PDA

View Full Version : Focussing != Mental Steadiness?

hivemind
12-12-07, 06:03
I'm hearing that the new "Focussing" skill in PSI isn't just a prereq like MST used to be. Confirm or deny, please? What's it do?

Bozz-Von Mel
12-12-07, 07:59
I could be wrong but, I think it helps somewhat with the reticle and aiming speed.

Dead Bodies
12-12-07, 09:42
Runner,

Please refer to this post (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=136817) For the explanation of the skills. I will Provide you with
what you request below.

Category: PSI Combat (APU)
Damage (100): Base 10 %, APU 70 %, FCS 20 %
Aim Speed (100): Base 20 %, APU 40 %, FCS 30 %, PPW 10
Aim Precision (100): Base 20 %, APU 40 %, FCS 30 %, PPW 10
Frequency (100): Base 10 %, APU 30 %, FCS 40 %, PPW 20
Range (100): Base 10 %, APU 20 %, FCS 40 %, PPW 30
Handling (100): Base 10 %, APU 20 %, FCS 40 %, PSU 30 %

Category: PSI Support (PPU)
Damage (100): Base 10 %, PPU 70 %, FCS 20 %
Frequency (100): Base 10 %, PPU 30 %, FCS 40 %, PPW 20
Range (100): Base 10 %, PPU 20 %, FCS 40 %, PPW 30
Handling (100): Base 10 %, PPU 20 %, FCS 40 %, PSU 30 %

What does this mean?

To answer your question about focus, as a ppu or apu 1 point of focus would contrubitue 20% to your damage. Not as a whole but as a portion of a portion. Ie the 3 portions for psi damage is Base10 %, PPU/APU 70 %, FCS 20 %.

So if your specing to be a hybrid Fcs would give u damage in both ppu/apu as well as freq, range and handling.

or if your specing pure. fcs still adds Damage 20% freq 20% range 40% handling 40% AS A PORTION OF A PORTION

PSU - PPW DO NOT ADD TO DAMAGE BUT DO ADD TO OTHERS

hope this helps

E&E

William Antrim
12-12-07, 12:25
Didnt help me in the slightest.

What Bozz said helped though. Focussing affects (iirc) reticle closure/aiming speed and Rate of Fire. It works in a similar way to hi-tech combat now for the other classes.

hivemind
12-12-07, 15:30
That helps, yeah. Around midnight we finally found the post you referenced, not have to crunch the numbers on a PPU setup...

Dead Bodies
12-12-07, 18:40
Didnt help me in the slightest.

What Bozz said helped though. Focussing affects (iirc) reticle closure/aiming speed and Rate of Fire. It works in a similar way to hi-tech combat now for the other classes.

......SIr....... take off your damm pink glasses i dont think you can see your words. Read the post from Hoder it explains what FOCUS effects weither your ppu or apu.

And im sorry sir your mistaken Tc is NOT the same as FOCUS it is simmilar but NOT THE SAME! Tc does not add damage for RC/PC/HC/MC it does add damage of 10% to drone comabt and 20% to hacknet skills.

Just to be sure you understand :)

/hive mind

The link to the post is on the word POST just click on it.

PPU is easy to use all the spells u REQUIRE 147 ppu and 87 focus With tons of additonal points. ppw only contrubites to range and FREQ but trust me u'll be fast enough with the spells. Minus the fucking ress that takes 1 min. so you could fill up ppu and focus some more to give u better skill with your wepon. Il leave it to you to make your own setup but ive pushed u in right direction :)

I reccomend u go to neofrag and allocate your points inside to test what u would like to do before you allocate them for real.

E&E

William Antrim
12-12-07, 19:30
And im sorry sir your mistaken Tc is NOT the same as FOCUS it is simmilar but NOT THE SAME! Tc does not add damage for RC/PC/HC/MC it does add damage of 10% to drone comabt and 20% to hacknet skills.

Before you start putting stuff in bold look at what youre quoting. I never said it was the same. I said it was similar and it is, as you so "rightly" pointed out.

;)

hivemind
13-12-07, 15:37
More dumb monk questions...

I have this thing in my monk's belt called "Holy Frostration".

WTF is that? Is that what Para became? Is it an APU spell now?

William Antrim
13-12-07, 16:25

Yes and yes again. Same effect, same animation even. Just nowhere near as bad as it used to be. In effect if someone uses it on you, laugh at them and shoot them while they desperately chug more boosters.

CMaster
13-12-07, 16:46
Yes and yes again. Same effect, same animation even. Just nowhere near as bad as it used to be. In effect if someone uses it on you, laugh at them and shoot them while they desperately chug more boosters.

Last time I checked there was no para effect on Holy Frostation. It just does a mix of fire and energy damage types.

William Antrim
13-12-07, 17:08
Then I stand corrected. I thought I had experienced some minor slow down when hit with it but very little damage. I assumed it was a bit of a slowdown and a bit of damage too.

I guess if its just a damaging spell, it really is poo then.

Dead Bodies
13-12-07, 17:50

Runner,

Holy Frostration WAs the Rare PPu para now it is a substatute for Holy lighting. It does not work well in PVP but is verry nice to lvl expically if u DO not have a Holy lighting. It does do Enegry /Xray damage have the Para sound, and sight but does not proform the same.

E&E

Bozz-Von Mel
13-12-07, 19:17
Yeah Para finally got whined out of existence.

hivemind
13-12-07, 22:56
If I'd known that I'd have come back much sooner. Do freezer pistols and cannons still exist, and work?

Doc Holliday
13-12-07, 23:30
Runner,

Holy Frostration WAs the Rare PPu para now it is a substatute for Holy lighting. It does not work well in PVP but is verry nice to lvl expically if u DO not have a Holy lighting. It does do Enegry /Xray damage have the Para sound, and sight but does not proform the same.

E&E

frostration does energy and FIRE!!! damage. get your facts right runner :)

Bozz-Von Mel
13-12-07, 23:32
yeah they do a decent amount of energy damage...good for leveling on mobs with weak energy resists.