PDA

View Full Version : Free Game?

Riddle
16-11-07, 16:09
Well I see FOM have gone through the mill, and come out with a suggested "FREE" game (With limitations) in the near future.

There will be two kinds of accounts, a free one and a premium account. Free accounts have no time limitation (so they can be used forever) but limited features. With such account your character can't evolve beyond a certain point.

[EDITED]

Not my thing, was in Beta way back, it sucked then and probably sux now but if your bored or low on cash, it will be FREE :angel:

Now why couldn't KK drive something like this?? the marketing principal is sound.

William Antrim
16-11-07, 16:23
yeah if you want woc you gotta pay for it, everything else is free.

That would kill this game mate unfortunately but I see where youre coming from. :lol:

L0KI
16-11-07, 16:38
Face of Mankind died long ago. I played it for a while - 6 months actually.

It was a known fact that if you paid for one month then cancelled your subscription, they never charged you again and never disabled your account. Idiotic really, but whatever. It's also nothing, AT ALL in comparison to Neocron - and the community is far more immature.

Riddle
16-11-07, 17:13
yeah if you want woc you gotta pay for it, everything else is free.

That would kill this game mate unfortunately but I see where youre coming from. :lol:

I was thinking more like level 30 'ish.

This would mean you couldn't be viable in any form of Real PvP at op wars or use any of the nice swirly's, would be an incentive to upgarde to premium.

Also only one char slot on a server instead of 4.

Not WOC, dam i would be on a freebie account :cool:

William Antrim
16-11-07, 17:28
Tbh this is the same idea as making the trial period a month long. Even a complete nooby would be able to find their way to level 30 in a month I would think.

Yeah it makes things more attractive for the noobs for sure.

Brammers
16-11-07, 18:23
Hmm, I know EvE has some skills you cannot train on trail accounts. (I know it's not the same thing as a free account, but it's close.)

There would have to be some restrictions, just to stop people farming items for cash, here is a few I can think of.

- Cannot use epic items or do the epic run (Otherwise people could farm it)
- Certainly make sure they cannot get woc disks, or woc weapons.
- Cannot use rare weapons (A swirly costs money to use!)

CMaster
16-11-07, 18:44
How about just scratching the liscence fee?

BaDDaSS
16-11-07, 19:33
I don't think you can kill a game that has no population :|

Allowing Free accounts would be good marketing, and could help bring this game back to life.

Anarchy Online still seems to be going strong, and that game is ooold.

nobby
16-11-07, 19:39
Very good point there

I wish someone like Nidhogg would reply to something like this to actually tell us KK's views on this...

Archtemplar
16-11-07, 23:28
I wish someone like Nidhogg would reply to something like this to actually tell us KK's views on this...

Quite simply put, if they think for a second that some of their current population would stop paying, they wouldnt even consider it.

Why do you think they have an auto-charge for their trial members? Squeeze the careless ones who dont like the game for at least some cash. They'd lose this chance is they were to inherit this bubbly notion of a free server.

DrRisk
17-11-07, 00:08
im looking forward to the new FoM actually. (council meeting bloodbath WTFlol)

Bullion
17-11-07, 05:00
Lots of good memories in the FoM beta, I'm almost afraid to go back

In school around the time, strange how mature I was, my character even had a last name. :lol:

Had a few friends strangely enough...yes, I had no friends in real life, and friends in a fantasy land. But the official RP side of it was...weird. I'm guessing horribly disorganized. On there forum there was a huge archive of RP story but all I saw was a man pretending to have a seizure.

"No! Don't let them take me mommy!", egads was that pathetic. There was also these two guys who apparently were OFFICIAL RP characters who yelled at me for hacking doors on Ganymede. Seeing as I was the only damn sentry in the place, I thought it necessary to know the door codes. I'LL HACK ANY DAMN DOOR I WANT TO IN MY OWN DAMN HOME! :angel:

ARGH! I just looked at the news declaring the free accounts. They're making freaking SAFE ZONES! I'll admit getting ganked by the same bastard 20 times in my factions base wasn't fun but damn they had the ability to just up defenses not turn into another dull....GAH! STUPID PEOPLE! And they're putting all the power in clans, no more real faction just freaking splinter cells all over the damn place. Guardians of Mankind meet your 200 wannabe successors who will do everything in there power to screw you up resulting in the entirety of humanity being devoured by alien freaks. (I miss that alien, shooting him was so fun)

DrRisk
17-11-07, 14:16
im stuck between LED,FDC and vortex cos eurocore is full of idiots i think

Bullion
17-11-07, 18:29
Meh, Eurocore's ok. We occasionally had this pair of dutch merchants from them passing through Aquatica to do some mining. I never trusted them for a SECOND!

Matanius
17-11-07, 18:37
I actually proposed a similar idea in another thread a while back: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=138236 got mixed views back about it and never got any official word on it either :p

Rage
19-11-07, 21:22
I don't think you can kill a game that has no population :|

Allowing Free accounts would be good marketing, and could help bring this game back to life.

Anarchy Online still seems to be going strong, and that game is ooold.

If NeoCron went F2P with say a premium account option as listed which might open things up for an item mall.. ppl do seem to like those long as the price is right.. sum games item prices are outrageous.

Anyway... my question is: should it go F2P+Prem with the city split? or together... if you get a mass of idiotic "poor" people kumming in (they might not always be xactly poor) and they dont respect "the rules" as most people do that pay for the game then you'll general have more trouble going around.

These are people that log on with bots, spam, racially bash people or strong overly done verbal abuse in which case more rules and regulations have to be applied and a tightly nit ban system

Thats why I was thinking: Should it be b4 the split? free game is going to draw in more people. thats a known and NC is a realli good game so thats like dippin in the cake and splitting the "trouble makers" in two bigger cities might be better then grouping them all together

And if the game went free.. trust me.. you'll fill both of the cities up within 2 months.

rob444
20-11-07, 00:52
fom_openbeta.exe (802 472 449 bytes)

*giggles like a girl*, I don't know why I still have that old crap on my PC :O

Dead Bodies
20-11-07, 19:51
Neocron - and the community is far more immature.

..... You say it like its a bad thing?