PDA

View Full Version : I've just had a brainwave.... to get more pops

TicketInspector
01-12-07, 17:05
On youtube, there are endless Neocron videos, including all the classics. I was thinking, that some of us could go on youtube and post replys to the videos with information about this new patch to get more people interested.

Something like "NC 2.2 being patched to NC1 factions and locations...." etc....

If you guys think its a good idea, I think we should devise a "copy and paste" type thing for everyone to do on a Neocron video they find on youtube.

I have to go in a now, but I think this is a really good idea. I watch a few of the "oldies" on youtube and I see that people watch these videos now and again, and even ask for a bit more information about the game.

I think we should give them just that =)

Apocalypsox
01-12-07, 19:20
I think we all need to contact our old NC1 buddys and yell in their ear "NC1 HAS BEEN REZZED! GET YOUR ASS BACK TO PEPPER PARK!"

TicketInspector
01-12-07, 21:00
I think we all need to contact our old NC1 buddys and yell in their ear "NC1 HAS BEEN REZZED! GET YOUR ASS BACK TO PEPPER PARK!"

Well yeah exactly, I'm sure a few "vets" do look at some videos on youtube

trigger hurt
02-12-07, 04:23
I just resubbed earlier today. Having to level lowbie toons because I reactivated the wrong account and I don't want to reactivate the other just yet.

Anyway, starting over is kinda tough. Already talked to a couple true noobies in the pepper sewers. There are new people trying the game. KK needs to be working to keep these people playing.

To me what needs to be done is:

Improve the mission system. Allow people to stack multiple missions. Shouldn't be difficult, but I am not a programmer so I could be wrong. As a low level noob to the game, cash flow for the equipment you ever-so-quickly outgrow, missions are the only viable source of cash.

@the youtube movies. The real classics aren't there. I've been looking for the movies done by g0d and a few others and they're nowhere to be found.

Faid
02-12-07, 07:27
help the noobs any way you can, I usually research and build their noob stuff with illegals and give them 100K so it doesnt seem too hard to keep going.

nobby
02-12-07, 16:03
to get more pops, go back into television advertising (that's what got me into NC1)
Get front page advertising on MMO sites

And Maybe risk a console release... ^^

Breakaway
02-12-07, 19:43
nice idea, i have this one i made ages ago in neofrag http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOBgWzwEXuo

if anyone wants to link afew more? need to make a new one tbh, but im shit at pvp now haha :p

Rage
08-12-07, 16:56

It is possible that there's still some hardcore NC lovers out there... they just dont know NC2.1 exsistes... yet. sad huh

Im waiting for the patch.. monthy fee is around 9 to 10 dollars right? been a minute.. I know things change. I miss all the vehicles I made. Fell In love with my 4wheeler from the quest even though(at the time) it broke easy.. just alot factors I like about the game and miss.. like my big ol krib in DoY.. i think its like 4 or 5 stories and I had it full too and was still working on it when I left..

I got cabs full of rare parts LoL mann.. and a shyt load of 4 slotted 179 180% rare weapons... wanted to cap my Spy too and get my PE a Xbow... but that patch messed up the caves things where you got the item for the last part of the quest and I never got it.. this happened RIGHT after i got my something million xp sigh :(

Boi I remember it all

Skusty
08-12-07, 18:18
I've informed my friend who introduced me to NC, he said that he'd love to try NC after the patch. :D

I'll try to contact some more people. :p

Dead Bodies
08-12-07, 18:54
sounds more like a brain fart. there are 20,000 videos out there about Nc 19,999 of them are crap. make a good one and i ll post it on my webpage :)

hivemind
08-12-07, 19:45
help the noobs any way you can, I usually research and build their noob stuff with illegals and give them 100K so it doesnt seem too hard to keep going.
As I don't want to make a toon on the Eng server yet (leaving 4 slots open for my old chars if KK ever gets around to restoring them), I made a PE on Mars to check things out. I've been away long enough (since like mid-2003) that I don't remember a lot of things, and let me tell you - being a noob sucks. With low pops, there is no one to even get a n00b gun made from. I can't find any of the damned shops anymore, and half of them seemed to have moved (what is this? Neocron 2 - Re-arrangeocron?). So I fire up the nav-ray to find a Psi vendor to buy a glove and a heal, and it leads me directly into PP and BD guards (I'm Tangent) who mow me down.

I can see why noobs *still* don't last long.

L0KI
08-12-07, 21:12
I have noticed a lot of noobs on Terra today mate!

Everyone is doing their best to help them.
I have to say, the pops on Terra are rising rapidly - most likely from the news of the upcoming patch. However, hope you get your characters sorted dude - would be ace to have you back! :)

zii
08-12-07, 22:03
nice idea, i have this one i made ages ago in neofrag http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOBgWzwEXuo

HC tank vs pistol spy: erm, there were a few HLs being dropped by a hidden apu!

Proxy
08-12-07, 23:21
This game is everything but newbie friendly. With no high level friends, it's nearly impossible to get anywhere. The damage-calculations are still so ridiculously bugged it's unbelievable and the netcode was probably in development when ENIAC was still the worlds fastest computer.

And who got the idea to turn a game with such a big emphasis on PvP-combat into this PvE-fest? There seem to be only a few ways to get to a level where WoC is a possibility, and the xp needed is such a huge amount that no-one ever does anything but level in dungeon-areas.

There's hardly anyone out in the wastes killing single mobs (which is mostly because they've been buffed beyond belief and are nearly impossible without backup) or more importantly PvPing! In fact, the only player on player action that seems to be going on are the very few op-fights (which are pathetic in scale due to low populations) and the Pepper Park Zonewhoring.

I'd have stayed and maybe even leveled a character to the "cap" if it wasn't for the ridiculous amounts of killing that has to be done to do so. Sitting in a dungeon for months, killing the same mobs over and over, to get a small advantage in non-existant PvP-combat, have a gm refuse to change my useless rifle-chips into pistol ones because the time has run out (I haven't played for at least two years, and every single chip I had on my two pistol-characters were turned into rifle ones, which were near worthless in comparison), and realizing that switching factions to join the same clan as my friends would require insane grinding, was not what I wanted to come back to.

I wouldn't recommend this game to my worst enemies anymore.

Cromac
09-12-07, 03:15
[ edited ]

Dead Bodies
09-12-07, 23:21
[ edited ]Last edited by Trivaldi : Today at 10:46. Reason: Flaming

BOOM! you got smashed! dont fuck with the forum!

Neodude
10-12-07, 06:14
I've been asking a few of my mates who were playing years ago to re join, bit of luck they will.

Been back for a short time myself and i'm quite enjoying it.

Rage
11-12-07, 19:21
This game is everything but newbie friendly. With no high level friends, it's nearly impossible to get anywhere. The damage-calculations are still so ridiculously bugged it's unbelievable and the netcode was probably in development when ENIAC was still the worlds fastest computer.

And who got the idea to turn a game with such a big emphasis on PvP-combat into this PvE-fest? There seem to be only a few ways to get to a level where WoC is a possibility, and the xp needed is such a huge amount that no-one ever does anything but level in dungeon-areas.

There's hardly anyone out in the wastes killing single mobs (which is mostly because they've been buffed beyond belief and are nearly impossible without backup) or more importantly PvPing! In fact, the only player on player action that seems to be going on are the very few op-fights (which are pathetic in scale due to low populations) and the Pepper Park Zonewhoring.

I'd have stayed and maybe even leveled a character to the "cap" if it wasn't for the ridiculous amounts of killing that has to be done to do so. Sitting in a dungeon for months, killing the same mobs over and over, to get a small advantage in non-existant PvP-combat, have a gm refuse to change my useless rifle-chips into pistol ones because the time has run out (I haven't played for at least two years, and every single chip I had on my two pistol-characters were turned into rifle ones, which were near worthless in comparison), and realizing that switching factions to join the same clan as my friends would require insane grinding, was not what I wanted to come back to.

I wouldn't recommend this game to my worst enemies anymore.

There's no doubt that the mob strength level need to be adjusted some... but everything else, including that.. kan be fix with a good raise in the pop, less u want to solo Warbez.. which is what I like. As for the Chip issue =\ ...gosh.. I dont know. Wish I kould help... all I kan say is keep trying as I dont know much or anything about that issue. Anyone else have the same problem?

I havent played in maybe 8 months now so I hope all my chips/items/gear is still intact

* 1 question is.. AFTER they do patch, what new bugs will show up then?!? Maybe such-and-such weapon not showing up, or ammo reload bug.. I know there'll be a few if not a lot of quest issues but hopefully it'll at least be 80% bug free, to the point where you'll say "Ok i kan wait for the fix of those."