PDA

View Full Version : Could someone feel me in on how pvp combat works?

transduction
02-12-07, 13:02
How does pvp combat work in Neocron? Where do you go to battle other people?

Also, under the Skills menu(F5), where do you look to determine what lvl you are?

ashley watts
02-12-07, 13:31
Basically, theres an implant called the Law Enforcer n your head, this stops you PvPing, but if thats out you can kill anyone who you want anywhere you want (but not city sectors), and to lock on a player it works the same as PvE, theres not such things as battlegrounds in NC, because NC is one big battleground ;)

EDIT: to check your level, Hit F5 and under or above your Synaptic impairment bar, (cant remember), it says **/** then a few little symbols, your actual level is the one on the right

silent000
02-12-07, 13:38
Step One: Rip that muthafuking LE, it takes all your money after 2 days of playing....... :cool:

Step Two: Try pull out a weapon, if the copbots do not shout at you then continue....

Step Three: Wait around a little untill you find someone you can attack (able to target them with a aggressive weapon or a light name in your local tab)

Step Four: Let rip into that suka, tryign to get a constant aim on the little clipwhore, who cares if he is /64, its all good fun ;)

Step Five: If you do manage to kill a /64 then type sex over his body because that idiot needs some pure mocking.

Nah but seriously, once im back in-game ill give you a shout and teach you the ropes on PvP

Dead Bodies
02-12-07, 17:13
**WARNING**

You rip your le out and then you past rank 00/35 you can never put it back in. Be careful if your a die hard lvler or collector and only pvp occassionaly. becasue noy your ass is a big red target for any reds to put there guns into. so NO LE= PVP constantly on lookout. LE IN= tradeskiller /collector/ lvling currently. good luck m8

transduction
03-12-07, 10:25
I purchased a repair tool, but when I try to repair one of my damaged weapons, it says:

cannot repair damaged or complex tool

Why does it give me this message?

silent000
03-12-07, 11:35
Put your Reapir tool in slot 1 of your processor, then the weapon/item/whatever in the next slot, make sure you have repair lube in your inventory (bought at crytons) then press start, make sure your repair skill is more than half the TL of the item you are repairing

William Antrim
03-12-07, 14:35
It would give that message if the item you tried to repair was not repairable. Ie it would not have been a weapon, but something else, like a datacube or something. You probably had one of those inventory bugs where stuff gets changed around, theyre irritating at best.

Riddle
03-12-07, 16:30
a few self checks :- as above

- Repair tool TL is greater then the item your trying to repair.
- you have the skill points for repair allocated
- You have repair lube in inventory
- Item is indeed damaged (Check Info)

Good Luck Runner

Logan Ford CST.

Doc Holliday
03-12-07, 17:01
looking at the thread title basically dude you do what the others told you. get the best gun u can and just have a go.

everyone forget one thing though. they forgot to tell u no matter what happens every time u fight, win or lose, u must spend another half an hour shouting on ooc or trade channel about. its an absolute must :)

danmalone
08-12-07, 00:49
u must spend another half an hour shouting on ooc or trade channel about. its an absolute must :)

we ave enuf of them ingame already, dont be encouraging more to be doing it :p we might end up with another 'u know who' :lol:

transduction
09-12-07, 09:08
I appreciate the help guys, it was the repair lube I was missing. However, I just purchased a vehicle, and I don't know where to get it. I went to the outzone in Neocron and clicked on the Vehicle Depot Interface, but all it does is pop up with a blank box with a "next page" and "previous page" at the bottom.

Where do you get your vehicle once you've paid for it? Also, how do I activate the help channel on hypercom to talk to everyone in the game?

One more thing? Where do I find information which shows my Tech Level?

Matanius
09-12-07, 11:15
First off, with the vehicle, when you bought it you should have had a key in your inventory. You need to right click and 'activate' it. Then go to do the ASG (just outside the NC city gates)

The help channel you get by pressing F1 -> Custom Tab -> Scroll down to 'Player to Player help' channel and select it. Now when you chat you will be chatting in help :)

And as for the Tech Level you right click on any item in your inventory/Go-Go/Cabinet/Processor and then select 'Information'.

transduction
09-12-07, 11:41
And as for the Tech Level you right click on any item in your inventory/Go-Go/Cabinet/Processor and then select 'Information'.

I understand everything but this part. You say I right click on any item in my inventory and then the rest isn't clear. What is /Go-Go/Cabinet/Processor?

Also, I right clicked on the key, but the use/activate seems to be greyed out. I guess that means my TL is not high for it, but I would still like to figure out how to read my TL for future reference.

William Antrim
09-12-07, 16:01
Gogu is an abbreviation for Goguardian (the funny looking brown thing that stores all of your stuff).

The processor is your F7 window - everything goes in there for "processing" ie repairs, pokes, recycling etc. That window is how your character essentially makes things.

The tech level is not a personal thing, its a value given to each item in the game. What you need is to have the required skill of AT LEAST that level in order to use the item in whichever way it is intended.

E.g If you want to use an item that is tl20 and is a dex implant then you would need to have at least 20 dex. This is 90% accurate for items in the game. Some have a higher Tech level than their dex requirement (power armours at level 3 come to mind and a few others) but for the most part this is accurate.

I hope this helps.

Dead Bodies
09-12-07, 18:15
Im not quite sure what u want as of tech level m8 but ill give u a few examples.

1. YOUR RANK
If you open the F5 windoe (your stats window) above intl there is a ranking system that is there for lvling compatabilty and mission start compatabilty. it will say xx/xx example my tank is 93/63 93 being his wepon rank with the creed. and 63 being his overall rank from lvl's and implants. Ie he is woc 2 fully capped.

2. YOur Wepon / item REQuirements
If you right click / view on anything will bring up a new window with stats it will have some basic requirements IE you want to use pain easer. it would say like 94 dex 125 RC that would mean you must have 94 dex levels with imps and 125 rifle combat points with imps to be able to use it.

3. YOUR ITEM OR WEPON TL
Also if you right click / view you can also view the tl of the item wich is req for Construct, repair, research of the item. say for example you want to repair your vest right under the picture it displays a TL say 35 so you would need MINIUM 35 points to fix that armour but the more points u have the better u can repair the item and less trys it will take to get full fix.

4.Your stat TL
In your stats screen when you click on intl /str/con/dex/psi their are sub catagories those are where u allocate your points from gaining levels so u can meet the "TL" requirements of the items.

Hope i pegged it all.

E&E