PDA

View Full Version : Possible way to reduce your lag

Tickles
07-12-07, 16:11
I've looked on the forums and asked around in the server, and it seems that there is no way to turn of the decals like blood, and explosion marks from an area without zoning or relogging. Blood pouring from mobs and laying on the ground causes me to lag alot and asking around, it seems to make others lag too.

Anyone know a way of turning decals off? Would KK think about adding that to the (very limited) options menu?

HOG
07-12-07, 17:00
Would KK think about adding that to the (very limited) options menu?

great idea! Yeah i think a lot of people lag due to all the blood and explosions. It would be great to have an option to turn them off in the menu.

jini
07-12-07, 17:23
Another great idea, that needs to be done together with the option for turning off this stupid grass... Another great idea that will simply never happen :(...

HOG
07-12-07, 17:31
yeah grass too =0

ashley watts
07-12-07, 17:48
Yeah man, faily good idea, i know a lot of people suffer from the FPS drops through Decals.

Seraphin[69]
07-12-07, 19:51
The vegetation is a pain even for a 8800 GTX card in opwars....

james_finn
07-12-07, 20:05
']The vegetation is a pain even for a 8800 GTX card in opwars....

Thats because the game is still CPU limited - and with the way processors are going for the "core wars" NC will not get a bonus from the latest multicores, and the fact that core speed has been lowered to keep temps down in multicores means that possibly people with a newer pc might have worse framerate than older pcs...