PDA

View Full Version : Black screen after log in

Sotha-Sil
28-10-07, 11:34
When I try to log onto my character the screen just turns black and nothing happens, so I have to shut the game down through task manager. Just started playing and when I disconnected last night a message box with some error showed up. Don't remember what it said, though. :/

I have tried to make a new character, but nothing happens. I also got the same error message earlier when I was playing the tutorial and used the inventory, so I had to restart the game and tutorial.

William Antrim
28-10-07, 13:27
Support@neocron.com might be worth an email.

Other than that wait for other people more fluent than I am in pcs and stuff. Have you changed the port you log in on? That might help it, dunno. Sorry if I was not much help.

aKe`cj
28-10-07, 13:40
try:

[ ] run a filecheck in the launcher
[ ] windowmode (just so you see any sys errors / windows popping up - e.g. firewall/antivirus)
[ ] switch dx-modes (dx7<>dx9)
[ ] delete the folder "SERVERNAME" in the /neocron2/defs/ directory
[ ] delete models.tmp
[ ] delete your error logs (/neocron2/logs/), reproduce the problem and see what the newly created log file contains (past it here)

NeoTrace
28-10-07, 14:45
try:

[ ] run a filecheck in the launcher
[ ] windowmode (just so you see any sys errors / windows popping up - e.g. firewall/antivirus)
[ ] switch dx-modes (dx7<>dx9)
[ ] delete the folder "SERVERNAME" in the /neocron2/defs/ directory
[ ] delete models.tmp
[ ] delete your error logs (/neocron2/logs/), reproduce the problem and see what the newly created log file contains (past it here)
[ ] delete your char
[ ] delete your account
[ ] delete your wife
[ ] delete ...

or Check your System-Memory usage :p

Some threads are catching all your memory (like the NC2 Client) and Neocron 2 HATES insufficient memory! :p

[ ] delete.... memory Oo

"My blackout was longer as your party!" ...

Sotha-Sil
28-10-07, 15:08
I checked the error logs and there was definitely memory involved. The game seems to be working just fine right now though. Probably had some program running that was draining the memory.

Thanks. :)

Edit: "A Fatal Run-time error has occured" was the error. Just happened again.

Napalm82
28-10-07, 15:46
I dont nkow how much memmory you have, but NeoCron is VERY picky about that.

So try shutting down some background programs and give it a go, also, when you're in-game press ALT+F to get some info on how your system is holding up (FPS/Connection/Free mem)

However, even if everything is in working order you can still get "Fatal runtime errors" tis the curse of NeoCron.

But with a smooth running machine they seem to be rare, what i have experienced, then a good deal of free mem and a stable/high connection will ensure you an almost perfect experience.

But toy around with your settings and check the ALT+F function to see how its going.

Good luck mate.

- Napalm

aKe`cj
28-10-07, 18:01
...blabla ...memory..blabla

I always leave out that one on purpose, so you have the chance of contributing an intelligent post as well ...once in a while. :p :angel:

NeoTrace
28-10-07, 23:45
I always leave out that one on purpose, so you have the chance of contributing an intelligent post as well ...once in a while. :p :angel:

Yeah,... you can formulate your posts very intelligent (= in this case arrogant?!) , but you can't mask your crap content ;)

Okay, now its time for the very important things ...

... to get more points on my Insanty-Account:

HAHAHAHAHAAHA MEMORY!! HAHAHAAAA

Oo

Doc Holliday
29-10-07, 01:35
Fatal runtime errors are neocrons way of telling you you need to have a break from gaming for 10 minutes and deal with real life. its just funny how it chooses when you have a break :)