PDA

View Full Version : Netgear WPN802 & Neo

TimonX
10-11-07, 02:55
Well, I decided to come back and take a look. I DLed the client, installed it and the patcher did it's thing. But when I got inside, it took forever to login from the username/password to server selection screen. After some attempts it did and I loged into my char.
I think I have port problems. I tryed opening the neccessary ones in router menu, but... Does anyone has this router and can guide me through it? Thx

TimonX
10-11-07, 16:35
I been at this all night, but still I find no solution. As I said before: I have reactivated my account, DLed the client, it patched correctly, but the problem is that the client often stalls when I try to log in and when I can log in, I have a very hard time loging from the username/password to the server selection screen. But if I persist for a long time I can. Still, it's very hard. I tried to open all the neccessary ports, but I'm not sure if all is ok because I'm a bit clumsy with my current router software.
Any ideas? Thx

Doc Holliday
10-11-07, 17:08
timon try writing to tech@neocron.com. some people here will be able to help you as alot no more than me but if you opened ports etc and its a clean install try disabling a firewall is my best guess. usually it could be shit thats interfereing but it doesnt seem to be that as u reinstalled.

I have slow load times from title screen sometimes but i put that down to my internet as right now its slow sadly. then once i do i get a inventory bug occassionally which a few people are having but a bug is nothin new with this game. i think if it wasnt buggy i wouldnt play it as im so used to them.

anyway. im sure someones gonna get on and help u and hopefully go hahahah your problem is netgear. cause im sure someone will.

aKe`cj
11-11-07, 14:00
make sure you've killed each and every process not absolutely required for running the OS or NC.

TimonX
12-11-07, 17:21
Sooo... I've been mailing support@neocron and doing some home research. I disconnected my router and connected directly from my game computer to my modem to see what will happen. Nothing did.
First I figured that my router setup had the wrong port settings and that created problems. But when I connected directly (I wasn't running any firewalls (windows or any other) the problem was still there. Basically what happens is: I double click on the neocron icon and the window pops up. I press Play Neocron 2 and the the whole process takes a lot of time before the window dissappears. I wait then and wait. After a whiled I get kicked in the in-game Neocron login screen. I have the username/password entered and I press enter. And then I wait. In 14 in 15 trys I get kicked back to the login screen. In 1 trial of 15 I get to the server-selection.
So I guess it's not a problem with my port distribution. But what is the problem? And how do I fix it? Support recomended Pingplotter (http://www.pingplotter.com/). I am using it ATM, but I don't understand what it means...
Here are the results (hope the pick isn't too big):

http://shrani.si/f/3i/aK/1OzpoKhe/621402950.png

Can anyone explain what this means and how do I fix it? Thx

james_finn
13-11-07, 18:38
That picture shows that the second hop on your connection to the server is getting 100% packetloss and so often no data is passing through - the odd thing is that you arent getting a IP address for that second hop.

Can you go to start -> run and type cmd into the box
then type ipconfig and post what is outputted into the command prompt here?

/Delphi

nabbl
13-11-07, 18:43
maybe post whats in your error.log ... (that file is created in your neocron folder)

when there is more than one host ip in it most likely its the problem.

TimonX
13-11-07, 23:18
The really odd thing is I CAN connect to Neocron. I think the second hop is "hidden" by my ISP and the loss isn't 100%, it's just the server configured not to respond to pings.
I'm not familiar with Internet connections, but since I can connect to the game server, the 100% packet loss would mean I couldn't, right?
Again... I can get into Neocron, it just takes an absurd amount of time. :S
And how do I fix this problem?

ipconfig:
C:\Documents and Settings\Timon>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Error logs are empty :S :
free memory: 1628 MB physical, 3619 MB virtual (80%)
File Check complete: 1147 files checked

Thx

DrRisk
13-11-07, 23:51
have you made your IP static? try that and a virus scan could do wonders too ;)

TimonX
16-11-07, 15:33
Working. I de-installed my anti-virus software and reinstalled Neocron. That solved it.