PDA

View Full Version : Connection Truble Still

Project-2501
12-12-07, 00:24
HEllo guys i need some help.. i have just spent the last hour on the phone to netgear and the help'ed me open all the oprt numbers i need to ( sent port numbers from nc tec support ) now i can ping the game server over and over all day long.. but i still cant log in to the game from teh ( log area ie user name and password ) all i get after that is conntion to server failed, the user name and password is right.

I also run Zone alarm and i tryed it both on and off and i have even made nc a super trusted program so i cant c it being zone alarm stopping it.. also tryed connecting on my dads computer but same thing fail to connect..

i have even bypassed the router and have a direct connection to the modem to rule out the router.

is there anyone out there that might be able to help me .. Nc advised me to go to there fpt server @ ftp://ftp.neocron.com/ but that makes no sence to me.. just aload of file names..

plz plz can someone help me..

NxExO

p.s thanx for any help you give me :P

Dead Bodies
12-12-07, 01:19
M8,

What op system do u have.

what are your pc /vid card specs?

Please and thanks

below i post for windows users.

E&E

Dead Bodies
12-12-07, 01:36
Mate,

The Reason Helpdesk sent you the FTP site is so that you can manualy install the patches and make sure your client is updated correctly.

If you are a Windows XP or lower user.

1.Open "my network places"

2.open *sub* network connections

3.Right click propertys on your LOCAL AREA NETWORK CONNECTION (#/?) it
shal have a number and tell you a name IE REALTEK etc.

4.Scroll down the mini list to "internet protocol (tcp/ip) higlight it and click propertys

5.Click the TWO tabs that say "obtain an ip adress automatically" & "dbtain Dns Server adress automaticly"

(if u run multuple connections u might want to be sure wich one Nc is running on because if ur running more then one connection it must be their for your parents and u dont want to fuck that up.)

6. launch the Nc client and click config. click box for port and put in port 6000 and apply.

7. back in the nc client under config also do a "check file integrity" AND APPLY SETTINGS when that is finished let it fix any files if their are none then move to the next step.

8. shut down your pc.

9. disconnect your modem or if your running router again then disconnect that too for 60 seconds plug the modem back in. wait for the ligts to become all solid then the router or if no router go staight to PC startup.

10. Run the client It should work fine.

That i had to do for 2 pc's the other 2 work fine out of the box.

E&E

Project-2501
15-12-07, 20:20
yup tryed all that befor

opened all the ports that nc needs bypass the router and still nothing even tryed a new adsl modem only the problem is not with my computer its with NC its self..

I keep getting kicked out when i zone ( when am lucky enuff to log in ) and i get request for new wourld failed or failed to connect to server all teh dame time

Nc support wont help me at all they blame it on connect or router cos there to dame stupid to look in to it for me.. call your selfs suport.. more like we cant be arsed so dont bother asking us we will just say the same thing over and over..