PDA

View Full Version : A teensy weensy look and rant at a few things to come...

Heavyporker
13-11-07, 17:33
Been lurking a bit, looking at things and counting my pennies.

Heard that the next patch might fuck the Dome of York city something fierce. Interesting. But I got to say my piece.

Hey, I'd be pissed if DoY lost the clubs... these beautiful, beautiful clubs.

Oh, and the awesome apartments. Seriously guys, you want to give up four apartment types? Seriously? Are you serious? What's wrong with you?

Hey, can't forget the awesome Faction Headquarters either. I miss that TG headquarters with the neat grotto thing under the main areas. And the FA HQ... seriously, don't you enjoy going into that secret area? What about the Crahn HQ? Come on, guys, that's one of the coolest areas!

I will concede one thing, though... aerial mobs would be incredible in DoY, what with the potential combat areas. Not just raptors, but what about hovereyes (not hoverbombers, that's just ridiculous, not to mention too massive). What about bringing back drones as mobs, like KK did earlier? Drone mobs and hovereyes (with better AI) would be perfect for DoY!!!

I am amenable to compromises, though... Perhaps just limit DoY guards to the areas immediately around the apartment lifts, stores, and perhaps a couple faction HQs like Crahn (paranoid, likes their Inquistors), FA (tired of getting ganked, loves their turrets), and TG (paranoid and agressive, wants a couple sharpshooters to delay invasions). Clearing out the rest of the city, let a few DoYbots loose, upgrade some of these Sidestreets and Sewers into pants-crapping-difficulty areas. Keep the level 1 sidestreets, water-cleaning plants, a quest sewer, and a couple storage areas as noob-leveling areas for the hard-as-nails noobs and idiot-didn't-read-the-fucking-manual noobs.

That way, DoY remains available for everyone that wants to live there, level there, and fight there.

You know what, though, KK? What about creating tunnels under DoY with turrets between each faction-held city zone? That way, people who live there that don't want to run the gauntlet of mobs, gankers, and guards can dodge most of them.

That said... we need a greater variety of shops. Or, hell, reduce the inventory at some vendor types so we can open more shops. I mean, cramming five hundred items into a Yo's is old. Real old. Not to mention, wouldn't it be classier to split up the furniture vendors (everywhere, not just DoY) into 'plants', 'chairs and tables', 'electronics' (citycoms, lamps, these massive Tech Haven blue towers, hackboxes), 'storage' (cabinets and boxes), 'etc'. That'd be just beautiful, KK, just beautiful.

Oh, and wall coverings. FFS, KK, these trophies and jappy calligraphy things aren't cutting it, I suspect. What about these paintings? I want the option of putting up propaganda posters! HOLOSIGNS, motherhonker, you speak it?! I know your artists are fucking dying to let their skills rip. What about a selection of graffiti tags that we can buy and put up? I'd give someone else's nuts to put up a 'Freedom' tag! Or even a 'Burma Shave' poster!

Ahem. Also, what about a few screenshots of *any* new furniture items? That would go a long way in fanning the flames in my heart for Neocron.

KK, any information on if you are going to fix the stupid headlights on the vehicles. Yes, it is a crucial safety feature for traveling the wastelands. I should report you to our vehicular safety agencies!

Also, I haven't heard word one about if the grenade launcher is working properly on the combat wheeler. Is it still the fookin' suicide-mobile? And why are you so damn fixated on not letting the gunner determine anything more than azimuth and firing times? LET THE FOOKING GUNNER MOVE THE LAUNCHER SIDEWAYS TOO! Driver-gunner cooperation be damned! You'd need a fooking vulcan mind meld for that level of cooperation, sheesh!

Also, KK, you never told us what happens if someone mods a flashlight with another flashlight. Bonus points, KK, if you tell us if someone throws a laserpointer into the deal.

L0KI
14-11-07, 00:02
I hardly agree with any of this.

Neocron city is a million times more immersive, and well planned out that DoY. DoY would make a phenomal levelling area, but I genuinely dont think the game would miss it one bit, if it were to be closed off completely.

grr777
14-11-07, 00:43
the game survived without it for years theres really no need for it, but a leveling spot or split it into multiple outposts would be pretty sick. i kinda home bringing people back from doy will revive this game, this is the only mmo when your capped you have something to do that doesn't get old quick.

L0KI
14-11-07, 01:03
this is the only mmo when your capped you have something to do that doesn't get old quick.

The number one selling point of Neocron. Completely agree

Faid
14-11-07, 03:04
Make Doy one giant Ceres Lab with wondering protos that have no set spawn points :eek:

Bullion
14-11-07, 03:44
How bout something with a bit more...energy in it?

Something of great value ends up in the Domes center.
This something is valuable but dangerous and scary as hell which causes all the factions to withdraw only leaving outpost behind, allowing NC factions to move in and try and dominate the area. So now you have a small faction outpost in every DoY area that's at constant war with it's neighbors. Use NPCs to create front line battles and such around the outpost (which are where there was either A)the factions new/old HQ used to be or B) in a recently abandoned sector). Not only would the factions fight over DoY but for the ability to enter it in the first place via tunnel or air. The anti-NC would have an advantage holding the tunnel route and NC holding the air route(landing on top of Club Twister) and the two could go at the other's supply route, weakening the enemy's DoY outpost. Wasteland creatures and Anarchy Breed would also attack both sides assets daily all for whatever the hell now lies below DoY. (Er, meteors did it?)

William Antrim
14-11-07, 13:46
If Doy was as popular as you would like it to be HP then more people would go there.

As it is I think Pepper Park has more atmosphere and general cyberpunk-ness in one zone than Doy has in 12 or whatever there are there. However a high end levelling spot (as I mentioned in another thread) well holy sex.... that would be awesome.

The only other thing I would want to see reworked is hacknet. Give us better (see wider) bridges and let people ACTUALLY spawn at the Outpost they hacked into, not their faction hq because that is just the gashest thing in HN so far.

Rant over. :)

$ir Mafia
14-11-07, 14:29
Ah damn it. Didnīt think about it before...what about the great
"Electric Vibes-Club" in DoY ? Will it be gone when the faction update
goes retail? I hope not, itīs totally cool

Brammers
14-11-07, 16:47
Or what about the Tiki club! :D

Just thinking about Tech Haven. A lot of people have apartments in Techhaven sector 1. Now if TH sectors 1-3 became unsafe zones defended with FA turrets guns like in NC1, it would mean several factions would have considerable difficulty getting to the apartments. Those factions would be Tangent, Black Dragon and Crahn. (Going on the old F6)

I hope the dev's took that one into consideration.

silent000
14-11-07, 17:38
If Doy was as popular as you would like it to be HP then more people would go there.

As it is I think Pepper Park has more atmosphere and general cyberpunk-ness in one zone than Doy has in 12 or whatever there are there. However a high end levelling spot (as I mentioned in another thread) well holy sex.... that would be awesome.

The only other thing I would want to see reworked is hacknet. Give us better (see wider) bridges and let people ACTUALLY spawn at the Outpost they hacked into, not their faction hq because that is just the gashest thing in HN so far.

Rant over. :)

Afaik you can :wtf: If you own the OP just hack it once to spawn in the outpost, if you are atking the outpost get 4 different hackers and the 4th hacks the term again to appear in HN right next to the term. But the way most people do it is alot of ways but we always liked the idea of running the first hacker into Hn while the other layers go down, we hated logging some1 off there :cool:

William Antrim
14-11-07, 17:52
Then I stand corrected, thank you cracker.

It's just every time I have logged into hacknet from ANYWHERE I have ended up at my faction db. I can understand doing this in the city but doing it in the middle of the wastelands and suddenly I find myself in my faction hq.

For the purpose of "reality" I would have expected Hacknet to function in a similar way to the "real" world ie hack into hacknet at Sieger gr and end up there.

Op hacking is different, its been nearly 12 months since I hacked any ops so I cannot comment on that.

CMaster
14-11-07, 18:04

Just thinking about Tech Haven. A lot of people have apartments in Techhaven sector 1. Now if TH sectors 1-3 became unsafe zones defended with FA turrets guns like in NC1, it would mean several factions would have considerable difficulty getting to the apartments. Those factions would be Tangent, Black Dragon and Crahn. (Going on the old F6)

Lots of people used to have appartments in the Old Canyon - became rather difficult to use when it went back to being TG. It's one of those things you have to deal with (although I swear there were more people there when it was Old Canyon than these days)

Doc Holliday
14-11-07, 21:17
just dont leave doy to go to waste. the last few days ive bobbed around in it on the bd epic and in general having made the move to live there at least short term. i like it. i always liked it but its too darn big and without a map thats pretty accurate it gets a bit tiring. i love the npcs being hidden away and a nice big ass pvm area would be smart. theres plenty of ground for fights but make it levelling spots if it could be done. that would be sexy. or go with the idea of retaining some spots for the anti faction hqs to be and as an alternative place to live. hell all pro factions get a wide selection of appartments (kinda :) ) so let the doy folks have the same. thats all. beyond that yes lets get this game rolling again :)

StevenJ
14-11-07, 22:30
but make it levelling spots if it could be done.The inner sectors of DoY would make superb perma-event zones, with insane spawn rares, and rare mobs (such as the Devastaor and Bastard). It would be nice if the areas around were swaped with mobs that spawned insanely fast, and it was a battle to get to the centre to face these buggers... I'd like to see some sectors provide an alternative to leveling at Regant, with something really nice in the centre for when capped chars are struggling to find PvP action, they can still find a challenge.

Heavyporker
18-11-07, 03:08
In my heart of hearts, I weep that you guys would be so blase in the face of losing DoY as it should be...

Brammers
18-11-07, 03:19
Well club Vibes and Tiki club made the pain of loosing Techhaven a little easier to bare, but any Fallen Angel knows his home is Techhaven not the Dome.

Archtemplar
18-11-07, 16:56
I agree with the idea that DoY should be a leveling spot, but not just high end. The place is big enough to have at least mid to high leveling. The bars would be awesome if they were a neutral 'reload' point with ammo, genrep, and dancers

Bullion
19-11-07, 01:15
I still say it should be a PvEvP thing

Matanius
19-11-07, 02:21

From Carnage

What will happen with the existing Clanapartments? Will they be moved too? What will happen to the cabs and their content / furniture? Are clans allowed to have more then one apartment? Will TH become a warzone again? Do we get our Security Bots (Turrets) back?
I think some of the questions i can answer now.
Existing Dome Appartments and their content will be moved to a new (still secret) location in Neocron (except the TH/TG apps). Clans can only have one Clanappartment.

We decided to leave HQs as safezones because actually the population for each faction is too low for defending the HQ. Its no problem to change that later to nonsafe, if there are enough ppl for defending the HQ.

Bozz-Von Mel
20-11-07, 01:32
Destroy DOY completely. Make an event out of it. Have everyone stand in the desert as a flash of white light fills the screen.. after the light passes DOY is deleted from the NC server forever and we play NC1 again.

Heavyporker
20-11-07, 18:52
Screw you, Mel.

Dome of York and Neocron City forever!

William Antrim
20-11-07, 19:53
Destroy DOY completely. Make an event out of it. Have everyone stand in the desert as a flash of white light fills the screen.. after the light passes DOY is deleted from the NC server forever and we play NC1 again.

w0rd.