PDA

View Full Version : What the new patch brings...

jini
11-12-07, 08:08
...Besides the amazing return to the roots...
It makes 90% of the setups out of balance.
If most have adjusted setups for the previous tank-o-cron using ion/dev or pie/fir as main damage this simply is not true anymore.

So, we have to wait a week for the dust to settle before we respec, and till then I think I am returning my setup focusing in energy/pierce again.
I sense that we will see less and less spraying devourer tanks (thank god) buggering us :p

L0KI
11-12-07, 11:02
I sense we will see variation. Which after all, is what made Neocron great :)

William Antrim
11-12-07, 12:00
Anybody who adjusts their setup to just the current overpowered weapon of the day is as bad as the person who loms to use JUST that gun in the first place.

Neocron 1 and the stuff that made it so great specifically was the variety. I remember when everyone said (start of retail) that Xray was the thing to use as a damage type. When I got my first CS I heat-modded it (pre xray bones) and raped people. They soon adjusted.

The same should be said of NC now, admittedly the latest fad has been poison modding but I am glad everyone is going to worry about those phosphor modded pain easers again to be honest. It really will separate the men from the boys.

silent000
11-12-07, 13:10
Im going back to my roots of using the Wyatt/Libby tbh, i think i'll be the only one tho lol :cool:

William Antrim
11-12-07, 13:22
Im going back to my roots of using the Wyatt/Libby tbh, i think i'll be the only one tho lol :cool:

I doubt it. I chose the name for a reason. Tbh I would like to see Jack Drake come back, or Rabbi with his liberator as he was bloody good with it back in the day. There will probably be some VERY good liberator pes again soon m8.

jini
11-12-07, 13:28
Anybody who adjusts their setup to just the current overpowered weapon of the day is as bad as the person who loms to use JUST that gun in the first place.

Dear William, please keep those stupid remarks for yourself, and let people do what they think on their own.
If 90% of the people shoot fire, you don't go making a setup that protects you evenly in all damages... it's common sense. If you still want to do it, be my guest :p but I am not bad, I am smart

RogerRamjet
11-12-07, 15:13
Liberators work again??

Judge
11-12-07, 15:30

Bzzzzt.

Nope, there will be loads of lowtech PEs (myself included) trying to recreate the glory days of the NC1 Pistol PE. And I don't mean the really really early days when the Libby was massively overpowered due to how health was handled, I mean mid/late NC1.

silent000
11-12-07, 15:36
Oh Snap just forgot my favorite wep in the game....The TL92 :cool: Deffinatly testing this once im back and ill post the results here, oh i had such fun with that setup in 2.1

William Antrim
11-12-07, 16:18
Dear William, please keep those stupid remarks for yourself, and let people do what they think on their own.
If 90% of the people shoot fire, you don't go making a setup that protects you evenly in all damages... it's common sense. If you still want to do it, be my guest :p but I am not bad, I am smart

You're contradicting yourself again and its making you look completely stupid. Its a moot point because of the variety of new weapons. In the old days (I like to call them BJ - ie Before Jini) there were lots of weapons that people had to spec for. This patch is sending the game back that way and I welcome it. The only reason you've posted this particular post is to snipe at me because of the infantile rage that courses through you when you read my posts. This is the 2nd remark you've made today trying to insult me in some way. The fact of the matter is you want to be me and it pains you that you're not. Refrain from commenting in the future.

Mark Twain said it the best.

"Better to let the world think you're a fool in silence than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Paraphrased because I could not find the actual quote. In no uncertain terms just stfu.

Cracker me old sausage, where do they sell the TL92 pulse laser pistol now? Any ideas? Can you drop me a pm or lend me one to get blueprinted.

Thanks

W

Nidhogg
11-12-07, 16:23
That's enough, both of you. If you want to fight each other do it in-game.

N

Selendor
11-12-07, 16:34
The thing with cookie cutter setups is that in the past kk released patches frequently enough that people were always adjusting, and no one knew all the underlying game rules as they do now.

So I think there will still be the 'favoured' weapons, it will just take a few days for the sharpest people to work out which are the best ones again.

HOG
11-12-07, 16:35
aww come on its not out of hand yet. It has to get well beyone ranting...to belittling, and other acusations that could eventually destroy the gameplay..then you can think about stepping in!

Judge
11-12-07, 16:40
The thing with cookie cutter setups is that in the past kk released patches frequently enough that people were always adjusting, and no one knew all the underlying game rules as they do now.

So I think there will still be the 'favoured' weapons, it will just take a few days for the sharpest people to work out which are the best ones again.

Thats true. There will always be a "best" weapon, however there will still be variation so long as other weapons are pretty close to the current best weapon, people always have their favourite weapon (Libby, Libby, Libby ftw) and will use it even if it isn't quite as good as some other weapons. Its only if the weapon is completely useless that it'll get abandoned.

Snedex
11-12-07, 16:41
I am looking forward to the reduction in cookie cutter setups and more variation :cool:

HOG
11-12-07, 16:42
Thats true. There will always be a "best" weapon, however there will still be variation so long as other weapons are pretty close to the current best weapon, people always have their favourite weapon (Libby, Libby, Libby ftw) and will use it even if it isn't quite as good as some other weapons. Its only if the weapon is completely useless that it'll get abandoned.

exactly. I think this patch has def. brought that. NICE TO SEE!

Apocalypsox
11-12-07, 16:43
The patch is quite basically awesome. I was testing every rare rifle i had last night. Every single one of them is viable. From my 3 slot artifact disruptor right down to my 1 slot Uranium Terminator, they where all dishing out enough damage to be usable.

Ive needed a good reason to rebuild all my con setups, anyways :lol:

Matanius
11-12-07, 21:32
Ive needed a good reason to rebuild all my con setups, anyways :lol: And finally cap those toons ey mate? ;)

Nymphette79
11-12-07, 23:08
Am very very tempted to roll Nymphette as a PE (if only the buggers would let me spell it that way :( )
Am just so pleased this patch has finally happened, have just reactivated for 3 months so am looking to join a friendly clan ;) and poke my way thru Plaza 1 once more :)
Good job KK

L0KI
11-12-07, 23:10
It sucks Nymph. :(

I wanted to call my char Psycho Messiah, but couldn't for the same reason :(

OpTi
11-12-07, 23:37
u rerolled?

William Antrim
11-12-07, 23:50
Am very very tempted to roll Nymphette as a PE (if only the buggers would let me spell it that way :( )
Am just so pleased this patch has finally happened, have just reactivated for 3 months so am looking to join a friendly clan ;) and poke my way thru Plaza 1 once more :)
Good job KK

I dont know any friendly clans but I know one you could join. ;)

jini
12-12-07, 07:56
I dont know any friendly clans but I know one you could join. ;)
Yes, us...
She can Join us anytime :)

jini
12-12-07, 08:37
You're contradicting yourself again and its making you look completely stupid. Its a moot point because of the variety of new weapons. In the old days (I like to call them BJ - ie Before Jini) there were lots of weapons that people had to spec for. This patch is sending the game back that way and I welcome it. The only reason you've posted this particular post is to snipe at me because of the infantile rage that courses through you when you read my posts. This is the 2nd remark you've made today trying to insult me in some way. The fact of the matter is you want to be me and it pains you that you're not. Refrain from commenting in the future.

This post was raised because everyone is asking me for setups, and I just wanted to say, that I haven't decided yet for one, so don't flatter yourself.
I have said so many times that I don't hate anyone.
Leaving legacy aside and old school rubish and all this junk I hear every day, from people -like you- that want to live in the past, you can go make your setup the best way you think.
Personally, I am having a blast because every "uber" pvper low tech dev tankie and xbow PE has left devourer and xbow in the closet, digging out burst weapons. And now they also say they handle good :p lol.
If you call your 6 months before me, BJ then I can welcome you in the Jini's Era :p This patch should have been called like that my Neanderthal friend. So, I suggest that your best bet would be to watch and learn from the pros and enjoy the game. And since I am a pro in burst rifles, I can tell you they are easy to use maybe in p2, but try an OP fight and we will see.

L0KI
12-12-07, 09:41
Jini, you claim to be a 'pro' in burst rifles...
Every time I seen you fight, since NC1, I haven't been impressed. I remember killing you several times back in the days of sYn. You may have quit your job, and spent years and years at the game - and may well be a 'pro' in your own eyes.

I know you can be alright at times, and we can talk without arguing. It just seems you have something to prove all the time, and although this argument is nothing to do with me, your constant cries for attention on the forum and OOC channel are starting to wind me up.

Does it annoy you that you will never quite have reputation and respect that some of us enjoyed?

Is that it?

Or is it that it's taken you years and years to get as good as you are, and it only took us a few months all those years ago?

Whatever, I dont care. Just drop the attitude. I can't believe a mod hasn't said anything to you tbh. I bet I get told for this post.

L0KI
12-12-07, 10:42
u rerolled?

I rerolled 3 chars... just got my main PE left, and a PPU I made a year ago with all his skill points released... He owns nothing, and I HATE playing PPU.

(Had to double post... too late to edit)

William Antrim
12-12-07, 11:49
It was a private joke Jini. I doubt you would understand. Anyway, I am bored with you now. Ignore is the best solution.

Vila
12-12-07, 11:53
I agree with William

L0KI
12-12-07, 11:54
It seems we are all in agreement then.

Doc Holliday
12-12-07, 11:59
i hate to say it but they are correct to. jini u need to step away from this whole game a while. your attitude really is becoming extremely annoying at times. And yes as rabbi said you arent that awesom. ive never found a major issue with you in any fights. granted its never been class vs class but i can adapt to you in your style and its not like you rape me 6 ways from sunday so yes dont be too arrogant. it doesnt suit you. just relax, breathe or your gonna become the next QD in some respects.

jini
12-12-07, 14:37
Listen guys, I dont mind at all, you lot agree with each other, its fine with me. Furthermore I suggest you why dont you make a Charity foundation named "Jini's haters" and meet on occasion, have those famous English tea sessions eay some poutingue and all. I really don't mind at all, since at the same time I will most likelly fight you -and win- on my nib spy. In particular:

@ Loki: every time you saw me fighting Loki, you were lying on the ground starring at the Cajun's sky, with your friends, the Grims. In particular your last fight was in cycrow -and correct me if i am wrong- with 2 other clans. From all these 3 clans, only one had the skills and this was not yours, neither Grims. In the end you lost from our defenses, and frankly I dont get it why you were not impressed. Now after this last patch things have gone harder because burst weapons are the hottest and the toughest guns... So we will see.
Yes, I have something to prove all the time, because I am bored in hearing whines all the time. Just play the fucking game. You asked for help with your setup, and I was the only one to give you an idea of making a decent PE using HL. As for my job, I do accept loans, charities and w/e, thanks for caring :)

@ Doc: Everyone's entitled to his opinion, but since how long did you fought me?

Don't kid yourselves guys, opinions from players that have long left this game for WoW, is nothing more than this thread of yours sweet Loki/Rabbi. You can claim the title of grandaddy of NC, but you cant deal with me a 5 years of presense on this game. Here is a small profile of each one of you:

Loki: a gonner for 4 years is now back, preaching/giving history lessons,
Sir Highness: a gonner for 3 years, quotes Marc Twain :p
Doc: do you even play?

And for the record I too, can contribute in history lessons with sYn, nCats, RK2, FF and SSC, but does it matter? What's the point? oh and I liked the comment about QD :p, but ok lol

cheers
cya in the battle field, with your nibs

Seraphin[69]
12-12-07, 15:18
I disagree because fast characters are still fast and screw around...

They don't have to change their setups if they are never hit !

L0KI
12-12-07, 15:45
Loki: a gonner for 4 years is now back, preaching/giving history lessons,

I played from Jan 03 to November 04 - that's nearly 2 years. They I played for another 3 months in 05, another 3 months in 06, and now I am back Jini.

Frankly, you can't hold it against someone for having RL commitments. I never really left the game did I?

Oh and Jini. I don't hate you one bit. I just don't like arrogant attitudes that really aren't necessary.

I won't discuss PvP skill with you, and I won't claim I'm better than you, nor will I admit that you are better than me. I don't flame about trivial matters, so I am sorry to dissapoint you ;)

...than this thread of yours sweet Loki/Rabbi. You can claim the title of grandaddy of NC, but you cant deal with me a 5 years of presense on this game.

I'll take that as a compliment Jini... Thank you. (Only because I haven't got a clue what you mean) :)

Let me speak metaphorically for a minute:

Dude and Duder are BOTH learning to drive. Dude has been learning Quantum Physics solidly for 5 years, and is now very knowledgeable about all aspects of Quantum Physics.
Duder on the other hand started learning 6 years ago, but only for 2 years. He glances at the book now and again, but he already knows it all. He's just quicker than Dude. That's not his fault, is it?

My point is... It's irrelevant how long you have been playing this game. People learn at different speeds. Frankly, It shouldn't take 5 years to learn every nook and cranny of this game. I felt like I had learned it all in my first 12 months of playing. Now I'm learning new things, and enjoying it. Leave me be yea?

So yeah, I guess... See you on the battlefield as you so heroically put it.

jini
12-12-07, 16:28
So, you played what? 2 years in total? Just because this game was published and promoted in UK, 6years back then that instantly make you an oldschooler? I can only laugh when I hear all this bullshit much like I laughed at your thread:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141157

You simply guys don't realize that its a game and nothing more. If you want to found something do it, but threads like the above are useless threads. QD would write threads like these, because frankly he doent have to say anything else. So he chews and spits the same old story over and over and thinks people care. Well take a look at how many replied to this thread you made about history (:p)
The same people that consist the body of your foundation.. except doc, as I hope he will prove more clever than you two.

Either way I will not take lessons from duder who hasnt even fired a single first love ever

oh and me too, I dont hate anyone of course. In fact I have fun every night I play this game, and if you dont believeme ask my clannies.
I have fun with bonny, with Julie (omg julie makes me laugh all the time.. nice fights Jul) with mystic, barely, sharper is cool and fun, and of course many many more I cant name here

L0KI
12-12-07, 16:38
I'm well aware it's a game mate.

I'm not going to take the bait and flame you, as I would consider that a waste of my time. I do, however, hope this thread is closed soon.

The only thing I will say, is that Duder has played as EVERY class. Including First Love PE and Spy. I could list all of my characters across all of my accounts I have ever had, but it would take me too long, and it may make you laugh, due to its remeniscant nature.

William Antrim
12-12-07, 16:46
[ edited ]

L0KI
12-12-07, 16:59
That's enough, both of you. If you want to fight each other do it in-game.

N

errrr... I didn't read the full thread. Didn't know they had been warned about this before I posted.

Apologies that I joined it.

It is, however, very clear that after you posted the above, one of the two you were warning couldn't resist starting it all over again.

jini
12-12-07, 17:01
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
12-12-07, 17:04
errrr... I didn't read the full thread. Sorry I joined in Nidd. It's just clear that after you posted this, one of them started it all over again.
Yeah, but it's more like handbags than real flaming so far. ;)

N

/edit - a lot can happen while you're writing a post and watching TV at the same time. Thread closed.