PDA

View Full Version : Discussion : EPIC Rewards

Riddle
04-12-07, 16:09
Epic rewards have remained relatively untouched since NC1.

Most now are out of date with the advancements in other areas of the game.

Some have gone from being an essential part of the game to nothing, now I don't advocate an epic being essential, just worthwhile!

We have:-

CA - NCPD Powerarmour (Style factor, Worthless in setup)

Bio - MOVE ON CPU (Worthless since changes)

DRE - Storage Cell (Worthless since Custom apartments)

TT - Epic Cannon/Pistol/Rifle (Worthless,As a capped player would you use one??)

NEXT - Reveler-Chaincraft V.2.5 (A must for the old hunting,Pre last patch, good just for its safety feature! i.e can't be destroyed,cheap to rep)

PP - Resistor Chip (Must have for resists)

FA - T-Haven CPU (Must have for tradeskiller)

TG - TG-275 Freedom Strike grenade (Worthless,I know!)

Crahn - Gaya Tacholytium Gauntlet (ok,Cag gloves in now)

BD - Apartment Key ( Worthless,Yes another apartment)

TSU - Assault Rifle (Worthless,Again, would you use this on a capped char?)

CM - Speed gun (Worthless,Every tank had one, now gathering dust)

Now opinions may vary hence the thread!!

The way i see it only 3-4 are even worth setting out to do!! now thats imbalanced.

I feel these should be revisited and adjusted accordingly to be relevant to the game today.

Thoughts?

HOG
04-12-07, 16:38
agreed. Something needs to be done with epic rewards =0.

silent000
04-12-07, 16:57
I fucking used to love chasing the people who wore that NCPD armor :lol: "BOX MAN, HAHAHA LOOK HOW STUPID YOU LOOK" I remeber we were all gathering for an Op war at BD and one rolled up on a quad, so about 15 of us eXL jumped on his quad and abused him :lol:

Dribble Joy
04-12-07, 17:05
Depends if you believe that epics should be end-game viable or not, whether all of them should be or just a few.

The weapons, being tl 75 are not going to be great unless the imp/skill system is reworked.

Gaya glove, I think it should do something different (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=140922).

DRE apt needs a change I agree. maybe the option of placing LOADS of cabs.

NCPD should be a generic PA, like the suggestion I made for carbonsilk here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=137808), but CA only and str 40.

Tickles
04-12-07, 17:14
Epics aren't just for capped players you know. You can finish epics at rank /45 i think, far from cap, and use the weapon to level effectively for a short while, especially if you are not as resourceful as some in getting constructed artifact weapons.

The Tangent epic is good for sniping mobs(cannon and rifle anyway), tsunami rifle is as well to a degree. The Gaya glove can also be a stepping stone for leveling.

However i agree, the rest of them are pretty worthless.

As a step to bettering melee, I think that they should make one of the epic rewards, maybe the TG one into a decent low tech melee weapon, (NOT more knuckles please!)

On similar note the WoC weapons should also be slightly readjusted. How hard is it to make Hurler King Knuckles WoC 1 again!?

William Antrim
04-12-07, 17:34
TG should be changed to a grenade launcher or underslung grenade launcher (give rifle users some AOE love).

Moveon needs a rework.

PPR is fine.

BD apt is fine, love that apartment.

DRE Apt - See my comment in other thread - (needs moving to P3 permanently)

NCPD pa probably should be adjusted to give bonuses equivalent to level 1 Power armour (class regardless - like a toned down version of regant pa would be good so viable for at LEAST 3 classes).

Speed gun i think needs a rework along with the TS assault rifle (burst fire weapon problems yada yada).

Reveller is still the best epic reward (non implant) imo so far from worthless.

Jodo
04-12-07, 19:31
[QUOTE=Tickles]As a step to bettering melee, I think that they should make one of the epic rewards, maybe the TG one into a decent low tech melee weapon, (NOT more knuckles please!)

A big fuckoff axe would be pleasing.

ashley watts
04-12-07, 19:47
I agree Epic items need to be re-worked

Obsidian X
05-12-07, 04:14
I disagree about the Reveller - at one time it was one of my prized posessions - yes I'm talking pre 2.2 when it was accessible to PEs as well. Now that pretty much only tanks can use it without drugging, the shine has been taken off it. Also, apart from the fact its indestructible, its not going to be the first choice for a HC tank anyway as there are stronger VHC weapons. Give the Reveller back to PEs! :mad:

The MOVEON deffo needs sorting, spent ages doing that Biotech Epic once upon a time, as it was the piece of gear to get for a tank, especially if, like me, you didnt have a Herc.

Tangent Epic weapons used to be good for WB hunting before the 2.2 weapon and PvE changes - now theyre not so hot...

Never used a TSU rifle, but they used to be all the rage at one point....

PPR is still good.

Gaya gauntlet, still good, not as necessary as pre 2.2 but still useful noneoftheless...

Never had a speedgun, so I cant comment on that although consensus is that they arent great....

DRE epic is pointless.

BD epic, not without its charms.

TH CPU - nice for the traders.

TG epic - useless.

CA epic - useless and ugly - change it to a proper copbot model, maybe with the runners head showing (no helmet) - to distinguish it from copbots and GMs.

Dribble Joy
05-12-07, 04:57
A big fuckoff axe would be pleasing.
We need a big fuckoff rocket hammer like Ido in Gunnm has. This is cyber-punk afterall.

Apocalypsox
05-12-07, 05:45
I use epic weapons in my second slot as backup weapons. a STORM laser and a TT epic cannon make a pretty halfass good combo on a tank. (One is single shot DPS, other is double shot and faster shooting)

Selket
05-12-07, 05:48
make all Epic Guns TL100 and the problem is solved.

MoveON changes to Heatdetector implant (Predator like Googles Can see and AIM stealtht Peeps)

TGGranades Changes to Neutronic Bomb. 5 Minutes Countdown if it blowup the complete sector will be radiated for 1 Hour (Radiation stacks) can be hacked to disable.

This brings style and Cyberpunk.

But dont touch the BD epic APPA that is Stylie

yuuki
05-12-07, 06:56
if you make epic guns tl 100 i want 100 strength on my pe.
tl 75 already is high enough but mebbe someone should think about not making the tl damage curve that steep.
dre epic is fine but needs a gr :p

zii
05-12-07, 11:07
Make the CA box suit a TG epic item:

If TG were KOS by copbots inside the city, then when a TG runner wears the suit he can waltz around the city without being rumbeled by a Copbot. This should not change his faction identification and he would be identified by other runners as TG. Its just to fool the copbots. It could also fool the copbots as far as negative SL went, perhaps?

I love my Speedgat. Dust it gathers.

Apocalypsox
05-12-07, 18:00
Shit, i just thought of something brilliant and forgot it.

OH YEAH! but thats not for this thread.

Going on with what the previous poster said, make the TG rifle a CA epic item and change it to a copbot-like Plasma Rifle (Without the stun) And with a choice for a guard-like plasma Cannon as well.

ashley watts
05-12-07, 18:32
I'm Still with the Meele chainsaw :cool:

Heavyporker
06-12-07, 17:14
I believe that Freedom Strikes grenades still need to be on tap, but something free for TG runners to get as a perk, like the Tsunami get a few free drugs at a time, right?

Or was that taken out ages ago?

Maybe they should bring back the free cheapie drugs for Tsunami, and then offer free Freedom Strikes for the TGs.

That said, a big axe as TG epic reward doesn't seem... right.

Chainsaw would be awesome, though.

More likely we'll see another lasersword, though. More within the world of Neocron. Actually, more that I think about it, I think we're going to see a Freezer Cannon from TG.

William Antrim
06-12-07, 17:56
I believe that Freedom Strikes grenades still need to be on tap, but something free for TG runners to get as a perk, like the Tsunami get a few free drugs at a time, right?

Or was that taken out ages ago?

Maybe they should bring back the free cheapie drugs for Tsunami, and then offer free Freedom Strikes for the TGs.

That said, a big axe as TG epic reward doesn't seem... right.

Chainsaw would be awesome, though.

More likely we'll see another lasersword, though. More within the world of Neocron. Actually, more that I think about it, I think we're going to see a Freezer Cannon from TG.

Fusion would be better and its Black Dragon not TS.

Dribble Joy
06-12-07, 19:22
'Nades are never really going to be any good. A 'nade launcher maybe, but then there's allready a tl 76 one.

I still say a rocket hammer.

DrRisk
06-12-07, 19:44
a rocket hammer eh? ill have 2