PDA

View Full Version : [Player Event] Air Race Event - Terra

DFox
22-10-07, 11:14
In the year 2136 scientist discovered that the third planet of the Solar system of Irata has similar biogenics has oure planet Mars. Many still have the hope in collonizing this planet sometime in the future and are working to overcome the problem of the flight (80 Light years away).

Now the time has come to find out who oure brave and best pilots are. We will organise a number of events to test oure pilots to the maximum.
Let the game's begin and may the best man/women win.

The first Air Race is a fact, it will start at Friday 26st Oktober at 20hr00 CET on the Terra server. All drivers are welcome and remember that this is a race ... NOT a shootdown.

The race will be taken place over 3 zone's where u need to get a item from a person and deliver it back to the finish.

Vehicles has to be 2 seaters and air born, Observer , Advanced Glider, Advanced Assault Glider, DoY Advanced Scout, DoY Advanced Assault Glider.
The race will be flown in teams of 2 persons. There are 3 checkpoint where the pilots / passenger needs to pick upp something and return it to the finish.

This race is a open event and gambling will be atmited up to 250.000nc's. The betting system is simple: All runners can place a bet on their favorit pilot team to a max. of 250K, except the pilots team themself. The bets count has double or nothing so when u bet 200K on a team that wins the race u get 400K in return.

At the Start / Finish line we will provide the change to buy vehicles used for the event at a low price.

1st price = 2 Air Guards + 2 Observers for the winning team
2nd price = 1 Air Guard + 1 Observer
3rd place = 2 speedbikes

Remember this is a ALL Runners event so please leave ure Guns at home and bring ure winning spirit and ure good mood to the event.

So i hope to see u all at the event on Friday 26st Oktober 2007, 20hr00 CET Brussel time ( Click here for World Clock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/) ).
Start / Finish line will be on top of zone A07 (top floor above the old prison entree).

Best Regards,
DrakoStarr

William Antrim
22-10-07, 11:22
Count me in!

Cant fly worth a hoot but I can bet plenty.

SnowCrash
22-10-07, 11:33
I have moved the event announcment to the Community Announcement forum and marked it accordingly. Very nice idea. Keep it up! ;)

Chenoa
22-10-07, 11:42
Note: This event is with support of the Event team, means it's with the off. Eventrules.

nabbl
22-10-07, 11:44
so .. it is allowed to shoot down the other gliders?

SnowCrash
22-10-07, 11:58
so .. it is allowed to shoot down the other gliders?

What exactly did you not understand from the above mentioned event rule?

"Remember this is a ALL Runners event so please leave ure Guns at home and bring ure winning spirit and ure good mood to the event."

:wtf:

nabbl
22-10-07, 12:07
ok snowcrash... just for you i quote the text above:

Vehicles has to be 2 seaters and air born, Observer , Advanced Glider, Advanced Assault Glider, DoY Advanced Scout, DoY Advanced Assault Glider.

when i am allowed to use assault gliders... is it possible to shoot the other gliders during the race?

that point isnt clear for me.

Brammers
22-10-07, 12:14
Quick question on the time, do you really mean 20:00 CEST or 20:00 CET?

Edit: P.S. Count me in as well, so long as I can find a co-pilot!

William Antrim
22-10-07, 13:25
ok snowcrash... just for you i quote the text above:

when i am allowed to use assault gliders... is it possible to shoot the other gliders during the race?

that point isnt clear for me.

"The first Air Race is a fact, it will start at Friday 26st Oktober at 20hr00 CET on the Terra server. All drivers are welcome and remember that this is a race ... NOT a shootdown."

Nabbl? Any clearer? Its there in orange text in the original post mate.

Junker
22-10-07, 13:44

i might be the one you are looking for ... if i can make it!

nabbl
22-10-07, 13:59
i read that one too...

but u can interprete that in many ways. is it meant that the focus is lying at the race and u shouldnt shoot that much? or arent u allowed to shoot anything.

and when u arent allowed to shoot, who is controlling that?

Archtemplar
22-10-07, 14:04
It wont be a shootdown, but i bet there will be more than half of the participants wrecking their aircraft due to the fan-fucking-tabulous fall damage that aircraft suffer from.

Apocalypsox
22-10-07, 16:03
I may show up in a Rhino just to rip people like Nabbl a new asshole. If they dont show up, i think ill be there in my Adv Scout and be taking home a few new vehicles :lol:

...Now who am i gonna have for a co-pilot 8|

silent000
22-10-07, 16:12
Ah bums! Its my friends 18th on the 26th :( i wud of loved to of been in that

SnowCrash
22-10-07, 16:16
Ah bums! Its my friends 18th on the 26th :( i wud of loved to of been in that

Maybe you can sponsor a young and talented pilot? Imagine all the money and fame you will receive when he brings home one prize after the other! :cool:

Faid
22-10-07, 16:34
Awesome another event I can't go to because its on a weekday and not the weekend :mad:

Zheo
22-10-07, 19:14

If he was still in game I'd say "give Tiberious a call" he always beat me in air races, except that one time when His glider ended up at DRT but he ended up three sectors south, he's never hear me say "OMFG!?" So loud on ts before.

Note that his glider kind appeared above my head while he was still zoning.

Also this event is a FAB idea, but you can bet some happless twat will ruin it :) Good luck though hope all goes well.

William Antrim
22-10-07, 19:28
Awesome another event I can't go to because its on a weekday and not the weekend :mad:

Good point Faid. I will mention it to the organiser and see it can be moved to a Saturday. I just realised it is this friday and I cannot make it either! :rolleyes:

DFox
22-10-07, 20:30
So for those that cant really make the time diffenernce ... i hope this helps :

20hr00 Pm Cet (Brussels) = 19hr00 Pm London = 02hr00 Am Hong Kong = New York = 02hr00 Pm . I hope this helps a little.

And for those that wanna try and be thereselfs (idiots) Dont Come and Spoil the Fun of Others.

This is a open event so pls leave out any guns, the reason that the pilots can fly theyre assault vehicles is so that we have different type's wich make's it more fun to watch. One Tip ... the observer has a faster turning radius the the assualt versions.

Also we know we cant please all runners like Faid but i'll promise ya that next mayor Event will follow on a weekend Day. U can allway's send me a personal message with idea's on date settings and or time settings for organising events.

Garfield
24-10-07, 20:55
guess there is no co-pilot seat for me!?

yeah i know leave fatty at home but! remember pussys allways landing on their feet`s :eek:

CHA0S
24-10-07, 21:09
Wonder if snowcrash and chenoa will be flying hehe :lol:

Good luck though to all the runners participating.

Serious_Sam
25-10-07, 01:25
[QUOTE=DFox]

And for those that wanna try and be thereselfs (idiots) Dont Come and Spoil the Fun of Others.

This is a open event so pls leave out any guns, the reason that the pilots can fly theyre assault vehicles is so that we have different type's wich make's it more fun to watch. One Tip ... the observer has a faster turning radius the the assualt versions.
QUOTE]

Its sad how you have to really spell it out just so certain people know not to be a prick.

Matanius
25-10-07, 01:25
Brilliant idea matey :) I haven't been in-game for ages but I may pop my head in to have a look. I have been asked to go out that night but I'm not sure if I'm going sooo...if anyone is looking for a pilot/co-pilot gimme a PM and I'll see what I can do :)

Reaction77
25-10-07, 01:51
I would gladly be someones co-pilot, but i cant make it :(

DFox
25-10-07, 08:50
Considering the prices i believe its worth ure while, but to make it even more intresting ... i'm proud to offer the 3 winners a Gold , Silver and a Bronze Cup (still a rare item) with the help of oure GM Support team (thx guy's).

So find ureself a pilot or co-pilot and enter the Race, this Friday 26st Oktober 2007 starting at 20hr00 CET (Central European Time) on the topfloor above the prison entree at zone A07.

Remember this is a event for the brave ... ure not alone in the sky ...

Cya all there and may the best pilot team win,

DrakoStarr

DFox
26-10-07, 01:23
Best advice is to show up at the event, cause we have some pilots that wanna join but cant find a Co-pilot/navigator.

Cya all at the event

DFox
26-10-07, 14:08
Ok the race will start at the top cliff line in A07 next to the building.

The pilots must find 3 items in 3 differnet zone's with the help of their Navigator.
The zone's will be made public at the Starting line. At these zone's GM's will wait ure arrival and u will recieve the item from them. When u have all 3 items u better floor it and get them back to the finish line and give them to the event organiser (DrakoStarr). The pilot team that has crossed the finish line first with the correct 3 items is the winner of this First Air Race.

May the best team win and cya all this evening,

DFox
27-10-07, 02:14
Well allthough their werent many Pilots on the scene(4 teams whats not bad considering the total online) we had a breath taking, hart mallfunctioning Race.
The sky was clear and the weather was just great for this event.
All Pilots getting ready at the starting possitions, engine's burning pure kerozine, runners are wooting for their favorite pilot/navigator team .... man i can tell ya know ... it was pure adrenalin upp there. Here come's the countdown .... and off they go ... when the dust has settled the only thing we where abble to see was a shinny glimps of a Observer at full speed ... leaving behind a tail of twisting air.
Comming at the first waypoint was Fastkiller with on his tail the charming Tarja Ghost .. and ... ooh no it seems that Blionherz has some trouble ... people he's going down ... Blionherz has crashed his Observer and is running for the ASG. Angry has he was ... throws his helmet on the ground ... full throttle and off he is again with a new Glider in pursuit of the others.
After the 3 waypoints its a neck on neck race for Fastkiller and Tarja Ghost ... followed by Porcine and Blionherz, and stay's until the finish with some last battle for 3rd and 4th place between Porcine and Blionhertz its Porcine that has the best possition and come's in 3rd.

1st place goes to Fastkiller
2nd place goes to Tarja Ghost
3rd place goes to Porcine
4th place goes to Blionhertz

But no matter what ... they all made it back and they all have proved themself that they are part of a elite of Pilots.

For Picture's of the Race Click here (http://www.dbrotherhood.com/NTC/AirRace26Oktober2007/)

I wanna thank oure GM Support Team and the volunteers of Dbrothehood and offcourse the brave Pilots and the runners that supported them.
Hope to see u all at oure next event.

Greets,
DrakoStarr