PDA

View Full Version : [SALVAGE]-Skill Revised

Dead Bodies
14-12-07, 10:33
Runners,

I have been Pondering over quite the idea i believe. It would bring a new aspect to the market and a fun alternative for some players.

AS follows,

1. NC-1 Salvage

In Nc-1 Neocron's salvage system was in a "trial" run of salvage with weapons and other items.

2. NC-2 - 2.2 Salvage

In Nc-2 - 2.2 salvage was strictley for certin items and some VECH.

3. {RARE}Proposed Rendition?

I propose that the recycle skill be revised to include Rare weapons. The example is simple. With a 6 part rare Recycling it would Roll a dice that would yeild you aywhere from 0-4 parts back from building that rare. It would be verry simmilar to the CST skill slots roll. The parts themselves would be random as well decided by a roll. With a 5 part item you would yield anywhere from 0-3 parts and then following the outline above. Of course you can influence your skill as follows!

0-75 would result in possibilty of 0 parts back from the recycle

75+ would guarantee you not to get the "snake eyes" roll that would result in 0 parts.

107+ would give you an additional 90% chance to guarantee you atleast 1 part

135+ woudl give u an additional 80% chance of getting atleast 2 parts

169+ would give you an additional 70% chance of getting atleast 3 parts back.

209+ would give you an additional extra dice that would be rolled to determin if you can have any more parts the rules for ATP and non ATP parts ABOVE would still apply. you cannot get more then 4 with atp and no more then 3 with non ATP.

4. {Wepon part builds}Proposed Rendition

I propose that the recycle skill be revised to include Guns / Spells / implants / Tropies / anything that you put togeather, or bought that can be researched. The same concept above woud apply but it would have its own twist. How that would work for Salvage is,

lvl

0-75 -no guarante to recover any recycled parts

from lvl 75- 250 It every point would give you a higher chance of getting the better parts from wepons ie the wp 9's 10'a and 8's'

lvl 200+ u will be guaranteed to get atleast one of the two best parts IE if theres 3 9's required you would get one wp9 at least along with your roll.

lvl 250+ u will get the two best parts from the item. along with your roll.

With Wepon parts you could get the chance of getting all the parts back but it is a 15% chance.

4.1 -Ops it broke :(
You also have a 25% chance that the wp's would break and become 2 of the next lever lower IE wp9 breaks you now have 2 7's

5. Salvage imps

Implants would oviousaly be needed to reach a goal of 250 Recycle points as u can oly get 175 base on a capped spy. so here are some ideas.

Uncle Tacks Salvage Jack- (mr jones mission imp) +27 Salvage

Decompsing anlayzer unit
/v.1 +6 salvage +6 recycle +6 repair +1 dex
/v.2 +12 salvage +12 recycle +12 repair +2 dex
/v.3 +20 salvage +20 recycle +20 repair +3 dex

Refreshing anlayzer unit
/1.1 +4 salvage +10 transport +1.5 dex
/1.2 +8 salvage +20 transport +2.5 dex
/1.3 +20 salvage +30 transport +3.5 dex
/2.0 (Black dragon Epic option thats the next post) +30 salvage +30 transport + 30 barter + 5 dex

6. The Overview.

So basicaly
we have a large rendition to the salvage skill, wich would bring hours of fun. a new market / viable skill to the game. I believe my idea is verry balanced in all aspect. Because a runner is willing to give up a wepon that required so many parts. that runner knows he will not get all those parts back but he is willing to RISK it and see what he can get. but please feel free to give me feed back, and any other imput? maby we can get KK to imput it.

P.S-Its 1:30am and im tired so i hope it makes sense

E&E

William Antrim
14-12-07, 10:39
Makes perfect sense, much more detailed than previous requests also. However it HAS been asked for several times, specifically the rare parts being salvaged back from guns. I myself asked about it on the nc1 forum but we never got any reply. I have no idea if they even took the idea seriously.

L0KI
14-12-07, 10:46
Although I don't quite agree with the numbers, I actually really like the idea.

Good job man!

Dead Bodies
14-12-07, 10:47
Makes perfect sense, much more detailed than previous requests also. However it HAS been asked for several times, specifically the rare parts being salvaged back from guns. I myself asked about it on the nc1 forum but we never got any reply. I have no idea if they even took the idea seriously.

#1- Sorry i dont mean to be a thread whore i did not know.

#2- its nice to see u and me looking through the same color glasses for once :)

E&E
/edit: loki - Thanks m8 :)

awkward silence
14-12-07, 11:26
Same here the idea makes sense but you should get far less parts back than what you proposed. Ill give it a 5 stars just for the idea ;)

L0KI
14-12-07, 11:31
Also 5 starred it for the idea.

Riddle
14-12-07, 11:56
The title should be Salvage skill revived!

No one i know uses this skill in game, a complete waste of points for its return.

Anything to improve this situation would be welcomed.

Salvage rares? Would love it! got a shed load of useless 1 slot, crap stat rares.

StevenJ
14-12-07, 12:09
Marsbarz-c salvages pretty well, when making high TL weps, and using a barterer he said you can often make money on the whole build by salvaging the crap weps... Since taking the acc over I've never tried it though...

William Antrim
14-12-07, 12:26
I would lower the requirements (ie 150 Recycle should be IMO the most you need) as this would allow the spy (lets face it, its going to be a spy who does this) to get some other skill (pc, rc, rep whatever) along with the salvage/recycle skill. I would want it to work in the same way repair does (double the TL blah blah) and thus be viable as a subskill - this way you would even possibly have the Gen-tank players able to get in on the act (I currently have something like 35 recycle on my tank with a glove and with these changes he would be a tl70 recycler - not too shabby).

I was not ragging on you for posting the idea, more pointing out that it has been asked for before and never implemented.

for the record, I do not disagree with posters, I disagree with posts. It is not personal.

Dead Bodies
14-12-07, 17:29
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I was thinking of it as a manin skill IE repair or CST becasue of the possible rewards to REAP may be great. so it would be proposed to make a pure tradeskiller IE barter / Salvage. along with your CST/ REP and RES / REC and your a money making opperation, to keep large groups togeather.

YES some shoudl be acessable to ANYONE say you are out hunting warbies you should be able to take apart any imps / armour / guns you find on the mobs. Pending your TL of course!

Keep it comming folks i LOVE IT

/edit also posted in german forum to get more prospective. but google translator sucks apparently and they closed it. Usually im told to "DOUBLE" posit in both forums to get a wider perspective, but okay.

E&E

krynstone
14-12-07, 19:10
I always wanted a better salvage:).
Sounds great.
KK got a winner here.
I know its christmas etc and you've got blakc prophecy:).

I'll be waiting for a revamped recycle/salvage when you guys get time:).

Dead Bodies
14-12-07, 19:35
THANKS THANKS THANKS!

I wanted to add a few things that i feel i want to say.

1. I feel that Skiller implants should have no minuses. Being a skiller and hving your implant slot taken up is enough of a penilty. IE if im a pure salvage/ CST or Barter/Salvager I use all my imps slots and points to be the best i can be there fore i have no combat skills. IE dont make my resists worse to take away my runspeed just take up my slots. (*Explains why their are no -'s in the imps*)

2. I feel that High amount of points would need to be involved becasue of the possibilty that it is a huge money making/ item stat increase from the skill. so making pures would put a halt on any spy throwing a few points in and getting 4 parts off every rare and still be able to pvp. Trade skillers need to be PROFITABLE the option of not having another char slot and implant slots is hankering enough.

3. I really like the idea *oops it broke* When your salvaging the wepon parts or vch parts etc u can break the parts u salvage IE0- if u susceffuly salvage a vch part 10 it may break during the removal and then give u 2 VCH 9's.

4. I also enjoy the idea of letting you know whats happening while u are salvaging IE it would take 50 seconds to salvage say a tl 115 PArtical Nem. wich takes 6 parts. the chat log would look like

At 25% -would tell u if 1 part has ben recoverd or lost and what part it was. would also tell u if it was broken and they would immedatly appear in inv.

at 50% it would tell u if you got part # 2 or not same infomation if it broke into 2 or u lost it.

at 75% it would tell u the status of part #3

at 100% it would tell you the status of part #4

Ie the % for a 5 part rare would be 33.3%=1 66.6%=2 99.9%=3 is when u will get the status on your salvaging.

5. Randomizer?

Another idea would be to have a *randomizer part* that you may obain randomly throught the salvaging process. It is usless for item building but can be recycled as better junk then TRONK parts IE for your ammo or medikits. or u can play the game of chance at cost of double lube) and obtain random Tech / Wepon parts or armor parts.

Too many ideas i got to get back to work

/Edit: i Would really enjoy some KK members or Moderators to comment on this post. I want to get aspects from above and below.

E&E

William Antrim
14-12-07, 20:22
I would also want a whole extra range of chips introduced on this too. Salvager chips or whatever you want to call them. Level 1, 2 and 3 please.

Dead Bodies
14-12-07, 20:30
I would also want a whole extra range of chips introduced on this too. Salvager chips or whatever you want to call them. Level 1, 2 and 3 please.

5. Salvage imps

Implants would oviousaly be needed to reach a goal of 250 Recycle points as u can oly get 175 base on a capped spy. so here are some ideas.

Uncle Tacks Salvage Jack- (mr jones mission imp) +27 Salvage

Decompsing anlayzer unit
/v.1 +6 salvage +6 recycle +6 repair +1 dex
/v.2 +12 salvage +12 recycle +12 repair +2 dex
/v.3 +20 salvage +20 recycle +20 repair +3 dex

Refreshing anlayzer unit
/1.1 +4 salvage +10 transport +1.5 dex
/1.2 +8 salvage +20 transport +2.5 dex
/1.3 +20 salvage +30 transport +3.5 dex
/2.0 (Black dragon Epic option thats the next post) +30 salvage +30 transport + 30 barter + 5 dex

E&E

I got a few ideas, Im sure most people dont like the values i came up with but its general term to start with. Yes Imps would be great and combine them with other skills to force players to go tradeskiller . IE barter/salvage CST / SAlvage .. would be cool and be bennifical

E&E

bluelights
14-12-07, 20:47
good idea,, ill give ya 5 stars

Dead Bodies
14-12-07, 23:25
Any more Imput?

William Antrim
15-12-07, 02:53
None needed.

Dead Bodies
15-12-07, 07:33
Thanks ;)

Hell-demon
16-12-07, 22:59
As a rule I don't care much for salvage.

Seems like an ok idea.

Dead Bodies
18-12-07, 00:14
As a rule I don't care much for salvage.

Seems like an ok idea.

bah u would if u had that option!