PDA

View Full Version : Changing Faction

hivemind
16-12-07, 02:23
So, in our efforts to rebuild Dirty Nickel Grinders, we're trying to get all our chars back to Proto Pharma. This is proving harder than I remembered. Somehow, faction HQs are now safe zones, so I can't gank faction guards anymore for sympathy. I can't take PP missions because, while they're a friendly faction to me right now (my tank's BD), I have -24 sympathy with PP.

How the heck do I gain faction sympathy with PP?

CMaster
16-12-07, 02:32
As of Patch 166 (http://www.techhaven.org/resources/nc2-patch-notes/patch-166-notes.html), the are only two ways to gain foreign faction sympathy:
1. Wait. After a sufficently long period of time, all sympathies below 10 float back to 10. Emphasis on long, especially as the futher from 0, the longer it takes.
2. Missions. Any citycom mission (any) will gain 1 sympathy per mission completed. Very Easy recycle are the easiet to acheive, just stock up on solantium/merritium/arillium. If your symps are too low to do citycom missions, there are a bunch of missions you can take from TH, from a certain NPC for each faction to boost your sympathy. Yo have to hunt down relativly high level anarchy breed, in various wasteland sectors.

hivemind
16-12-07, 05:05
Thanks CMaster. That's a big help.

Mr Kot
16-12-07, 13:12
If your sympathy is -24 you won't be able to take citycom missions.

Go to TH2 and talk to the Corporate Contact for PP. He'll give you a mission regardless of your standing with them and you'll get +5 symp and some SL at the end.

Better take along some help though; it's no walk in the park.

Matanius
16-12-07, 13:30
Is it just me that thinks that Hive needs to go through something of a grind just to get to the faction that he wants? I understand that it's not supposed to be easy and I wouldn't want it to be. Just seems a bit much.

Mr Kot
16-12-07, 14:22
Could be worse.. he could be at -94 not -24

Just knuckle down for an hour or two and he'll soon be able to do rats in sewers again.

Doc Holliday
16-12-07, 16:18
idleing over night will sort out -24 honestly

William Antrim
16-12-07, 17:09
idleing over night will sort out -24 honestly

QFT.

For example, I have a char that I have idled for the last 36 hours (he has gained about 15 points of sympathy now. He has gone from -50 to -35 or so in that time). After you hit -32 however it speeds up no end. I think the last few points go from 0-10 in about an hour or two per point.

hivemind
16-12-07, 20:12
Is it just me that thinks that Hive needs to go through something of a grind just to get to the faction that he wants? I understand that it's not supposed to be easy and I wouldn't want it to be. Just seems a bit much.
It's not just my PE either; my tank is in Black Dragon and my PPU followed -uTs- to Tsunami from TG and is still there, as well as my PE still being TG.

But if I can just idle them overnight (barring crashes, etc.) to get those negative symps up a little bit, I'll try that first. I have to do the PP epic on Bus Driver anyways to buy a clan key, so I'll play him for now in the evenings, then log on one of the other three to idle overnight. Hopefully all of us can have it all sorted by next weekend - trying to coordinate everything between six guys with no clan chat and no clan apartment is a pain... :(

Jubaku
16-12-07, 20:14
There's Six of us?

I'll be happy just to get my guys back :/ There's only so many times I can LOM this "trial account" to hack to go fishing for rares :lol:

Doc Holliday
16-12-07, 20:40
"borrow" a ventrilo server or use team invites while your all online. that helps. idling does work though as i said. its the best way.

hivemind
21-12-07, 15:34
To revisit this thread, rather than opening a new one...

It takes me about 35-45 hours of idling to get my faction sympathies from -24 to 8-ish, where I can start doing the easy recycle missions.

The easy recycle missions are by far the fastest way to get to 50 for a change. Buy Solantium, Meritium and Arrilium at about a 3:2:1 ratio - fill your gogu. You need enough to do 42 missions, and you can't be sure exactly how many of which one you need. The entire mission happend in the faction HQ (at least it does for PP), and even better, you don't have to do it in order. You can take the mission, turn in the chems, then talk to the "first" guy who gives you your faction symp and ends the quest. This means that there's really just one circular trip in PP HQ, and you only have to do it one way - up. From top to bottom you can jump off the balcony into Chez Sypher.

Faid
21-12-07, 17:40
It's been a while since we've had a PP clan about, finally a faction that is allied with BT :D

Anthax
21-12-07, 18:19
They ought to reset people's symps before making it near impossible to get it back up again.

Glok
21-12-07, 18:58
How do you get those TH reps to give you missions? All they do is spit at me. :(

Cromac
21-12-07, 22:30
They ought to reset people's symps before making it near impossible to get it back up again.

QFT this is what I've been saying, for my ppu I want in BD I can only Idle, and with random synchs and fatals it's nigh impossible to get anywhere with my symp. I have tried leaving it on overnight but unfortunatly my connection to the game never lasts very long.

So it's proving quicker to make a new char from scratch....

hivemind
21-12-07, 22:34
The disconnects are frustrating. I've taken to logging on whatever char I want to idle when I'm done for the night, checking it again in the morning before work, again at lunchtime, and again right when I arrive home.

Faid
22-12-07, 02:47

Maybe just reset the negative ones not the positive, I would hate to lose all the positive symp I have with the various different factions

landofcake
22-12-07, 12:57
Can i join your clan ? heh