PDA

View Full Version : Disconnection on Zoning

Matthew.v.smith
13-12-07, 23:38
Hey everyone, I seem to have a little bit of a problem, when I log in to Terra everything is fine, until I zone 2 or 3 times and enter a permanent Sync before getting kicked back to the main menu with "Sync to Worldserver Failed"

I've tried changing settings on my Router and generally messing about, I've searched old threads for workarounds and checked the information on Connection Issues, so can anyone suggest anything? :)

Doc Holliday
14-12-07, 01:03
ive been getting some issues similar for a while now. i randomly stick in synch or black synch and sometimes have to log in 2 or 3 times for it to work properly. i think however this is not the game but merely my internet connection as its been problematic elsewhere too. what isp are u using bud? if its virgin adsl that could be the problem at the moment.

Richard Slade
14-12-07, 01:14
Same old NC eh

Matthew.v.smith
14-12-07, 01:21
I have a strong feeling that it is also my ISP Doc, I'm on Tiscali 8MB which is notorious for throttling the use of Torrents before 12:00 PM, it's either that or my Router, I can try opening ports but I attempted that earlier to no avail.

One thing I did do is copy my entire Neocron folder over to my new Hard Drive without a re-install, although I don't really see how that would make a difference.

But yeah, logging in for me can also take a few attempts and when I'm running around I will sometimes find myself alone before going in to a perma sync, what a pain eh? :\

Doc Holliday
14-12-07, 01:51
I have a strong feeling that it is also my ISP Doc, I'm on Tiscali 8MB which is notorious for throttling the use of Torrents before 12:00 PM, it's either that or my Router, I can try opening ports but I attempted that earlier to no avail.

One thing I did do is copy my entire Neocron folder over to my new Hard Drive without a re-install, although I don't really see how that would make a difference.

But yeah, logging in for me can also take a few attempts and when I'm running around I will sometimes find myself alone before going in to a perma sync, what a pain eh? :\

same as i get. so yes its probably the isp. sorry chief :(

ps im trying a full reinstall right now. if it helps i will let you know. i disabled the wireless side of my router to try and help but it being a shitty netgear one i couldnt work out how to open new ports on it. :((

Matthew.v.smith
14-12-07, 02:19
Well, I'm half convinced it is indeed our ISP's :\

It's now 12:20 and I've been playing without problems for.....20 minutes, I wonder if that's a coincidence?

I might have to bark down the phone at my ISP and ask them to un-throttle me, it's not fair at all really, I recommend you find out if your ISP has anything like that going on too.

Thanks for the help anyhow, much appreciated ^_^

Mr Kot
14-12-07, 02:38
I might have to bark down the phone at my ISP and ask them to un-throttle meGood luck with that; Tiscali don't give a shit. You'll pay a lot of money to an 0870 number to talk to some guy in India asking you "is it plugged in and switched on?" and "try reinstalling the software". www.callcentermovie.com springs to mind.

it's not fair at all really,Life's a bitch. And then you *die / marry one / get ganked by one *delete as appropriate

I recommend you find out if your ISP has anything like that going on too.Ooooooh yes... (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tiscali_SpA&action=history) check out the edited histories for the truth.