PDA

View Full Version : New Runner - Suggestions please

jonnyboy21
21-12-07, 00:52
Hi
I have an account from about 2 years ago, and I have returned to give the game another go. I made a character Jon-Spy who is a spy believe it or not, a driver for CityAdmin. I am currently doing the job that guy Mr Jones asks you to do but after this, what do you suggest a newbie like me does to get going in the game please? i left the game last time out of boredom because i just didnt know what else to do

Dribble Joy
21-12-07, 01:22
Do you want to be a full-time driver? If so you will get rather bored.

I suggest either making another character to do other things with (going back to the original for driving jobs) or to branch out with your current one. Like rifles or something. A clan is allways a good way of doing stuff.

jonnyboy21
21-12-07, 01:27
How can I branch out my current driver so that he does other professions too then please?

Dribble Joy
21-12-07, 01:38
Well you don't need much more than what.... 80 odd VHC? You can easily become a low-tech rifle user along with that.

jonnyboy21
21-12-07, 02:12
Sorry Im not familiar with the terms at the moment because I've been away for ages. What are VHC please and how do i become a low-tech user with them :p

cMz
21-12-07, 02:28
The starting profession does not limit you to do only that thing.

Profession is more or less only used to give you a jones mission, that in the end will give you an item. If you choose driver, you will be given a vehicle.

You can put skillpoints into whatever you like.
If you want to be a low tech something, you dont put points in to the High-Tech skill (T-C).

Like it was said before, you can use a little points in VHC (The skill to drive vehicles), and put most of the rest into a combat skill, like R-C (Rifle) or P-C (Pistol).

You should check out www.techhaven.org (http://www.techhaven.org) to see requirements for different items.

jonnyboy21
21-12-07, 02:34
Thanks. How do you transfer skill points (when I have enough VHC) to a rifle for example?

Glok
21-12-07, 02:45
You don't need to 'transfer' them, say when you have 80 in VHC just stop and start putting the new skillpoints from gaining a level elsewhere.

Unused skills also don't ever go down from disuse so don't worry about that.

One more thing.. you might have a hard time levelling with no weapon skills. You should find a tank to gun a vehicle while you drive about in it if you're not going to spec pistol or rifle right away.

jonnyboy21
21-12-07, 02:46
Right i think im beginning to understand. And how do I earn VHC?

cMz
21-12-07, 08:17
You get XP for doing things.

If you fire a DEX based weapon, you will get DEX XP, and a little for some of the other mainskills, like INT, STR, PSI and CON.

If you fire a STR based weapon, you will get STR XP, and a little for some og the other skills.

CON you get from getting hit by something.

You can also get DEX XP by constructing, or by driving a vehicle.
When you have enough to gain a mainlevel in DEX, you get 5 skillpoints in DEX to spend on any of the skills under DEX.
You can choose to put all in one skill or distribute them around.

To begin, I would put something into a weapon skill, because hitting things with a weapon is the easiest way to get XP, I think.
Driving a vehicle with a gun, and a gunner that is teamed with yoy will also give you XP.

Hope this helps a little.

Riddle
21-12-07, 11:45
Grab me when you see me in game "Logan Ford CST" advertised as <<Logan's Emporium>> and I will sort you out with a few Rifles to start you off, Free of course;)

Zheo
23-12-07, 00:11
Please contact Zheodaine ingame I have a gift for you. Use the city com to send me an ingame mail or post on here, about what times your usually on along with time zone ofc.

Zheo.

jonnyboy21
23-12-07, 01:05
hi zheo thats really nice of you my username on the game is Jon-Spy so add me to your buddy list? Im on most evenings in GMT time