PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2.2 - Content Patch

John Doe
29-11-07, 19:40
The additions for the content patch are nearly finished and are currently in testing. We apologize for the repeated delay, but are happy to finally be able to make this announcement.

Primary changes are obviously the new faction-relationships and -territories. We also took your wishes and the results from the PvE discussion into account.

The patch details will be adjusted and then announced as usual in the patch notes. General information on the content changes will be broadcast beforehand by Christian "Snowcrash" Schütt.

Last but not least: As so often at this time of year, Christmas is drawing nearer day by day, and once again it might bring one or two surprises.

SnowCrash
29-11-07, 19:46
Dirk „John Doe“ Wilhelmy recently informed you about the current status of the content patch. I would like to take the opportunity and give you a short overview of the changes. Please bear in mind that I cannot go into detail, as all changes are still in testing, and we do not want to spoil some special surprises.

Dome of York
The 10 DoY sectors are split up into PvP and PvE zones with according zone rights. Gene replicators, shops and NPCs were removed. The DoY City Center will remain a safe zone with a GR as a starting point in the dome.

The low and medium sized dungeons were moved to the Outzone. The new PvE zones now contain high level dungeons.

Faction Headquarters
The Faction Headquarters have returned to their original positions in Tech Haven, Canyon Facility and Neocron.

DoY Apartements
All DoY apartments (Starter, Normal and Clan) created prior to the patch day will remain as they are, but their entrance is moved. The new entrances can now be found in the Outzone Apartment Complex, which can be reached via Outzone Station. DoY style apartments can still be bought after the patch, but their entrance will too be in the Outzone Apartment Complex.

Newly created Clan apartments of DoY factions will appear in the old locations Tech Haven, Canyon Facility and Pepper Park.

Guards and Copbots
All guards in the city sectors were removed. Within the safe zones, Copbots will react to soullight, but not to sympathy. GRs, zone borders and apartment entrances in non-safe zones are guarded by Copbots that react only to drawn weapons. The farther away from the city's center, the less Copbots are deployed.

Faction Relationships
The faction relationships have been adjusted and orientate at the Neocron 1 state.

Further information on the content patch will follow with the patch notes on patch day. Once we settle on a release date, you will be the first to know.

Dribble Joy
29-11-07, 19:52
Dome of York
The 10 DoY sectors are split up into PvP and PvE zones with according zone rights. Gene replicators, shops and NPCs were removed. The DoY City Center will remain a safe zone with a GR as a starting point in the dome.
What benefit/reason is there for PvP in the dome? OP style sectors?

Guards and Copbots
All guards in the city sectors were removed. Within the safe zones, Copbots will react to soullight, but not to sympathy. GRs, zone borders and apartment entrances in non-safe zones are guarded by Copbots that react only to drawn weapons. The farther away from the city's center, the less Copbots are deployed.
Sex.

Faction Relationships
The faction relationships have been adjusted and orientate at the Neocron 1 state.
Bleh, I'd preffer it that CM is neutral, rather than allied to nearly all the 'pro' factions.

StevenJ
29-11-07, 19:54
That sounds excellent, thanks for the info!

silent000
29-11-07, 19:59
Well i guess i will rinstall wen i know the release date :cool: Good Job lads

Tickles
29-11-07, 19:59
Dome of York

The low and medium sized dungeons were moved to the Outzone. The new PvE zones now contain high level dungeons.

I really like this a lot. If you want some where else to pvp, you can GR into DoY and head into a PvP zone, much like PP1 is right now. If you want some good lvling dungeons then go to one of those zones. I hope this will still mean you will NEED to go to DoY for some reasons though, otherwise this may not be enough to get people to go there.

Also with less guards in NC, and a lot more people based there, then there will be a lot more action and excitement on the streets.

Can't wait, will resubscribe as soon as its out ;)

ashley watts
29-11-07, 20:15
very nice, now the wait on the release date :cool:

Tratos
29-11-07, 20:18
Couple of questions:

Tech Haven now belongs to the Angels again I'm assuming, have the safe zones been removed here and Fallen Angels security systems been brought back online?

The Canyon was a Dome Alliance facility, will this be a pure TG location now that it's their primary location again with the other faction guards removed?

Headquarters in the Dome were pretty cool for FA, TG and Crahn, have these areas been made into leveling spots and dungeons or may we see FA HQ linked from TH and TG's 'appartment set' HQ changed to their old Dome lodgings?

As for the Crahn Cathedral it was the best looking sector in the Dome, although it'd be cool to nuke some mobs in the rays of light from the stained glass windows, seeing it as another Crahn HQ elsewhere would also be cool.

I don't think people would mind about continuity issues if that was the case since their appartments have grown legs and walked too :)

---------------------------------

It's nice to hear some news, i was getting a little worried but avoiding the firefight on the forums.

Guards and Copbots
That sounds really good, will cut down on Zone Whoring allot, do faction HQ entrances count as zone boarders? or will these be classically guarded by that specific faction? (would be a nice little featurette if HQs were guarded by weapon reaction faction guards too :)).

Have copbots been reverted to their bad ass plasma weapons now there's less of them or will they still just nerf speed?

Here's hoping they have their plasma weapons back as this should bring an end to zone whoring all together. :)

William Antrim
29-11-07, 20:19
I'm too excited!!!!!!!

CHA0S
29-11-07, 20:25
So its true...... good things come to those who wait :lol:

im guessing 2 weeks

StevenJ
29-11-07, 20:28
Just saw this too

We also took your wishes and the results from the PvE discussion into account.This has become even sexier :D Nice work!

Zheo
29-11-07, 20:30
Bleh, I'd preffer it that CM is neutral, rather than allied to nearly all the 'pro' factions.

/signed

but oh well, bang goes my canyon appartments.

Also Snowcrash, if someone buys a clan appartment eg: FA or TG, will it be a techhaven/canyon clan appartment after the patch? Also can you still buy level 3 appartments in Techhaven/canyon

TicketInspector
29-11-07, 20:31
Thanks.

danmalone
29-11-07, 20:50
well, me thinks all of the KK ppl going to this piss up might aswell leave their wallets and purses at home, cause there will be sum v happy ppl now ( or so u hope ;) ).

[edit] that includes GM's aswell, is mr silentium making an appearance? i got him a cookie :)

Ziomens
29-11-07, 20:56
is any rumors about plaza sec 1 sector ?
its still secure sector ?
:angel:

LiL T
29-11-07, 21:24
I will deffinately reactivate when this goes forward, everything I hate about the current state of the game seems to have been put right with this future patch. The next thing I really think should be worked on is bugs, the ones which cause people to fatal, I know the fatals are a mix of problems and hard to track down. But these really ruin this game, obviously the netcode needs somework to try and stop some of the clipping but fatals are a show stopper imo and need sorting.

Dome of York

That is so awesome, you're making the outzone a usefull place, that zone is so cool to roam around in but currently not many people to bump into but I can see this changing with the patch :)

DoY Apartements
All DoY apartments (Starter, Normal and Clan) created prior to the patch day will remain as they are, but their entrance is moved. The new entrances can now be found in the Outzone Apartment Complex, which can be reached via Outzone Station. DoY style apartments can still be bought after the patch, but their entrance will too be in the Outzone Apartment Complex.

Newly created Clan apartments of DoY factions will appear in the old locations Tech Haven, Canyon Facility and Pepper Park.

Again good job, its looking sexy.

Speedball
29-11-07, 22:21
SEXY!

rework combat system as it was before and i'll be back

Brammers
29-11-07, 22:24
Yesterday, as some of you read I was not a happy person, but today I'm a lot happier. John Doe and Snowcrash thank you for posting an update.

I do like the changes to DoY, although can I sugguest reseting the City Centre GR so that we all have to fight our way to tag that GR? Us Dome citizens do have a slight advantage in already having that GR tagged.

The changes to the copbots and distribution of them are also good as well, it should put an end to the zonewhoring fights. Can something be also done to MB's zonewhores as well?

Nice update KK. :)

Doc Holliday
29-11-07, 22:57
nice work guys. i can see why you held off making firm announcements to be fair. this would have really been awkward had u made promises that werent pretty much certain. i think we will see a rise in activity now and alot more fun out of the game. good luck with getting it all tested and on the servers.

Bugs i can live with. Please if you can fix the balance to pvm a little more as well it would be on whole the best patch yet.

/me raises a toast. :)

Dead Bodies
29-11-07, 23:16
PRO:
im going to crap myself.... YAY the BEAUTIFUL Tech haven hQ will be back open. what mobs will be in the high lvl PVE caves. im soo excited BUT

CON:
Im pissed move my TG appy back to NC !!! bah put me in fricking caynon or leave me in doy i hate nc scum... and copbots in DOY WTF? they are rezza's troops get them out of here. .... also MAKE faction changing easier! im tired of dooing 50 missions just to change to do the next epic.

E&E

Zebul
30-11-07, 00:38
Sounds pretty awesome. Thanks guys and good work.

zii
30-11-07, 00:52
I had secretly hoped that Crahn would have remained banished to the Dome with a couple more GRs in the place. Will the old Crahn church in the Outzone get its GenRep back and will AB take control of the jail again?

I am very pleased to read that CopBots react to weapons drawn (and SL.) I think that they should also react to any TG (rebels) inside NC's PP/Plaza and VR. They are rebels and against NC.

The rest looks great.

I can set my PP2 box back to my primary GR. Phew. It was a good place to rent whores from.

SorkZmok
30-11-07, 00:59
Sounds great.
All people back in the city and some pretty neat new places to pvp in.

I'll definately be back. :)

Riddle
30-11-07, 01:29
Sounds Great, All back to original homes!! Although I never left my beloved NC heh heh.

The new PvE zones now contain high level dungeons.
The dome rework looks good, having High Level PvE content and maybe new Ub3r drops :p Hopefully designed to take advantage of team play :) and incorporate the balance in PvE which is needed as a whole.

A little bit concerned that the PvP zones will be deemed completely unviable due to the current issues we face with clipping, although I do remember Cmasters comment somewhere around it not being as prevalent indoors, we shall see.

All guards in the city sectors were removed.
sex and more sex :D
Gotta love the danger factor in NC, a feeling I have missed tbh, running down the street, looking over your shoulder, always on edge, someone may shoot your ass when your not looking;)

The faction relationships have been adjusted and orientate at the Neocron 1 state. The Faction Headquarters have returned to their original positions in Tech Haven, Canyon Facility and Neocron. Ahhhh Neocron 1 ...............will feel so at home again!!

Soon it will be time to dust of my other accounts and get on the batphone to these bloody Irish companies to sort me a reliable Broadband connection!!! so i can PvP aswell as sell all my shit :angel:

StevenJ
30-11-07, 01:32
Gotta love the danger factor in NC, a feeling I have missed tbh, running down the street, looking over your shoulder, always on edge, someone may shoot your ass when your not looking;) So, will BT's most famed contructor be requiring a body-guard? :angel:

Whilst on the topic: SXR - I've enjoyed being on the same side as you guys; in my experience you've all been honest and noble chaps! Will miss what brief and few interactions we had :(

L0KI
30-11-07, 01:33
That's excellent news, and an excellent looking patch.

I'm more than happy with everything I have read - and can quite honestly say I'm more looking forward to this patch than to any other you have ever implemented! :)

Great work KK!

(just let us know that something is being done next time yea?) ;)

LiL T
30-11-07, 02:02
I am very pleased to read that CopBots react to weapons drawn (and SL.) I think that they should also react to any TG (rebels) inside NC's PP/Plaza and VR. They are rebels and against NC.

Yeah I'm thinking the same tbh, TG could be the faction for people that don't want anything to do with Neocron and KOS to the copbots, it don't make much sense to have anti CA rebels running around in Neocron city. Me I don't care from my faction stance, I'm a BD I sell drugs to anyone willing to pay :p and occasionally rough people up that don't pay...

CMaster
30-11-07, 02:09
Have copbots been reverted to their bad ass plasma weapons now there's less of them or will they still just nerf speed?

Here's hoping they have their plasma weapons back as this should bring an end to zone whoring all together. :)

They've lost their beam-from-the-sky glue guns and been given nasty plasma since 2.2, boy.

LiL T
30-11-07, 02:10
They've lost their beam-from-the-sky glue guns and been given nasty plasma since 2.2, boy.

My god it better not be back to insta kill...

/edit high damage is fine but not death on entering the zone

braydagner
30-11-07, 02:31
hmmm *thinks about coming back*

Faid
30-11-07, 02:38
OMG! thankyou for the update, now I can reactivate my accounts :)

@stevenj - I to had good times with all you EXL lot, this should be interesting now being enemies with all the large clans on Terra :lol:

Doc Holliday
30-11-07, 02:43
well tg got the canyon. why are you moaning e&e :0

they could come in to nc disguised as normal runners too from an rp perspective so the copbots dont catch em but the runners do. think of it like that.

Cromac
30-11-07, 04:18
For the first time in 3 years I'm excited :)

Tratos
30-11-07, 04:21
Ahem, i admit being a Fallen Angels player and not being to Neocron in quite some time - account been inactive too - i didn't know *cough*

Apocalypsox
30-11-07, 05:05
One question from apoc. Will melee be rebalanced? Atleast give us back our rate of fire, no other class had such a drastic change as our RoF nerf. (And dont even try it monk boys. You had the LoS thing coming for a long time.)

Matanius
30-11-07, 09:29
Fooking brilliant, now I'm getting excited :p Thank you very much for this announcement! :D

Riddle
30-11-07, 10:47
So, will BT's most famed contructor be requiring a body-guard? :angel:

More T-C less REP me thinks ;) , Stealth whore FTW!!

CMaster
30-11-07, 13:26
Hmm, I thought the new faction relations were going to be different to the NC1 ones? (IE grudges between NEXT and TT, etc).
Also, I do hope that the "PVP zones" of the dome will be like ops or something - otherwise nobody is going to go all the way out there just for them being "outskirt" (or even wasteland) zone types.
Oh, and copbots should always have reacted like that - would have done a lot about the whole ally killing problem. If copbots hadn't always stood by and watched it happen, it would never have been such an issue.

Anyway, good to get some news, and I guess we can assume that his is all the stuff that is working and definatley going in. We can hope that the delay is caused by issues with other, unconfirmed changes.

Oh, and I certainly hope we can rely on there being balancing tweaks (as we should be able to in almost every patch), seeing as the balancing promised by 2.2 has still not been acheived.

silent000
30-11-07, 13:45
OMG! thankyou for the update, now I can reactivate my accounts :)

@stevenj - I to had good times with all you EXL lot, this should be interesting now being enemies with all the large clans on Terra :lol:

Faid, your my first target my love :cool: but aye i still wanna love off sxr wen no1 is watching

Oh KK now you have ruined my social life

SnowCrash
30-11-07, 13:48
What benefit/reason is there for PvP in the dome? OP style sectors?

The PvP zones will have the Battlefield zone rules. We had the idea to turn these sectors into Outposts but this was technically not realisble due to the difference between Wasteland and "Indoor" maps

Tech Haven now belongs to the Angels again I'm assuming, have the safe zones been removed here and Fallen Angels security systems been brought back online?
The zone settings of Tech Haven will remain untouched. The Fallen Angels have a received seperate room for their faction headquarter in one of the Energy cores that is protected by security systems to prevent enemies from entering the headquarter.

The Canyon was a Dome Alliance facility, will this be a pure TG location now that it's their primary location again with the other faction guards removed?

The other DoY faction NPCs and guards have been removed. The shops have been moved to Pepper Park Sec-3 except for Fist Weaponry.

Also Snowcrash, if someone buys a clan appartment eg: FA or TG, will it be a techhaven/canyon clan appartment after the patch? Also can you still buy level 3 appartments in Techhaven/canyon

If you buy a clan apartment after the application of the patch the apartment will be in the new locations. Tsunami, Black Dragon and Crahn clan apartments will be in Pepper Park, Fallen Angels in Tech Haven and Twilight Guardian in the Canyon facility

It will be still possible to buy all known apartments including the DoY style apartments. The only change is that these DoY apartments will have their new location in the Outzone Apartment Complex.

Is any rumors about plaza sec 1 sector ?
its still secure sector ?

The zone settings remain untouched.

Brammers
30-11-07, 14:07
The zone settings of Tech Haven will remain untouched. The Fallen Angels have a received seperate room for their faction headquarter in one of the Energy cores that is protected by security systems to prevent enemies from entering the headquarter.

Keeping Techhaven sectors 1-3 as safe zones? Nooo that means no raids from our old emeries, (Panda, Black Dragon and Crahn) which was one of the great things about Techhaven in NC1.

I don't know how other Fallen Angel players feel about this, but I would like to see those sectors turned into non-safe zones.

CMaster
30-11-07, 14:35
The PvP zones will have the Battlefield zone rules. We had the idea to turn these sectors into Outposts but this was technically not realisble due to the difference between Wasteland and "Indoor" maps

Thats a shame - because I don't really see anybody bothering to go out there just to scrap for the hell of it. Especially as the dome is a bit of a laggers paradise.

megavoid
30-11-07, 14:35
Hiho!

Thanks for the info, Snow!

The PvP zones will have the Battlefield zone rules. We had the idea to turn these sectors into Outposts but this was technically not realisble due to the difference between Wasteland and "Indoor" maps.

Too bad, would have been fun to opfight in indoor-sectors... whatever, I just hope you have something worthwhile to lure PvP-players to the Dome and not just empty zones setup with Battlefield rules.

Well, we will see... ;)

Danny

silent000
30-11-07, 15:22
Fucking love the patch, but is it just me who misses plaza 1 being unsafe :( was a VERY nice place to pvp, move the safe zone to plaza 2? :( Im just wishign here :cool:

Tratos
30-11-07, 15:28
It would be ace to have Plaza 1 dangerous again! Just have a couple Weapon reaction guards by the GRs like stated for other none safe zones.

GR camping wont be possible either which is another great thing about the new system - it makes me wonder why this wasn't thought of and implemented long ago...

Can we keep the patrolling CopBots in the safe zones though, i love the life they bring while they wander the streets looking for people to own. One thing i've just thought too... the return of the CopBot voices!

"DROP THAT WEAPON, I SAID PUT THAT WEAPON AWAY! THAT'S IT! OPEN FIRE!" :D

Thanks for the response to the questions Snow, a bit of a pity about TH, would have been nice for it to be radiable again. especially with the new weapon reaction guarded zone lines...

Judge
30-11-07, 15:49

Thats a shame, having OPs within DoY would have been excellent. :)

General Crazy
30-11-07, 16:44
Keeping Techhaven sectors 1-3 as safe zones? Nooo that means no raids from our old emeries, (Panda, Black Dragon and Crahn) which was one of the great things about Techhaven in NC1.

I don't know how other Fallen Angel players feel about this, but I would like to see those sectors turned into non-safe zones.

Yeah would be sweet to put back all of plaza sectors as safe zones instead of Techhaven and let FA run people out of Techhaven like the days of NC1.

With most of factions being located back in Neocron City there is no reason for Techhaven to be the trade center anymore.

Tymoscience
30-11-07, 16:44
Sound nice, and for WOC ? what's news ?

Doc Holliday
30-11-07, 16:56
First off thanks for the clarification on the points raised. I do think Tech haven would be nice if it were raidable again. I imagine it would be easy to do and as you said there will the option to fall back to the fa hq if needed for the fa runners. Ok it could lead to zone whoring as per the norm but hey thats neocron. either keep your le in or hug the zoneline/stealth tool :)

Seriously. Canyon raids are now a possibility. WOOOOOOOOOT how i miss those as black dragon ^^ and i love the fact we can have clan apartments in pp again if we want to and that u made the shops back in pepper park as they were. Ok fist weaponry stays in the canyon.

What happens to the other stores? the drug stores and the weapons and armour stores or even the tech angels stores? im thinking of anti gamma bones for one but also where does the doy furniture guy go? there are a lot of questions im raising now many have perhaps not considered and i think i can see why the delay on information.

So a suggestion. Put some in to the pepper park sectors to get them a little more traveled. It was always risky running through pepper park when i went buying psi stuff because you never knew who was going to pop out. or put some in plaza 2 for example. Crytons there is probably never used and it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better when it was a hew store in nc1. At least u didn't run miles just to buy plasma cannon ammo etc.

Final Question. As mentioned there wont be too many guards the further out of the city you go. can you please leave pepper park pretty much vacant of guards so it allows people to use the whole area to fight in. ie get rid of the screaming horse guys or minimize their deployment.

Sorry if this is asking for a lot and its not all easily implemented but i figure you guys want some fresh ideas maybe or at least it might help with the final decisions on patch or what ever. i would like to think the community would agree with me but who knows.

All i all a great patch concept for sure. i look forward to the final decisions. PS shame about the doy ops idea. that would be pretty funky. here is one idea if its at all do able. Have a 1 hack barrier zone. take control and u control the sector. no hacknet zone either. just that barrier. then allow some kind of small money bonus or small construct/recycle etc bonus to represent the foraging/scavenging that is done from the zone. it would be an incentive to fight for for sure. at least something. hey if its not possible then leave it but if its somethin thats being considered when other things are done thats my idea.

Sorry for the big post :)

Good Job on the rest of it guys :)

ps a small increase in woc disks drop rate/more places to hunt them (cough levelling zones in the dome cough cough) would be nice. that or mc5 parts could be dropped in the dome too ^^

Dribble Joy
30-11-07, 17:59
With most of factions being located back in Neocron City there is no reason for Techhaven to be the trade center anymore.
TH is going back to being FA HQ, You'll have to do your trading in P1, MB or DoY-CC.

Final Question. As mentioned there wont be too many guards the further out of the city you go. can you please leave pepper park pretty much vacant of guards so it allows people to use the whole area to fight in. ie get rid of the screaming horse guys or minimize their deployment.
Re-read Snow's post, there won't be ANY guards in NC :D.

Okran
30-11-07, 18:11
Excellent! Thanks muchly for this update.

Can't wait for the 'special' suprises also.

Ya see, the wait will be worth it...

Dribble Joy
30-11-07, 19:30
OOHH!!

Ooh ooh ooh!

One of the PvE places in DoY should be a hidden/abandoned lab where they made the kami soldiers, and there's still a few there and and and...

Gimme meh kami!!

msressi
30-11-07, 19:34
Post by Vokus/translated by Ressi

Up front: I am very happy about this patch and hope to see many old runners, but have something to say to the appt situation:

1. I assume, because all Dome appts will be in OZ, many DOY Clans will disband their old clans and make new Clan HQs after the patch.

In preparation for this, one can dismantle their current appt now and put everything into storage in TH (since they will most likely get pk'd in OZ) or move everything from the old appts to the new ones after the patch with help of Gogus and GR's.

2. Will there be as many lifts in OZ as there are now in the entire Dome?
If not, many appts would be in the same lifts. This means many appts with the same password could end up in the same lift and would therefore not be accessible. Now imagine one of those inaccessible appts holds all the owners keys !!!
That means all runners who have the habit of using the same password for all their appts should now change those before the patch.

3. Every professional PKer will sit in OZ just to see what the furniture carriers drop when they are killed.

4. I hope u have also considered the immense effort of moving all the NPC's and other GM generated items when all these clans will make new clan hqs in the correct places.

5. Suggestion how to avoid massive work overload done by the runners as well as KK

a. The appts will not be moved to OZ, but to already existing lifts in TH, Canyon, PP1 - 3
And so that not all appts are in the same lift (password problems), u rotate the lifts in those aforementioned areas.

With this method all appts would be in the correct spot, nobody would have to move (dismantll and reassemble) and the possibility of appts with the same password to be in the same lift would be cut to 1/6

Please check if this would not be much easier and less time consuming for all, including KK

signed Serena (Clan Demontech-Mars)

Selket
30-11-07, 19:39
WOW fucking great news Reaktivate NOW or NEVER because who knows how long NC will be UP. So give it a shot!

I will do it emidiatly after my new PC is Arrived

msressi
30-11-07, 19:39
Yes I whole heartedly agree with Vokus.

Especially because most factions would then be without leadership for a time until the next votes.
This happens when a faction leader has to "move" to a "newly" made clan.

And KK, in the end, would save loads of work, since the NPC's and GM generated items in clan appts would not have to be moved

SnowCrash
30-11-07, 19:47
Can we keep the patrolling CopBots in the safe zones though, i love the life they bring while they wander the streets looking for people to own. ...

The patrolling Copbots remain and still react on negative Soullight.

What happens to the other stores? the drug stores and the weapons and armour stores or even the tech angels stores? im thinking of anti gamma bones for one but also where does the doy furniture guy go? there are a lot of questions im raising now many have perhaps not considered and i think i can see why the delay on information.

As I have said in my previous statement, the shops are being moved to Pepper Park. You remember all those closed down shops in Pepper Park Sec-3, don't you? Wait and see ;)

For the clarification of the apartment move. All 18 DoY apartment entrances have been moved to the new Outzone Apartment Complex. You remember this one special screenshot of that place that was originally meant as the DoY Mall? Overall there will be three complexes to cover all 18 entrances. The access to these complexes will be in Outzone station which will be a safe zone just like the complexes themselves. So you see that you do not have to be afraid to move your stuff out if you decide to do so.

Unfortunately there is no option to offer a transfer of apartment content as the system does not allow this technically and a move would be a high risk in matters of losing massive amounts of apartment content.

Judge
30-11-07, 20:11
So there are three new zones from OZ station?

Dribble Joy
30-11-07, 20:14
What happens to the old HQ zones in DoY?

Will CM go back to their NC1 faction standings?

msressi
30-11-07, 21:18
Why then can the entrypanels (not the appts) be moved to the correct zones (TH, TG and so on)???

This would greatly eliminate a lot of work for all.

Doc Holliday
30-11-07, 21:33
As I have said in my previous statement, the shops are being moved to Pepper Park. You remember all those closed down shops in Pepper Park Sec-3, don't you? Wait and see ;)

For the clarification of the apartment move. All 18 DoY apartment entrances have been moved to the new Outzone Apartment Complex. You remember this one special screenshot of that place that was originally meant as the DoY Mall? Overall there will be three complexes to cover all 18 entrances. The access to these complexes will be in Outzone station which will be a safe zone just like the complexes themselves. So you see that you do not have to be afraid to move your stuff out if you decide to do so.

Unfortunately there is no option to offer a transfer of apartment content as the system does not allow this technically and a move would be a high risk in matters of losing massive amounts of apartment content.

I did kinda get that but thank you so much for making it crystal clear. And yes i remember when the old shops actually sold stuff. :)

Ps. any chance of getting rid of the smugglers? just reintroduce the guns back to the stores :) would make for a much more newb friendly game IMHO :)

msressi
30-11-07, 21:36
Also, what happens if a runner that has just now reactivated finds all his appts (with the same password) are in one and the same lift after the patch ? He will not be able to get to all his appts then.

Can not some kind of password loop be put in effect as in:

runner x has 8 appts therefore passwords automatically are changed to runner
x1, runner x2 and so on?

Zebul
30-11-07, 21:59
Is there any chance that the old character models could be brought back? Or is that something that can't/won't be done. Seems like a popular request from what I've seen and I've love to have shades again.

Apocalypsox
01-12-07, 00:51
Id hope not Zebul, the old models would like like shit. They should implement the cloaks for monks again though, and our shades/Afros/Cigs we where promised in NC2.

William Antrim
01-12-07, 05:06
Is there any chance that the old character models could be brought back? Or is that something that can't/won't be done. Seems like a popular request from what I've seen and I've love to have shades again.

Yes please, the old models look fucking awesome in nc at present. For those who might be a bit long term memory deficient there are plenty of them around all over nc. That zippy guy is one of them. Theres another in TH and more in hacknet and TT hq and all over the place.

Apocalypsox
01-12-07, 06:07
Yes please, the old models look fucking awesome in nc at present. For those who might be a bit long term memory deficient there are plenty of them around all over nc. That zippy guy is one of them. Theres another in TH and more in hacknet and TT hq and all over the place.

Aye, and they all look boxy and pixely and shit :confused:

Doc Holliday
01-12-07, 12:52
Aye, and they all look boxy and pixely and shit :confused:

um.... and? they look good :) it could be a choice. some of us prefer the older ones. i know i do :)

Dribble Joy
01-12-07, 13:33
Style-wise they were better, however, to be completely frank, they are very poor quality compared to the current ones.

L0KI
01-12-07, 13:58
I'd still prefer the old skins, regardless of how shit they look...

Wouldn't hurt to give us the choice :D

Faid
01-12-07, 17:34
Yes give us the choice perhaps through the outfitter or something :)

Zheo
02-12-07, 11:00
Wouldn't it be better for KK simply to release alot more clothing styles and perhaps even what was much talked about and then swept under the carpet "Accessories?" I think that'd make everyone happy.

Also more hair and skin styles wouldn't go a miss. However what your asking for is what 2.2 was going to be. However we all whined about the game being inbalanced. and for all 2.2's flaws it's better than 2.1. Rifle spies aren't great but they are playable, all they need to do imo is boost rifles, mc and pistols not by the same amount obviously probaly 5% maybe for rifles, 10%+ for apu and melee. Something like that anyway.

I think KK should concentrate of sorting out 2.2. Then work on the next texture pack updating models, vastly increasing the number of clothes, hair styles, skin types. Even introducing a new "body" feature so you can have a fattie, a lanky, a shorty, a skinny, and a busty character model. Anyone ever played the godfather? I played it on ps2 and the character creation was amazing, being able to change so much feature wise etc. Of course you'd need to addin something that "resized" pa to fit or we'd have laughable people running around with half their body sticking through the PA. Ofc that might not be possible due to that reason.

Anyway enough said, roll on patch sir :)

DrRisk
02-12-07, 14:09
as far as i know the PA is a model in itself and nobody would poke through anything :P

Selendor
02-12-07, 14:52
3 Points:

1 - Good news about the patch, any changes are good changes because they will tempt people to log on.

2 - I will not log on for at least 2 days after the patch because I'm sure it won't work correctly first time. I know thats negative, but I speak from experience.

3 - Longer term, this changes nothing about the endgame of Neocron, which is Op wars. If DoY had allowed city Op fights the game would have come alive again, but as it is, I think this will be a brief reprieve unless you can offer the capped players (ie most of us) a change in the op scene. To do this you would either need to alter the op fight rules or do something about the lag/clipping problem.

silent000
02-12-07, 15:21
3 - Longer term, this changes nothing about the endgame of Neocron, which is Op wars. If DoY had allowed city Op fights the game would have come alive again, but as it is, I think this will be a brief reprieve unless you can offer the capped players (ie most of us) a change in the op scene. To do this you would either need to alter the op fight rules or do something about the lag/clipping problem.

I understand what you mean, us capped players need to feel that we have something more to protect which isn't the endless Op fights that we see today, we need more activities that keep us entertained, but im putting my money on pepper park becoming like it once was, but if everyone still sticks to pp1, then im not going to be at all happy

Apocalypsox
02-12-07, 18:17
Something needs to be done about zonewhoring first off. It gets completely bullshit that they do that. I think they should expand all the zones to 4 times their size, while instead of FORCED safezone, a copbot would just shoot you for having a weapon out. There would still be zones, but damnit they would have to run 4 times as far to get to it.

Cromac
02-12-07, 18:59
The most important fix after this is the clipping/run speed issue. It's taken all the skill out of PvP now most people have abused the crap out of it. For me it's ruining the fun anyway :(

Trivaldi
02-12-07, 21:13
Something needs to be done about zonewhoring first off. It gets completely bullshit that they do that. I think they should expand all the zones to 4 times their size, while instead of FORCED safezone, a copbot would just shoot you for having a weapon out. There would still be zones, but damnit they would have to run 4 times as far to get to it.
Zone Whoring as it currently stands has been addressed.

As has been stated in the original post, COPBOTs which react to drawn weapons are now stationed on zone lines - this includes the Pepper Park zonelines and inner city appartment areas. You'll have to fight in the open space away from zonelines. Also, those with minus SL from ally killing will not be able to hug zone lines for saftey as if they zone into a safe area, the copbots in these zones will be on them.

Triv

ashley watts
02-12-07, 21:31
Zone Whoring as it currently stands has been addressed.

As has been stated in the original post, COPBOTs which react to drawn weapons are now stationed on zone lines - this includes the Pepper Park zonelines and inner city appartment areas. You'll have to fight in the open space away from zonelines. Also, those with minus SL from ally killing will not be able to hug zone lines for saftey as if they zone into a safe area, the copbots in these zones will be on them.

Triv

Nice, like it.

but do you know of or if there are any faster ways of re-gaining SL in the new patch by any chance..?, people havnt been on the NCPD list for a LONG time because of the HORRID waiting time, and the FAR to hard SL missis. Somthing like waiting time for SL regeneration gets increased to say 2x or 3x the current speed ? or even the missis will give 20+ SL ?

IMO the current SL issue is a big mess, and considering you guys are working on the faction status, maybe the soullight concept could be re thought about..?

Voodoo_Magic
02-12-07, 22:01
Hacknet/Op wars -

How will this effect Hacknet? Will this no longer be linked to the DOME. The ammount of work needed to move all those will be obsene.

How will this effect hacknet? With DOY ops being close the the DOY...

Also, Geologically will it be flawed? With Hacknet HQ's Still being in the (Represented) Dome area.

Im sure you get the meaning of my question :)

silent000
02-12-07, 22:53
Triv do you know if there are any changes to COPBOT response times and range? like if i have bad SL am i still going to be able to run thru copbots but being fast and if there will be an increase of bots at zonelines, then are they going to intervine at stupid times just because I have bad SL (thats what I am worrying about)

Trivaldi
02-12-07, 23:11
All i've done is re-state information already given by SnowCrash in the second post of this thread, nothing new. Any new information will be delivered by the usual channels.

Within the safe zones, Copbots will react to soullight, but not to sympathy. GRs, zone borders and apartment entrances in non-safe zones are guarded by Copbots that react only to drawn weapons. The farther away from the city's center, the less Copbots are deployed.
Triv

danmalone
02-12-07, 23:53
Nice, like it.

but do you know of or if there are any faster ways of re-gaining SL in the new patch by any chance..?, people havnt been on the NCPD list for a LONG time because of the HORRID waiting time, and the FAR to hard SL missis. Somthing like waiting time for SL regeneration gets increased to say 2x or 3x the current speed ? or even the missis will give 20+ SL ?

IMO the current SL issue is a big mess, and considering you guys are working on the faction status, maybe the soullight concept could be re thought about..?

i been on the NCPD list for months, as soon as i do aloada missions and get nearer to 0sl, sum idiot appears to come try kill me, then i end up getting worse SL than i originally had. I definately think that the soullight gainage thing should be sorted soon as this is a big issue. me thinks ash came up with a few solutions, the old way wasnt so bad... it just got exploited to hell but im sure there were ways of stopping this.

On a good point, the things that have been said about the new patch are fooking awesome :D and i have already noticed an increase in the population. U'ave heard it once, and u'll hear it again.. Good work so far KK, and all those involved (who are coming to nottingham for sum drinkage) are quite welcome to a pint from me :D

TicketInspector
02-12-07, 23:56
Yeah this patch looks VERY good but atm hasn't tipped me off the edge into paying moneys to KK's bank account...

I'm like 1MM away, you can do it!

Anything possibly happening with the clipping ? ?

:( :confused: :(

(Yes I know its not been mentioned blah blah)

Apocalypsox
02-12-07, 23:58
I think people with bad SL should GIVE soul light regardless of faction, not take. If some asshole has been going around killing all the Tangent he sees, and hes Tangent, you shouldnt lose fac rep with Tangent for killing him. Tangent.

danmalone
03-12-07, 00:12
Yeah this patch looks VERY good but atm hasn't tipped me off the edge into paying moneys to KK's bank account...

I'm like 1MM away, you can do it!

Anything possibly happening with the clipping ? ?

:( :confused: :(

(Yes I know its not been mentioned blah blah)

1MM away eh.... me finks that me will make ur babies if u do come back :D

Judge
03-12-07, 00:28
I've re-subbed for a month. In one month's time I have exams and then Pirates of the Burning Sea comes out (pretty much days after exams finish)... One last chance...

Hell-demon
03-12-07, 00:47
KK might just save NC.

hhhhmmmm :)

Apocalypsox
03-12-07, 00:59
Ive already told quite a few of the oldies i know that NC1 has been rezzed :D Expect to see Dark Avenger back ingame soon.

also, Trinity is looming.

Kanedax
03-12-07, 10:42
I'll hopefully be back this month. I miss NC :(

Voodoo_Magic
03-12-07, 11:05
0_o server will be offline in 30mins

for maintenance ^^

Deus Ex Machina
03-12-07, 11:57
How about every Fallen Angel that wants Tech Haven a non Savezone meets those that came up with that stupidity in the Battledome - if we win you change it?

And from that statement is it right to assume that Tech Haven itself will be unguarded?

Seems you are going to lose players for good if you don't change that in time...

Fallen Angels are still descripted as a "hard" faction in the descriptions, why do only the Military Base and the Canyon (especially the canyon) have non savezones?

Bah could explode when I hear such things, just when I thought things are going to change to the good side.

P.S. on I lighter note: The rest of the patch seems quite more than I hoped for, so something good to say too at least..

zii
03-12-07, 14:26
How about every Fallen Angel that wants Tech Haven a non Savezone meets those that came up with that stupidity in the Battledome - if we win you change it?

These zones were not safe zones in nc1. These were changed to safe zones in nc2. TH was never unguarded. Security bots roamed the place for nasty people and some were fixed next to the GenReps.

Fallen Angels are still descripted as a "hard" faction in the descriptions, why do only the Military Base and the Canyon (especially the canyon) have non savezones?
The canyon ought not to have any safezones. Its a rebel outpost and we had fun raiding it. The same goes for Tech Haven, the MIlitary Base and all the faction HQs. These were once raidable, and ought to be so.

I still think TG ought to be shot on site inside Neocron (either by Copbots or CityAdmin or both), and that Crahn banished to the Dome. Treat them as outcasts :lol:

L0KI
03-12-07, 15:20
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see it is this:

The fewer amount of safe zones, the better. There only needs to be a couple for trades/pokes. This way, the population will be more condensed which in turn will lead to a much more immersive feeling once again.

zii
03-12-07, 16:33
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see it is this:

The fewer amount of safe zones, the better. There only needs to be a couple for trades/pokes. This way, the population will be more condensed which in turn will lead to a much more immersible feeling once again.

Ah! Someone with some common sense.

PS. I looked into Endlessgaming.co.uk once but noticed that there was no contacts on their contact page (no email, telephone number, address) which was odd because they state that they provide a personal service! :D

carbonkink
03-12-07, 16:39
I like what i'm reading! I might resub then. Good to see some exciting news from KK!

L0KI
03-12-07, 16:48
Ah! Someone with some common sense.

PS. I looked into Endlessgaming.co.uk once but noticed that there was no contacts on their contact page (no email, telephone number, address) which was odd because they state that they provide a personal service! :D

2 things. Thank you for altering my quote (Immersive to Immersible) - your alteration was justified ;)

As for EndlessGaming, the service went live on the 1st of December (Saturday), and there are 2 pages still to complete (Contact us and Support)

SnowCrash
03-12-07, 17:45
We are currently discussing the TH safe zone situation but no promises!

L0KI
03-12-07, 17:57

That's good news :)
It's good to see that you guys really are putting the customer's views first now.

Dribble Joy
03-12-07, 19:10
Make MB guards work like copbots - Bad SL and drawn weapons.

There was something else I was going to say but my noggin has lost it in the tea and nicotine addled depths.

silent000
03-12-07, 19:16
Ah DJ you brought a memroy back in one of the pvp vids i saw where your in MB, askign some1 "Who you killing...?" in response you get "Everyone!" and then die :cool:

Dribble Joy
03-12-07, 19:21
Ah yes, my little moment of fame in one of G.O.D.'s vids :p.

Okran
03-12-07, 20:44

Can we be in on the discussion please?

L0KI
04-12-07, 12:04
Can we be in on the discussion please?

We are.

Hence why it's now being discussed. :rolleyes:

William Antrim
04-12-07, 12:31
IMO all of the "external" HQs should have safe and non-safe zones. For example Tech haven used to have that underground FA only place (I remember going there on pluto but not how i actually got in). That should be their safe spot. TG have that bunker place in the Canyon already (with the intelligence dept or whatever it is) so theyre ok. The Mercs should have the downstairs part of the MB safe - Black Ribbon Bar etc.

Each faction then has somewhere safe for its noobs/tradeskillers/drugflashed people/people with synaptic impairment to go to but each outpost still has zones for the individuals to "defend" and indeed others to raid.

I was considering raising the issue of having the City Hqs raidable but if there are already 6 outzone zones, 3 pepper park zones and 7 Plaza/Via Rosso zones to fight in I guess we would not need anything more than that.

I like the idea of raids as this is (aside from op fights) the best part of NC - storming into another factions "patch" and ripping it up, spilling blood in their streets, this is what nc should be all about. It would be awesome if we had some big Tsunami or Protopharm clan to fight, perhaps even some decent sized CA clan as well. I am hoping with the new patch however that perhaps some old players will come back and take up the slack in these factions. I would like to see the map in several different colours anyway, not just black or that horrible vomit-like brown colour that TG get stuck with.

One other thing, is there any possibility whatsoever that you could import the Crahn HQ internal zone into either the Crahn Church (Pepper 3) or the Crahn Abbey (Oz 9) as it truly is too good to miss out on. I think it is possibly the best zone I have ever seen in nc.

Old outzone apartments - please keep these also, I know some people hated them but personally I loved them, can we keep those too?

DRE Epic apartments - these are going to need to be moved as well i think (well the ones in the outzone are). I dont think it is fair on DRE runners to have to run the gauntlet out there. Please fix whatever instructs the engine to set them out there. I think the default apartments should be in Plaza 3 (as some used to be) right by the DRE hq.

Ok yeah, I guess this is a bit of a wish list but hopefully just minor changes need to be made and imo it would make a LOT of things easier for a lot of people. I mean with the current faction alliances DRE are getting a bit shafted, so to give them a useful epic item would imo be a reward. I guess you could also add some superior turrets to their arsenal of fsm items (Home Defence Software anyone?) as that would give them a nice edge too.

Sorry for the long post, I hope ive not wasted my breath.

Riddle
04-12-07, 13:03
I think the HQ issue was already covered, can't find post as some pages are blocked to me(Dam Keyword control!)

iirc, HQ's will remain safezones due to there not being enough runners in each faction to defend it. If there was a larger pop, i'm sure HQ's would be raidable. Would be cool to get a faction warning that your HQ was under attack like the OP warning system :)

DRE epic apartments are shit now tbh, In NC1 the extra cabinet space was great but now? with the ability to cram 20 cabinets into a custom apartment, hardly worth running out there anymore.

Never mind moving them, scrap it as a reward and replace it with a super Lv3 Via apartment custom fitted out and pimped with shit not in game, make it worth running that dam epic!! Wouldn't be hard to design a new template would it??

Tsunami, ahh my first faction back in the day....PP apartment, dark and dingy used to love that place.....used to have more cabs aswell :)

megavoid
04-12-07, 13:12
I would like to see the map in several different colours anyway, not just black or that horrible vomit-like brown colour that TG get stuck with.

While I think you're basically right, I have to insist that areas captured by the freedom fighters of Twilight Guardian are marked in fine, natural, earthy tones that emphasize our origins in the canyon area and the northern desertlands!

This has nothing to do with human excretions of any kind! :p

Danny

William Antrim
04-12-07, 13:25
DRE epic apartments are shit now tbh, In NC1 the extra cabinet space was great but now? with the ability to cram 20 cabinets into a custom apartment, hardly worth running out there anymore.

Never mind moving them, scrap it as a reward and replace it with a super Lv3 Via apartment custom fitted out and pimped with shit not in game, make it worth running that dam epic!! Wouldn't be hard to design a new template would it??:)

True, I just liked the DRE apts thats all.

Riddle
04-12-07, 13:38
Had one back in the day, I also liked it and in fact used it a lot, but sad to say not worth the trip anymore :(

unreal
04-12-07, 15:48

Never mind moving them, scrap it as a reward and replace it with a super Lv3 Via apartment custom fitted out and pimped with shit not in game, make it worth running that dam epic!! Wouldn't be hard to design a new template would it??You just need to be lucky like me and get 4 beside the DRE HQ. That's when they become useful. ;) But yes, any other location and the apartment is useless and you might as well throw the key on the ground. They wouldn't be so useless in those areas if they had GRs inside. New apartments. Dream on. It's already been half a year since they've ditched the balancing effort. I'm dreaming for Neocron 2.3. The version of Neocron that's playable.

QeeQaek
05-12-07, 16:29
very impotent thing - give us Opportunity leveling more.. for exa. 78/66 - and what ?? god damn.. no point play anymore ?? im woc3 so and what ?? keep moving to woc 5 ?? bullshit no point!!! >>>
*we need new armors for woc1 woc2 woc3 woc4 etc.
*we need new weapons for woc1 woc2 woc3 woc4 etc.
*we need new imps for woc1 woc2 woc3 woc4 etc.
*we need opportunity make char. 120/120 or something like that!!!

OR everybody leave this world

CMaster
05-12-07, 16:54
very impotent thing - give us Opportunity leveling more.. for exa. 78/66 - and what ?? god damn.. no point play anymore ?? im woc3 so and what ?? keep moving to woc 5 ?? bullshit no point!!! >>>

Let's rename it "World of Neocron" and increase the cap by 10 levels every 12 months too!

More content = gut.
More griding = nicht sehr gut.

L0KI
05-12-07, 17:07

This is just stupid. On SO many levels. Do you know what 'END GAME' is? Do you know how much this would ruin the game? They'd have to completely re-balance it, and one on one fights would last literally for hours.

Let's rename it "World of Neocron" and increase the cap by 10 levels every 12 months too!

More content = gut.

lol, agreed. ;) (Although I'd have gone with World of Warcron)

William Antrim
05-12-07, 17:23
Roll a tank qeeqaek.

Btw its important, not impotent, thats a whole other word. :p

At this stage I think WoC2 should be implemented but only aesthetically, ie to show the people who have earned it. I think the current pa in black and red instead of white or something like that would be good. I would rather that the rest of us who have lives and not Woc5 can get soemthing out of the game instead in fairness.

Apocalypsox
05-12-07, 17:55

More content = gut.

Sprechen sie deutsch, Cmaster? O.o

I agree on both fronts though. WoC 5 is implemeneted in the game, yet there is no advantages to getting it. Maybe one of Dribs old ideas could be implemented (As in, you get a few extra points to put into WoC abilities as you level your WoC.)

and before anything is added, they need to balance whats already there. We dont need another Creed Incident.

Riddle
05-12-07, 17:58
Personally I am of a mind like cmaster, I neither have the time nor the inclination to gain WOC.

WOC should NEVER be endgame critical. Lets not talk about moving the dam goal posts people.

WOC for me should have always been a status symbol, a fancy PA, a different style of vehicle, a multicoloured swirly......Anything to show look i'm a hardcore player. Same thoughts as you Mr Antrim.

But not something that became a requirment in PvP!!!

WOC should give people something to aim for but not at the cost of balance.
Xbow.....:rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
05-12-07, 18:06
Indeed, though personally I would throw variation into the mix too. Different ways of doing things. A weapon at a TL that isn't there in the 'regular' line-up. Just not one that's overpowered.

Sadghost
05-12-07, 18:41
why not get an additional bonus point in the woc skill ?

woc +1 STR would add a +1 STR Bonus point to the skill itself without the 5 additional xp points to set in your STR abilities.

I don't really know if this idea would ruin the game in term of balancing, but I think it would be a little plus, increasing the way of setup your char.

Doc Holliday
05-12-07, 19:09

Or you could just learn to pvp :)

silent000
05-12-07, 19:34
Or you could just learn to pvp :)

Hey Qeeqsek will brign the pain on anyone

Zheo
05-12-07, 20:14
We do need more woc items, as far as I know there are about, three pistols, three rifles, and one useless cannon.

Imo add in two more pistols/rifles, four cannons, four apu spell. five ppu spells, five drones. Then add in some trade skilling stuff like a tool that adds one slot to non-rare stuff but can't be mixed with slotters. A research tool that increases speed by like 5%.

What we don't need is to have to achive woc five...which requires over a billion exp, and fifteen woc disks, which at current price would cost 450 million, so roughly half a billion in cash or much more "grind" Alot of people HATE GRINDING!

Doc Holliday
05-12-07, 20:59
We do need more woc items, as far as I know there are about, three pistols, three rifles, and one useless cannon.

Imo add in two more pistols/rifles, four cannons, four apu spell. five ppu spells, five drones. Then add in some trade skilling stuff like a tool that adds one slot to non-rare stuff but can't be mixed with slotters. A research tool that increases speed by like 5%.

What we don't need is to have to achive woc five...which requires over a billion exp, and fifteen woc disks, which at current price would cost 450 million, so roughly half a billion in cash or much more "grind" Alot of people HATE GRINDING!

increase the drop rate too zheo and i would agree.

cracker your spelling brings me pain already :)

William Antrim
05-12-07, 21:42
Hey Qeeqsek will brign the pain on anyone

Only if we die laughing. :lol:

Trivaldi
05-12-07, 22:09
Back on topic, please.

Triv

stelco
05-12-07, 23:17
Will there be any faction related items which only that faction can use ?

EG: City admin power armor

:cool:

silent000
06-12-07, 02:32
Seriously i swear im drunk everytime i write a post :cool: nah its the way I have my keyboard, its one of those keyboards that influence you to use two hands so its split, so I end up hitting one key before another :)

onero S
06-12-07, 02:42
Wow this looks awsome. I'm definitly re subbing, exepect to see Sword back in game.

turbineS-line
06-12-07, 11:30
I'm suddenly hot and bothered. Paypal, here I possibly come.

-Anti. :]

L0KI
06-12-07, 11:49
2 of my none forum-browsing old NC clannies are coming back on patch day so far :)

Now I just need Vic, Snow, Kub, Keiron, MattUk (Sorry mods - but the man's a legend), Lee D'Mellow, Alucard, OpTi, Xan, Vev, Akasha...

I reckon I still have all their contact details... I'm gonna get in touch :)

Tratos
06-12-07, 16:08
Now I just need Vic, Snow, Kub, Keiron, MattUk (Sorry mods - but the man's a legend), Lee D'Mellow, Alucard, OpTi, Xan, Vev, Akasha...
Bugger you then :p I'm still in contact with most of the FLUX geezers btw.

Dribble Joy
06-12-07, 16:09
Not too keen on a few of those names coming back but oh well...

I might pop along to the SSX channel/forum and see if any of those guys are thinking of coming back.

L0KI
06-12-07, 16:18
Bugger you then :p I'm still in contact with most of the FLUX geezers btw.

Quoth! (You are of course included in that list!) :D but, you're already around, and I believe you are a fully fledged SXR member!

Not too keen on a few of those names coming back but oh well...

I might pop along to the SSX channel/forum and see if any of those guys are thinking of coming back.

Let me guess... MattUK, Lee D'Mellow and Vicious? :lol:
There's no way in hell MattUK or Lee would come back anyway!

Sorry DJ :( I just seem make friends with a variety of people from all walks of life...

I would have added XaNToR, kEiThZ, Natasha and Hivemind too, but Hive is already back as of yesterday, and the uTs guys are gone for good :(

Oh my god! How could I forget .doob., fw, Psyker and Ph34r????

Dribble Joy
06-12-07, 16:20
I couldn't care less about where they come from, it's just what they did.

ANYWAY. Lets stop that there :).

Tratos
06-12-07, 16:21
*cough, splutter* SXR?!

Phoenix Ltd my friend ;) been in Bram's gang for some time now since i got back from Pandore infact when all you lot buggered off :p but i do have characters in more than one faction ;)

L0KI
06-12-07, 17:06
*cough, splutter* SXR?!

Phoenix Ltd my friend ;) been in Bram's gang for some time now since i got back from Pandore infact when all you lot buggered off :p but i do have characters in more than one faction ;)

Of course... Phoenix LTD. Sorry about that :p

Brammers
06-12-07, 17:38
For one second there, I though Tratos had a dark secret that had been exposed! :p

Matanius
06-12-07, 17:39
Sorry, I know this is OT but Brammers.....that sig is SEXY!

Brammers
06-12-07, 17:41
Sorry, I know this is OT but Brammers.....that sig is SEXY!

Thank Tratos for that, he did that last year for the Clan, and I thought it's time for a little Crimbo cheer. ;)

Matanius
06-12-07, 17:42
Well my apologies, sex to Tratos for 2 sexy sigs :p

Dribble Joy
06-12-07, 23:08
Now I remember what I was going to say; Bring back the weather!

I really miss hunting WBs in the rain in J_02 :p.

Rob01m
07-12-07, 02:10
Now I remember what I was going to say; Bring back the weather!

I really miss hunting WBs in the rain in J_02 :p.

I really miss hunting WBs in general. :p

Dribble Joy
07-12-07, 05:02
I've decided that the last million xp I need for WoC 5 will be gained back where I started, in J_02/1 hunting WBs. Be that before or post-patch so be it.

WB hunting was the staple hunting method for me as a CM for so long, I really want to be able to do it again.

Zheo
07-12-07, 20:57
I have to agree with that, I loved hunting warbots in a reveler, now they kill you easily and the revelers heavy 20mm cannon is a joke... seriously KK need to up vehicle weaponly, up the requirements I don't care but bring back good ol' revelers!

gstyle40
08-12-07, 02:42
they need to make it so the people other than tanks can gun things :/ they totally took vehicles out of the game in 2.2 no more hc spys or hc pe's i wonder y :/ u used to see all types levelin on combat hovertechs, revelers, scorp trikes ect. now u see none, and its a shame.......ok back on topic :p

SorkZmok
08-12-07, 12:06
Oh yes, please give us back the old warbots. Used to love hunting them out in the wastelands.

The latest pve revamp just moved all viable pve from outside into the various caves. That sucks. I loved to hunt in the open wastes and even more did i love to cruise around in a vehicle, looking for interesting mobs to fight and the occasional enemy to run into. :(

DrRisk
08-12-07, 12:59
them doy soldiers in the wastes seem to know how to kill people. why not hunt them?

L0KI
08-12-07, 13:40
them doy soldiers in the wastes seem to know how to kill people. why not hunt them?

I think you are completely missing the point

Skusty
08-12-07, 15:59
The Copbot and Guard fix is the sex! :D

L. S.
08-12-07, 16:06
let's have a bet.
*prophecy mode on*
I bet that the HexaCode (F6) Patch will revealed to us on 19.12.2007.

How come? Look at my Sig. ;)

F = the 6th letter + 6 = 12 + the year 07 = 19 ---> 19.12.2007 is patchday.

*prophecy mode off*

DrRisk
08-12-07, 16:10
I think you are completely missing the pointi meant for now silly :P

Dead Bodies
08-12-07, 18:48
</rvf></Component><Component type="3" id="image1" zorder="2" filename="image2660343" width="130" height="130" originwidth="130" left="0" top="0"/><Component type="3" id="image2" zorder="3" filename="image4593734" width="1051" height="2614" originwidth="1077" left="0" top="130"/></body></page><page id="p1134656" pageindex="3" name="PSI RARES"><body textcolor="#00FF00" backgroundcolor="#000000" hyperlinkcolor="" visitlinkcolor="" activelinkcolor="" title="" author="" keywords="" description="" bgimage="" bgpreview="" bgimagedata="" bgsound="" bgspreview="" bgfixed="" bgsoundloop="-1" charset="0" charsetcode="ISO-8859-1" align="0" headcode="" bodycode="" effectstyle0="0" effectduration0="0" effectstyle1="0" effectduration1="0" effectstyle2="0" effectduration2="0" effectstyle3="0" effectduration3="0" protectpassword="" protectfailed="" enableprotect="0" generator="0" imagetoolbar="0"><Component type="5" id="nav1" zorder="0" filename="nav2092921" width="520" height="26" fontname="Tahoma" fontsize="10" fontcolor="6723891" fontstyle="1" activecolor="255" navspace="5" navstyle="0" hormargin="0" vermargin="0" navwidth="125" navheight="26" normalimage="C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Web Page Maker V2\Navbar\cc01in.gif" mouseoverimage="C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Web Page Maker V2\Navbar\cc01over.gif" mouseoversound="" navcount="4" navtext0="Home" navurl0="page://p554328" navtarget0="" navstate0="0" navtext1="Contact Us" navurl1="mailto:bneri1@cox.net" navtarget1="" navstate1="0" navtext2="About Us" navurl2="page://p1177718" navtarget2="" navstate2="0" navtext3="Other useful Links" navurl3="page://p1179281" navtarget3="" navstate3="0" navtext4="Neocron Homepage" navurl4="http://www.neocron.com" navtarget4="" navstate4="0" navtarget16="" navstate16="0" left="132" top="31" preview="C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\SiteMaker\docO72VV\NavIRGMS"/><Component type="2" id="text1" zorder="1" filename="text2429421" left="196" top="2" width="357" height="28" html="" newhtml="1" htmlcode="" newexhtml="1" exporthtml="" dlcount="0" imgcount="0" editorbgcolor="536870911" newcode="1" editcode="" rvf=""><htmlcode>&lt;FONT style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial"&gt;
&lt;div align=center&gt;&lt;font style="font-size:24px" color="#00FF00"&gt;Psi Rares&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/div&gt;
&lt;/FONT&gt;
</htmlcode><exportcode>&lt;div class="wpmd"&gt;
&lt;div align=center&gt;&lt;font class="ws18" color="#00FF00"&gt;Psi Rares&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/div&gt;
&lt;/div&gt;

There i fixed it already now you all can go back to dooing what u like best. no more complaints from here on out okay!

Zheo
08-12-07, 22:20
they need to make it so the people other than tanks can gun things :/ they totally took vehicles out of the game in 2.2 no more hc spys or hc pe's i wonder y :/ u used to see all types levelin on combat hovertechs, revelers, scorp trikes ect. now u see none, and its a shame.......ok back on topic :p

PE's should beable to gun upto reveler, spies upto may combat hover or something they're not really heavy guys :p tanks should get like bomber, carrier, and rhinos.

Zheo
09-12-07, 11:40
I though I should point this out before the patch is released, incase it hasn't been looked at by KK.

Faction Epic Items in general are a joke...har har.

Lets see shall we

City Admin

NCPD Power Armour Provides
Force 56
Pierce 56
Energy 24
Xray 24

Well that's pretty damn crap isn't it? I mean ionic underwear is better than that, looks much better too. So basically for the city admin epic you get to look like that guy out of Time Splitters, you know the guy that puts a cardboard box on his head to look like a robot? Nice! Provides a laughable amount of resists. Perhaps if it was 24 force, pierce then 56 energy and xray it would be worth using...assuming they made it look remotely attractive.

NExT!

You get the Reveler, now appart from the fact that KK turned its 20mm autocannon into a 2mm deringer (that ol timie gun that people laughed at. It's not bad, so assuming they fixed that YEY NExT.

Protopharm
Protopharm Resistor ENR:+15.86 XRR:+11.89 POR:+11.89

No bad, though it doesn't resist, force, pierce, fire or psi. but then if it only gave +5.66 to all resists it might actually make it crap. However +10 to all con resists wouldn't be bad, like the old mini-pprs.

Tanget Technologies
The best weapon designers around....they even built that nifty new implant destroyer...but they can't build any decent weapons other than that it seems. The "Tanget Prototype" is only fit for leveling for a brief period, after that it just becomes a rather over hyped paper weight. But at least they give you a choice of paper weights right? Pistol, rifle or cannon. Depending on the size of paper you use I guess. Would be nice if they gave you a weapon that could be used for pvp though, maybe KK could bump the TL upto 100? that might make it worth having speically for pe's.

Biotech

CON:+3.95 TRA:+7.93 HLT:+7.93 END:+15.86

Ah biotech how I use to love your MOVEON...so what the fuck did you do to it? Endurance!? ENDURANCE! WTF OMFG!!! HOLY CRAHN'S SHITE! *cough splutter* sorry just choking on my own rage there... Yes but seriously KK you guys made the moveon the biggest joke in implant history. Infact I think the director of biotech should go shoot himself or at least go play "Lets piss off the Grim Chaser."

I personally think that the MOVEON should make you Move On :) So how about +15.86 agility and athletics, then +50 endurance (because if you hadn't notice KK no one spec endurances because it is pointless you get all the endurance you need from con, and stam boosters. You actually might as well remove the skill all together for the worth it gives....wait it just takes up skill space. Have a re-think eh lads? Ladies? Genetically modified Devs?

Diamond Real Estate

It strikes me as odd that for all the work you do for these guys that instead of like a level 4 viarossa, they give you a rat infested, shit hole that smells of urine and yes I did half expect to find a hobo in the corner telling me to get out his train...i mean house. My personal reaction from that epic is to shove a grenade up the directors fat lazy ass and which him splatter all over his work mates. The least they could have done is give you a free viarossa level 3 unfurnished. That'd be a billion times better than the shit hole they do give you, which reminds me of another epic...

Black Dragon

First off you got some WAY COOLO DRUGS....wait they just fuck you six or seven ways depending on how many you take har har. Seriously though remove the "dragons drugs" or at least make them something useful rather than this +80000000 fire resists, -900000 health and endurance. That's just switching resistance for health with leaves you no better off, specially since you can't plan on what weapon your enemy will use.

So after people said "Dude these drugs are stupid, YOUR STUPID KK" etc. KK gave them a nice shit hole like the diamond place you know that app that looks like someone really fat got to the top floor and feel over, then feel through the floor back to the bottom (anyone seen that new pepsi max advert? Kinda like that)

Tsunami

For your efforts you get a rifle, yes another stinkin rifle, YEY RIFLE USERS! Was actually expecting a pistol though since im 99% sure all devs play pistolers, they seem to be trying to cram enough pistols to choke everyone into the game. And yes you guessed it, it's useless like the tanget pistols, Seems tsunami cant make weapons either har har, twats.

So KK make a cannon, pistol, drone, apu, ppu spell too oh and a melee weapon rather than giving just riflers something, then make them WORTH HAVING! instead of a second paper weight.

Fallen Angels

These guys get another implant;
CST:+9.91 RES:+9.91 REP:+9.91 REC:+9.91
WEP:-3.27 T‑C:-3.27

not actually that bad could be better with maybe +9.91 implant and drive, maybe even a little barter like +0.000001 just to make sure they don't pop over the barter limit they are all horribly worried about.

Still it's a good implant YEY KK did something half right *dishes out choco biscuits and tea to the devs*

City Merc
This one is personal, not only because im city merc, and that its a heavy weapon but also because i love miniguns/gatling cannons.

But wait whats that? KK fuck up again, oh damn! Yes they forgot, pistol, rifle, drone, apu, ppu again damn they are forgetful lot aren't they? Personally though CM should wipe out tanget after they hand them this GREAT gatling, that even though I cap it does half the damage of the EOF. holy shite! HALF it's only like 27 TL lower.... wow...how shite is that? Really "shot" youself in the foot there harhar.

Twilight Guardian

Not since NC1 have TG ever had anything that could remotely be called "epic" at best it's "Vegstable" Yes it's a hand grenade, now maybe if you could fit 249 in one Quickbelt slot and maybe if they did a good amount of damage, but no, they are shit, and after each throw you have to open your hud to reload....yeah go figure. Come on KK give TG something decent for once godamn it.

Crahn

^^ would be killing all the psi monks for the shit work they did on the gaya glove, the CAG 3 is better. much better omg it's so much better, why bother doing the epic?! Godamn it KK the only sodding reason for epics anymore is the TH cpu, PPR, creating a clan and getting the MINI PPR! I mean come on KK please FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!...oh wait only the professor could fix the ships engines....

I think i've covered all the epics. now so moving onto one last topic.

NCPD chip gives + to three con resists, ATM and FF give to one of the strength resists.... That's a whole other stat, maybe make them give something to it on the side like +5.185918646546498100001 or something...

Ok now before everyone stands up and says "FLAME ON" joins the fantastic four and starts burning holes in their keys....SOD OFF, i don't care what you think anyway :) Someone code in an ignore feature on the forums please :)

Har har....seriously "FLAME ON!"

EDIT: Oh Snowcrash please comment, something like "I don't make these kinds of decisions" then add in the KK office address and post me a free flight ticket so I can go mental gamer on the dev's asses! *giggle*

CHA0S
09-12-07, 12:52
ouch zheo hehe good type-out and valid points

hopefully they will read and sort.
But tbh i think they should just get this patch out before a big "whine" thread starts and the amazing 10% pop starts to decline.

And im still waiting for this..........

Last but not least: As so often at this time of year, Christmas is drawing nearer day by day, and once again it might bring one or two surprises.
:confused: either i missed it? or still waiting :p

TicketInspector
09-12-07, 13:43
Probably the only post made by Zheo that I agree with tbh

Tickles
09-12-07, 14:05
All good points, but the massive problem is balancing. You increase the Tangent epic to tl 100 and you have a bunch of more easily specc'ed Creeds.

I'd rather they released the F6 patch as soon as possible and then dealt with this other stuff later (I do definitely want them to deal with the epics). We don't want all the people like me who have come back for it, to get pissed off that it is still taking ages and leave again.

This last patch IMO is KK's last chance to bring NC back, and if they fuck it up, then I highly doubt NC will survive much longer. They need to do all the stuff that they have said in this thread, and do it as soon as possible.

Zheo
09-12-07, 21:14
True there IS a balancing issue, but still they either need to make the epic weaposn worth having or remove them and replace them, perhaps a speical tanget eye? a Tsunami appartment, a cm vehicle maybe a new type of glider or some such anyway, they need to do something.

Serious_Sam
09-12-07, 22:58
I'm not sure if anyone has already given us information pertaining to it, but will the patch have any effect on the general lag/netcode/stability?

I understand there will be more than average population in PP, can anyone forsee any issues?

Voodoo_Magic
10-12-07, 02:39
http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/guides/factions/chart.gif

:)

Zheo
10-12-07, 09:30
Could you somewhat explain that Voodoo, what do the colours mean, i assume, neutral, allied and enemy.... but which mean which, and I also assume DOY is npc rather than player

TicketInspector
10-12-07, 10:53
Looks pretty obvious to me...

Black being neutral.
Red being enemy.
Green being allied.

William Antrim
10-12-07, 11:53
Tbh Zheo I think you contradicted yourself massively in your last two posts and I don't agree with the style in which you set out your "arguments". It sounds like you've ranted for the sake of it and missed the point of the epics. The useful ones are tl75 for a reason, theyre not END GAME items, that is what woc is for. Sure the PPR is the most highly sought after epic item but thats just the nature of the item. The others are pretty average.
The epic finishes at level 45, a good 15 levels plus from cap. You cannot expect the items to be end of game stuff generally. Theyre there for levelling. Hence why the Crahn Glove does what it does. If you were a mid level monk getting a glove like that it would massively benefit you. The BD apartment is fine, I like it personally. The DRE apt needs a gogu AND a GR FOR SURE and some of the other items I agree need a rework. The CA pa we have discussed and the moveon, EVERYONE said was shite, theres nothing new there.

It looks to me like the whole post (minus the flames etc) could have been condensed down by half and put into the epic items thread where it would have been better seen.

QeeQaek
10-12-07, 12:50
Lets see shall we!!!

*Yes but seriously KK you guys made the moveon the biggest joke in implant history. .

*So after people said "Dude these drugs are stupid, YOUR STUPID KK" etc. KK gave them a nice shit hole like the diamond place you know that app that looks like someone really fat got to the top floor and feel over, then feel through the floor back to the bottom (anyone seen that new pepsi max advert? Kinda like that)

*So KK make a cannon, pistol, drone, apu, ppu spell too oh and a melee weapon rather than giving just riflers something, then make them WORTH HAVING!
*Still it's a good implant YEY KK did something half right *dishes out choco biscuits and tea to the devs*

*But wait whats that? KK fuck up again, oh damn! Yes they forgot, pistol, rifle, drone, apu, ppu again damn they are forgetful lot aren't they? Personally though CM should wipe out tanget after they hand them this GREAT gatling, that even though I cap it does half the damage of the EOF. holy shite! HALF it's only like 27 TL lower.... wow...how shite is that? Really "shot" youself in the foot there harhar.

*Come on KK give TG something decent for once godamn it.

*I mean come on KK please FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!...oh wait only the professor could fix the ships engines....

**Ok now before everyone stands up and says "FLAME ON" joins the fantastic four and starts burning holes in their keys....SOD OFF, i don't care what you think anyway :) Someone code in an ignore feature on the forums please :)

*Har har....seriously "FLAME ON!"

>>> EDIT: Oh Snowcrash please comment, something like "I don't make these kinds of decisions" then add in the KK office address and post me a free flight ticket so I can go mental gamer on the dev's asses! *giggle*

+1 rofl!! kiss, sweet!! i love you.

Voodoo_Magic
10-12-07, 14:43
SEX THE WORLD BABY!

(Patch release)

L0KI
10-12-07, 15:03
Have I missed something?

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=141159

Correction - HERE COMES THE PATCH!!!