PDA

View Full Version : Content Package release on 12/10/2007

John Doe
10-12-07, 15:06
We’d like to apologize to all Runners that, full of expectation, put a boot in front of their apartment door on December 6 – due to the massive apartment moves, Mr. Jones was unable to fulfill all wishes within the expected timeframe.

But seriously: We would have liked to release on the (German) "Nikolaus" day – also to celebrate the one year anniversary of Neocron Evolution 2.2 (start of the public test server phase). Unfortunately, not all the changes could be tested thoroughly until December 6, so we had to move "Patchnachten" (Patch-mas, as the German community lovingly dubbed it) to today.

Server-Downtime: 12/10/2007 – 2 PM to 4 PM CET

… Free game time
Players with inactive accounts will have to wait a few days longer to be able to try the changes in this content package. Due to the magnitude of this move, there could be unforeseen problems that did not arise during our tests. If that should be the case, we want to fix them before the inactive Runners populate the servers.

… Move to Neocron
We would appreciate it if you could immediately report (in the thread with the patch notes) any problems caused by the move. Check your apartments, go to your headquarters and check out the appropriate city sectors – of course this only applies if you are affected by the changes. Please take the short time needed to check this, so that the servers can fill up again as soon as possible.

… The celebration of Love
As Christmas is coming up, you shouldn’t neglect the appropriate amount of brotherly love – even though some of you may have new neighbours and a resulting rise in conflict potential. Joke aside: The Neocron Team wishes all the loyal players, the community and the former players that want to check the game out again, happy holidays.

May the games begin …

Amendment: Begin of the free gaming time for all inactive accounts

To begin with, we would like to thank the whole community! Your praise and enthusiasm have raised the spirits of the Neocron Team, and we are all very glad how well the changes were embraced.

... Free gaming time
Now that the extensive test phase is over, the relocation of the factions is finally completed. For this reason we offer a special treat for inactive accounts:

30-day free gaming time from 12.12.2007 – 09.01.2008, starting at 18:00.

The Neocron Development Team wishes all Players, Game Masters, Moderators, Story Designers, and Fan-Sites a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

L0KI
10-12-07, 15:07
Sex :d

Any patch notes?

Dribble Joy
10-12-07, 15:07
Sex.

Patch notes?

SnowCrash
10-12-07, 15:08
Please also take a look at the webzines Neocronicle and Voice of the Resistance where the changes of the content update and the storyline's progress are explained within a role-play context.

( Storyline Live Thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141159) )

L0KI
10-12-07, 15:08
Strangely similar post DJ O_o

Rob01m
10-12-07, 15:09
Yes!

I was logging on a little while ago and it said "Unable to log on, server is going down soon, etc." and I thought OMG is it coming?! :lol:

This is very awesome, can't wait for patch notes.

Tickles
10-12-07, 15:11
Bitte achtet zudem auf die Ankündigungen bezüglich der Webzines Neocronicle und Voice of the Resistance, in denen die Änderungen des Content Updates rollenspieltechnisch erklärt werden und die Storyline voran getrieben wird.

lol wha?

Rob01m
10-12-07, 15:13
lol wha?

Google says:

Please also respect the announcements regarding the Neocronicle and Voice of the Resistance webzines, in which the changes of the content updates rollenspieltechnisch explained, and the story line is driven forward.

Tickles
10-12-07, 15:18
Ahh vielen dank! Ich verstehe nur ein bischen Deutsch (that right?)

Anyway on topic, it's looking good! Worst possible time for me though, I really need to do some uni work :(

Judge
10-12-07, 15:24
I'm glad that I put one last bit of faith in KK and re-activated last weekend.

Looking forward to playing.

Riddle
10-12-07, 16:16
O my god!!!!

I go away for a long weekend to New York and come back to this!!! What a fucking great week this is, Sex KK and Merry Christmas!!

John Doe
12-12-07, 13:58
To begin with, we would like to thank the whole community! Your praise and enthusiasm have raised the spirits of the Neocron Team, and we are all very glad how well the changes were embraced.

... Free gaming time
Now that the extensive test phase is over, the relocation of the factions is finally completed. For this reason we offer a special treat for inactive accounts:

30-day free gaming time from 12.12.2007 – 09.01.2008, starting at 18:00.

The Neocron Development Team wishes all Players, Game Masters, Moderators, Story Designers, and Fan-Sites a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

SorkZmok
12-12-07, 14:11
Nooooooez, i just paid yesterday. :lol:

But as i was just gonna reactivate the 2nd account, still a great offer. Love you KK.

l8m0n
12-12-07, 14:11
Awesome! This is GREAT news, Thanks KK!

L0KI
12-12-07, 14:20
great news

StevenJ
12-12-07, 14:27
The Neocron Development Team wishes all Players, Game Masters, Moderators, Story Designers, and Fan-Sites a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!You guys did the hard work, we just complained whilst you did it :p Have a good, nice, long, drunken break over Christmas - You guys certainly deserve it!

now... time to loot my old accounts...

zii
12-12-07, 15:17
Congratulations KK.

I think that you worked very hard to do this and deserve a holiday.

L0KI
12-12-07, 16:08
Truly excellent patch. I think it Deserves to revive NC to all it's former glory.

Skusty
12-12-07, 16:15
Thanks for the free time! I will drop by today with a friend and say hello to all my friends and ascosiates. :D

olavski
12-12-07, 17:13
-edit-

KK, why did i not receive an email to let me know about the free gaming time? That way you could get a lot of potential players back.

John Doe
12-12-07, 17:22
... will be posted soon. For now play with people which are highly interested in Neocron and tracks this forum.

L0KI
12-12-07, 17:25
... will be posted soon. For now play with people which are highly interested in Neocron and tracks this forum.

I suppose that's a good idea, and makes good business sense. The people that are actively reading the forum are the ones that are more likely to re-sub after the 30 days free game time.

Archtemplar
12-12-07, 18:08
Woo free game time :D

olavski
12-12-07, 18:49

Okidoki.

Thanks for the free 30 days. :)

Jodo
12-12-07, 19:20
You bastards are nothing but dealers giving away freebies to get me addicted again! :lol:
I suppose I'll be online soon then. :D

boreal
12-12-07, 22:08
i WILL BE ONLINE... the RhinoDriver (more gunner atm) is BACK MOUHAHAHAHA

GONNA RAPE YOU ALL (all in RP way :P)

i like you all guy !!!

now im gonna try to log on tonight and if it work... im will come back for about 3 month for sure !

Tantta
13-12-07, 03:56
Perfect xmas present kk! Haven't played nc for long time now but i guess it should be about damn time to come check hows things. :D
Thought one thing that will bother me is that i can't just login for pure pk'ing, need to figure out how to setup builds right and get this new gear what ever there is. I need to leech apu and pistol spy slasher build somewhere!

41m left on downloading client. :cool:

MkVenner
13-12-07, 04:04
Let's see if I can remember my log-in details...

...no

Cor
13-12-07, 06:53
Ok, So I signed up afew hours before the free time started .. I got to excited about the the patch wasn't paying attention to the notes and wanted to come back and I paid for one month so can I cancel my account now get my money back or play now and add the one month I paid for at the end of the free time?? coming back for the winter month anyway.

Riddle
13-12-07, 11:29
Time to dust of my other account details, see what i can use :)

Richard Slade
14-12-07, 00:42
*dance*

And thanks Sakletare for notifying,
MSN is borked so I sen my luv here!

See ya'll in the cron.
Or not, I still got my rare stealther (Oblit?)

netster
14-12-07, 12:56
good deal, but from the response i heard from older players (all inactive) will only a small group try the free time.

L0KI
14-12-07, 13:45
There were a lot of negative people online last night.

A lot of people on OOC who did nothing but log on to insult the NC community.
The main problem with free game time I guess.

Faid
14-12-07, 16:39
There were a lot of negative people online last night.

A lot of people on OOC who did nothing but log on to insult the NC community.
The main problem with free game time I guess.
Is to be expected, but don't worry, like always, those people will be gone soon and the real players can have some fun :D