PDA

View Full Version : Dare i make an idea......

CHA0S
14-11-07, 22:08
Was thinking (scarey i know) and thought if woc weapons needs you to have a woc lvl what about rare weapons need you to have "Master" status possibly TL** can then be used.
Just think having Master status from an epic is kinda wasted imo.

If ppl have better idea's then feel free to add but PLEASE dont whine whinge or whatever just be productive. :cool:

And i hear that Neocron 3 is being thought about and the STEAM engine might be used? (maybe this needs to go in different Thread but....thoughts?)
REMEMBER BE PRODUCTIVE anything else is irrelevant) :angel:

ashley watts
14-11-07, 22:40
Hmmm, i REALLY like the idea of Faction only weapons, would be really kool, each with their own skin and damage type.

grr777
14-11-07, 22:58
Was thinking (scarey i know) and thought if woc weapons needs you to have a woc lvl what about rare weapons need you to have "Master" status possibly TL** can then be used.
Just think having Master status from an epic is kinda wasted imo.

If ppl have better idea's then feel free to add but PLEASE dont whine whinge or whatever just be productive. :cool:

And i hear that Neocron 3 is being thought about and the STEAM engine might be used? (maybe this needs to go in different Thread but....thoughts?)

where did you hear about neocron on the steam engine? id love that, the steam engine has such a good balance of scalability and visuals.

Riddle
14-11-07, 23:05

Propaganda! I tell you 8|

silent000
14-11-07, 23:10
I don't like that idea as i fucking hate running epics :( only done 3 of them in almost 3 years of NC, and that was to only activate WoC, i didn't do it for pleasure :D

StevenJ
15-11-07, 00:39
only done 3 [epics] in almost 3 years of NC, and that was to only activate WoC, i didn't do it for pleasure :D
You mean you'd only run an epic to use a certain weapon? Perhaps I'm missing something here, but that's kind of exactly like what's being proposed here :p

I like the idea, it sounds great. They'd have to be really, REALLY balanced though, otherwise one faction would explode!

Riddle
15-11-07, 00:46
They'd have to be really, REALLY balanced though

Dude this is NC :lol:

The whole master status meant you could setup a clan back in NC1 aswell as get the epic reward. iirc :p now changed?

As for epic weapons based on master status, why the hell not, we have Faction weapons, Woc weapons, why not Master.

Faid
15-11-07, 02:34
I agree with StevenJ, Faction weapons would be awesome if they were very balanced :)

Glok
15-11-07, 05:37
Did he not mean that to use any rare weapon you would have to have Master status in a faction or your own faction? That's the way I read it. Cool idea imo (either that way or own faction weapons way)

William Antrim
15-11-07, 11:47
Faction weapons? I presume you mean different skins for weapons that are the same or similar. That would be about all the variation you could have - unless you had fusion beam weapons for tg for example and plasma beams/waves for the CA guys?

I remember this issue being discussed back in nc1 before the epics were first released. At the time the suggestions were to make the epics faction only and/or bring in faction specific weapons, the objection to it was that unless the differences were aesthetic then all the monks would go to Crahn, all the tanks to CM/TT or whatever. My only concern would be this above.

However I can see the benefits of these weapons, as long as they were pitched below the current rare ones. I think if people had weapons that could be used at around the early to mid 40's range (end of epic and thus master status) that had some form of damage output suitable for the level but far superior to the store bought/constructed weapons of the same TL then people would use them over the store bought ones. It might even encourage lower level pvp. However the one thing I am concerned about is the epic weapons we have currently suck (TS rifle for example), if they could fix what is not working effectively at the moment then I do not honestly think there would be as much need for faction only items.

Down the line yes the content idea is fantastic and it may well even encourage noobs to pop their les and join in with pvp earlier (thus unlocking the best element of nc) but for now with majority of the population already capped and actively pvping I think that the current "bugged" weapons could be fixed and we would see a shift away from relying solely on creeds/xbows.

Nymphette79
15-11-07, 12:12
I remember a few people really really slogging to do all the epics for the paladin title but it was never implemented :lol:

William Antrim
15-11-07, 12:22
I remember a few people really really slogging to do all the epics for the paladin title but it was never implemented :lol:

black soul and qd... what a pair of tw@s.

haha. :lol:

L0KI
15-11-07, 12:25
black soul and qd... what a pair of tw@s.

haha. :lol:

hahaha!!!

Black Soul? I thought it was Black Dove. He was a proper tool.
I really hated that guy. He thought he was the shit.

They hopped factions and did every epic. I think that was the end for QD.

Brammers
15-11-07, 13:29
Hmm, why not have a few "Master" weapons, the master status doesn't really give much these days. (Except maybe bragging rights for having the first character to complete the FA epic in NC2 on Terra :p )

I have a Paladin character, so to take Chaos' idea a step further, how about Paladin weapons?

Also to the topic of what engine to use for Neocron 3, should KK get the chance to write that after Black Prophecy. I dont know if you know, but Black Prophecy using the GameBryo engine (http://www.emergent.net/index.php/homepage/products-and-services/gamebryo/gamebryo-engine). Although steam is a good engine, to me KK should use the GameBryo engine, since they will have used it for Black Prophecy and hopefully they will know that engine back to front.

P.S. GameBryo is used on games such as Oblivion.

William Antrim
15-11-07, 13:49
Bah memories and all that, it was Black Dove, Black Soul was Bad Ass..... I hope he wont hate me.

But yeah he (black dove) was a proper tool.

Dribble Joy
15-11-07, 14:15
Copbot rifles as a tl 95 plasma rifle, CA only. DoY raygun weapons TG only (and make regular rayguns blue again ffs).

L0KI
15-11-07, 14:19
(and make regular rayguns blue again ffs).

hear hear