PDA

View Full Version : Something clicked together in my head.

Heavyporker
06-12-07, 10:15
I may be an idiot, but if runners are getting kicked out of DoY...

Where does the Black Dragon epic apartments go?

Will everyone lose theirs? (yes, I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth already, mine included. I'm not even going to tell Beggar Jeggar if this happens - he had to disengage from NC around the same time as me, and he's still off in fucking fairy land. But don't get between him and his apartments, is all I'm saying. I want to survive.)

If KK does something stupid like moving BD epic apartments to, what, Outzone or something...

How the fuck will that blend in with the aesthetic of Outzone or Neocron?! Don't be snide and say that BD epic apartments are going to TH or MB. We all know they won't, simply won't.

Is BD completely losing the epic apartment? What kind of crap are we going to get in lieu of that? (If it's shoehorned in like KK usually does, it'll be something as hideously lame as the Freedom Strike grenade or the grenade-launching wheeler car, much as I love the idea of these. KK, fucking sort out the wheeler car weaponry!)

nabbl
06-12-07, 10:31
youre a pussy...

and y should it be bad when the epic appartment is in the outzone?

Jodo
06-12-07, 11:46
Yeah I'd have thought OZ too, with maybe a random chance of Pepper Park depending on your luck, much like the DRE apt.
OZ has always felt annoyingly far from the city for my tastes, it'd be nice if they were all in PP.

L0KI
06-12-07, 12:14
I don't even understand the purpose of this thread. Should have just posted a reply in the patch thread tbh :rolleyes:

But whatever. I don't share your feelings. Infact, I don't really care that the apartments are moving to OZ. The pro's of all of this, FAR outweigh the cons.

Heavyporker
06-12-07, 16:47
Wow.

And I guess you guys just think of the Mona Lisa as some paint on canvas that should have been used to make clothes.

Sheesh. Philstines.

Or maybe you simply can't comphrend my question.

Let's see if I can't break it down.

Black Dragon Epic Apartment looks *this* way, a particular architectural style and interior design aesthetic.

Outzone (and also Pepper Park, but within the same family of architecture and interior design style) looks *this other way*, a different architectural style and design aesthetic.

I make the claim that BD Epic Apartments will not conceptually fit well with simply lumped into the Outzone.

That enormously simplified enough for you, nabbl and co. ?

Dribble Joy
06-12-07, 16:52
I'd say the OZ is sufficiently run-down that the DoY apts will fit in well enough.

Besides, you can't leave them in DoY can you (though I do think you should still be able to buy apts in DoY)?

Also, stop being such a self important arse :).

Heavyporker
06-12-07, 17:09
First off, the Patch Discussion thread only discusses the three normal types of DoY apartments having their entrances moved to Outzone (just... yurrrch), right off Outzone Station (triple yurrrch).

(Personally, I would have thought any new apartment entrances being put into the Outzone would be in Outzone Sec-9. Props and cookies to anyone that realizes why.)

Therefore I'd consider it quite appropriate to ask after the BD epic apartments. I mean... Let's take one thing in consideration - haven't you guys all noticed that practically all of Outzone is what, 2 or 3 stories tall?

And, last I remembered, isn't the BD Epic apartment something like 5 stories tall, at least, and when one takes the effort to get atop the roof, one sees the frigging Dome of York?! I've looked across the sky of Outzone, and sir, Dome of York does not look like Outzone, thank you very much.

It's been a long time since I bothered to get up through the crack of the roof of the level 1 DoY apartment, but I'm fairly sure that one will be looking at DoY, too.

Oh, and just from memory as well, the level 2 DoY apartment has this quite interesting view from the stairs. Care to remind me what that view looks out over?

Oh wait, can I ask someone with access to the roof of the level 3 Doy apartment to chime in? Wait, that won't be necessary. I can quite confidently say that one will be looking at the Dome of York.

I haven't heard word one about the base maps of the apartments being changed, so I'm quite sure that this will be an issue to point at and mercilessly jibe KK for.

Lastly, we take offense at your tone, Dribbling Jester. Take heed of the danger you are in, and cover thy mouth with humility. The royal guards have not had live target practice in far too long, and we shall not be restrained in letting them free play.

Obsidian X
06-12-07, 17:29
Porker, I don't think its a question of people not understanding your concern. Its more that the general consensus is that yes, the Dome Apartments don't really fit the Outzone, logistically speaking - and I doubt any base changes will be made to the maps (too much work and potential for screwups there methinks).

I think its much more simple - apartments from the Dome (I assume that includes the BD epic) are being moved to the OZ for convinience - convinience for the Devs, for the GMs (support ticket overdrive) and for the players. Yes the apartments don't fit aesthetically or logistically into Neocron, but I think I speak for the vast majority of the playerbase in saying that we are willing to overlook semantics for a smoother and more rapid transition into one big, chaotic Neocron city. ;)

William Antrim
06-12-07, 17:55
Porker, I don't think its a question of people not understanding your concern. Its more that the general consensus is that yes, the Dome Apartments don't really fit the Outzone, logistically speaking - and I doubt any base changes will be made to the maps (too much work and potential for screwups there methinks).

I think its much more simple - apartments from the Dome (I assume that includes the BD epic) are being moved to the OZ for convinience - convinience for the Devs, for the GMs (support ticket overdrive) and for the players. Yes the apartments don't fit aesthetically or logistically into Neocron, but I think I speak for the vast majority of the playerbase in saying that we are willing to overlook semantics for a smoother and more rapid transition into one big, chaotic Neocron city. ;)

HP I read your thread and I agreed with you. However I read obsidians reply and he captured my sentiments beautifully.