PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] Body Count - the state of play.

William Antrim
01-12-07, 05:17
Good morning all its 3am.

We have just got off some of the best op fights I have had in nc in a long time. I am thoroughly worn out. However it was awesome fun.

Now, before the bullshit starts and the clan sniping and anything else the rest of the server might want to throw at us. We are not the "new" bd clan. We have been BD (the founding members) for a long time. We were BD in nc1 and we decided to go back there a long time ago (over a year to be exact).

Having had a bit of a hiatus away from nc I find myself drawn back. Some of the guys I used to clan with have also come back to play. For the most part we are rusty, we havent gamed together in a long time, and we have some fresh blood. We are learning to op fight together as a team. So far so good.

Now, onto tonights events. We attacked several ops, I doubt we will keep them by tomorrow but thats not the point. We attacked because we had people on and we wanted to fight. We took one op from each of the other op holding clans in NC. Some turned up to defend, some sadly did not.

To those that did, I say GOOD FIGHT, it was awesome. We know where we need to improve, tactics and skillswise. To those that flamed on ooc, move over there is no room for you here.

We did not ninja anyones ops. We attacked several clans purely for the fights. We don't care about keeping ops and we dont necessarily expect anyone to GIVE us any ops. We will take them when we can but most importantly we will fight.

Op holding in nc is a full time job. You either ninja the ops or have a massive clan who can hold them 24-7. I dont care what anyone here says - EVERY one of you has ninja-ed an op at some point in nc. We are rarely active during the week as a whole (RL is more important) but on the weekends expect us to leave our dirty digital footprints in "your" hacknet op zone some time soon.

This does not mean we are here to attack neutrals, it does not mean we are here to pk allies. This will not happen unless provoked. We are not "at war" with any other clan in nc. We dont "hate" any of you. We are simply a bunch of like-minded 20 somethings who want to inject a bit of humour and a bit of good old fashioned whoop ass into nc.

Therefore this message is simple. This is my clan and this is what we stand for. Everyone in the clan is onboard with this and I am here to let you the general public understand this. This is not a recruitment drive, we are not up for pinching members of clans, we just have had a few weeks prepping and wanted to make our mark on Neocron and introduce you all to a few old uranus players and some of their talented associates.

Let the good times roll.

Kid Twist.

Body Count

Heat
01-12-07, 05:51
you are welcome to attack any op you want ... unless the other clan is able to defend (more than one member online) ... we are always up for fighting and as you mentioned we gave you time to come and defend ...

we stood inside the op (Yutano) for over 10 minutes and noone appeared ... so we decided to take it ...

hope we get some more attacks from you guys... was fun to fight you ;)

GF BC, GF !

mfg
Bonny

William Antrim
01-12-07, 05:55
We were waiting for you at Tescom......

Don't for a moment think we are daft enough to let you pick the ground to fight on. As Sun Tzu says, if you do that you've already lost.

;)

Heat
01-12-07, 06:20
and we came to tescom ;) was nice fight there, although i was forced to fight as PPU *warghs* ... i hate to play this class tbh xP

Doc Holliday
01-12-07, 12:57
and we came to tescom ;) was nice fight there, although i was forced to fight as PPU *warghs* ... i hate to play this class tbh xP

Lol. good fights indeed. Just please make sure joe DORKlion doesnt try and run his mouth ruining it. im suprised he doesnt stealth away from arguements :)

yeah bonny u did wait. we had some probs getting the team back together as a one or 2 left but we gave it a good shot. thanks to you guys and to the sxr guys who had a go with us. great fun.

Dribble Joy
01-12-07, 14:35
I allways seem to be working or doing something else during the evenings when there's an OP fight....

Faid
01-12-07, 17:59
aww I'm sad I missed the OP fights last night as I was getting drunk :P I heard it was good fun though. We shall be around most of the weekend though, and look out cause I just reactivated my accounts! :p :eek:

L0KI
02-12-07, 13:44
Shame I missed it too Al - I was out drinking on a works party...

I'll be on today though dude.

megavoid
03-12-07, 14:19
Gaah,

BD getting into business again, my clan having some fun and I have to be in Holland, drinking my ass off, win a few bucks at Texas Hold'em and trash the shit out of my Wii-controller... :rolleyes:

Well, was fun anyway... hope I get some fights with you guys the next weeks! :D

Danny

William Antrim
03-12-07, 14:25
Yeah it was all good.

No shit talk thankfully, well apart from some clan calling themselves DI.... God only knows who they are.

As for the others, SXR bloody hell where did you get 13 members from! That was some tough fight. Every time we killed one it was like 3 or 4 turned up to replace them.

Grim - the usual affair - always a pleasure, never a chore.

Long may it continue.

NERD rage I salute thee! ;)

Jodo
03-12-07, 16:06
Every time we killed one it was like 3 or 4 turned up to replace them.

Hahahahaha Always a good tactic in any fight IMO.

Doc Holliday
03-12-07, 16:17
they probably glued a load of implants together and gave each set a gun to fight with ;) this is the 27th century after all.

Faid
03-12-07, 16:48
lol, naw we just happened to have about 15 people on yesterday all day, which is quite unusual, we normally have about 8-10. Good fights though was a great op fighting day, Bodycount, grim, and then DI (for all they tried) :D

megavoid
03-12-07, 16:52
What surprises me (in a positive way) is the constant lack of flaming and general shit-talking lately.

Although.... I just begin to miss it... a tiny little bit... :p :angel: :lol:

Danny

Doc Holliday
03-12-07, 16:58
What surprises me (in a positive way) is the constant lack of flaming and general shit-talking lately.

Danny

its the way it should be. one thing i liked about r2k when they were here was that they didnt smack talk (or certainly hardly ever) and they rezzed the dead enemies after fights. to me that shows class. i think most of the smack talk these days from bc is internal over vent or clan chat as we shake rust off and learn to perform to the levels we can. i could whine like a bitch and give u a reason why i died every time i do (which lately has been a few at op fights) but i wont. and i wont put in for anyone else doin it to me. we will be the best of whats left on the server and we will do it gracefully ;)

(god i sound like joe namath :O)

ps faid i hope those 15 had a blast and they all stick around/be around more often. :)

William Antrim
03-12-07, 19:26

Danny

DI have tried unsuccessfully to bring it back to Neocron, but someone needs to instruct them on how to do it properly. The seem to be recycling some old cliche'd insults and generally look very silly. :rolleyes:

Snedex
03-12-07, 21:06
its the way it should be. one thing i liked about r2k when they were here was that they didnt smack talk (or certainly hardly ever) and they rezzed the dead enemies after fights.

and I miss them :(

William Antrim
04-12-07, 01:40
Putting this to rest right now.

Grim you need to let DI stand on their own two feet. All this bs about we are helping our friends and shite. No chance we are gonna fight like that. Every other clan on this server can fight by themselves. If DI cant do that they dont deserve ops.

This happened exactly the same on uranus in NC1 (only that time it was united by language and nothing else) and it killed the server. Everybody got tired of facing a 50 man clan spread across 5 factions and quit. When that happened this clan NCAT who you may or may not have heard of turned up and owned a dead server.

I dont want to see the same thing happen to this server as currently there are four (the way i see it) op fighting clans, Body Count, SXR, Warlords and yourselves.

If DI want to fight alongside Grim then they should join Grim with some alts. At least then anyone picking a fight with Grim would know what theyre up against. I dont want this whole thing to devolve into a he said/she said bs and I dont really want to have to dredge up EVERYONE i know in this game to come and own you lot.

megavoid
04-12-07, 01:56
100% ACK mate,

we just discussed the matter on TS and came to a similar conclusion.

We have offered to help upstart opfighting clans in the past and as I said a few times before we are dedicated to revive opfighting on Terra. Helping another clan for weeks or even months is no option for us either. Helping DI for a few days is an option, we will do it as we have started it and cannot forsake them instantly. Fewer and finally no members of G.R.I.M. will show up at DI-opfights in the near future.

DI, like any other upstart opf-clan can ask for our help and depending on the people involved we might help... for a while! Finally the ally has three options:
Get a mature opfight clan that can live on its own.
Join another clan they know and like.
Get out of opfighting business again.

Danny

William Antrim
04-12-07, 02:02
They need to learn to walk now then. They have crawled today and can walk tomorrow. They made their bed, let them sleep in it.

We will continue in the same spirit of good fun to fight with Grim as and when we have the players online. I am glad you can see the fairness in this.

Heres to some bloody good fights.

spinx
04-12-07, 02:08
It was a bloody good fight, but just remember us DI are only a new clan with new members and we have to learn from some of the best. we only have 13 fighting members in the clan all from diffrent time zones, so we cant always fight proply we are looking to recruit more people to fight and defend with us.
Im sorry for the flaming but some people can be so childish. being the leader of DI im going to try stamp out the flaming so we can be friendly with all people but fight as enemys.

we did defend from WRLD on our own that im suprised about so if anyone can congrats us on that lol.

psycic monk

Faid
04-12-07, 02:51
Yesterday was the first time in a very long time that I can remember where all the op fighting clans were waiting turns to fight one another lol. Was a very fun day with minimal shit talking, which is a nice change to the terra atmosphere.

StevenJ
04-12-07, 03:43
We're getting quite excited and developing itchy trigger fingers here - last time we came out of retirement there was no opposition each time we were in at the same time... it's sounding quite, quite sexy right now :angel:

silent000
04-12-07, 12:26
I'll join ya DI, i wud love to the be with qeeqaek, but I can teach some of your new members the ropes, but I'm not going to tell you how to do it completely, its a fucking good laugh learning the tactics

EDIT: Btw who owns Chester right now? because as soon as i get back i wanna get a nice figt going down there, that OP is fucking beautiful

William Antrim
04-12-07, 12:34
Cracker you should revive Tangent mate. Since we left to go to BD warlords went inactive and obviously EXL is the only other clan of any note in Tangent in a long time.

Chester is currently being err, contested, by several clans. Us (Body Count), SXR and even Grim I think have all owned it for various periods in the last week.

StevenJ
04-12-07, 12:39
Yes Cracker... whilst you owe me money, you're going nowhere! :mad:

:p

megavoid
04-12-07, 13:05
Chester is currently being err, contested, by several clans. Us (Body Count), SXR and even Grim I think have all owned it for various periods in the last week.

Yesterday it was in SXR's hands and I guess it still is... I was not on the whole weekend and don't know the whole story but before I left on Friday it had been a WRLD OP for weeks...

Danny

silent000
04-12-07, 13:30
I'm preety sure there is talk amoungst our vent anyway for a resurrection of eXL and i dont think we wud ever switch factions :cool:

Doc Holliday
04-12-07, 13:35
way too much shit talking went off last night FROM BOTH SIDES! im tired of it and its immature and it gets u nothing. fucking pointless. Put your money where your mouths are and psycic dont come on here bullshitting trying to look good if you cant keep your clan under control.

there was plenty of stuff said last night that, given the chance i would ask for the 3 minutes i spent reading it all back as it was a waste of those 3 minutes.

tragic really.

ps. Bonny or who ever from grim? why do u always come for me in every op fight? its flattering but very annoying.

megavoid
04-12-07, 14:10
We try to minimize ooc-spamming on our side, but directly after the action some comments raise emotions and further arguments and some things are said that had better remained unspoken.
Whatever, I don't like shittalking either, but some on all sides see it as part of the game...

Bonny or who ever from grim? why do u always come for me in every op fight? its flattering but very annoying.

What do you mean? Being targeted or being flamed? I don't quite get it... as far as I know we have no preferred targets or flamebaits (except the ones screaming for it)... o_O

Danny

Doc Holliday
04-12-07, 15:05
post removed. im just in a bad mood today.

Faid
04-12-07, 15:35
Its probably more routine than anything else, we do the same thing, target this guy first then this guy etc. etc.

Matanius
04-12-07, 20:49
Looking forward to getting back to OP fighting after reading all this tbh. Although my only capped char is currently a droner...guess I need to sort that one out. I'm also not the best (to put it politely) at PvP, but love a good fight none the less.

As for smack-talking...I hate it, if anyone in eXL ever does it during or after OP fights I tend to shout at them on vent as does Steven! :p

silent000
04-12-07, 21:02
Aye eXL was pretty good for keeping our mouths shut, but without smack talking from the opposing clan it just isn't as fun :cool:

Oh btw, you bastards have made me hit the download button on NC, i hope your happy :mad:

Matanius
04-12-07, 21:03
I most certainly am my good man. Now I can sex Cracker all day long :D

Apocalypsox
05-12-07, 01:03
Cant wait to get back ingame with Dark Avenger and pown some face :lol:

Now i just have to learn not to suck! I think ill reroll the old Apocalypso version of my tank. ...if they ungimp the CS.

ashley watts
05-12-07, 01:14
Cant wait to get back ingame with Dark Avenger and pown some face :lol:

Now i just have to learn not to suck! I think ill reroll the old Apocalypso version of my tank. ...if they ungimp the CS.

Oh my gosh apoc !, I still love the CS, Ill challenge thee to a cs duel one day my good man !