PDA

View Full Version : Ion Weapons - Low tech or not?

William Antrim
19-11-07, 20:12
I posted this idea in another thread as it was something we discussed on ventrilo last night. The ion cannon as is does massive damage and far outweighs the other guns in its class. It needs "fixing". This issue has come up in the balancing thread but I didnt want to go in there again as that thread is in danger of being derailed. Besides I wanted to post a poll as I want a proper gauge of opinions.

In my honest opinion the first step to balancing the ionic weapons (specifically the cannon but ion weaponry in general) is to add a tech requirement to them.

I have absolutely no idea why the ionic weapons (considering their source o_O) are not currently hitech. I think that this would go a long way towards balancing them up and giving all of the spies and pes a fighting chance against all these low tech ion tanks.

As far as I can see the ion weapon using pes and spies (specifically the pistol users) use other weapons also, these will generally have a tech requirement so its not like the weapon users are getting nerfed as its something they have accounted for in their setups. The tanks however have a single weapon that they can have massive runspeed bonuses with and are far and away at a huge advantage over other classes. It seems like currently the only weapons that can beat a good ion tank are the woc weapons. This does not appear to be balanced to me.

I would like your opinions.

P.s Jini stay out of my thread, i dont like your ideas, opinions or viewpoint and I do not want you derailing my thread your bs.

Thanks all.

Mods - I do not see the option to add polls any more, would someone be kind enough to add one for me please. Just to say something along the lines of ion cannons - low tech?? yes or no?

Thanks again.

ashley watts
19-11-07, 20:17
Hmm, i think i'd prefer a general nerf, gives lowtech rifle PE's , Tanks Spys etc more opurtunity go , well Lowtech lol.

I do agree though, they are mighty powerfull for their TL.

MotorMike
19-11-07, 20:22
well i like the idee that the ioncs become High tech

but thats also will nerf the Pistol/rifle tank in speed ( agi)
now you could say so what ? but i want an Nc where difrrent setups has to be possible for all classes and in fact that there is rc/pc tank pas they should be the abillity to use it

so mein suggestion make them tc but not to high so that an pc/rc tank can have the oprtunity fur good speed also

William Antrim
19-11-07, 20:25
well i like the idee that the ioncs become High tech

but thats also will nerf the Pistol/rifle tank in speed ( agi)
now you could say so what ? but i want an Nc where difrrent setups has to be possible for all classes and in fact that there is rc/pc tank pas they should be the abillity to use it

so mein suggestion make them tc but not to high so that an pc/rc tank can have the oprtunity fur good speed also

The tanks would only be a few points slower than their PE counterparts though mate (75 dex vs 80 dex) but they have the constitution (100 vs 65) to overspec athletics so this is a non-issue really.

MotorMike
19-11-07, 20:34
mmh could be that has to be testet if that works

well i think an tc stat fpr ionic pistol like 60 is far enough

tobiwahn
19-11-07, 20:43
STR - requirement to 115 and keep the TL at 100 and everything is fine.

Dribble Joy
19-11-07, 21:23
Making it HT won't change anything. Remember that TC is not a point sink, it affect freq, aiming and range, and correspondingly the HC effects on it's performance are lower. Just like with rifles and pistols; a given total skilling gives an equal performance (in theory).

It just needs it's dmg changed. Altering it's req or some other random plaster-solution doesn't help.

William Antrim
19-11-07, 21:53
Making it HT won't change anything. Remember that TC is not a point sink, it affect freq, aiming and range, and correspondingly the HC effects on it's performance are lower. Just like with rifles and pistols; a given total skilling gives an equal performance (in theory).

It just needs it's dmg changed. Altering it's req or some other random plaster-solution doesn't help.

Its not an end, its a start and a much needed one.

Eternal Pink
19-11-07, 22:56
Can honestly say i've never had a problem with peeps using these, yes the damage is high but they are so inaccurate at like half a foot away you can range any poor bitch using one, nerf run-speed instead since its the high damage weapon plus insane runspeed that makes the setup overpowered not the actual weapon itself.

Faid
20-11-07, 03:26
All the weapons need to be fixed and balanced tbh, it sucks that only a few are usable and they're only usable because they are overpowered and unbalanced.
Keep the ions as they are at Lowtech, but actually balance them for their Tech level.

jini
20-11-07, 08:39
Rofl!
Sir!!!???
And how are you gonna deal with my FL spy if you nerf the ionincs? (just a thought, I don't want to "derail" anything as ordered..what am I saying???)..

On second thought... YES nerf the ionics... :p

William Antrim
20-11-07, 15:01
I said stay out of the thread for a reason.