PDA

View Full Version : Returning after 2 years... worth it?

Jaeon
10-12-07, 02:30
Hey all,

I was around 2 years ago, skilled my characters to a high level, then for some reason i quit.

Im trying to remember the reasons why i left, and all i can remember is:

- Area crashes, bugs and weird location lags..
- Places you could only go if you exploited... and everyone was doing it.

But...

From all the MMO's i've played, and i've went through 5-6 different ones, this one is the only one i actually missed!

I loved the sets, the concepts on the factions, the storylines behind it all.. The cool classes, weaponry, etc..

I've been wanting to return, but from what i read, not much has changed except for the fact that the population is at an all time low..

Why is that?

I was hoping that by now most bugs and unbalances would have been fixed, and the game was thriving on :(

One of the things thats stopping me to just log in back is the gametime payment. Most games nowadays go F2P (free to play) with option for premium accounts, which is awesome to draw people in, and eventually people get the premiums if they like the game.

I wonder if its in any of the dev's plans to make it F2P, but i'd say that if: the majority of bugs and unbalances were fixed, and there was a F2P option around, Neocron would be crowded with people, since its so refreshing from all the MMO fantasy crap around.

Don't really know what to do :P

jini
10-12-07, 07:43
There are still bugs and crashes in the game, but a lot of things have been fixed as well.
Since you left, apu reign is over, classes are balanced and skill is needed to play the game. New weapons were introduced as well.
Populations are low, but on the rise, and we expect them to rise even more with that new patch.
I don't think you can find something more involving in the mmo market atm

Apocalypsox
10-12-07, 08:21
i personally dont get too many of the crashes anymore, but i cant speak for everyone. I would personally wait until the next content patch, as everything will be better then.

TicketInspector
10-12-07, 11:03
With the latest pop growth spurt and active clans.... Its deffiantly worth checking it out again. Some great active clans bring great fights!

L0KI
10-12-07, 11:51
Quite honestly, I've been back for 3 weeks... Actively back for 2 weeks.

I have not crashed ONCE whilst playing. The only time I seem to have problems is in TH, where every now and again I cant see an Item in my inventory, or they all vanish.

A quick relog sorts it.

If you have ever seen me around, you know I don't bullshit people. I don't smacktalk, and I give credit where credit is due.

As for the current state of NC:

I am seeing more and more players return daily. When I reactivated, there were 60 people on at peak times, thats now 100 + again - which is a great improvement.

I am currently having more fun in game than I have had since NC1 - the PvP is good, even though there are some big issues with WoC being almost a requirement to compete.

Either way, yes - it's worth it. You hit the nail on the head when you said that NC was the MMORPG that you missed. The reason for that, is that it is the best MMORPG ever made - and anyone that stuck around for this long, I'm sure will agree with me.

Welcome back :)

Apocalypsox
10-12-07, 16:41
NOW ITS WORTH IT! WOOOO PATCH!

Yeah. i wasnt expecting the patch to be out for a while when i wrote the above. Ignore me now and come back.

Logan_storm_03
10-12-07, 17:20
The patch looks bitchin' so yes. Resub. I might also at some point.

Jaeon
11-12-07, 15:52
Well thats it then, i've asked KK to reactivate my account and change my payment method to paypal.

Can't wait to log back on, its been too long :lol:

Meanwhile i made a trial account just to refreshen my memory, and ahhh sweet memories started flooding in :cool:

ashley watts
11-12-07, 17:51
Enjoy :), P2 fights again, wow it feels good lol

Dead Bodies
12-12-07, 00:20
NC1=SEX
NC2=Sexy
NC2.2 + patch 168=Cream in your pants sexy

zii
12-12-07, 10:30
Enjoy :), P2 fights again, wow it feels good lol
You were playing on the wrong server! I never left PP for fighting.

L0KI
12-12-07, 10:36
I think this is truly Neocron at it's best.

It just needs the Pops it once had, and the GMs involvement on the servers once more (ie, random spawn events etc).

You were playing on the wrong server! I never left PP for fighting.

Neither did we mate, he said P2, meaning Plaza 2.
(Unless I have misunderstood you...)

Jaeon
13-12-07, 04:52
Its good to be back :)

Gohei
14-12-07, 02:05
As for the current state of NC:

I am seeing more and more players return daily. When I reactivated, there were 60 people on at peak times, thats now 100 + again - which is a great improvement.

Is that 100+ peak on saturn ?

Jaeon
14-12-07, 13:47
Its been busy i think... Terra server has been on 13% at night...

L0KI
14-12-07, 13:48
Is that 100+ peak on saturn ?

I take it you meant Terra...

It was 150 last night.

Nytewolf2k7
14-12-07, 14:13
Ooooh, This I gotta see, I remember low populations

System
15-12-07, 03:19
o0! this is has been some time, They Finally moved back into NC! the good old days of Pepper Park pvp.

Well i'm redownloading, it's been years since I've really played this game. So we will see, but I have messaged all my old clan mates about the 30 days trial and we will be hitting it up to see if it is worth it or not.

So has much changed with a PPU? is my 5 slotted Spells Ultimated worth anything anymore? Wonder if my 5 slotted Spirit modded silent hunter is still there... with rounds in it

Jaeon
15-12-07, 04:25
o0! this is has been some time, They Finally moved back into NC! the good old days of Pepper Park pvp.

Well i'm redownloading, it's been years since I've really played this game. So we will see, but I have messaged all my old clan mates about the 30 days trial and we will be hitting it up to see if it is worth it or not.

So has much changed with a PPU? is my 5 slotted Spells Ultimated worth anything anymore? Wonder if my 5 slotted Spirit modded silent hunter is still there... with rounds in it

Its been quite hectic these last few days, loooads of people returning :)

As for your gear... well, many things changed, but perhaps will give you the incentive to restart gameplay ;)

See you inside