PDA

View Full Version : Apartment furniture all gone

HOG
15-12-07, 21:38
I guess me an a handful of other people have lost everything in their apartments on Terra. Anyone else having the same problem?

Apocalypsox
15-12-07, 21:43
Not just your furniture, everything is missing from the cabs as well.

Hurry up with the Rollback, KK.

HOG
15-12-07, 21:44
I hope they dont have to rollback:(

Faid
15-12-07, 21:46
Wow yeah, all my stuff is gone... Please fix this fast

goat
15-12-07, 21:47
Yeah everything I own was in my apt and is now gone........all my apt furniture, trophies, my cabs full of all my weapons, imps, armor, ect............................................... :(

Glok
15-12-07, 21:49
"Unfortunately, the last database backup was at 12:00 midnight CET on Dec 3." <-- How much you wanna bet?

Crap. I'd rather not even see my stuff gone at all so I'm not logging in for the time being. :/

Voodoo_Magic
15-12-07, 21:54
They backup every 24hours, 5pm there time, 4pm uk time

Faid
15-12-07, 21:54
Im going to fucking kill someone if I lose the 5 slot HL I just built last night :mad: Had it safely stowed away in my 5 slot rares appy.

Zheo
15-12-07, 21:55
I think they backup more frequently than once a fortnight, but possibly monday then.

Glok
15-12-07, 21:58
They backup every 24hours, 5pm there time, 4pm uk timeYeah? Hmm I guess that's not so bad.

Setlec
15-12-07, 22:01
please roll back!!!! plz!!!! to many items.

msressi
15-12-07, 22:03
Yes everything gone logged in at 14:30 GMT Saturday, all was here
went AFK came back at 14:45 gmt and all is gone in ALL appts :confused:

Yelly
15-12-07, 22:11
over 100 rare weapons gone ^^ gogo KK

Rob01m
15-12-07, 22:12
Happened to me too. :(

Matanius
15-12-07, 22:12
Was about to log on and play but not sure there's gonna be much point if there's a possibility of a rollback.

Faid
15-12-07, 22:14
the problem isnt that your stuff is gone because theyre just going to roll the appy's back to the last backup taken, the problem is if you put anything at all of any value in your appy after that backup was taken, hence you will lose anything you put in itlike the 5 slot hl i built last night :mad:

msressi
15-12-07, 22:16
Then u will have the parts back at least plus it depends on if u put it there before the last back up or after
Also it may just go back to your inventory

Faid
15-12-07, 22:18
wow, really Ill have a set of parts back? That means I can just build another 5 slot easy right? I built it about 3 am est, which was about 12 hrs ago. I've only been trying to build a stupid 5 slot for a couple years now, i guess its no big deal.

Setlec
15-12-07, 22:21
well tbh i'm not sure that you will rebuild it as a 5 slot... but you 'll get the parts back yes

Voodoo_Magic
15-12-07, 22:23
wow, really Ill have a set of parts back? That means I can just build another 5 slot easy right? I built it about 3 am est, which was about 12 hrs ago. I've only been trying to build a stupid 5 slot for a couple years now, i guess its no big deal.

Correct. No big deal.

The very FIRST Holy Light i had built was a 5 slot!

Faid
15-12-07, 22:24
I was being sarcastic setlec, a set of rare parts is pointless as most of us know and building a 5 slot rare is quite unusual, given KK's retarded "random slots" method of tradeskilling.

Setlec
15-12-07, 22:28
hmmm indeed! lol

cheers

Jipz
15-12-07, 22:33
ok an official comment pls?
I wanna xp but with a rollback...

Rob01m
15-12-07, 22:38
Yeah... the question of a rollback really puts a damper on the game.

Glok
15-12-07, 22:40
Or you could go get -100 SL...

extant
15-12-07, 22:44
back to see how the games changed, all my shit in my apts are gone.. gg.

i'll be back in a couple days to see if shits changed again, sort the shit plz.

msressi
15-12-07, 23:18
As I said it all depends when u put it and where and how far they have to roll back.
Atm there is no sense in doing anything on Terra, I am sure they have to do a rollback. And not only of the appts but of all of us.

So far what we know is that all appts and contents have been emptied. The base stuff on furnished appts is still there but contents are gone.
The appts which had a runner in them at the time (in my case 2) are still intact.

And they are working on it so hang on and dont panic :angel:

Hoder
15-12-07, 23:43
And they are working on it so hang on and dont panic :angel:
That is true.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience and the timing of all this, but rest assured we are aware of the scale of the problem and all wheels are being put into motion to fix it.

You can be sure that more info will be posted here as soon as we know anything. As this is a proven server-wide problem, there is no need to put in any more GM tickets at this stage.

In the meantime, Mars and Mercury are still working ok so you can continue to decorate your apartments there until we've sorted things Terra side.

Glok
15-12-07, 23:50
Hoder I've been meaning to ask.. what the heck is your sig? It looks like gobbledegook to me, am I missing a language pack?

Zero Count
16-12-07, 00:00
Hoder I've been meaning to ask.. what the heck is your sig? It looks like gobbledegook to me, am I missing a language pack?

Turn it upside down ;)

Glok
16-12-07, 00:12
Turn it upside down ;)But it's half boxes...

SorkZmok
16-12-07, 00:19
Oh no.

I just bought me a new apartment today and spent a good 5 hours on transfering and sorting all my stuff.

This is killing me. :(

Why does crap like this always happen in the worst moment?

All the old people are back right now and prolly gonna quit over such crap. :mad:

Glok
16-12-07, 00:21
I spent maybe 12 hours csting stuff the last day or so.. me too. :(

Apocalypsox
16-12-07, 00:21
...So im really curious. Why is it always Terra that bites the shit? :confused:

minsc
16-12-07, 01:34
But it's half boxes...

¿ʇı ǝsnqɐ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ǝpoɔıun sı pooƃ ʇɐɥʍ

It says, what good is unicode if you can't abuse it.

Glok
16-12-07, 01:38
Oh. Neat. It looks like a wheel of fortune phrase with half the letters missing to me.. is it my browser or was I supposed to figure it out? Curse me if I'm stupid. :o

Rage
16-12-07, 01:59
Oh no.

I just bought me a new apartment today and spent a good 5 hours on transfering and sorting all my stuff.

This is killing me. :(

Why does crap like this always happen in the worst moment?

All the old people are back right now and prolly gonna quit over such crap. :mad:

Hell I just got back or started back yesterday (was pretty lost) then saw all my P-C chips turn Rifle. Its a harsh "Welcome Back" if i have to replace a MC5 chip >_>;

After that, shyt went *boom* on my a$$. This is pretty bad but not to unexpected as every patch has its flaws but still...

I honestly think they should redo the MC5 trade if they have so many people starting within the last week and ouch if they were a P-C class AND they already knew the bug existed or effected that item. As for the Apts.. "rollback" I guess

Powerpunsh
16-12-07, 02:02
when is kk going to fix it?

keeiL
16-12-07, 02:10
I honestly think they should redo the MC5 trade if they have so many people starting within the last week...

Totally agree... if KK ever want to get the new players to get a feel of the new patch. they need to gear up fast. I hear people allover that ask why they have rifle DIP when they had SA back in 2.1 or earlier. Let them at least have the chanse to trade to CCP.

StevenJ
16-12-07, 02:17
Just to add -our tech clan is now gone :(

turbineS-line
16-12-07, 02:24
Totally agree... if KK ever want to get the new players to get a feel of the new patch. they need to gear up fast.

If anyone remembers the 2.2 launch, the quoted above is exactly the same thing that was said last time.

It got to the point where the problems were so bad. Heals all jacked up, gameplay bugged to hell and back, and so on, people were saying KK should give more extended time to players because they were messing up so bad.

Every time (Second time?) KK has re-activated all the old accounts (BIG patches?) the server populations go up, and there is ALWAYS huge problems. Period. It works like clockwork.

I have to say though, if KK does not play some public-relations damage control, they are going to lose some of the best population percentages I have seen in NC in a LONG while. This is the PERFECT chance for the old players to come back peroid. We are seeing higher percentages of players actually USING their free month of gameplay, compared to the original 2.2

Let's hope we can capture the players. BP and NC both depend on it.

Apocalypsox
16-12-07, 02:31
KK, any ETA? Its been fucked all day, and i really wanna play NC! Im not going to though until i know there isnt gonna be a full rollback

danmalone
16-12-07, 02:43
im hoping this isnt going to be a complete rollback if any, i made a new char and am half way to cap :( would be seriously annoying if it was to become none existant again :mad:

Phillip-
16-12-07, 03:18
I bet it will be a roll back this exact thing happened a couple years ago and there was a rollback because of a database problem.

http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=130360&page=1&pp=15

I just hope they have backed it up recently :(

danmalone
16-12-07, 03:31
I bet it will be a roll back this exact thing happened a couple years ago and there was a rollback because of a database problem.

http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=130360&page=1&pp=15

I just hope they have backed it up recently :(

im hoping this isnt going to be treated in the same way, i would be severely severely peeved off :mad:

daralzand
16-12-07, 03:42
well there goes 200m of woc exp and woc implementation and woc pistol armour x2 and doing the xbow mission 2 times and the regents pistol/rifle mission twice.

great work

msressi
16-12-07, 03:43
Well guys it happened today between 14:30 and 14:45 EST (which is 5 hrs behind GMT) the last save should have been the day before
They backup every 24 hrs afaik :angel:

trigger hurt
16-12-07, 05:19
wow this is familiar.

I remember this happening back to me prior to nc2, on saturn.

hence the signature.

sucks to lose items.

They backup every 24 hrs afaik

Ahahaha...yeah right. Maybe they've changed something, but I doubt it.

The last big rollback I remember was approximately 3 weeks. I lost a fully capped char, a couple MC5 imps and some multislotted rare weapons I decided to batch build prior to NC2 release because I couldn't carry them over.

aKe`cj
16-12-07, 05:55
The last big rollback I remember was approximately 3 weeks. I lost a fully capped char, a couple MC5 imps and some multislotted rare weapons I decided to batch build prior to NC2 release because I couldn't carry them over.

that was the last big fuckup... the last rollback in a situation similar to this (apartment db screwed) was less than 12h with only the apps having been rolled back - no effect on character stats, gogo content, money, etc.

So yes - something has changed since the saturn incident - however, only KK will be able to tell how severe the current problems are and what can/needs to be done.

minsc
16-12-07, 06:14
wow this is familiar.

I remember this happening back to me prior to nc2, on saturn.

hence the signature.

sucks to lose items.

Ahahaha...yeah right. Maybe they've changed something, but I doubt it.

Oh yes, I remember working my butt off for the last 5 or so weeks only to lose a bunch of the work I put into my tank. One of the many reasons I quit. So any news on this apartment thing? I want my guns back! :lol: I believe KK are a bunch of Democrats, (that's a bad thing) wanting to take our guns away!

Voodoo_Magic
16-12-07, 06:20
its 5pm CET every day....

Also, probly only app rollbacks.

Ressi :) - Dont make announcements lol.

your a GM not a KK employee

msressi
16-12-07, 07:04
who says I am a GM ???????????
and it has to be a complete rollback not only appts

Take scenario:
runner a takes item out of cab sells to runner b
runner b puts it in his cab and ofc pays for it

rollback

runner b is out of cash and item
runner a has item and cash

end of story a complete rollback :angel:

boreal
16-12-07, 07:14
then im not the only one to have lost a lot of think... will be back when all will be back !!

keeiL
16-12-07, 07:15
Another scenario...

runner A powerleveling, getting lots of xp.
He dies :eek:

rollback

runner A lost the xp, but didnt die :rolleyes:

My point is... Im tierd

jini
16-12-07, 08:01
That is true.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience and the timing of all this, but rest assured we are aware of the scale of the problem and all wheels are being put into motion to fix it.
AHA!. So, you confirm there are hamsters :p

In the meantime, Mars and Mercury are still working ok so you can continue to decorate your apartments there until we've sorted things Terra side.
Nein! Nabbl is there :p

Nytewolf2k7
16-12-07, 08:30
Yeah, It's happened to me too, I'm pretty sure it's Terra server wide, though that's likely already been said.
This sucks as my tradeskill tools are all gone :/ including my borrowed ones :( as well as 70% of my bp's and parts :(

Ah well, just have to wait till KK sort this out :D

- Nytewolf2k7

trigger hurt
16-12-07, 09:19
Crappy situation all around, I'd say.

Here KK is trying to increase population again by giving out free time in hopes that some will decide to stick around and *poof* server barfs.

Then, in typical KK fashion, they appear to be allowing an entire weekend to go by before bringing the server down to fix the issue.

Matanius
16-12-07, 10:03
I don't mind, got essays to do :p At least it means I'll be getting on with those instead of being tempted to log on!

kurai
16-12-07, 10:15
Then, in typical KK fashion, they appear to be allowing an entire weekend to go by before bringing the server down to fix the issue.Could be worse ...

in the past they've seemed to go on their Christmas break about now, and returned around ... March ;)

Hoder
16-12-07, 13:05
Take scenario:
runner a takes item out of cab sells to runner b
runner b puts it in his cab and ofc pays for it

rollback

runner b is out of cash and item
runner a has item and cash

IF that is the case, it would be wise to keep empty apartments EMPTY for now.

Don't go putting things in there as whatever the fix will be (and even I don't know what that will be yet) there is a chance that newly placed items won't be around with the old ones.

Let's play it safe here just in case.

CMaster
16-12-07, 13:10
They do back up about every 24 hours - they learned from those NC1 disasters.

Unfortunatley, this doesn't mean that rollbaccks never exceed 24 hours. If the problem happens at the weekend (like this one has) or KK hesitate over the solution, there often isn't a rollback until mid-monday.

IceStorm
16-12-07, 13:32
Mid-Monday is waaaay better than mid-March.

Echoing what kurai said earlier, typically KK drops a patch on the way out of the office in late November and doesn't deal with the aftermath until they wake up from a three month nap/hangover/food coma/vacation.

Seraphin[69]
16-12-07, 13:50
Could we have an OFFICIAL announcement on what will be rollbacked ?

I mean :

- appartements only
- all backup

I need to know if I can go hunting or if that's a waste of time.
If there is going to be a "full" rollback then I'll just PVP...

Voodoo_Magic
16-12-07, 16:11
Ressi it was a joke :)

Anyways, They did it before. Im sure you remember

Some people duped a DS by mistake with the app rollback. Some people lost a DS.

The Economy survived.... Alls fair in bugs and war

SorkZmok
16-12-07, 16:48
FFS, i wanna know if i can do anything at all now or if i'd better just wait because there's a good chance for a rollback....

Can they just rollback apts and not the whole server? And wouldn't that lead to a load of people duping stuff they managed to rescue from their cabinets? :rolleyes:

I want information. :(

Voodoo_Magic
16-12-07, 16:52
Sorzmork... Check rollback history.. Exact same happend before.. Well with more bugs actually, people couldnt get out of there appartments

They only did a app rollback then.. Sure people with flame because they lost something, but some people will be like !WOOT! i got a free xxxxx item... Its all equal..

for the record i put nothing in, or taken anything out

ashley watts
16-12-07, 17:14
Hmmm *Thinks about going on a complete mad ganking spree*

Zebul
16-12-07, 17:53
Yeah an official announcement would be great so we can know if we can hunt or not. I don't want to waste the time if it all vanishes.

Hell-demon
16-12-07, 18:04
Rumour on the trade chanel is that it's going to be a full rollback taking place on the 20th of december. Apparently the roll back takes us back to the 3rd of December.

Thats just rumour though :confused:

Glok
16-12-07, 18:13
Eh? Dun take me seriously.. shit! It better not be to the 3rd of Dec I was joking! :(

Zebul
16-12-07, 18:13
That would wipe out myself and several of my friends that just joined up again and made characters. I'm not so sure I would stay if I was deleted.

TimonX
16-12-07, 18:14
Full rollback = me quit. I'm sick of hunting the whole day, and KK being too late to tell me what's what. Accidents happen, it's how you handle them that matters to the consumer.

jini
16-12-07, 18:14
I heard the rollback will take us back to patch 2.1 :p

Zebul
16-12-07, 18:19
I agree. I understand that problems come up and need to be fixed. I just want to be informed about what is going on so I know what to expect.

An announcment would be great so that we know if we can level.

Hell-demon
16-12-07, 18:19
Or it might not get fixed at all.

Bye bye rares :(

Voodoo_Magic
16-12-07, 18:37
omg.... Stop listening to rumours lol

GoLaserEyes
16-12-07, 18:44
Or at least stop spoiling your shit all over the forums.

SorkZmok
16-12-07, 18:45
Seeing that there's sightings of normal mobs in hacknet and there's dozens of copbots and the exact same NPC "Torben" scattered all over the northern wastelands, i guess it's not just the apartments that broke. :(

RaoulDuke
16-12-07, 18:45
Thats the master plan for "hidden" item wipe :D

Glok
16-12-07, 18:49
Seeing that there's sightings of normal mobs in hacknet and there's dozens of copbots and the exact same NPC "Torben" scattered all over the northern wastelands, i guess it's not just the apartments that broke. :(Seriously? 2nd apocalypse. LOL

Zebul
16-12-07, 18:52
omg.... Stop listening to rumours lol

You know what would kill those rumors. Some info from the source.

Hell-demon
16-12-07, 18:58
Rumour has it they are replacing the hamster, but there's a delay due to the run up for christmas and everyone wanting them as pets. :rolleyes:

CMaster
16-12-07, 18:59
Seeing that there's sightings of normal mobs in hacknet and there's dozens of copbots and the exact same NPC "Torben" scattered all over the northern wastelands, i guess it's not just the apartments that broke. :(

been seeing copbots all over the wastes for a couple of days.

also, seeing cavespiders in unusal places,including one in DRT today.

Voodoo_Magic
16-12-07, 18:59

ah... ok... maybe rollback!

flib
16-12-07, 19:01
I saw 2 cavespiders in the subway tunnels a few days ago, but I'd say that's just coincidence.

Archtemplar
16-12-07, 19:17
I saw 2 cavespiders in the subway tunnels a few days ago, but I'd say that's just coincidence.

Thats just remainance from an old event/storyline thing

Apocalypsox
16-12-07, 19:20
been seeing copbots all over the wastes for a couple of days.

also, seeing cavespiders in unusal places,including one in DRT today.

>_> Sorry guys, i think i may have broke the copbot spawn when we killed all of the copbots in P2 last night. Apoc: 3, Copbots: 0!

Faid
16-12-07, 19:21
at chester yesterday before an op fight one of my clanmates kept gettin rewards for killing cavespiders, even though he wasn't killing anything. Something is up and it feels like we're all gonna get screwed sadly.

Archtemplar
16-12-07, 19:23
I keep suffering from long sync times aswell...

*waits for the increasingly unoriginal hampster cracks*

keeiL
16-12-07, 19:27
Ive seen copbots in water treatment thingy in doy... :wtf:

I really hope they wont have to do a full rollback. but we should not expect any announcement until tomorrow atleast.
Its weekend and we cant expect KK staff to work 24/7.
Its frustrating yes yes. but shit happends... no no

flib
16-12-07, 19:28
Thats just remainance from an old event/storyline thing
I haven't seen spiders in there since the plague though. =/

Glok
16-12-07, 19:35
*waits for the increasingly unoriginal hampster cracks*If you say so. :p

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/neosigs/hamster_escape1.jpg

L0KI
16-12-07, 19:36
I've been away for 24 hours...

I lost one of my apartments the other day, with the key changing to that of a noob Via apartment (With it's very own Mr Jones).

Hoder reported it a couple of days ago. After that, I thought there were problems with the database, as I remember logging out in the apartment AFTER Terra went back online from the fix. Hence, it happened after that.

Anyway, I take it this hasn't been fixed/rolled back yet?

Archtemplar
16-12-07, 19:37
I haven't seen spiders in there since the plague though. =/

I always seen the odd one or two since the plague... :o

If you say so. :p

hampster picture

:D

Heavyporker
16-12-07, 19:39
Guys, honestly, I'll puke if it's a full rollback. I spent the whole of my first day back: finding out I left my characters in dangerous-as-shit situations, trying to figure out what the hell KK did to the whole character set up thing, and then pressing that '+' endlessly (still not done, ffs!). Not to mention, acquiring new armor items (chokers... wtf?) for all my characters. Oh, man, all that running around. That wasn't fun, guys.

gstyle40
16-12-07, 20:08
at chester yesterday before an op fight one of my clanmates kept gettin rewards for killing cavespiders, even though he wasn't killing anything. Something is up and it feels like we're all gonna get screwed sadly.

yep :D termi was gettin PAID baby :D lol got no cash reward, but was funny seein that message every couple minutes. should hav checked his xp at the time. may hav gotten woc str and dint even realize :/ lol

Apocalypsox
16-12-07, 21:06
Guys, honestly, ill also puke if its a full rollback. Ive spent the last two days leveling my tank back up :( Im nearly to cap for gods sake! IVE NEVER CAPPED A CHARACTER IN MY FULL TIME IN NC!

yep :D termi was gettin PAID baby :D lol got no cash reward, but was funny seein that message every couple minutes. should hav checked his xp at the time. may hav gotten woc str and dint even realize :/ lol

O.o i was getting that as well when me and Mr. Trip where RPing bums in the Sewers and the Industrial sectors. Ahhh fuck...Full rollback is coming...

awkward silence
16-12-07, 21:54
nvm....

Brammers
16-12-07, 22:20
Just logged in. Clan apartment, completely empty, and the Phoenix HQ apartment in TH (Which had my faction medals, cups, trophies and a real copbot trophy) all missing.

HOG
16-12-07, 22:26
wow this is the biggest thread i have ever started :lol:

MrTrip
16-12-07, 22:27
We need a rollback....this is just nuts...

keeiL
16-12-07, 22:36

Im proud of you Hog :D <3

Yelly
16-12-07, 23:16
For those that do not care to look around on the forum
http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=376

Hell-demon
16-12-07, 23:25
So we all have to individually e-mail help desk and ask to restore our appartments?

Bit tricky isn't it?

Voodoo_Magic
16-12-07, 23:39
EVERY appartment i know off, has this problem...... Why e-mail?

l8m0n
16-12-07, 23:42
Helpdesk are going to have a shite week thats for sure.

CMaster
16-12-07, 23:45
Beats me why they want emails, 95%+ of appartments are fucked.
In addition, inventory bugs (which I had thought were a thing of the past) have been occuring more and more, to the point that its getting very difficult to log in properly.

Apocalypsox
16-12-07, 23:50
...my box of ammo turned into a duranium 4 helmet when i threw it.

Guys, is it so fucking hard to roll back? Now that youve delayed it this long, most people are gonna be alot more pissed at the fact that all the work they did this weekend was for nothing.

Mighty Max
16-12-07, 23:59
Guys, is it so fucking hard to roll back?

If you are just rolling back without resolving the issue that caused the problem in the first case, you are doomed to repeat it again.

Hell-demon
17-12-07, 00:00
But we've built a strong sense of community this weekend...

We all complained together :p

Powerpunsh
17-12-07, 00:07
power wants his stuff back :(

Dead Bodies
17-12-07, 00:17
Helpdesk are going to have a shite week thats for sure.

Well lets reflect

MON:KK releases a big patch that brings 30% pop.

Tues-fri: KK celebrates! fixing small things along the way

WED: aparment problems begin to arrise

FRI: The aprarment bug kicks in full unless u wer AFK in the appy it whiped.

FRI night: programmers are out getting drunk they dont even know about the problem yet.

SAT: KK programers going out for more drinks they still dont know about the problem

SUN: programers get the call... they say shite im fooked c u on monday..

MONDAY: be patient im sure we will have some sort of results.

yeah i say this was a week full of emotion :(

E&E

gstyle40
17-12-07, 00:22
So we all have to individually e-mail help desk and ask to restore our appartments?

Bit tricky isn't it?

u hav GOT to be kidding me.

they want everyone to email them? WTF? the entire server is fucked... y even log on? cant do shyt becuz of the iminent rollback, and now they want us to email them so of course they can fix the problem momentarily......then the rollback hits....boom everyone lost their shyt again lol cuz kk will rollback to sometime saturday after half the server got the problem but only 1 person reported it :/ this more than likely will only happen to me :p

Riddle
17-12-07, 00:33
Well this is very bad tbh.

Log in and as the rest of you all my shit is gone, my BP library gone and hey how can <<Logan's Emporium>> operate when his shop has dissapeared!!
Please sort asap as no piont in logging in for me at the moment.

Nytewolf2k7
17-12-07, 02:27
Just a reminder for those affected to check this announcement (http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=197&announcementid=376)

minsc
17-12-07, 02:42
Just a reminder for those affected to check this announcement (http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=197&announcementid=376)

Yeah man that's such a great announcement, tells nothing! Why check that?

Good for you, I remember the one about C2P, now that was the longest thread I ever started. :D

keeiL
17-12-07, 02:44

yes yes.. but I cant really figure out why they want us to mail us our apartment info etc.

what are they gonna do with all the mail they get... manually update apartment content to keyholders in the database !? :lol:

they should have all the info from the backups... dosnt make any sense...

honestly.. I dont even think the dev team actually looked at the problem yet.. since its weekend. but thats just speculations.. and thats all they give us. :p

Nytewolf2k7
17-12-07, 02:47
I'm guessing they're going to enter the data manually... That would kinda hurt :eek:

danmalone
17-12-07, 03:10
i have 3 accounts totalling 9 chars atm, surely i cant be expected to mail regarding these 3 accounts, every char name and all appt locations.... i dont even know half of my appt locations on sum of my chars (forgot pass's).
Is ne1 else kinda peeved off with this, if they roll back fully my almost capped apu which i started the other day will be none existant again :mad:

Necpock
17-12-07, 03:18
I'm sure a rollback would have happened sooner if that was in their mind's when this problem arose.

I think they're trying to find and fix the problem rather then rollback.

I also think the email to help desk is a way of collecting information so they can get some variables and try and match them, to see what extent the problem is (for obvious reasons)

This is my individual guess, not a rhumour.

I (only) hope that KK are looking to a rollback for a last resort, not for a quickfix.

flib
17-12-07, 03:21
Well, they couldn't just rollback anyways, the problem would come right back.

HOG
17-12-07, 03:27
ya i would imagine they would have to roll back...then fix the issue as well.

Apocalypsox
17-12-07, 03:58
Well leaving the server running just to dig everyone deeper into a hole isn't very efficent either.

Faid
17-12-07, 04:20
I have 4 accountsd and 16 chars, all with multiple appys, no way in hell am I going to email each individual one. I've already accepted that Im gonna get fucked, hurry along with the rollback already.

Glok
17-12-07, 05:00
It's simple enough, any apt that didn't have a char logged in inside the apt is now empty. Maybe those people should email KK instead? ;)

Just roll back I say.. that's 99% of apts wiped I would wager, no way that can be fixed on an apt by apt basis.

HOG
17-12-07, 05:15
hey but who knows...they may try to fix it on an apt to apt bases so they dont have to roll back and piss ppl off? They would have to work double time tho...get the hamsters involved perhaps? Tho it is probably impossible due to the amount of apartments ppl have. Would be a pain in the ass to list them all. :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
17-12-07, 05:27
Beggar Jeggar has asked me to pass along the message that he now heartily hates KK.

On pretty new laptop previously untouched by Neocron, he has had to reboot twice upon opening the door to his award-winning apartment, which upon initial observation is now completely denuded. No NPCs, no flora and fauna, no trophies, just a big blankness.

I do not need to emphasize his horror.

keeiL
17-12-07, 05:31
hey but who knows...they may try to fix it on an apt to apt bases so they dont have to roll back and piss ppl off? They would have to work double time tho...get the hamsters involved perhaps? Tho it is probably impossible due to the amount of apartments ppl have. Would be a pain in the ass to list them all. :rolleyes:

Sad to say, but KK dosnt have any recources to that kind of work.

Depends on how the database is designed..
I would merge the apartments and the links to apartment holders from the latest backup to the current character database.

But the problem isnt the data. Its the reason how and why this happend, so what happend after they pulled some strings to solve the 4th slot char problem... :confused:

minsc
17-12-07, 05:39
I have three accounts and 12 chars. I only want one apartments stuff back! Half the other apartments I can't find.

Glok
17-12-07, 05:51
Bah in a little while I'll go ahead and do as they ask, maybe they is magicians!

msressi
17-12-07, 06:35
well that is my problem as well 4 accts 16 chars and over 100 appts
do a send a mail for each appt or each runner with all those appts on him/her or one atrociously long email with all accts,chars,locations and passes???

I have atm 2 appts left which are ok. Maybe we all should tell them what we have left rather then what we have lost. It would be a much shorter list

I opt for a rollback :confused:

minsc
17-12-07, 06:39
well that is my problem as well 4 accts 16 chars and over 100 appts

I opt for a rollback :confused:

Damn that's a lot! I say roll that bitch back, along with a fix!

stelco
17-12-07, 08:55
ROLLBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a must!

jini
17-12-07, 09:00
>_> Sorry guys, i think i may have broke the copbot spawn when we killed all of the copbots in P2 last night. Apoc: 3, Copbots: 0!
Who's your spy/tank Apoc?

QeeQaek
17-12-07, 09:28
KK_ check your backup exec please!! its not really funny (((

SorkZmok
17-12-07, 10:17
If you can not remember all of your apartments:

Citycom -> Info -> My Runner -> Ownership

There you got a list of all the apartments you own. Just gotta find out the password yourself. :)

/edit
And to KK, if you really want to solve this properly:
1. Put this into the sticky.
2. Ingame emails. There's a huge amount of people who got the problem but don't regularly read the forums.

Nytewolf2k7
17-12-07, 11:20
I'll make a post or two about this on the ingame bulletin board

Necpock
17-12-07, 14:00
Good luck KK with the latest fix :http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=377

Hope everything goes well, for your sake and ours :)

StevenJ
17-12-07, 14:02
Good luck KK with the latest fix :http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=377

Hope everything goes well, for your sake and ours :)

Indeed, good luck fellas!