PDA

View Full Version : A way to Rezz NC, merge servers for 2.2.

onero S
06-12-07, 02:45
The new factions look awsome, the patch looks awsome, I am going to resubscribe for a month to check it out. The one thing that is missing now that nc 1 had is the population. If the servers are made 1, I garentee that players who come back to try the game will stay. It was low pops (imo) that killed 2.1.

Seriously, we can bring nc back to what it once 1.

nabbl
06-12-07, 10:32
no ... thx

Yelly
06-12-07, 11:15
now in a couple days it raised from 6 to 10 % so let's hope it continue

William Antrim
06-12-07, 11:47
Do a search, this dead horse has been flogged ad nauseum, just to mix metaphors. The idea is like marmite, you either love it or you hate it. What we should be doing is doing our best to bring in new people or help old returning players get back on their feet with regards to items and rares and such like that they might have missed in the time they have been gone.

I would rather help a player with a capped char who just needs a few guns to fight me again than worry about bringing some people onto our server who just might not be comfortable speaking in english. It would also be pertinent to probably help some of the newbs we do get as well, rather than looking for an instant "fix" by bringing over a boat load of people who might just quit due to the cultural differences that divided the servers in the first place.

L0KI
06-12-07, 12:15
Do a search, this dead horse has been flogged ad nauseum, just to mix metaphors. The idea is like marmite, you either love it or you hate it. What we should be doing is doing our best to bring in new people or help old returning players get back on their feet with regards to items and rares and such like that they might have missed in the time they have been gone.

I would rather help a player with a capped char who just needs a few guns to fight me again than worry about bringing some people onto our server who just might not be comfortable speaking in english. It would also be pertinent to probably help some of the newbs we do get as well, rather than looking for an instant "fix" by bringing over a boat load of people who might just quit due to the cultural differences that divided the servers in the first place.

Agreed.
Nothing to add, nothing to take away!

Zefrian
06-12-07, 13:00
If the servers are made 1 [...]Please burry that idea now once and for all.

This has been discussed countless times. There won't be a server merge.

Lodar
06-12-07, 14:50
From Snowcrash, posted a while ago (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2078285&postcount=77), but still relevant:

Some time ago we have already decided against a server merge, as well as a character transfer, as the technical realisation is very complicated and could lead to many unforeseen problems. The character data is linked together at many points and a merge or transfer would mean that large parts of the character data (apartements, items, etc.) could not be transferred, which effectively would mean an item wipe.

Our position has not changed concerning this matter, for that reason a server merge or charactertransfer will not be made available.

Therefore, as this has been discussed countless times, and as an official answer has already been provided, thread closed.