming you're using a Pain Easer like I am, here's my setup:

http://cs.sunyit.edu/~haldend/hivemind.jpg

Hope that helps. I haven't fought much yet to know if it's really any good, but I know it's do-able, especially if you already have the MC5 chip.

MotorMike
21-12-07, 10:07
if you go on lowtech rc you have to take the ionic shotgun (her aim is abit lousy but the damage is great ) but that wepon needs 97 dex so you got 2 dex less ( witch you could drug ) but i would get out the distance3 an put in an bally 3 or cord 3 ( i gues you push up for 98 dex)

i tryt the low tech rc pe for a long time an for me personly the ionic / termi or an despo works best ( you now got with 98 that new aka woc rc too )

another good non woc setup was RoG/ ionic/termi if you are on tc :cool:

CMaster
21-12-07, 12:49
What gun are you going for?
Because either you're either over or under reaching at the moment.
I was a desperado setup (desperado is fun, but the damage it does doesn't justify the lack of resits on a PE), have now swung the other way and gone for Terminator (so down to 0 MC5s from 2 and up to 2 resist chips). Best, if you can handle the weapon is probably the ionic shotgun rifle. Moto 3/DIP/SF/PPR/Dex booster 3 (exp reflex doesn't provide any real advantage in this setup and has worse nerfs)/regant rifle PA/redflash. Also, you'd do well to consider having the 75HLT needed to use the TL40 nanite tool - far better healing. I do this by using paretemol x-forte (the drug that if you aren't using, your're at a PVP disadvantge). Personally, I'd always take a second resist chip rather than a long distance CPU, but thats a personal call I guess.

Edit:hmm, seems I may be wrong about that reflexbooster comment.

CMaster
21-12-07, 13:08
NB: All these setups have nanites used to represent a Blessed Deflector/Absorber/Protector psi shield set, freshly cast.

http://cmaster.linxsoft.co.uk/images/forumstuff/termi%20PE.jpg
http://cmaster.linxsoft.co.uk/images/forumstuff/ionic%20shotgun%20PE.jpg
http://cmaster.linxsoft.co.uk/images/forumstuff/desperado%20PE.jpg

As a result I've just realised I didn't nede to have been using redflash on my PE for the past few months. D'oh!

Edit: Hmm, interesting bug. All the different nanites are set to different strengths, to represent the different shield strengths. Yet the character sheet doesn't reflect that. StevenJ? Get over here!

StevenJ
21-12-07, 13:40
Edit: Hmm, interesting bug. All the different nanites are set to different strengths, to represent the different shield strengths. Yet the character sheet doesn't reflect that. StevenJ? Get over here!

Feature!

-update already halfway through, should be 'soon' ;) Cheers for the bug report.

/Edit - actually, that is by design, come to think of it! It's a remnant from when there was going to be a distinction between psi shields and nanites, and nanites were assumed to be all the same TL, hence same protection.

So, it's bad design, rather than programming...

which is much worse... :(

CMaster
21-12-07, 14:37
bad post, delete please

hivemind
21-12-07, 15:38
Yeah, I know nothing about nanites yet. Don't even own a tool on anyone. Totally clueless, and don't have any money to throw at figuring it out. :(

William Antrim
21-12-07, 15:47
The short explanation on nannites is 3 tools.

Nannite protection tool (various levels - top end ones are tl86 and tl100)

I think pes can use the 2nd level ones but not the end ones (my pe not lomed yet so dont know really).

This tool gives you different resists - you can squirt up to 6 squirts of nannites into you at any one time (so for example 3x nrg and 3x piercing etc) and you get a % bonus per squirt on top of your resists (resist will not stack with psi shields however so its either or).

Nannite pyroliser thing - removes nannites currently in the blood stream afaik.

Nannite heal tool - runs on heal nannites - high end one is biotech fsm Con 40 and 75 body health hence the paretomol x-forte reference.

I have not fully tested all of this and do not profess to know it all but this is a rough guide. You also need one tool per set of nannites you want to inject into yourself. (one for fire, one for poison, one for xray etc).

Dribble Joy
21-12-07, 16:15
Don't worry about the shield nanites with a PE, go for the tl 40 heal one and stick with your shields.

I've not heard great things about the ion shotgun rifle, I'd say stick with the painy.