PDA

View Full Version : Anything worth coming back for?

Lament
23-11-07, 17:07
Been quite a while since I had a look at NC, been busy with work etc, but just wonderin if much has changed since I was last active, player population? bugs? Wonder if the ol' DOY FA clan apt is still in one piece, full of lots of cool stuff... Guess I'm just lookin to see if it's worth lookin at comin back or not... Wonder if I still need help getting (un)lost in the Gaia mine...

L0KI
23-11-07, 17:11
It's always worth coming back, as it's such a good game.

Nothing much has been improved though. Populations are at an all time low, the latest patch is overdue, and still no news about when it'll be released.
- However, saying that; the patch will bring a few people back (I'm certain of that, as I know a few that are re-subbing when patchday comes!) and it should liven things up again, by changing the alliances back to old school NC1.

Lament
23-11-07, 17:14
NC 1, now that brings back some memories, any timeline on the next patch?

Archtemplar
23-11-07, 17:18
Well they said the beginning of November, but nothing yet, not even a peep about when it might come. Safe to assume about Jan or Feb.

L0KI
23-11-07, 17:27
NC 1, now that brings back some memories, any timeline on the next patch?

Well, many months ago, they said "Early November". That has passed now, and as I say - no updates have been given (again).

Lament
23-11-07, 17:27
how many playin NC at the mement?

L0KI
23-11-07, 17:41
how many playin NC at the mement?

I'm not at home to check, but 20-40 on Terra in a GMT day time is about average. Maybe 60-80 at peak

That being said... It's still a shit hot game.

TicketInspector
23-11-07, 17:41
If this patch fixed obvious problems and a few other things, I'm reactivating my second account

__I : )

William Antrim
23-11-07, 18:19
Weekends are the most popular, around 7-10% online.

Proxy
26-11-07, 11:09
I'm thinking of having a go at it as well, sounds like nothing much has changed though... Been away for the last, um, 3 years? :eek:

I miss the good ol' days on Pluto, with BRTF :)

zii
26-11-07, 11:22
Pluto: Only single slot server is Mars. All others are 4 slots. I play on Mars for the timebeing because its a single slot server.

Proxy
26-11-07, 11:49
I think the reason most people played on pluto was the atmosphere, in my opinion it was something special, but I'm not sure it was down to the single slot nature of the server. We all had multiple accounts anyway, some up to 4-5... :lol:

There was something special about that server anyway.

L0KI
26-11-07, 13:26
There was something special about every server in NC1.

james_finn
26-11-07, 15:03
I think the reason most people played on pluto was the atmosphere, in my opinion it was something special, but I'm not sure it was down to the single slot nature of the server. We all had multiple accounts anyway, some up to 4-5... :lol:

There was something special about that server anyway.

/Me remembers his 5 accounts on Pluto.... ahh the old days!

Proxy were you in BRTF?

/Delphi

Proxy
26-11-07, 15:38
Aye, I was. After that, I was in CIX, until we all jumped ship and so most of us went on to WoW... Those were happy days, right 'til the end. :)

Riddle
26-11-07, 17:37
Worth coming back just to enjoy the emotes :p

SEX

Proxy
26-11-07, 21:41
Hehe, remember the "skiing" using the sex-emote :P

Dead Bodies
27-11-07, 00:32
I throughly enjoy all of the features NC has to offer, I enjoy searching all Bases and zones for wierd GM spawned or built areas. secret entrances, new mobs and general exploring. makes me feel like a kid when i foud the Tech Haven secret exit to f07 ^0-^..

...sometimes i get real stoned and try to remember where the BYB is again... i always find it but its like giving yourself a stranger you just cant get enough.

E&E