PDA

View Full Version : *answer To Your 00 Synch's Inside*

Dead Bodies
05-11-07, 18:51
After 18 hours of phone, hardware, and software Pokes and prods. Gouging an eye out and almost fed the pc to the pavement. I have figured Out the oo Synch problem. (dosent mean i've fixed it on my end but i got it) I rember reading in another post that people with certin internet providers had no issues they actually have better then expected gameplay. So i tried making a Static IP, diddnt work. I tried making a specific port. Wont work. I called my internet provider (CoX) and said what the dillo yo! He said wer'e butt fucks and we wont let you run any of these long ass list of ports becasue we dont want u running servers without paying $600.00 a month. but if you have a Router even more of those precsious ports are blocked. So if you set your Internet connecton to obtain IP and DNS automaticaly, and let your router visit the pavement. it Should work Great. i'm still looking to get it running with the router so i can play on both PC's :D

Ill keep you updated with Info i will post a step by stp on how to set IP and DNS to obtain automaticaly.

D.B

Dead Bodies
05-11-07, 18:57
1. Click on my computer

2. Click on my network places

3. click on view network connections.

4 (if you have a router or firewall software you'll see multuple connections) find the connection that has name of modem Ie Realtek / ethernet or something. Right click on that one go to properties

5.scroll down the list to internet protocol (TCP/IP) highlit it and click property's

6.cick obtain Ip adress automaticly and obtain DNS server automaticly close and close the previous window it should lag and save.

7. make sure in setings (in NC) that you DO NOT have the box checked to use alternate port. (is some providers block it)

8. try it it should log u directly in play on !

*REMEMBER* if you do not have firewall or antivirus software and only rely on your router for protection. REMOVING the ROUTER will eleminate your protection u can visit www.avast.com for a free antivirus, firewall,syware protector just get home version. it would be recommend to keep you safe. (ie make sure its set to MEdimum low protection when your playing.

D.B

Brammers
05-11-07, 19:29
...Should work Great. i'm still looking to get it running with the router so i can play on both PC's :D

If you got more than one install, whether on the same PC or different PC's make sure they have unique port addresses for each install. I can't remember the precise steps to get there, but click on configuration button in the NC launcher, hopefully you will find it there.

Asurmen Spec Op
05-11-07, 19:35
If you got more than one install, whether on the same PC or different PC's make sure they have unique port addresses for each install. I can't remember the precise steps to get there, but click on configuration button in the NC launcher, hopefully you will find it there.
Launcher -> config or the .ini in the neocron folder

Dead Bodies
05-11-07, 19:56
only problem is if u click the port in settings, it finds best alt port for game and thats one thats blocked for me. would need to assign one Like 8020 wich is one of most common to connect to NC...

CHA0S
05-11-07, 22:17
i have my router firewall set to Endpoint Independent on both udp and tcp
i dont have sync probs

maybe im lucky or maybe it'll help someone else

regards

C.