PDA

View Full Version : Player Shops after all (kind of)?

Selendor
20-12-07, 14:14
So I was reading this article ( C&VG Article (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=178041) ) and it mentions a new officially sanctioned real-currency trading site ( Live Gamer (http://www.livegamer.com/) ). Fair enough I thought, not relevant to Neocron as its small fish, but I notice that 10tacle is mentioned both in the article and on the site as being a partner.

So does this mean that we will be able to trade Neocron items very soon? Hope so, can't find a H-C MC5 anywhere ;)

Glok
20-12-07, 15:14
The virtual item market is worth $1.8 billion annually, according to to a June New York Times article.For serious? wtf. :o

Riddle
20-12-07, 17:33
Only a matter of time before someone grabbed this baby....Would mean a major overhaul of all standard agreements etc.

But then if you got the money and it doesn't radically affect in game balance then who cares if you want to buy your stuff with real $???

DON'T Open the gates to professional Farmers who have been known to lock down entire areas of some games.....

MC5 would SUCK if you hade some group of (Insert nation of choice) Farmers in there 24/7, leaving ALL players with no option other than to buy those items for real $$

Brammers
20-12-07, 18:20
Ok 10t listed as a partner, where does KK and Neocron come into this is the next question?

Having the ability to buy stuff or NC ingame using real money would be a bad thing. The Economy could potentially be completely screwed over.

The ability to earn cash and items should be decided ingame with your own skills, not out of game with who has the biggest wallet.

L0KI
20-12-07, 18:40
The ability to earn cash and items should be decided ingame with your own skills, not out of game with who has the biggest wallet.

Correct.

I think it would kill the economy - which isn't at it's best as it is. It seems the real currency at present is unressed tech parts...

Bozz-Von Mel
20-12-07, 19:48
MC5 would SUCK if you hade some group of (Insert nation of choice) Farmers in there 24/7, leaving ALL players with no option other than to buy those items for real $$ Don't be afraid to say Chinese. IF you play Eve you know why. Though it kind of helps in Eve because they do the tasks that are rather boring.

One of the nicest things about neocron is that there are few or no "farmers" such as these.

hivemind
20-12-07, 20:12
Correct.

I think it would kill the economy - which isn't at it's best as it is. It seems the real currency at present is unressed tech parts...
I've done OK thus far with cash. Is there a cash value set for unressed techs? I can see where they could be useful as currency, but I can also see where they're not. What's the going rate on Terra?

500,000 nc = 10 unressed tech part = one part you want/need/good part ?

50,000 nc = 1 unressed tech ?

More? Less? Different?

Matanius
20-12-07, 21:16
Unless something has radically changed 50k is going rate for unressed tech parts although pre-patch some people were having trouble shifting them for even 35k a pop due to the ridiculous drop rate on the Regants mobs and Ceres troopers.

People tend to shove a little discount on the price when selling in bulk too.

Doc Holliday
20-12-07, 21:49
I've done OK thus far with cash. Is there a cash value set for unressed techs? I can see where they could be useful as currency, but I can also see where they're not. What's the going rate on Terra?

500,000 nc = 10 unressed tech part = one part you want/need/good part ?

50,000 nc = 1 unressed tech ?

More? Less? Different?

what mat said. however u will find some people who take trades on a 1 for 1 basis or will part with cash or accept cash if trades cant be conducted.